2018-2019 Arizona Basketball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: 2018-2019 Arizona Basketball

Post by Beachcat97 »

Anyone have thoughts on Colorado? Sorta ready to get back to following this team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Anyone have thoughts on Colorado? Sorta ready to get back to following this team.
How can anyone think of the next game when we haven’t yet made the Final Four this season?!?!?!?!?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:Anyone have thoughts on Colorado? Sorta ready to get back to following this team.
Expecting a blowout. Will bet Arizona big if the spread is anything short of 15
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

[/quote]

You cannot compare the expectations and potential of a mid major and a team that is in the second tier of all of college basketball.

Why dont we as Arizona just put ourself in a post season ban for a while since no one cares about final fours and get it done with for this FBI investigation.[/quote]

I don't know why you just don't ignore Arizona basketball until the first week of April. If Arizona is playing on Saturday in the final four, then you'll be happy. Obviously, by your methodology and measure of success, nothing else matters. So why on earth do you pay attention to the games during the regular season? Or at least put off paying attention until AFTER the Pac 12 tournament, you know, when the only games that matter to you begin.

It's been a joy to watch your mental gymnastic performance. Now you've painted yourself into a corner of which there's no escape. So just admit your argument is flawed and you were wrong and the rest of us can go about our lives without pointing out how stupid you are.[/quote]

Saying Final Fours are import does not discount anything else I have said. My God you want to vilify someone. I watch every game, jump up and down every game, yell about making free throws every game, go to the game in Tempe every year, go to Vegas every year, go to games in Tucson every year. It is a process to get there to the final four and I enjoy the journey. But you have to break through at some point or bring someone else in.

Coming to Vegas this year? I will buy you a beer and we can talk about the current team and the PAC-12.[/quote]

Vilify? No, just pointing out the obvious that everyone sees in your posts. You have an amazing lack of self awareness. Your argument started that only Final Fours matter and Miller hasn't delivered one so he's on the clock. You're on the record of minimizing Pac 12 Conference regular season and tournament titles. You're on the record saying that it doesn't matter at all what Miller does in the next 3-4 years and that if it doesn't include a Final Four then he needs to go.

And now, by your last post, you've evolved to the point where you live and die with every possession. Make up your mind. It's clear now that you must be a difficult person to watch a game with. If Arizona loses the jump ball at the start and the opposing team gets a dunk -- you're ready to throw in the towel.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
Amazing.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
You cannot compare the expectations and potential of a mid major and a team that is in the second tier of all of college basketball.

Why dont we as Arizona just put ourself in a post season ban for a while since no one cares about final fours and get it done with for this FBI investigation.[/quote]

I don't know why you just don't ignore Arizona basketball until the first week of April. If Arizona is playing on Saturday in the final four, then you'll be happy. Obviously, by your methodology and measure of success, nothing else matters. So why on earth do you pay attention to the games during the regular season? Or at least put off paying attention until AFTER the Pac 12 tournament, you know, when the only games that matter to you begin.

It's been a joy to watch your mental gymnastic performance. Now you've painted yourself into a corner of which there's no escape. So just admit your argument is flawed and you were wrong and the rest of us can go about our lives without pointing out how stupid you are.[/quote]

Saying Final Fours are import does not discount anything else I have said. My God you want to vilify someone. I watch every game, jump up and down every game, yell about making free throws every game, go to the game in Tempe every year, go to Vegas every year, go to games in Tucson every year. It is a process to get there to the final four and I enjoy the journey. But you have to break through at some point or bring someone else in.

Coming to Vegas this year? I will buy you a beer and we can talk about the current team and the PAC-12.[/quote]

Vilify? No, just pointing out the obvious that everyone sees in your posts. You have an amazing lack of self awareness. Your argument started that only Final Fours matter and Miller hasn't delivered one so he's on the clock. You're on the record of minimizing Pac 12 Conference regular season and tournament titles. You're on the record saying that it doesn't matter at all what Miller does in the next 3-4 years and that if it doesn't include a Final Four then he needs to go.

And now, by your last post, you've evolved to the point where you live and die with every possession. Make up your mind. It's clear now that you must be a difficult person to watch a game with. If Arizona loses the jump ball at the start and the opposing team gets a dunk -- you're ready to throw in the towel.[/quote]

What the living hell are you talking about. At Arizona Titles and Final Fours Matter. They matter a hell of a lot more than PAC-12 titles. Duke doesnt give a fuck about ACC titles nor does UNC. Kentucky never brags about all their SEC titles. Michigan State doesnt either about Big Ten titles. if you truly cared you would crown Self the best coach ever.

I watch every game. It is enjoyable to me. I love the team. I donate to the team. But at some point a school the caliber of Arizona needs a final four again. It is pure and simple. The goal isnt to do the best in conference then fuck it go home. The goal is to win the title and make it to the last weekend after you do your best in conference to give yourself the best seed and change in March and April.

