Parker Jackson-Cartwright

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Parker Jackson-Cartwright

Post by Merkin »

2 points, 3 assists, 4 TOs in 21 minutes.

Keep him off the floor outside of McKale. I'd rather see Simon out there.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Allens got his job back Saturday
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

rgdeuce wrote:Allens got his job back Saturday

Bingo........PJC was the #1 reason we lost the game tonight (not the Zebras). Two of his TO's led to wide open 3's.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Allens got his job back Saturday

Bingo........PJC was the #1 reason we lost the game tonight (not the Zebras). Two of his TO's led to wide open 3's.
Not hustling for that rebound led to another 3 too.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao at Tollefsen plus 2. Honestly, and yes im mad, I dont give a flying f--ck if it puts us at the biggest disadvantage. I dont want to see this kid play another damn game in an Arizona uniform. Seriously. He does not deserve to wear an Arizona jersey even in the worst of our programs history
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Lmao at Tollefsen plus 2. Honestly, and yes im mad, I dont give a flying f--ck if it puts us at the biggest disadvantage. I dont want to see this kid play another damn game in an Arizona uniform. Seriously. He does not deserve to wear an Arizona jersey even in the worst of our programs history
PJC and Tollefsen just get moved around on D. If they don't make shots, the rest of their games can't carry the weight.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

rgdeuce wrote:Lmao at Tollefsen plus 2. Honestly, and yes im mad, I dont give a flying f--ck if it puts us at the biggest disadvantage. I dont want to see this kid play another damn game in an Arizona uniform. Seriously. He does not deserve to wear an Arizona jersey even in the worst of our programs history
Completely agree with the thought but we really don't have a viable alternative. Simon has been a turnover machine when he is in and still hasn't figured out how to move his feet and play defense. Tolly is the result of 3 underclassman heading to the league coupled with Ray Smith blowing out his knee.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

PJC not the answer. Next year just put Kobi Simmons and another guy you recruit at pg along with Allen. No way you win consistently with PJC outside of McKale.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He gets moved around, hes out of position, he cant keep a man in front of him, he doesnt close out, he doesnt close out with his hands up, he doesnt know how to help, he doesnt properly switch, he cant play through screens, matter fact throw a screen at him and hes in no mans land and he puts his teammates in horrible positions. He doesnt rebound. Hes soft. He has crap hands. Hes scared of contact. His basketball IQ is Corky. He is the worst Arizona defender in my lifetime that I can remember. And all that in spite of his physical gifts. Id be willing to bet his men shoot over 65 pct on the season when he is guarding them. And on his help, guys are probably shooting even better

U just pray he is wide open on the perimeter. I mean wide open because he is so indecisive. And wide open on the right night, since he misses so many wide open threes.

Or pray he is at the foul line, because he never misses those. Or actually uses his brain and goes within ten feet of the basket, because he rarely misses there too. But that too is uncommon, cuz hed rather stand on the perimeter and play hot potato.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

just another game where Cartwright looked like he had no business playing for a program like Arizona.

for as good as he is (lately) one game, he is worse the next
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

97cats wrote:just another game where Cartwright looked like he had no business playing for a program like Arizona.

We just need a house cleaning here. Trim the fat. Tollefsen is gone and thank God. I love York but hes been thrusted into a position that is just a little too big for him. Sucks losing Anderson and Zeus, but theyre out of eligibility too. So some good is going with the bad. I really believed PJC had turned it around, but he clearly is not a road guy and we cant have that here. Pitts, bless whatever he is going through, gone

Bring in all the top guys we can. Same with 17 class. Too many guys wearing Arizona uniforms right now that make me want to slit my effing wrists
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote: Bring in all the top guys we can. Same with 17 class. Too many guys wearing Arizona uniforms right now that make me want to slit my effing wrists
Didn't you say in another thread that we have plenty of talent on this year's team?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Im gonna be nice here because i dont have a problem with you. Go read the other thread dude. Talent and talent that thinks and gives effort produce two different results
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

rgdeuce wrote:
97cats wrote:just another game where Cartwright looked like he had no business playing for a program like Arizona.

