Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Frybry02

Re: The Wooden Legacy...

Post by Frybry02 »

Not a good weekend for Providence... first LBSU and now a loss to Charleston
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Anyone complaining that we didn’t blow out Pepperdine and Penn should be subjected to binge watching the Cats play in the Battle for Atlantis a couple of years ago.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Chicat wrote:Anyone complaining that we didn’t blow out Pepperdine and Penn should be subjected to binge watching the Cats play in the Battle for Atlantis a couple of years ago.
This.

What the hell is it with the Cats and these holiday tournaments?

No one notices that Duke never plays in them...there's a reason.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Chicat wrote:Anyone complaining that we didn’t blow out Pepperdine and Penn should be subjected to binge watching the Cats play in the Battle for Atlantis a couple of years ago.
This.

Under Lute, it was too often that last home game before Christmas...

... shyte happens in the pre-season!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
This.

Duke is doing the Atlantis thing next year.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Anyone else think we are going to put a big hurt on Wake Forest because I do
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azcat49 wrote:Anyone else think we are going to put a big hurt on Wake Forest because I do
I think it will be tight in the first half, but in the second half we'll turn them over a bit and score in transition to jump out to a comfortable double digit lead. We'll be so comfortable that we'll defend more with our eyebrows than our legs, resulting in multiple open three-pointers swishing in deep in the shot clock. Miller will call time-out and convince his team to defend, but thus warmed up, one former three-star recruit nobody has ever heard of will start nailing every tightly contested heave from distance imaginable.

We'll continue to score in the paint and mid-range floaters every time down the floor, but that fact that Wake Forest scores three points to our two on every exchange will inevitably lead an excited announcer to exclaim, "We're down to a one-possession game!" On Wake Forrest's final mid-court hail mary, Arizona fans in living rooms across American will mutter something about Jamelle Horne, but there will be no foul and we'll walk off the court "lucky for the win." Wake Forrest will finish with 13 three-pointers, but they'll have needed just that 14th.

That's how I see it going down.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Anyone else think we are going to put a big hurt on Wake Forest because I do
I think it will be tight in the first half, but in the second half we'll turn them over a bit and score in transition to jump out to a comfortable double digit lead. We'll be so comfortable that we'll defend more with our eyebrows than our legs, resulting in multiple open three-pointers swishing in deep in the shot clock. Miller will call time-out and convince his team to defend, but thus warmed up, one former three-star recruit nobody has ever heard of will start nailing every tightly contested heave from distance imaginable.

We'll continue to score in the paint and mid-range floaters every time down the floor, but that fact that Wake Forest scores three points to our two on every exchange will inevitably lead an excited announcer to exclaim, "We're down to a one-possession game!" On Wake Forrest's final mid-court hail mary, Arizona fans in living rooms across American will mutter something about Jamelle Horne, but there will be no foul and we'll walk off the court "lucky for the win." Wake Forrest will finish with 13 three-pointers, but they'll have needed just that 14th.

That's how I see it going down.
So just like every other game at this awful tournament? Awesome, sign me up.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I want to put this whole tournament behind us, get a week of practice in, and return to playing good basketball in actual arenas.