EOCT

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by EOCT »

Alieberman wrote:He is actually flying the plane

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:So lets pretend we're hopeful...

But lets play devils advil could he travel and not play?

I mean maybe they are so shorthanded they need him for practice?

If he is under some kind of NCAA suspension is he allowed to participate in practice or nada?

Being on the plane lends to Miller having something positive close to his chest...
He's not allowed to travel with the team unless the team appeals and the NCAA approves it. Very likely they appealed to have him there for practice purposes since the team is so short handed.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

azcat49 wrote:He is on the plane......but he won't play :)
It's called semantics, fucktards!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ChooChooCat wrote:

If he is under some kind of NCAA suspension is he allowed to participate in practice or nada?

Being on the plane lends to Miller having something positive close to his chest...
He's not allowed to travel with the team unless the team appeals and the NCAA approves it. Very likely they appealed to have him there for practice purposes since the team is so short handed.
Is the final step the NCAA clearing him? How do they give him the green light to travel w/ them so fast yet we're still waiting on them to clear him to play if that's the case?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Is the final step the NCAA clearing him? How do they give him the green light to travel w/ them so fast yet we're still waiting on them to clear him to play if that's the case?
^^^This^^^ Although SBnation or whatever the heck they're called tweeted he was "NOT CLEARED TO PLAY"...

Now I imagine if he has been cleared to travel maybe Miller has appealed as some sort of hardship clause over all the injuries and they are letting him travel but I do not find anything in NCAA rules that prohibit a suspended player from practicing, its actually "competing" where the penalty exists.

So maybe the NCAA has not released him because they really don't have a lot of say in who travels with the team just who competes with them.
(Caveat being rules about how much you can spend as program probably includes travel/lodging/food per team members, but that would not preclude a coach from spending his budget how he see's fit per schedule)

So maybe MILLER cleared him to travel but the NCAA has not cleared him to play...

I dunno...it's a mystery, right up there with "Who killed Cock Robin?"

But "partially cleared" is a bit like "mostly dead"...we need Miracle Max before we storm the castle.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

In sweats and not participating in team shoot around. Oh well
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Because the NCAA isn't in control of the final part of the process. It's totally out of their hands at this point. Their rules State what has to be done next and they're waiting for that to be met before he is finally cleared. It's up to biology at this point and I'll leave it at that.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Because the NCAA isn't in control of the final part of the process. It's totally out of their hands at this point. Their rules State what has to be done next and they're waiting for that to be met before he is finally cleared. It's up to biology at this point and I'll leave it at that.
Surely there must be some Ex-East German Olympics Womens Swim team doctor out there who could....errrrrrr............help us out with this situation? :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

You don't know smack, and if you do then you're a mole for Mckale. Loose lips, sink ships.

Doubt Miller would be down with you leaking this info on a message board.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I thought I heard a littl slip by Billas saying that a lot of the troubles Arizona has right now will be relieved in a couple weeks.

Early on in the game
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

whatisee wrote:I thought I heard a littl slip by Billas saying that a lot of the troubles Arizona has right now will be relieved in a couple weeks.

Early on in the game
I thought I heard "hopefully" but yeah, still seams like a slip unless it was just a completely random remark that I wish to read some hope into.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I heard it more as a hopeful remark that him knowing anything. He then qualified that statement with that Arizona does not have a history of anything but being upfront, that Miller, and Byrne are solid, and that this must be an issue that falls under student protection issues.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

You don't know smack, and if you do then you're a mole for Mckale. Loose lips, sink ships.