We just need a house cleaning here. Trim the fat. Tollefsen is gone and thank God. I love York but hes been thrusted into a position that is just a little too big for him. Sucks losing Anderson and Zeus, but theyre out of eligibility too. So some good is going with the bad. I really believed PJC had turned it around, but he clearly is not a road guy and we cant have that here. Pitts, bless whatever he is going through, gone

Bring in all the top guys we can. Same with 17 class. Too many guys wearing Arizona uniforms right now that make me want to slit my effing wrists
And I am the doucebag here.

Jesus, relax. It was one game on the road where we barely lost. Calm down and get upset if we crap out in the tournament.

Remember 1997 or in 2014 when UCONN lost to Louisville by I think 40 right before the tournament started
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Diehard
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Parker not ready for prime time yet. Not sure what the numbers were, but bad game for him. Might be better coming off the bench for now, improve his confidence and shooting. Mentally he looked like he was
competing, but seemed a little off. Miller will have him running on all cylinders by March. ;)
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Newportcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

And I am the doucebag here.

Jesus, relax. It was one game on the road where we barely lost. Calm down and get upset if we crap out in the tournament.

Remember 1997 or in 2014 when UCONN lost to Louisville by I think 40 right before the tournament started
Every season but a couple don't matter so why are you so upset
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I am not upset at all. I am not the one saying I am going to slit my wrists due to this team when we still can play for a final four. Last night changes nothing given we are still going to make the tourney.

I am surprised guys are not calling out the fan who wants to slit our wrists because our team lost on the road in a tough environment after making the tourney has alread all been secured.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao. Lmfao. Lol.

You're the voice of reason in here now? You know, some people watch every minute of every game, not just the postseason. My post was not a panic. When you watch the same things all year (eg defensive issues, lack of effort, mental lapses), over and over, and you understand the magnitude of every game, especially this late with a conference title up for grabs and seeding at stake, and actually CARE (and not just come the big dance), yes, that will drive you mad. I guess I should have used a less dramatic way to express frustration? Punch myself in the face? Jump off a bridge? Gouge out my eyes?

By your logic, Miller shouldnt be throwing his jacket when we leave a shooter wide open in the corner, or give his epic meltdown face when guys dont run back on D... Because its not March, and it will be better by then. And I hope you dont have kids and use this logic. Dont sweat the little things, right? Theyll be fine come age 18 :lol:
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

rgdeuce wrote:Lmao. Lmfao. Lol.

You're the voice of reason in here now? You know, some people watch every minute of every game, not just the postseason. My post was not a panic. When you watch the same things all year (eg defensive issues, lack of effort, mental lapses), over and over, and you understand the magnitude of every game, especially this late with a conference title up for grabs and seeding at stake, and actually CARE (and not just come the big dance), yes, that will drive you mad. I guess I should have used a less dramatic way to express frustration? Punch myself in the face? Jump off a bridge? Gouge out my eyes?

By your logic, Miller shouldnt be throwing his jacket when we leave a shooter wide open in the corner, or give his epic meltdown face when guys dont run back on D... Because its not March, and it will be better by then. And I hope you dont have kids and use this logic. Dont sweat the little things, right? Theyll be fine come age 18 :lol:
Miller should be, he is the head coach getting paid millions of dollars a year to coach these kids. He needs to motivate them to prepare them to be ready for the War that is the NCAA tournament. The team needs to be prepared for those tough games. Games like last night are good. Win or Lose good to get tested like that.

Me, I am a fan, I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to be a fan of Arizona. I get enjoyment from seeing if our team can make a final four and then win a national championship, things that mean something and you get remembered by. We can still win a National Championship this year, last nights game does not change that. None of these players make me want to slit my wrists because maybe they show up get hot and lead us to a Final Four.

Think about 1997, while we would have all been celebrating a National Championship you would have been dead from having slit your wrists on our team given their frustrating regular season.

I will definitely NOT be taking any parenting advice from the fans on this bored. If I did, my daughter would be getting a participation trophy every morning for just waking up. I will be teaching my daughter and hopefully future kids to focus on the big picture and not get wrapped up in moments that play little impact on their future. Again using your logic you would have been dead before seeing our program's greatest accomplishment. If my kids turn out half as good as me they will be very successful.

