Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by dmjcat »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Still never getting more than a scholarship reduction. Maybe 2, Maybe 1, wouldn't doubt none.
I wouldn't bet on that. The NCAA is going to have tapes and transcripts of Book talking about paying a recruit......and also stating that a current player at the UA has been paid. Thats likely all that the NCAA Enforcement Committee is going to need to throw the "Book" at us. (Pun intended)
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:Still never getting more than a scholarship reduction. Maybe 2, Maybe 1, wouldn't doubt none.
I wouldn't bet on that. The NCAA is going to have tapes and transcripts of Book talking about paying a recruit......and also stating that a current player at the UA has been paid. Thats likely all that the NCAA Enforcement Committee is going to need to throw the "Book" at us. (Pun intended)
Where preytell is the NCAA going to get these tapes from exactly? You're assuming the FBI will hand over these tapes when that's far from a guarantee.

The NCAA is already doing their own investigation into this and in regards to Arizona there hasn't been shit yet.

FWIW Arizona is telling every one they expect zero sanctions from this ultimately.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ChooChoo is right. The NCAA has no legal authority whatsoever, no warrants, no subpoenas, no criminal convictions, not a thing that can get from the FBI.

All sanctions are voluntary if you want to be in the NCAA.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Where preytell is the NCAA going to get these tapes from exactly? You're assuming the FBI will hand over these tapes when that's far from a guarantee.
The important points are already publicly known......we all know who University 4 is........and Books trial will be quite public
The NCAA is already doing their own investigation into this and in regards to Arizona there hasn't been shit yet.
The NCAA was told not to pursue anything until the FBI was done
FWIW Arizona is telling every one they expect zero sanctions from this ultimately.
What do you expect they are going to say??? Have you ever dealt with lawyers??? :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
The important points are already publicly known......we all know who University 4 is........and Books trial will be quite public
What do you expect they are going to say??? Have you ever dealt with lawyers??? :lol:
So?

If the NCAA clears Jahvon Quinerly as expected what grounds do they have to hammer Arizona without anything, but Book's trial to go off of? What do you think is on these tapes that would implicate anybody not named Book Richardson at this point?

The FBI doesn't control the NCAA. I know for a fact they've been investigating. I like my sources info better than I like your bullshitting skills dmj.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Two things

Arizona is only getting a slap on the wrist from NCAA as they fired Book so cut out the known cancer quickly. I also don’t trust ncaa to do much of anything anymore

In the court of public opinion, the sanctions are going to be really tough and brutal in my opinion and last a couple years

I care more about the second sanctions more. Fuck the NCAA, I care about the elite recruits and what they think. And right now I don’t think it’s good
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
1976er

Post by 1976er »

For what it’s worth ... my friends in the NYC US Attorney’s office seem to think the Richardson case will eventually be resolved with a “plea deal” long before the 2019 court date. If you recall, the Augustine case was thrown out after he claimed he intended to keep the money offered to him. The underlying reason he is in the clear is because he did have some information to offer vis-a-vis the other unresolved cases. Putting it simply, he has become a snitch. Though a bit different, Richardson’s representatives are trying to paint the same picture, but Richardson at this point has little to offer in the form of additional information. So basically, it’s a game of “cat and mouse” right now. USJD hoping more information is out there before a plea deal is cemented (a good bet, probation and monetary fine). The Department just doesn’t have as much information as they have led the general public to believe. Some in the Department are growing weary of the entire NCAA investigation ..... the thought being, this could go on for at least another year and a half.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

You just have to remember the three Ds.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

The ncaa penalizes when universities gain an athletic advantage. UofA did not get any advantage so I doubt Az gets hit by the ncaa. Although the shitty media coverage has done the hard hitting damage for the ncaa.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
So?

If the NCAA clears Jahvon Quinerly as expected what grounds do they have to hammer Arizona without anything, but Book's trial to go off of? What do you think is on these tapes that would implicate anybody not named Book Richardson at this point?

