Stanley Johnson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

rgdeuce

Re: Stanley Johnson

Post by rgdeuce »

Stanley is a MAN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And Lebron is a b-tch, which we already knew.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-win ... 19257.html" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I dunno...I think it is a bad look.

I get the mental warfare, but you aren't going to get inside LeBron's ego and do s**t. He is just making himself look like a short minute rookie who talks before he backs it up.

Let the world call you "The LeBron Stopper." Don't engage with this guy in the press...you can't win. I think it is a miscalculation, and doesn't seem to be his style overall. I am all about getting up in LeBron on the court both physically and with the words, if he thinks he can back them up. But the court of public opinion is pretty down on people anointing themselves before any real success. He's not a "bad guy" type...it doesn't wear well with him. Just let the world do the talking...we are seeing it.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

EVCat wrote:I dunno...I think it is a bad look.

I get the mental warfare, but you aren't going to get inside LeBron's ego and do s**t. He is just making himself look like a short minute rookie who talks before he backs it up.

Let the world call you "The LeBron Stopper." Don't engage with this guy in the press...you can't win. I think it is a miscalculation, and doesn't seem to be his style overall. I am all about getting up in LeBron on the court both physically and with the words, if he thinks he can back them up. But the court of public opinion is pretty down on people anointing themselves before any real success. He's not a "bad guy" type...it doesn't wear well with him. Just let the world do the talking...we are seeing it.
I wish he'd been The Sam Dekker Stopper instead.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Love this quote!

"Johnson was asked if he was afraid of how James would respond to his words and was even more defiant.

"Why would I be?" Johnson responded, incredulously. "He laces his shoes up the same way I lace my shoes up. He has to come out there and compete and make his shots. He doesn't come prepared, that's the NBA – anybody and everybody can get busted any night. From the last guy on the bench to the first guy out. He's going to have to strap his shoes in every night tight because I'm going to strap my shoes in every night tight. I'm going to play hard and compete every night as much as I can. Like I said before, he's a great player. I never took that away from him, I never said anything about that. I just said I'm going to compete every night and give my hardest effort every night and live with it. He makes shots like he did and plays like he did, ain't many people in the league, ever, probably ever, that can match that. So it is what it is, he had a great game and move on."
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The media did a horrible job reporting the whole interview. Small bits and pieces going after LeBron but far more giving him praise
"I could care less if I'm in his head or in his mind or anything like that," Johnson said. "I'm just trying to play basketball. It's up to him how he wants to react to whatever he does. I think I'm in a good place. He had a great night. He's had a couple great nights. He made a couple tough-ass shots.

"He hit two 3's, which is not, like, his norm. He hit a tough-ass turnaround on me, and he played really physical. I battled physical. He didn't get any paint touches. He made a bunch of tough shots. So he's going to have to go 40 minutes and make those same tough shots every game for them to do what they did tonight."

According to ESPN Stats & Information, James has scored 15 points on 7-for-9 shooting against Johnson as his primary defender in the series. James was 6-for-6 against Johnson for 13 points on Wednesday.

Johnson was asked about a moment in the first quarter Wednesday night, when it appeared he and James bumped each other. Johnson felt that James initiated the contact.

"I don't know what y'all take from that," Johnson said. "I don't take anything from it. But a cheap-ass shot, a cheap-ass bump. I don't know."

"He jabbers," Johnson said of James. "He moves his mouth sometimes. Their whole team does, kind of like their little cheerleaders on the bench. Every time you walk in the right corner. They're always saying something like they're playing basketball, like they're actually in the game. There's only seven or eight players who play. I don't see why the other players are talking. They might as well just be in the stands, in my opinion."

Johnson thought that the timing of James' words could be better.

"I wish he would just talk when [the game] is 0-0, not when he's up 16," Johnson said. "I think that's more -- that means something. That means you're confident in yourself. You believe what you're about to do. Don't talk after you made a couple shots. Anybody can do that."

Asked why Johnson wasn't scared of James, as many other players would be in his situation, especially in the playoffs, Johnson responded with a question of his own.

"Why would I be?" Johnson said.

When told he had never been on the playoff stage and that there weren't many players like James, Johnson wasn't fazed.

"He laces his shoes up the same way I lace my shoes up," he said. "He has to come out there and compete and make his shots. He doesn't come prepared. That's the NBA. Anybody and everybody can get busted any night. From the last guy on the bench to the first guy out. He's going to have to strap his shoes in every night tight because I'm going to strap my shoes in every night tight.

"I'm going to play hard and compete every night as much as I can. Like I said before, he's a great player. I never took that away from him. I never said anything about that. I just said I'm going to compete every night and give my hardest effort every night and live with it. He makes shots like he did tonight and plays like he did tonight, ain't many people in the league, ever, probably ever, that can match that. So it is what it is. He had a great game, and move on."
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I think after you play 22 minutes in a loss and are -20 in +/- that you should just shut up.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Tonight should be interesting. Spotlight on Stanley for sure
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Puerco wrote:I think after you play 22 minutes in a loss and are -20 in +/- that you should just shut up.
Yeah but basically the same rationale has never stopped you from posting. Ironic.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:
Puerco wrote:I think after you play 22 minutes in a loss and are -20 in +/- that you should just shut up.
Yeah but basically the same rationale has never stopped you from posting. Ironic.
I'm tired of being your fetish, ODogg. Go away and quit stalking my posts.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

A1RZONA wrote:Love this quote!