I witnessed in person UA being down 20 to UCLA and coming back to win big in McKale. I was also at the Illinois game in 2005. Dont tell me when I give up.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Amazing.
How so. I have said all year that Arizona will be a top team in the conference. I also have said and been one of the only ones here that Arizona makes the tournament this year. So why is it amazing I think my team will beat the shit out of some crappy Colorado team who already lost to Indiana State without Larry Bird, Hawaii and San Diego and barely beat a few other crap teams
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Amazing.
How so. I have said all year that Arizona will be a top team in the conference. I also have said and been one of the only ones here that Arizona makes the tournament this year. So why is it amazing I think my team will beat the shit out of some crappy Colorado team who already lost to Indiana State without Larry Bird, Hawaii and San Diego and barely beat a few other crap teams
You're a contrarian to the last breath.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I haven't watched Colorado yet this year, but I see that every game they've lost has been pretty close. They also have as many wins as any team in the Pac. I don't think we're gonna "beat the shit" out of them.

Our guys should be rested and recovered from minor injuries. Hopefully they've had some good practices the past week.

I'll say AZ by 5.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
Arizona just survived a scare against 3-win UC Davis and needed a late 3 to pull ahead. I hope you don't work in a business handling other peoples' money.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Arizona just survived a scare against 3-win UC Davis and needed a late 3 to pull ahead. I hope you don't work in a business handling other peoples' money.
Actually smart guy I made money on the first half line and only bet the first half line that game. I started my account with $400 and have $125 in open bets and a balance of $660. Also picked 27 of the 40 bowls against the spread correctly.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Amazing.
You're a contrarian to the last breath.
Contrarian??

I would have used the word "Bipolar" :lol: :lol: :lol:
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
So you'll give me the Buffs +14.5 for $100?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I have no idea who this guy is or if he knows what he's talking about:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't see any confirmation outside of PPU/PGU.

If true, might violate HIPAA/FERPA rules.

Trainer Watkins Sr
@TrainerWatkins
Owner of Pro Skills Sports Academy, college placement & overseas professional basketball coach, Trainer to hard working Athletes

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Don't see any confirmation outside of PPU/PGU.

If true, might violate HIPAA/FERPA rules.

Trainer Watkins Sr
@TrainerWatkins
Owner of Pro Skills Sports Academy, college placement & overseas professional basketball coach, Trainer to hard working Athletes

How does this violate HIPAA when injuries are discussed all the time?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote: How does this violate HIPAA when injuries are discussed all the time?
Players can bring it up themselves.

Healthcare providers are required, under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, to protect and keep confidential any personal health information. It also sets limits and conditions on its use and disclosure without patient authorization.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: How does this violate HIPAA when injuries are discussed all the time?
Players can bring it up themselves.

Healthcare providers are required, under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, to protect and keep confidential any personal health information. It also sets limits and conditions on its use and disclosure without patient authorization.
I am just asking for clarity. Every week the players give up their own information on the injury reports in college and pro football? Or is something like a torn acl or seperated shoulder narrow enough for HIPAA? or are HIPPA rights waived when you play sports to the extent they are sports related injuries?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I am assuming you want 1/1. If you want beers sure I will bet you beers UA-14.5, But $100 no. I did not become a decent better making dumb bets. I can get 7/2 odds at -14.5 on a site so I am not doing 1/1 with you for $100.

Beers though you got it
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Honestly, I have completely changed my mind

I can not believe Sean Miller would let Justin Coleman dislocate his shoulder, fire him immediately

Some jackass also almost rear ended me this morning...when I looked at the driver guess who it was...fucking Sean miller
Last edited by Newportcat on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I am assuming you want 1/1. If you want beers sure I will bet you beers UA-14.5, But $100 no. I did not become a decent better making dumb bets. I can get 7/2 odds at -14.5 on a site so I am not doing 1/1 with you for $100.

Beers though you got it
You said you'd bet Arizona BIG on a spread short of 15. I'll give you 7/2 odds on -14.5.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Beers though you got it
You said you'd bet Arizona BIG on a spread short of 15. I'll give you 7/2 odds on -14.5.
I will do $30 with you for 7/2 odds at UA -14.5 even though Coleman is injured
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

so...ignoring the thread derail...no further confirmation on Coleman?

Seems odd one site would break this 12 hours ago with a post from a trainer ( HIPAA issue would seem to only follow if this guy is actively a health care provider for Coleman), yet nothing anywhere else, the Star still showing Coleman as expected starter (actually, their being behind wouldn't surprise me that much), and no other chirping out on the Twittersphere...

Anyone?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Pascoe just tweeted his Scouting Report 4 minutes ago, and has Coleman as probable starter, no mention of injury...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

EVCat wrote:so...ignoring the thread derail...no further confirmation on Coleman?

Seems odd one site would break this 12 hours ago with a post from a trainer ( HIPAA issue would seem to only follow if this guy is actively a health care provider for Coleman), yet nothing anywhere else, the Star still showing Coleman as expected starter (actually, their being behind wouldn't surprise me that much), and no other chirping out on the Twittersphere...

