Former Cats in the NBA

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RichardCranium

Re: Former Cats in the NBA

Post by RichardCranium »

UAEebs86 wrote:Will Bynum too
Yeah but where's Foggy?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

His daughter is wearing an ASSU sweatshirt too. Child abuse...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Chicat wrote:His daughter is wearing an ASSU sweatshirt too. Child abuse...
If the jet is wearing an asu shirt...

I don't even know.

Sometimes you have to let your kids make bad decisions but that doesn't mean you follow them off the bridge.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Looks 'shopped to me.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RichardCranium wrote:Looks 'shopped to me.
Through the whole video? Interesting take...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Awesome dad.

When you’re that much Wildcat, you can sport an ASU insignia.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Iggy to the Grizzlies
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

84Cat wrote:Iggy to the Grizzlies
The warriors dynasty is over.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It would be like the Showtime Lakers trading Michael Cooper to the Kansas City Kings.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:Iggy to the Grizzlies
He'll probably get bought out. The Warriors had to dump salary for D'Lo and the Griz are in complete rebuilding mode.

He'd be a nice add for a team like the Lakers, Celts or Sixers, in the market for vets to push them over the top.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:

Now who would have ever figured that TJ is a better NBA 3 point shooter than Johnson and Bayless?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It's not the NBA, but Will Bynum just embarassed someone in the Big 3.

https://youtu.be/wCZwQZKDwWo" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Solomon Hill to the Grizzlies

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

TJ is finally free from that insane Twitter account person.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Allonzo and Kadeem starting right now with Jud Buechler as the Knicks Summer league HC.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

KillerKlown wrote:Allonzo and Kadeem starting right now with Jud Buechler as the Knicks Summer league HC.
Allonzo didn't let an earthquake deter him from going to the hole. Which is a very Allonzo thing to do.

And hopefully everyone is ok with the earthquake. God bless.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:Allonzo and Kadeem starting right now with Jud Buechler as the Knicks Summer league HC.
Allonzo didn't let an earthquake deter him from going to the hole. Which is a very Allonzo thing to do.

And hopefully everyone is ok with the earthquake. God bless.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stanley to the Raptors.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Is it weird to trade a player and then retire their jersey like GSW did to Iggy?

Like being canned from your job and then be the employee of the month. "Yay we can make payroll thanks to John who left last week"

But I don't know much. Probably why I'm not a GM.
-Norlander.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Is it weird to trade a player and then retire their jersey like GSW did to Iggy?

Like being canned from your job and then be the employee of the month. "Yay we can make payroll thanks to John who left last week"

But I don't know much. Probably why I'm not a GM.
It's a bummer that they needed to trade Dre but it's a very endearing gesture that they immediately announced his jersey retirement.

I think it's pretty wild that GSW is retiring jerseys from dudes who played for them for only three or four years, but on the flip side players get moved more often these days and it certainly was the most impactful four years of the franchises history - so why not.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If anyone doesn’t remember who Royce White is, he’s the guy who got drafted in the first round but then wouldn’t fly on airplanes or show up to anything due to what he claimed was a mental illness.

Royce goes on to call Channing a House Negro again in subsequent tweets. I guess that mental illness has gone untreated...
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Dude is desperate for attention. Calling a black dude a race traitor is some shit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Had no idea what that meant:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 0it%201000" target="_blank

keep it 1000

In 2008 people in general would say they keep it 100% meaning they were fully being real honest or truthful,when they weren't. Slate Stone, inspired by hip-hop declared to keep it 1000 to separate the real from the fake. Keep it one thousand. This term originated in West Texas on KSTQ Hot 104.3
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Pure public relations....

The alleged victim did not participate in the NBA investigation, and none of the other 20 interviewees were even identified. Her lawsuit continues, and depositions are still underway....

The NBA is sweeping this under the rug before the pre-season begins, and hoping that nothing bad comes out. The appropriate thing would have been for the NBA to wait until the legal proceeding were concluded....

I hope he is cleared, but this "investigation" has nothing whatsoever to do with that....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Just means the Kings don't need to find a new head coach right now.
-Norlander.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

pc in NM wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

The alleged victim did not participate in the NBA investigation, and none of the other 20 interviewees were even identified. Her lawsuit continues, and depositions are still underway....

The NBA is sweeping this under the rug before the pre-season begins, and hoping that nothing bad comes out. The appropriate thing would have been for the NBA to wait until the legal proceeding were concluded....

I hope he is cleared, but this "investigation" has nothing whatsoever to do with that....
The above seems unfair to the Kings and the NBA.

The accuser has a civil case going against Walton, which is why she wouldn't participate with the NBA's investigation (she won't want to answer questions in the Kings/NBA investigation which might impact her case). She's in the right for her choice there.

The Kings and the NBA are in the right for their choice here as well. There's no clear basis (like video evidence or a collection of witnesses) to establish who is telling the truth here. Given that lack of evidence, it's unreasonable to conclude that the Kings and the NBA should hold out Walton.