The FBI doesn't control the NCAA. I know for a fact they've been investigating. I like my sources info better than I like your bullshitting skills dmj.
Bingo. The only true NCAA violation in the complaint is Quinerly, and he looks in the clear. Without that, there's Book trying to get money for...he says it's for Quinerly. Then a statement another Arizona player on this year's roster was taken care of. That's it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Oh. Hi Enfuego. Take a seat next to us.

https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/status/ ... 75872?s=19" target="_blank
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Shit's getting real.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us ... el-company" target="_blank

Robert S. Khuzami, the Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. § 515, announced the filing of a Superseding Indictment against defendants JAMES GATTO, a/k/a “Jim,” MERL CODE, and CHRISTIAN DAWKINS in United States v. Gatto, 17 Cr. 686 (LAK).  The Superseding Indictment (“the Indictment”) expands the scope of the charged wire fraud conspiracy to include alleged payments to the families of six student-athletes in connection with those players’ decisions to attend four different NCAA Division I Universities – the University of Louisville, the University of Miami, the University of Kansas, and North Carolina State University – all of which were sponsored by the same major athletic apparel company (“Company-1”).[1]
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:Oh. Hi Enfuego. Take a seat next to us.

Damn, you beat me by like 30 seconds. Here comes the adidas hammer, and thankfully it doesn't involve us for once.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Karma is a MF'ing bitch enflamo.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Guess I will post this anyway, for those who like easy to read twitter feeds like me.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Dawkins & Code also

Last edited by NYCat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

this just in, ESPN reporting nothing
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Oh. Hi Enfuego. Take a seat next to us.

Not enough detail to know if Kansas is really in any trouble. Its one thing to have an agent paying players and their families........its quite another to have assistant coaches from the schools involved (e.g. Book Richardson).

Personally I think that the schools that have already been identified as having assistants involved with the agents are going to be bent over a barrel and raped..........the schools that don't have any direct involvement will get wrist slapped at best. Right now, it appears that the Kanasas/Duke/MSU's of the world are going to get wrist slapped. The Arizonas/USC's/Louisville/OkSt's of the world are heading for NCAA sanctions hell.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Sclabach!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hmm, wonder why Josh Jackson chose Kansas instead of Arizona?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Sclabach!
**** Schlabach.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us ... el-company" target="_blank

You can read the doc at the bottom of that link in pdf.

NCSU assistant is directly implicated in money to assure Dennis Smith Jr. went there. Kansas's allegations involve multiple lump payments to Jackson's mom to steer him to Kansas.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hmm, wonder why Josh Jackson chose Kansas instead of Arizona?
in all fairness, im not sure the payment from Adidas was much of a factor, had he chosen AZ he woulda received similar if not exact compensation.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Yeah the other two kids are Lonnie Walker and Brian Bowen.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hmm, wonder why Josh Jackson chose Kansas instead of Arizona?
in all fairness, im not sure the payment from Adidas was much of a factor, had he chosen AZ he woulda received similar if not exact compensation.
Reading with the other doc, adidas and UA both directly paid Jackson's mom, adidas to route him to Kansas. I don't doubt there was money in line for Arizona too, but ultimately it does seem like adidas and Kansas prevailed.

How much was money? We'll never really know, but we do know money was there now.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:Yeah the other two kids are Lonnie Walker and Brian Bowen.
3 of the 4 kids named are guys Arizona was close on and lost out on (or didn't pursue with Bowen). Bowen, Walker and Jackson.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
3 of the 4 kids named are guys Arizona was close on and lost out on (or didn't pursue with Bowen). Bowen, Walker and Jackson.
and from my understanding, Walker to AZ was all but done before Miller backed off for reasons ive mentioned in this very thread.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Arizona's job is to recruit the kids to their best of their ability and be their top Nike option. The rest is up to Nike. In Jackson's case I think mama just preferred KU more. In Walker's case Adidas came way over the top on that one. On Bowen it never got to that point since we got Rawle and Zo back.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

And Miami just extended the contract for their coach -- isn't Miami also part of the FBI probe? Did Vitale go nuts on twitter about that?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
People still think Miller didn't know anything?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
and from my understanding, Walker to AZ was all but done before Miller backed off for reasons ive mentioned in this very thread.
I'll defer to my man here on Walker. 150K is way too much for him quite frankly regardless.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Who is the surprise KU commit in November 2017? I can figure out the remaining players, but off to do research there.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I'll defer to my man here on Walker. 150K is way too much for him quite frankly regardless.
i was told in September that Miller backed off both Bowen and Walker in July on purpose - the reasons i know are clear to you and should be to others but Bowen moreso cause Miller didnt think he was any good.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Not me. I believe that's how the game is and it's just a question of who gets caught.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement. Thats the big difference between Kansas and the UA case. I doubt Kansas is in any trouble here unless additional information is uncovered that shows that Self/KU staff were involved.