To get back on topic PJC is just too small in my opinion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jesus dude. Find a dictionary, scroll to the "L" definitions and look up the word "literal."
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

rgdeuce wrote:Jesus dude. Find a dictionary, scroll to the "L" definitions and look up the word "literal."

die–hard
adjective |\ˈdī-ˌhärd\
strongly or fanatically determined or devoted <die–hard fans>;
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
97cats

Post by 97cats »

god fucking awful once again
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:god fucking awful once again
I'm curious, 97. Were you skeptical of PJC when we were recruiting him? Or has he just fallen short of your expectations?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i did a podcast for another outlet prior to the season beginning where I laid out my opinion, feelings and expectations of PJC (they weren't popular) coming into the season and my assessments at the time, and opinion now, are still exactly the same.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

If PJC is apparently ill/dying with dysentery (and playing awful to boot) why the hell do we keep sticking him out there? Let KA run the damn point!

You can't fault PJC on this trip if he was ill, that is on CSM for sticking him out there over and over with horrible results consistently
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure if he was really ill or not. Maybe Rado, but most flu bugs are 24 hours. Allen's excepted of course.

Didn't really have all that high of hopes for PJC after last year, had some pretty good glimpses of maybe being another Nic Wise (which is a pretty low bar) but his complete failure to put up a decent game away from McKale this year offensively just does not make him Arizona good.

I imagine next year he'll be 3rd team instead of second. Not a good way to spend your upper class years moving further down the bench.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

One things for certain, on games like these, there will be plenty of guys to throw in there so he can have a seat. I get guys who have bad home/road splits, but this bad?
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Merkin wrote:Not sure if he was really ill or not. Maybe Rado, but most flu bugs are 24 hours. Allen's excepted of course.

Didn't really have all that high of hopes for PJC after last year, had some pretty good glimpses of maybe being another Nic Wise (which is a pretty low bar) but his complete failure to put up a decent game away from McKale this year offensively just does not make him Arizona good.

I imagine next year he'll be 3rd team instead of second. Not a good way to spend your upper class years moving further down the bench.
The flu hitting ppl in Tucson lasts 2+ weeks. Took me 3 weeks to get back to 100%.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah Arizona currently has a flu pandemic going around. Highest flu rate in the country. Half of people at work the last 3 weeks have missed time.

FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Yeah Arizona currently has a flu pandemic going around. Highest flu rate in the country. Half of people at work the last 3 weeks have missed time.
Missed 1/2 day on Monday. Although the worst part was over in under 2 days. It could have been the flu, had a fever and the chills for one day. But it wasn't all that severe.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Newportcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Lmao. Lmfao. Lol.

Miller should be, he is the head coach getting paid millions of dollars a year to coach these kids. He needs to motivate them to prepare them to be ready for the War that is the NCAA tournament. The team needs to be prepared for those tough games. Games like last night are good. Win or Lose good to get tested like that.

Me, I am a fan, I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to be a fan of Arizona. I get enjoyment from seeing if our team can make a final four and then win a national championship, things that mean something and you get remembered by. We can still win a National Championship this year, last nights game does not change that. None of these players make me want to slit my wrists because maybe they show up get hot and lead us to a Final Four.

Think about 1997, while we would have all been celebrating a National Championship you would have been dead from having slit your wrists on our team given their frustrating regular season.

I will definitely NOT be taking any parenting advice from the fans on this bored. If I did, my daughter would be getting a participation trophy every morning for just waking up. I will be teaching my daughter and hopefully future kids to focus on the big picture and not get wrapped up in moments that play little impact on their future. Again using your logic you would have been dead before seeing our program's greatest accomplishment. If my kids turn out half as good as me they will be very successful.

To get back on topic PJC is just too small in my opinion[/quote]

Your bottom line is the bottom line (imo). Would be different if he was super quick and fast, or he shot the lights out and had TJ's assist mentality. Too many highly skilled taller/ stronger point guards playing today.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Sorry HiCat, but now way, now how, is this team capable of winning a NC or even FF IMHO.....and I'm about as big a Homer as there is ;-).