The above assertion that the NBA is seeking to sweep this under the rug seems misguided. They've done what they can and there's history to suggest that evidence of guilt would have led to a punishment for Walton et al. Last year the Mavericks paid a $10m fine in the form of a donation to women's charities due to findings of workplace misconduct and an environment of gender bias fostered by their former president and CEO.

In any case - the accuser here, within her rights, declined to cooperate in the workplace investigation into Walton. Given that non-compliance and a lack of available evidence, including what we can assume was a lack of corroborating testimony or internal emails from those within the NBA and Spectrum Sports, the NBA and Kings were right to close the books on this. The accuser isn't silenced here - she's simply seeking remedy through civil litigation while declining to add to Walton's workplace investigation.

I'd describe this investigation as exculpatory for Walton while still leaving the possibility that the accuser has held any cards (including potential evidence, witnesses, and testimony) close to the vest in order to best succeed in her monetary claim against Walton and his employers.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

YoDeFoe wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

The above seems unfair to the Kings and the NBA.

The accuser has a civil case going against Walton, which is why she wouldn't participate with the NBA's investigation (she won't want to answer questions in the Kings/NBA investigation which might impact her case). She's in the right for her choice there.

The Kings and the NBA are in the right for their choice here as well. There's no clear basis (like video evidence or a collection of witnesses) to establish who is telling the truth here. Given that lack of evidence, it's unreasonable to conclude that the Kings and the NBA should hold out Walton.

The above assertion that the NBA is seeking to sweep this under the rug seems misguided. They've done what they can and there's history to suggest that evidence of guilt would have led to a punishment for Walton et al. Last year the Mavericks paid a $10m fine in the form of a donation to women's charities due to findings of workplace misconduct and an environment of gender bias fostered by their former president and CEO.

In any case - the accuser here, within her rights, declined to cooperate in the workplace investigation into Walton. Given that non-compliance and a lack of available evidence, including what we can assume was a lack of corroborating testimony or internal emails from those within the NBA and Spectrum Sports, the NBA and Kings were right to close the books on this. The accuser isn't silenced here - she's simply seeking remedy through civil litigation while declining to add to Walton's workplace investigation.

I'd describe this investigation as exculpatory for Walton while still leaving the possibility that the accuser has held any cards (including potential evidence, witnesses, and testimony) close to the vest in order to best succeed in her monetary claim against Walton and his employers.
IMNSHO. neither the team nor the NBA had to come to a conclusion - there is no reason to suspend or otherwise discipline him, as, by all rights, the case is still unresolved. And, they could have said just that....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

The NBA and the teams had an obligation to perform an investigation into allegations of harassment / assault in the workplace. By all accounts they conducted that investigation promptly and to the best of their ability. Leaving the case "open" would have been a dereliction of duty to the accuser, accused, and organization. The investigators have noted that if new information came to light, they would consider it. Best they can do.

You can imagine how ridiculous and unfair your suggestion would be if they found a mountain of credible evidence against Walton. Statement by the NBA, August 2021: "We had a preponderance of evidence indicating Walton's guilt, but we didn't say anything and let him coach the past two seasons because we wanted to wait until the conclusion of civil litigation."
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I was trying to figure out why Lauri was in Tucson instead of China. It took me forever to find out that Finland hadn't qualified for the World Cup.

Is there any interest in the World Cup in the States?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

RichardCranium wrote:I was trying to figure out why Lauri was in Tucson instead of China. It took me forever to find out that Finland hadn't qualified for the World Cup.

Is there any interest in the World Cup in the States?
No interest sadly and the qualifying process is stupid af
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

YoDeFoe wrote:
No interest sadly and the qualifying process is stupid af
And the USA sent a lousy team.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

This side step discussing the World Cup is off topic, but Australia is now favorite for the Gold.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Ashley moving to the New Zealand Breakers instead... I like this move for him, as he'll be playing alongside future first rounder RJ Hampton and should received plenty of scouting attention as a result. Hopefully he gets minutes and performs well. Probably his best shot at a real contract.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... daace.html" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Where’s tj these days?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Where’s tj these days?
Indy

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ntj01.html" target="_blank
Last edited by 84Cat on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

CalStateTempe wrote:Where’s tj these days?
Picked up by the Pacers, making $7m over two years. Fighting for back-up PG minutes with Aaron Holiday (behind starter Malcolm Brogdon). Should be a good / competitive team.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NBA/201 ... 562202551/" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kobi Simmons is on a Two-Way contract and will be spending the majority of the season in the G-League with the Greensboro Swarm.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

azgreg wrote:
I made an NBA2K roster with all these guys, replacing the Phoenix Suns as the Arizona Wildcats (playing in McKale North). Fun project but the team is super heavy on forwards and limited in ball handling and outside shooting (story of the past 10 years for Arizona).
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Amazingly, Lauri was 1-7 from three.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:Amazingly, Lauri was 1-7 from three.

And Take note recruits, this is what Miller harped to him all year. That he could be impactful inside and driving the basketball. That and the weight training. This is why you come to Arizona kids
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion