let's talk '15

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

splitsecond

Re: let's talk '15

Post by splitsecond »

Jefe wrote:Guy at a bar Saturday compared TJ to Jason Kidd. I thought it was a pretty damn good comparison
Minus 4 inches.

I do believe we will see TJ in the NBA if he keeps playing at some point. Work to hard and I mean, JJ Barea made it to the league. But I could also see him going into coaching fairly quickly. People talk about wanting Pastner after Miller. Fuck that. I want TJ.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

97cats wrote:Arizona's starting five = gonzo
Yep.
It's going to be a whole new turning of the page.
Enjoy the ride right now.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:There's always Iraq.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... k-a-month/

Careful on those road trips.
Speaking of Michael Wright (other thread) I remember him saying he felt safer playing in Israel than he did back home in Chicago.

Baghdad has a murder rate similar to Detroit? http://versus.com/en/baghdad-vs-detroit
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

In happier news, Smith, Simon, and Trier are all going to be very good (perhaps great) players for AZ. Gonna be a fun season next year. Lots of growing pains. for sure. But I love our depth and versatility.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:In happier news, Smith, Simon, and Trier are all going to be very good (perhaps great) players for AZ. Gonna be a fun season next year. Lots of growing pains. for sure. But I love our depth and versatility.
Speaking of Smith, any updates on his ACL recovery?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:In happier news, Smith, Simon, and Trier are all going to be very good (perhaps great) players for AZ. Gonna be a fun season next year. Lots of growing pains. for sure. But I love our depth and versatility.
Don't forget Chance Comanche. With BAsh and Tarc both bailing he is going to get a lot of minutes.

And Craig Victor will be still sitting on the bench finishing his redshirt.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

TJ is going to need to improve his perimeter shot dramatically to play in the NBA. He has the smarts, vision. A team like the Spurs, maybe Warriors would be ideal, but he's be a huge project at that level. But I wouldn't bet against him.

I do think he's a coach in the making.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Don't forget Ryan Anderson either.
Bangkok Wildcat

Merkin wrote:
Don't forget Chance Comanche. With BAsh and Tarc both bailing he is going to get a lot of minutes.

Oh Man, I'm still disappointed about Victor BUT if you don't have the balls to fight for playing time and/or desire to be a Wildcat TEAMMATE then good riddance!

Obviously this doesn't apply for hardship reasons or family problems, etc.
Bangkok Wildcat

84Cat wrote:Don't forget Ryan Anderson either.

Any info on just how good Anderson is exoected to be? Intel from practices? Expected to be starter? minutes, boards, points per game? Thanks!
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Don't forget our #1 offensive option next year - Kadeem Allen.

The back court of PJC, York, Pitts, Simon, Trier, Allen is retarded good. Retarded good.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Just hope we get rabb. Without him our only post players are ristic, Anderson(who is more of a shooting non back to the basketball post) and Comanche.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Merkin wrote:

I'm still not convinced that both (or either) of Bash/Tarc will turn pro after the tourney. If both of them are informed that they won't go in the 1st round they may very well choose to return. Regarding Rabb I would love to get him but if it came down to Bash returning for his senior year or getting a one and done Rabb I would take Bash every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
Bangkok Wildcat

dmjcat wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I'm still not convinced that both (or either) of Bash/Tarc will turn pro after the tourney. If both of them are informed that they won't go in the 1st round they may very well choose to return. Regarding Rabb I would love to get him but if it came down to Bash returning for his senior year or getting a one and done Rabb I would take Bash every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
My thoughts exactly BUT Bash is 100% gone and Tarc is very likely too. Don't think Tarc returning would impact Rabb's decision though.

97 has me convinced Rabb to Arizona and that Miller is indeed a 'Witch' ;-)
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

100% that Johnson, RHJ and Ashley are gone. 75% Tarc is gone. Gotta get rabb and probably another post player recruit/transfer

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

"Just hope we get Rabb. Without him our only post players are ristic, Anderson(who is more of a shooting non back to the basketball post) and Comanche."

lol, 99% of NCAA teams would kill to have that post. But yea, Rabb solidifies it.

My only question mark is if he can handle college bruisers as a freshman who still needs to add weight/muscle.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

luteformayor2 wrote:Don't forget our #1 offensive option next year - Kadeem Allen.

The back court of PJC, York, Pitts, Simon, Trier, Allen is retarded good. Retarded good.
My (Monopoly) money is on Trier being the #1 option. I just don't see Allen being more than a role player. You can't have a 2 guard shooting 30.5% 3 point shots against JC competition. He was 470th in 3 point % in JC.

Miller also has York and Pitts at the 2, with PJC and Simon at the PG. York may also play the 1 based on matchups, as PJC can't guard much taller players.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
luteformayor2 wrote:Don't forget our #1 offensive option next year - Kadeem Allen.

My (Monopoly) money is on Trier being the #1 option. I just don't see Allen being more than a role player. You can't have a 2 guard shooting 30.5% 3 point shots against JC competition. He was 470th in 3 point % in JC.

Miller also has York and Pitts at the 2, with PJC and Simon at the PG. York may also play the 1 based on matchups, as PJC can't guard much taller players.
Slow your role Jack! Walton says Kadeem will be a Conference of Champions POY!!!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
84Cat wrote:Don't forget Ryan Anderson either.