"Johnson was asked if he was afraid of how James would respond to his words and was even more defiant.

"Why would I be?" Johnson responded, incredulously. "He laces his shoes up the same way I lace my shoes up. He has to come out there and compete and make his shots. He doesn't come prepared, that's the NBA – anybody and everybody can get busted any night. From the last guy on the bench to the first guy out. He's going to have to strap his shoes in every night tight because I'm going to strap my shoes in every night tight. I'm going to play hard and compete every night as much as I can. Like I said before, he's a great player. I never took that away from him, I never said anything about that. I just said I'm going to compete every night and give my hardest effort every night and live with it. He makes shots like he did and plays like he did, ain't many people in the league, ever, probably ever, that can match that. So it is what it is, he had a great game and move on."

Stanley's got some stones mas grande for sure.

Lessons learned. A 19 yr old kid figuring things out. 8-)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15290 ... es-remarks" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

'

Lol. Theres only two, MAYBE three teams in the league who are capable of silencing Lebron and his crew of flunkies, and none of them are in the east. With maybe one exception, thats been his whole career once the Big 3 in Boston were falling from their primes. Having 19 year old rookies and just about everyone else call you and your teammates out for bitchassness is not a good look. Dont recall Jordan, Magic, Bird, whoever get called out like that after years of success, yet its always happening with Lebron. A young kid who should be in awe and idolizing you lifting your skirt up. Lebrons a sensitive teenage girl. It isnt hate, it isnt envy, they know they arent built to win this series, but if you make the diva work his ass off, get in his head and show there is no backdown in you, thats still somewhat of a victory to me. Lebron is lebron and hes going to get his, but hes mentally fragile. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt because of his sheer talent. Stanley did get in his head and has the balls to get in his grill, plenty of video evidence of that.

Think its a real good look for Stanley. Puts the league on notice that he isnt a chump and will go hard at anyone. I want guys like that on my team.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

rgdeuce wrote:'

Lol. Theres only two, MAYBE three teams in the league who are capable of silencing Lebron and his crew of flunkies, and none of them are in the east. With maybe one exception, thats been his whole career once the Big 3 in Boston were falling from their primes. Having 19 year old rookies and just about everyone else call you and your teammates out for bitchassness is not a good look. Dont recall Jordan, Magic, Bird, whoever get called out like that after years of success, yet its always happening with Lebron. A young kid who should be in awe and idolizing you lifting your skirt up. Lebrons a sensitive teenage girl. It isnt hate, it isnt envy, they know they arent built to win this series, but if you make the diva work his ass off, get in his head and show there is no backdown in you, thats still somewhat of a victory to me. Lebron is lebron and hes going to get his, but hes mentally fragile. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt because of his sheer talent. Stanley did get in his head and has the balls to get in his grill, plenty of video evidence of that.

Think its a real good look for Stanley. Puts the league on notice that he isnt a chump and will go hard at anyone. I want guys like that on my team.
I think Stanley's coach disagrees with you.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Deep down inside, Ron Jeremy likes it.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

He actually supports Stanley a lot. SJ seems like he's in a really good place with Van Gundy and the team. I'd like to see him rebound a bit more and shoot the three a little less, but he's done some really good work this year and his coach obviously has his back.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Get rid of Reggie Jackson and get a real PG and the Pistons are in a good place.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catinfl wrote:Get rid of Reggie Jackson and get a real PG and the Pistons are in a good place.
Brandon Jenn...oh wait, never mind.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I just see LeBron as a guy with a lot of interests outside of basketball, which makes him vulnerable to complacency. He isn't MJ and Bird and Magic in that way.

So why wake him up? He is clearly the most skilled player in the NBA. Let him coast, and maybe knock him out when he is not paying attention...
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://clutchpoints.com/stanley-johnson ... ork-ethic/" target="_blank

Stanley Johnson disagrees with Stan Van Gundy’s comments on his work ethic

Posted By: Josh CoynePosted date: December 05, 2016

Detroit Pistons forward Stanley Johnson has seen a significant decrease in playing time this year and it seems that it may be down to his relationship with head coach Stan Van Gundy.

Van Gundy recently said that the 20-year-old’s lack of minutes is due to his inconsistent work ethic. Strong words from the always candid coach.

It seems that Johnson strongly disagrees, as per Detroit Free Press:

“There’s no issue with my work ethic,” he said. And with that, Johnson walked off the Philips Arena floor.

Van Gundy has previously labelled Johnson as “difficult to coach” and during last year’s NBA playoffs, he made some ill-advised decisions, such as calling out LeBron James.

Johnson is a very gifted player with a lot of potential, but in order for it to work with Van Gundy, he will have to do his talking on the court.
Work ethic :lol: Come on Stan VG, figure it out before you're gone
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725 ... nship-game" target="_blank

Pistons' Stanley Johnson Scores 86 Points in OVO Bounce Championship Game

Still no video...
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Waived by the Chicago Bulls today. Rosetta Stone may be of use in his future.