Anyone?
Bob Kemp just reported it on 1060 here in Phoenix. Also get.......
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:
Done.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

With Bol Bol hurt, Quinerly struggling to crack Nova's rotation, Little coming off the bench at UNC for no good reason, and Reef sitting out the season I see it as god's way of correcting the utter bullshit of the universe. If Arizona can't have them then no college program should. In all honesty all those guys should be in an Arizona uniform and thriving instead of the BS they've had to suffer this year.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:Pascoe just tweeted his Scouting Report 4 minutes ago, and has Coleman as probable starter, no mention of injury...
At the very least I'd expect Coleman to miss tonight's game. It's kinda up in the air from there.

IMO an extended absence for Coleman would be very good for this team and more importantly the future I.E. Williams with more PG duties and more PT for DD.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:Pascoe just tweeted his Scouting Report 4 minutes ago, and has Coleman as probable starter, no mention of injury...
At the very least I'd expect Coleman to miss tonight's game. It's kinda up in the air from there.

IMO an extended absence for Coleman would be very good for this team and more importantly the future I.E. Williams with more PG duties and more PT for DD.
UC Davis' point guard had his way with Coleman last time out, which makes me worry about McKinley Wright having a big game. Doutrive might get a little more run if we're down bodies.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Totally agree
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Agreed. Let's see what we have for next year. Not sure there's a whole lot more value in this year other than that at this point, barring a Pac12 tournament improbable victory.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChooCat wrote: Williams with more PG duties
Thought I saw a quote from some pundit stating that BDub has more assists at this point than any freshman since Jason Gardner. Gardner was of course NFOY.

Looks like he has 48 so far with only 20 TO:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... ams-8.html" target="_blank
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Looks like Arizona fans by and large have given up on this year's team and Miller this year
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:Looks like Arizona fans by and large have given up on this year's team and Miller this year
STFU
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

PHXCATS wrote:Looks like Arizona fans by and large have given up on this year's team and Miller this year
I will never give up as an Arizona fan and most Arizona fans I know won't either. I think you're over generalizing and underestimating a very die hard fan base.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Machina is the only good fan. We are all bad fans.

We're just here for the scintillating conversation.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Say what?! No way, bro. I'm with 'em till the final buzzer sounds in March.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:Machina is the only good fan. We are all bad fans.

We're just here for the scintillating conversation.
How can he stand himself?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:
That's what he's saying. BAD FAN! Final buzzer won't sound until April 8th! Off with you now!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
That's what he's saying. BAD FAN! Final buzzer won't sound until April 8th! Off with you now!
My bad :) I meant April. Go Cats!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Done.
Dang blew our load too early. Good win for you. Let me know your venmo or PayPal and I will send you your $30
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Done.
looks like you got some easy money there zonagrad

wasn't exactly "BIG" money though :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Zonagrad- instead of the $30 can you see if he will accept a 1 week ban instead?!!!!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:Zonagrad- instead of the $30 can you see if he will accept a 1 week ban instead?!!!!
You want to bet that on a future game you got it
97cats

Post by 97cats »

lol
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

RiseAndFire wrote:
Newportcat wrote:Sean Miller was delivered an absolute Shit Sandwich in the fall of 2017. One of his main recruiters was arrested by the FBI for taking money from Agents to direct players to them. Something if anyone thinks Miller knew about it, is so dumb it hurts me to think you could have graduated from the same university as me.

What Book did though taking extra cash from shady agents to push kids to them is something Miller had zero clue about and if he did, would have fired Book on the spot. Challenge was, really no way to know Book was doing that. Thats why Miller has not been fired from the U of A after they have spent over $1.7M in legal fees looking into the matter.

Well, you left out Pasternack so that's 2 dirty assistants that Miller had absolutely no friggin idea what the hell they were up to and how they managed to reel in top-5 classes like magic every year. Also he never noticed anything with Book having worked more than 10 years together. Also he had no idea who this guy Dawkins was and why he was at some (closed to the public) practices "like he was on the team". Also Miller inexplicably admits that *JUST ONCE* someone suggested to him to do something shady and he did not do it.

Sound suspicious to me
Newportcat wrote:Then after all this, Miller has to scramble to put a team on the court for this year. Literally field a team. Then does as good as he can but candidly the players are just not that good. It happens.
Every single player on the roster is a 4-star and there are two 5-stars
meanwhile asu is light years ahead with 4-stars and below

Miller either has the worst luck in the entire world or more likely he is a horrible developer of talent and an awful in-game coach whose whole team together is rarely if ever greater than the sum of its parts.
ASU light years ahead...good one!!!! Wow, haven’t laughed that hard in a while
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Zonagrad- instead of the $30 can you see if he will accept a 1 week ban instead?!!!!
I only bet on political midterm elections.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Then dont talk about other peoples bets if you dont have the balls to bet yourself
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Then dont talk about other peoples bets if you dont have the balls to bet yourself
What.... you're calling me chicken? Are you a fucking 5th grader?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I dare you to go swimming in a water treatment facility.