The offense just isn't built for March...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

wyo-cat

Re: The offense just isn't built for March...

Post by wyo-cat »

Catstatic wrote:2 possessions from 2 Final Fours in the last 3 years. Someone needs to sit Miller down and teach him about offense! Someone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

Go Cats!!
Yep - Miller hasn't had any success in March.
RickDVD

Post by RickDVD »

The Cats just have to play better offense, or it's going to catch up to them. Stanley's transition from high school to college is not as easy as he thought, but not every freshman is so gifted, either. The other players have made the transition pretty well and some have shown signs of light that there could be a team here after these starters leave. The offense has been great, but with one exception. FREE THROWS. Remember Aaron Gordon? The team has been shooting like that for the last two games. UNDER 50%, is not easy to swallow. Thank God we're blowing the other team out. I know it's early, but you can't miss those free throws in March, either. It makes a person very mad when you lose games on missed free throws. :evil:

I'll always remember the movie Blue Chips, when a 60+ Bob Cousy makes 20 consecutive free throws while talking to Nick Nolte until he asks, "Don't you ever miss?" Most U of A players couldn't make 5 in a row! Fundamentals, gentlemen. Fundamentals. There isn't anyone blocking you as you take the shot? Why can't they bleeping make it!?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Wait, you are comparing a movie you've seen to 2 regular season games you've seen?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Does Bob Cousy have any eligibility left?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Does Nick Nolte?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I've heard reports that when our players shoot in an empty arena with Nick Nolte rebounding for them they shoot like 90%. So they just need to transfer that comfort level over to the games. Maybe a Nolte giant head in the crowd would do the trick.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

As long as it is this one, I'm down:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Anyone know which teams scored the most points today?
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Alieberman wrote:Anyone know which teams scored the most points today?
The Wildcats.

(Villanova also hit 93.) :-)

Have to say, though, that TSU was one of the worst defensive teams I've seen in a while. I can remember at least 3 dribble-drives (including Stanley's baseline tomahawk) where I saw a TSU player that could have helped after his teammate was beat, glance over, take a half-hearted step toward the ball, and then visibly say "eh, f*ck it".

Was like watching Loyola Marymount back in the day.

Or, Oregon this year. ;-)
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It was just tsu but it is obvious that this year's team usually has no problem on offense(until someone throws all kinds of crazy zones or super slow down offense of their own at them). Far superior team offensively than any previous Miller team. Scored 80+ 42 times in his first 5 seasons (just over 8 times a year). We've scored 80+ 16 times this year. Ppg per year under Miller:

09/10 71.9
10/11 76.4
11/12 69(that sidiki, Josiah team was the worst under Miller so far)
12/13 73.4
13/14 72.9
14/15 76.9
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.