Any info on just how good Anderson is exoected to be? Intel from practices? Expected to be starter? minutes, boards, points per game? Thanks!
He was virtually a three-year starter and average over 15 and 8 and 14 and 7 his sophomore and junior seasons, respectively. In the ACC. He is 6'9" and has had a year of practicing with Bash and Zeus. Common sense tells you he is going to be one of our best players, if not our best, taking into account the youth of next years team.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Unless he regressed significantly during the redshirt, I'd think Anderson would take over Ashley's place at the 4. Guy was an all ACC level player. Was able to score 15-20 on top 25 ACC teams.

gumby

Post by gumby »

But let's never forget this about Ryan Anderson.

Not a point guard.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

A taste of Anderson. Like the pick-and-pop possibilities (say it three times fast).

This is a fun move. Have we ever had a No. 12?

Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

But what does Lute think?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Merkin wrote:

Comanche is going to be stuck on the bench as much or more than Victor was this year. He is a huge project and especially if we get Rabb he is not going to play.
Dave

Post by Dave »

If we lose our starting five, we would have three open scholarships. One goes to a big for sure. What do you think Miller does with the remaining scholarships?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Comanche is going to be stuck on the bench as much or more than Victor was this year. He is a huge project and especially if we get Rabb he is not going to play.
If we don't get Rabb, Comanche will be our only bench post player...so he'd get lots of playing time.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dave wrote:If we lose our starting five, we would have three open scholarships. One goes to a big for sure. What do you think Miller does with the remaining scholarships?
Rabb
Swanigan
Transfer
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Merkin wrote:

If we don't get Rabb, Comanche will be our only bench post player...so he'd get lots of playing time.
Why would Comanche be better than Anderson and Ristic?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

When did I say that? Just said that if he is the only bench player, he'd get a lot of time

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Why would Comanche be better than Anderson and Ristic?
He's not, that's why 'Hater said "bench". Although Smith might be able to play the 4 when the Cats go small.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:If we don't get Rabb, Comanche will be our only bench post player...so he'd get lots of playing time.
Damn you Victor
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Yeah... don't sleep on Ryan Anderson. He was the bet player on the BC team before he transferred. He can create his own shot but is even better in various screen plays and taking advantage of bad defensive switches. He is going to be very good for us, especially with PJC's ability to facilitate and distribute.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Not sure why so many are convinced Tarc is gone. He is projected as a second-rounder, hardly a reason to leave, particularly when his stock will likely go up with another year of development and the possibility of being more of an offensive focal point.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

midnightx wrote:Not sure why so many are convinced Tarc is gone.
Because 97Cats said so.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Merkin wrote:
midnightx wrote:Not sure why so many are convinced Tarc is gone.
Because 97Cats said so.
Oh, didn't see that. Good point.

Any chance at Swanigan? Aren't we still on his list?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Swanigan = zero chance
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Don't need Swanigan. Just need Rabb.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Another high character player. Can't wait to see him next year.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

AZCatGirl wrote:Another high character player. Can't wait to see him next year.
I see chance becoming one hell of a stretch 4/5 a couple years down the road
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I could see Zeus waffling when it comes to actual projections and seeing how potentially important he could be to the offense next year. He will certainly, if he returns, get more opportunities. I know he says he is going now, but all we ever know is what someone is thinking right now...and unlike the others, Zeus has something to gain by returning. I understand it is very likely he leaves, but there will be legitimate reasons to reconsider and go through the grind again with real potential positives, where Bash, Stanley and/or Rondae staying would be silly.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Main Event wrote:
I have never seen that kid play but i get the feeling he is very similar to a young Channing Frye.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

EVCat wrote:I could see Zeus waffling when it comes to actual projections and seeing how potentially important he could be to the offense next year. He will certainly, if he returns, get more opportunities. I know he says he is going now, but all we ever know is what someone is thinking right now...and unlike the others, Zeus has something to gain by returning. I understand it is very likely he leaves, but there will be legitimate reasons to reconsider and go through the grind again with real potential positives, where Bash, Stanley and/or Rondae staying would be silly.
The three mock drafts I just looked at have Tarc undrafted in two and late 2nd in one. Ashley is mid/late 2nd in two and undrafted in a third. Rondae is late first to early 2nd in all while Stanley is the unanimous #5 pick to Orlando to join Gordon.

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I think the mock drafts are dipping into their drug supplies if they think Rondae is slipping to round 2. I think Brandon is showing health and playing himself into a late 1. Stanley is a lock...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Main Event wrote:
Once he gains some weight in our weight rooms...keep think he'll be a very solid 3 or so year player for us. Starter probably in 2016/17 when Anderson and rabb are gone.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

DraftExpress (the only one that matters) hasn't been updated since the 15th and has Rondae 23rd.

If anything, RHJ is moving himself into towards the lottery, not dropping.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sounds like Kadeem has been pretty impressive in practice. http://www.arizonawildcats.com/mediaPor ... m_id=30700
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

6'10" 185? Somebody needs to start feeding that kid. Seems like a good kid though.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

AZ pursuing 6'11" Charlotte transfer:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... ike-thorne
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dmjcat wrote:AZ pursuing 6'11" Charlotte transfer:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... ike-thorne
Not really.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?