Our lack of talent in the Backcourt and SF is severe and some of the kids don't seem to be mentally tough enough either.....honestly, I'd be shocked as shit if we make it past the Sweet 16 and / or win the P12 Tourney.

Hate to say it and would love nothing better than to be proven wrong.

Bear Down.

P.S. Totally agree on PJC though....too small and not talented/consistent enough to be a starter for us.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Sorry HiCat, but now way, now how, is this team capable of winning a NC or even FF IMHO.....and I'm about as big a Homer as there is ;-).

Our lack of talent in the Backcourt and SF is severe and some of the kids don't seem to be mentally tough enough either.....honestly, I'd be shocked as shit if we make it past the Sweet 16 and / or win the P12 Tourney.

Bear Down.

P.S. Totally agree on PJC though....too small and not talented/consistent enough to be a starter for us.
He was quoting me Bangkok. I sincerely doubt we make a Final Four but stranger things have happened before. Beauty of the tournament as a team like us who has issues, can still have a memorable season and make a Final Four. Look at Michigan State last year or UCONN in 2014. Those guys lost to Louisville by almost 40 right before the tournament.

Again, I doubt we make a Final Four but at this point we still have a shot
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Newportcat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Sorry HiCat, but now way, now how, is this team capable of winning a NC or even FF IMHO.....and I'm about as big a Homer as there is ;-).

Bear Down.

He was quoting me Bangkok. I sincerely doubt we make a Final Four but stranger things have happened before. Beauty of the tournament as a team like us who has issues, can still have a memorable season and make a Final Four. Look at Michigan State last year or UCONN in 2014. Those guys lost to Louisville by almost 40 right before the tournament.

Again, I doubt we make a Final Four but at this point we still have a shot
Thanks NewportCat....'So, you are saying there is a chance!' , lol....that Dumb and Dumber line never gets old ;-).

Yeah, of course there is a chance but IMHO, extremely small one....bummer. Of course I would love to be wrong and eat crow on this :-).

Honestly, I'm just hoping we don't embarass ourselves at this point and thus maybe affect recruiting negatively. (i.e. lose to CAL or Furd at home, or flame out early in either tourney, or get stomped by an inferior team). It's been that kind of year for us on the road.

Again, we will live and die by the York IMO......and right now he's in a slump.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

god effin awful
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:god effin awful
Looks worlds better to me. His dribble against the press was key last night, and he's playing with a lot of confidence.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i thought he was the worst player on the floor for either team last night -- by a lot.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

5 ast, 2 to. isn't TJ but he has seemed serviceable enough to me and definitely improved.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Good morning. If it is a good morning, which I doubt.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

97cats wrote:i thought he was the worst player on the floor for either team last night -- by a lot.
I'm gonna go with Cruz. Or any Wildcat on the floor during that 17-0 run (not PJC).

Better than the opposing pg, 3 pts, 1 assist.
Right where I want to be.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

did PJC do something to 97cats?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:i thought he was the worst player on the floor for either team last night -- by a lot.
I must have been watching a different player.

Not a surprise. I only get the games in Standard Definition. Hard to tell who's who.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:

Not a surprise. I only get the games in Standard Definition. Hard to tell who's who.
PJC is the small one.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:

PJC is the small one.
I think he prefers "vertically challenged".

But in all seriousness he played a ton of minutes, did a good job of playing defense with 4 fouls, initiated the offense after dribbling through the press. Maybe it's the prejudice of low expectations, but I thought he did well.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I thought PJC did just fine, outside of the first 4 minutes.

He'll do fine against the Sisters of Mercy too on Friday and the directional schools when they come to town.

Gonzaga will be a test, since they will be the Cats first real competition outside of MSU, and will not be at McKale.

But Kadeem will be back to help.
az91

Post by az91 »

I don't understand the continued PJC hatred. He was more than competent last night and looked improved over last year. If he fouled out last night, that game would likely have ended in a loss.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

az91 wrote:I don't understand the continued PJC hatred.
Just spit-ballin' here, but it may have to do with his camp's objections to the program bringing in other PGs who would have played in front of PJC. So all of his negative attributes may be sharply evident, especially in comparison to other players we could have had if Miller hadn't capitulated.

Is my amateur psychoanalysis at least lukewarm?