Pitts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Pitts

Post by CalStateTempe »

Pitts ain't no saint, but lotta projection out of Harvey.

Taylor swift writes better more successful "revenge songs"
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

His daughter was raped. I am guessing those of you with daughters might not act so rational if you are God forbid put into a similar situation

I can forgive Mason...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:His daughter was raped. I am guessing those of you with daughters might not act so rational if you are God forbid put into a similar situation

I can forgive Mason...

Oh, I'm on his side. I was criticized at Scout for defending his claims (aside from Miller and Byrnes who had hands tied by process).

My issue is, your daughter was a victim of a gender-based sex crime.

Why are you writing song about mental/emotional manipulative sex for a gender-based sex/abuser in Chris Brown? That's a weird collaboration. And not one I as someone sensitive to his view is happy of.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

God forbid I am ever in this situation. Waht a terrible thing for a father to have to go through and for any woman to suffer.

I just wouldn't go writing songs about it, let alone for a known batterer.

I'd also take it out on the asshole perp who abused by daughter.

What JMJ said.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:His daughter was raped. I am guessing those of you with daughters might not act so rational if you are God forbid put into a similar situation

I can forgive Mason...
Pitts wasn't charged with rape.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

ASUHATER! wrote:

I can forgive Mason...
That doesn't mean shit.

It simply means the evidence against him either will not be allowed in a court of law, or that it's of the variety that is subjective. Hard to prove rape. Almost impossible. Especially when impaired.

Short of her screaming No, and multiple witnesses, evidence beyond is always subjective and he/she said variety, even physical evidence, where claims can be made of consent or preference.

University didn't need to meet same burden.

And they found something occurred that shouldn't.

And if anything that shouldn't have occurred sexually occurred, that's sexual misconduct, and add intoxication to it, and consent can't legally be given if impaired, that's rape.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

I'm not so sure JMJ. You probably are privy to much more info. But I don't have all the facts of what actually happened between the two on the date in question. So far, I don't see it based on "evidence" and reports I've seen so far.
:?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

We will never know if it was rape or not, but it was against the ABOR rules, and therefore Pitts had to go.

As a parent of a 23 year old daughter too, I would be very upset if I saw Pitts grinning and yucking it up end of the bench while Trey had to stay home.

“Consent” in the context of sexual activity means informed and freely
given words or actions that indicate a willingness to participate in
mutually agreed upon sexual activity.

Consent may not be inferred from: 1) silence, passivity or lack of
resistance, 2) a current or previous dating or sexual relationship, 3)
acceptance or provision of gifts, meals, drinks, or other items or 4)
previous consent to sexual activity.

Consent may be withdrawn during sexual activity. Consent to one
form of consensual sexual activity does not imply consent to any other
form of sexual activity.

Consent may not be obtained through physical force, violence, duress,
intimidation, coercion, or an express or implied threat of injury.

Consent may never be given by a person who is: incapacitated (by
drugs, alcohol or otherwise), unconscious, asleep, or otherwise
physically or mentally unable to make informed, rational judgments.

The use of alcohol or drugs does not diminish one’s responsibility to
obtain consent and does not excuse conduct that violates this Student
Code of Conduct.

Both admit alcohol was involved, and even the campus police said she was pretty drunk.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

HiCat wrote:I'm not so sure JMJ. You probably are privy to much more info. But I don't have all the facts of what actually happened between the two on the date in question. So far, I don't see it based on "evidence" and reports I've seen so far.
:?
Rape is such a loaded word, courts have seen fit to break up the inherent crimes into categories.

My post was about letter of the idea. Spirit of intent.

If someone can't give proper consent and you move forward from advances to sexual activity, or if it starts consentual but at any point the other voices objections and you move forward with the declined sexual activity, to me, as someone who has two friends as victims of these (one an actual date rape with lost consciousness, the other a conceding go a manipulatively aggressive - and physically aggressive boyfriend), to me, if it crosses the lines and violations occur, we shouldn't soften the blow. It's a form of rape.

That was my point. Maybe she was screaming no while he pinned her down in a dark alley, but if that's the standard, that doesn't help a lot of women.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:

I can forgive Mason...
Oh well... I guess that clears that up.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

"My post was about letter of the idea. Spirit of intent."

Thanks. Got it. I got the wrong impression. (not knowing the above)
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Ex-Wildcat Pitts reportedly transferring to junior college

Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star Updated 5 hrs ago

Former Wildcat wing Elliott Pitts is headed to his hometown junior college, Diablo Valley College, and will redshirt next season, according to Verbal Commits.

Pitts played only in UA's first seven games last season, then sat out for another 18 for an unexplained reason before leaving the Wildcats completely in mid-February. He was later found to have been suspended after a university finding of sexual misconduct (though he did not face criminal charges).

Pitts has only one year of college eligibility remaining, since he played as a junior last season, unless he successfully appeals to get his junior year back. He may find another Division I opportunity next spring for the 2017-18 season.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... d0eff.html" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

he successfully appeals to get his junior year back

Just guessing, but if I was a betting man I would say 0% chance.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Going to junior college after 3 years at Arizona is a punishment I wouldn't wish on anyone, unless that anyone committed sexual assault.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

HiCat wrote:Ex-Wildcat Pitts reportedly transferring to junior college
Transferring?

That's funny.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Apparently no Div I school would give him a 2 year scholie for 1 year of playing with his "record". Stay clean for a year in JC then try to get a 1 year scholie back in Div I. Maybe a school like Baskersfield or Fresno.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

The kid's f....ked. Going to regret many decisons going forward.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

"The January ruling by the UA bans Pitts from the state university system for one academic year."

http://tucson.com/news/local/education/ ... 9b30b.html
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

yeah, his basketball career is pretty much done. no way is he getting his junior year back, and grad xfr may not be a viable option. even usf didn't roll the dice on him, so who knows if any program will give him the opportunity/
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Several ways he could have been caught up, 1) He really is a predator; 2) He is the guy who knows it is easier to score by hanging around over served women; or 3) He is the common college kid who is around alcohol and women who are consuming, and like most college students, he is coming into his own sexually. #1 is inexcusable. #2 Is rather slimy IMO, but excluding those who slip roofies and go out of their way to pressure women into drinking or purposefully over serving them, we all know people who go to the bars and the clubs looking to score. #3 is attributed to normal college behavior. Sad thing is, #2 and #3 can both make you look like #1 and get you prosecuted as a #1. I don't know which of those three he is and it is really none of my business. Just shows how one bad decision (easy to make when you are under the influence) can change everything.

I wrote a research paper on alcohol and sex and consent as an upperclassman in college and it opened my eyes. I always centered my weekends/nights around being places where there were women, or I always made sure women were invited to whatever it was we were doing. Obviously, things happen from there, it's college. While I wasn't "creepy" like a few of my teammates, I have no doubts I was put in the tail chaser category. After I wrote that paper, I refused to have sex with any girl who had been drinking. It just wasn't worth it to me. I stuck to flirting/getting numbers/setting myself up for fun on another day without alcohol, but I stopped short of going home with the girl. Yeah, I probably missed out on some fun nights, but is it worth the risk? I say no. Thing is, you are still figuring things out at that age, and most college kids are not going to be writing the research paper I had to write. Yeah, they hand out those fliers in school and do some education, but until you really dive into the material and process it, you don't fully grasp the magnitude and how easy it is to get caught up. My father didn't have to deal with that, different times, so I was never taught. I will preach the hell out of that to my boys when they are old enough.