Well ummm go fuck yourself? I honestly don't know how to respond to your post outside of that. I mean if the mods want to by all means go ahead and delete my post I guess since I'm an apparent mole for McKale (whatever that means), but the ship is already sinking if you haven't noticed. I'm far from saying anything that's controversial on this topic. It's just simply where we're at.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Main Event wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Pretty much everyone around town knows whats going on, it really isnt a big secret. Choo just knows some of the finer details.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Well, the word biology did jump out at me. I haven't been on the board much lately and was leaning towards academics as the problem based on early posts.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Drink a lot of diuretics.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

DiehardDave37 wrote:Well, the word biology did jump out at me. I haven't been on the board much lately and was leaning towards academics as the problem based on early posts.
Yes but is it Biology like in his human biology (drug test) or biology as in the Department/Bio class needing to be passed? :?:
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

It is not academics unless he is being accused of cheating.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Well I'm not in town so clearly not in the loop. My Tucson friends must be out of the loop as well, cause they don't know squat.

My apologies Choo, frustrating loss, and frustrating that I, we, (in the out of town sense) don't know anything about why he's being held out. (selfish, yes, I admit).

Car accident, PEDs, Inhaler, Academics...that about covers the spectrum right?

"The waiting is the hardest part, everyday is one more start, you take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part."
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Crossing fingers, toes hoping for some good news before the next game! 8-)
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

DiehardDave37 wrote:Well, the word biology did jump out at me. I haven't been on the board much lately and was leaning towards academics as the problem based on early posts.
A trace of Clenbuterol was in Alberto Cantador's body for what is believed to be a good half year, or more. For one, the drug has a long half life. In other words, once the drug gets lodged into ones body "biology" may take its time.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Dosia wrote: Pretty much everyone around town knows whats going on, it really isnt a big secret. Choo just knows some of the finer details.
Just my luck that my Tucson friends are the only ones who don't know. Who wants to be my friend?
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Well I'm not in town so clearly not in the loop. My Tucson friends must be out of the loop as well, cause they don't know squat.

My apologies Choo, frustrating loss, and frustrating that I, we, (in the out of town sense) don't know anything about why he's being held out. (selfish, yes, I admit).

Car accident, PEDs, Inhaler, Academics...that about covers the spectrum right?

"The waiting is the hardest part, everyday is one more start, you take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part."
No worries brother, I feel your pain. Toughest season to stomach in my history as an Arizona fan and we're only 8 games in.

It's funny that that's the entire spectrum surrounding it. Only one of those is accurate though.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

gumby wrote:
Dosia wrote: Pretty much everyone around town knows whats going on, it really isnt a big secret. Choo just knows some of the finer details.
Just my luck that my Tucson friends are the only ones who don't know. Who wants to be my friend?
I'm in Tucson and I can tell you no one knows squat outside of speculation...right now the ONLY thing we have are rumors...and if we did have HARD COLD FACTS someone would be in trouble with both the NCAA and student privacy laws...the OFFICIAL UA release is "NO COMMENT"...anything beyond that is pure guessing, so if someone says they know for a fact anything , unless it's Trier himself or Miller or Greg Byrne it is a rumor.

So no "everyone in Tucson knows whats going on" is a bunch of bullshit...this situation is so tight that even the local media have no real evidence of anything...and ACE is completely full of shit...he pretends to be in the know but so far nothing he has posted has been verified or proven, thats why we started the whole "Zo's Back" thread as a way to mock his nonsense and arrogant make believe player veneer...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hank of sb wrote:
A trace of Clenbuterol was in Alberto Cantador's body for what is believed to be a good half year, or more. For one, the drug has a long half life. In other words, once the drug gets lodged into ones body "biology" may take its time.
If Zo is on as many PED's as a Tour De France winner, there's definitely a problem.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Hank of sb wrote:
This is just pure speculation on my end cause I know nothing of the situation. CST could probably speak more to it than I can as he is a medical professional, but if it was an inhaler, wouldn't it have been Salbutamol/Albuterol? I know Clenbuterol is also a bronchodilator, but is more often used cause it has a strong thermogenic effect. A lot of athletes use it as a "cutting" drug, to help lean up. Like I was saying, I know nothing about the situation, just commenting on the drugs.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
gumby wrote:
I'm in Tucson and I can tell you no one knows squat outside of speculation...right now the ONLY thing we have are rumors...and if we did have HARD COLD FACTS someone would be in trouble with both the NCAA and student privacy laws...the OFFICIAL UA release is "NO COMMENT"...anything beyond that is pure guessing, so if someone says they know for a fact anything , unless it's Trier himself or Miller or Greg Byrne it is a rumor.

