Time Outs

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat34

Re: Time Outs

Post by azcat34 »

RockyRaccoon wrote:You're right about Krzyzewski and Duke not being all that successful his first few seasons and here is hoping Miller can figure it out as well as Coach K has.
Hope Miller can figure it out? That is comical. Coach K didn't even make it to the second weekend of the tournament until his 7th season at Duke and Miller has already taken 2 Elite 8's and a Sweet 16 in his first five as well as whatever this current team does.

The guy is a great coach, he's grown up around the game his whole life. Just because he calls timeouts in a different fashion then what you want, doesn't mean he "hasn't figured it out". Please list your basketball qualifications as to why the board should trust your basketball strategy over a coach like Sean Miller?

I also remember Coach K calling a lot of timeouts in the second half of the Sweet 16 game when Miller's inferior team was beating his ass.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby

Post by gumby »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
gumby wrote:Do you have stats on his timeout preservation? Read tons of articles about his 1,000th victory. Not one mentioned this key point.
Like I said, don't be so simplistic friend-o.

WATCH THE GAMES.
Ah, so yo don't know. Figured.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
Coach K is pretty objectively "awesome" at coaching basketball.

Please provide evidence where I said that Coach Miller "sucks".
What is your overall evaluation? You seem to dwell on the negative side and suggest he can't do some pretty basic things.
RockyRaccoon wrote:Once again this fall's on Miller's coaching.

FUCKING FUNDAMENTALS MAN.

Jesus, AAU has really diminished the quality of the game.

RIP

Give us the positives, as you see them.
Right where I want to be.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Machina wrote:Bob Kemp has been talking about how Miller is using too many time outs early on and it is a cause for why U of A is not scoring late in games when they need a bucket.

Completely agree. The final plays in close games have left a lot to be desired. Saving a TO or two would allow for better plays in those situations.
Bump, who is Bob Kemp by the way?

PS - why don't these threads start after bone-crushing wins?
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Bosy Billups wrote:
Machina wrote:Bob Kemp has been talking about how Miller is using too many time outs early on and it is a cause for why U of A is not scoring late in games when they need a bucket.

Completely agree. The final plays in close games have left a lot to be desired. Saving a TO or two would allow for better plays in those situations.
Bump, who is Bob Kemp by the way?

PS - why don't these threads start after bone-crushing wins?
Despite purportedly being a UofA grad, the most unlistenable cave troll on the radio.

http://www.bobkempbottomline.com/Bio-Page.html

Not sure how he or that station are still on the air, frankly.