There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
i was told in September that Miller backed off both Bowen and Walker in July on purpose - the reasons i know are clear to you and should be to others but Bowen moreso cause Miller didnt think he was any good.
Bowen sure as shit wasn't 100K good that's for sure. I'm with what you're putting down brother.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement. Thats the big difference between Kansas and the UA case. I doubt Kansas is in any trouble here unless additional information is uncovered that shows that Self/KU staff were involved.

There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.
We get it. You've been acknowledged. Happy?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement. Thats the big difference between Kansas and the UA case. I doubt Kansas is in any trouble here unless additional information is uncovered that shows that Self/KU staff were involved.

Yeah, I'm sure Kansas had nothing to do with adidas spending well over 100k to route players to Kansas. I'm sure there were no recruits beyond two.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Its pretty obvious you didn't get it as you slobbered all over the page laughing at Enfuego BEFORE actually reading the charges. Kansas is not in 1% of the trouble that the UA is. Perhaps you should try getting your facts straight before posting. Got it??
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Its pretty obvious you didn't get it as you slobbered all over the page laughing at Enfuego BEFORE actually reading the charges. Kansas is not in 1% of the trouble that the UA is. Perhaps you should try getting your facts straight before posting. Got it??
You're so smart. I am so feeble compared to you. My defeat was inevitable. Now go fuck yourself already. Nobody cares Hank Jr.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure Kansas had nothing to do with adidas spending well over 100k to route players to Kansas. I'm sure there were no recruits beyond two.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.

Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

You're so smart. I am so feeble compared to you. My defeat was inevitable. Now go fuck yourself already. Nobody cares Hank Jr.
Yes, it was inevitable..........and you still don't have the guts to actually admit that you were WRONG.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

NYCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Yes, it was inevitable..........and you still don't have the guts to actually admit that you were WRONG.
My God. I jumped the gun, I was wrong. Go away now. Good christ you're worse than any ex girlfriend I've ever had. None of this makes you right in regards to what you foresee in any penalties coming out way.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.
You're correct they aren't the same boats.

Arizona's boat, assistant coach caught on wire asking for money he says is going to recruit. No proof money went to recruit.

Kansas's boat, proof that adidas paid players large cash sums specifically to get them to commit to Kansas. Only circumstantial inference Kansas knew about it.

You see Arizona's boat as worse because you want to see it like that. There are still zero AZ players with eligibility questions and Kansas has one in Preston with two more incoming.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I posted this in the Miller thread. You can't defraud yourself, and that's why it reads like that.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

You're correct they aren't the same boats.

Arizona's boat, assistant coach caught on wire asking for money he says is going to recruit. No proof money went to recruit.

Kansas's boat, proof that adidas paid players large cash sums specifically to get them to commit to Kansas. Only circumstantial inference Kansas knew about it.

You see Arizona's boat as worse because you want to see it like that. There are still zero AZ players with eligibility questions and Kansas has one in Preston with two more incoming.

No Spiff, I see AZ's boat as worse because it IS worse. The UA has a paid agent of the University involved (Book). Nobody at Kansas (according to the FBI document released today) was involved........FACT.

If Miller had rid himself of Book years ago, or at least kept Book out of dealing with agents, the UA would be in a very, very different (and much better) place today.
Last edited by dmjcat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

University of Arizona was a victim per the FBI. University of Kansas was a victim per the FBI. Yep, we're dead to rights, especially after Quinerly is cleared to play at Villanova.
prh

Post by prh »

dmj trying to pass bosy for who wants miller gone the most