So no "everyone in Tucson knows whats going on" is a bunch of bullshit...this situation is so tight that even the local media have no real evidence of anything...and ACE is completely full of shit...he pretends to be in the know but so far nothing he has posted has been verified or proven, thats why we started the whole "Zo's Back" thread as a way to mock his nonsense and arrogant make believe player veneer...
Funny because I have spoken with at least 5 people at my work who have heard the same thing I have and they don't even visit forums. I also have a few friends who have heard the same things but I am guessing they read about it online. My dad's friends wife works in the AD and its pretty common knowledge what he got popped for and has spread all over campus and town over the past 6+ weeks. It really is not a big secret unless the rumor that has spread everywhere is complete BS which I highly doubt.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Dosia wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
gumby wrote:

Funny because I have spoken with at least 5 people at my work who have heard the same thing I have and they don't even visit forums. I also have a few friends who have heard the same things but I am guessing they read about it online. My dad's friends wife works in the AD and its pretty common knowledge what he got popped for and has spread all over campus and town over the past 6+ weeks. It really is not a big secret unless the rumor that has spread everywhere is complete BS which I highly doubt.

What's your point?

No matter what you just posted it is still a rumor and the UA position is still "no comment"...

I'm not suggesting there are not "rumors" all over (and Tucson is not the only place you can hear them) but the fact remains they are just that RUMORS...anyone suggesting they know for sure is either lying or the NCAA.

And down that road just because everyone in your circle hears the same rumor does not mean "it's all over town" unless your circle is roughly 500k people...which like you I highly doubt...
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

The UAs position will likely always be "no comment" even after it is resolved. Ok so it is a very strong rumor which I tend to believe considering the circumstance.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Dosia wrote:The UAs position will likely always be "no comment" even after it is resolved. Ok so it is a very strong rumor which I tend to believe considering the circumstance.
I'm kinda there with you...(if we're talking about the rumor that said BB player totaled his car was given an asthma inhaler by ER that contained banned substance related to PED and subsequently failed test which he then appealed and supposedly won, pending NCAA release...more or less...mostly in the ballpark of this idea...NOTHING along the lines of Pitts/Mason scandal...which of course provided the primer for the rumor mill...er)
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I'm not suggesting there are not "rumors" all over (and Tucson is not the only place you can hear them) but the fact remains they are just that RUMORS...anyone suggesting they know for sure is either lying or the NCAA.
Well, almost everything we know in this world is a "rumor" then. But if, say, your friend says "my brother just got married", do you say "that's just a rumor" or do you say "congrats!"

Yeah...most of what is being talked about is rumor. But there are people who know because they

a) know Trier
b) know someone very close to Trier
c) know someone close to virtually any teammate with a drink or three in them
d) are a former player with a ton of access to the inner circle
e) are close to the family of a former player with a ton of access to the inner circle

and a few more options.

Yeah, unless Trier looks you in the face and says "this is what happened...", you don't have 1st party confirmation. And a LOT of what is out there is telephone game rumor. But to say everything else is just a rumor is just not true. Unless, again, you are the type to say "prove it" to your friend when he says his brother got married.

Most people who care to know are pretty close on the facts. Some have some but not all. Some have the right idea but don't know the particulars. Some have heard all the pieces but have no idea that they are all actually part of the same story...
Last edited by EVCat on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Dosia wrote:The UAs position will likely always be "no comment" even after it is resolved. Ok so it is a very strong rumor which I tend to believe considering the circumstance.
I'm kinda there with you...(if we're talking about the rumor that said BB player totaled his car was given an asthma inhaler by ER that contained banned substance related to PED and subsequently failed test which he then appealed and supposedly won, pending NCAA release...more or less...mostly in the ballpark of this idea...NOTHING along the lines of Pitts/Mason scandal...which of course provided the primer for the rumor mill...er)
Fwiw that rumor is BS.

Maybe the kid did get in a car accident and maybe he used an inhaler, but that is not why we're here today.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bah.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Just wanted to expand on that quote
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gilbertcat wrote: Just wanted to expand on that quote
Truth. Everything else is rumors.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's possible that Trier doesn't even know why he isn't playing. Before you laugh at that thought, remember that time nobody informed you of your eviction and the next thing you knew the lock had changed, all your stuff was gone, and there was that big, sympathetic south Asian family living in your apartment who let you sleep in the tub until that one day several months later when you remembered you lived on the fourth floor, not the third, but because of that confusion you'd stopped paying rent, and now there was another big, sympathetic south Asian family living your actual apartment who let you sleep in the tub?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:It's possible that Trier doesn't even know why he isn't playing. Before you laugh at that thought, remember that time nobody informed you of your eviction and the next thing you knew the lock had changed, all your stuff was gone, and there was that big, sympathetic south Asian family living in your apartment who let you sleep in the tub until that one day several months later when you remembered you lived on the fourth floor, not the third, but because of that confusion you'd stopped paying rent, and now there was another big, sympathetic south Asian family living your actual apartment who let you sleep in the tub?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /94902606/" target="_blank
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Allonzo just snapchatted "Looking forward to getting 2016 the fuck over"

This sounds to me like we won't see him play until after Christmas break...

That's not optimal.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sounds to me like, "Fuck you, 2016." And on that we can all agree.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Longhorned wrote:It's possible that Trier doesn't even know why he isn't playing. Before you laugh at that thought, remember that time nobody informed you of your eviction and the next thing you knew the lock had changed, all your stuff was gone, and there was that big, sympathetic south Asian family living in your apartment who let you sleep in the tub until that one day several months later when you remembered you lived on the fourth floor, not the third, but because of that confusion you'd stopped paying rent, and now there was another big, sympathetic south Asian family living your actual apartment who let you sleep in the tub?
My wife remembers the cardboard fireplace in her living room where the stockings hung and, sure enough, she remembers the same "fireplace" in the subsequent rental. As for me, I don't remember any Asians in our bathtub.

To be honest, my parents would have had a fit if they found Asians in our tub, even sympathetic ones. And, for all I know, one of my parents may have been part Asian.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

This is what I think about the information in these threads:

Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Allonzo just snapchatted "Looking forward to getting 2016 the fuck over"

That's not optimal.

Man, I hope that he comes back to McKale with fire in his eyes. :!:
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

Longhorned wrote:Sounds to me like, "Fuck you, 2016." And on that we can all agree.
https://youtu.be/PQ6WPo-oW5Q
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Allonzo just snapchatted "Looking forward to getting 2016 the fuck over"

That's not optimal.
It sounds to me like 2016 was not much fun for him. I don't know why it would be while suspended. I don't really read much more than that into it.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hank of sb wrote:
My wife remembers the cardboard fireplace in her living room where the stockings hung and, sure enough, she remembers the same "fireplace" in the subsequent rental. As for me, I don't remember any Asians in our bathtub.

To be honest, my parents would have had a fit if they found Asians in our tub, even sympathetic ones. And, for all I know, one of my parents may have been part Asian.
Pretty sure we'll be seeing a Merkin-style Asians-in-the-bathtub post soon. Or at least I hope we do.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

That's not optimal.
It sounds to me like 2016 was not much fun for him. I don't know why it would be while suspended. I don't really read much more than that into it.
I just figured he was a big Florence Henderson fan.
Right where I want to be.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

stalker