Tarczewski

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KaibabKat

Re: Tarczewski

Post by KaibabKat »

rgdeuce wrote: York should have the same number of wins as zeus though, no? Same class.
York has only played in 90 games. Kaleb 109.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

so wins only count if you play? That is silly logic. As long as you are on the roster u would think they count.

Korcheck: "we won tonight dad"
Dad: "good job son"
Third party: "sorry bro, YOU didn't win tonight, u didnt play"
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Amazing how Zeus has an opportunity to cement his place in the program's history next season. All time winningest player?! Seriously?? That is just a ridiculous distinction, as much a tribute to Miller as to KT.

And while our "talent level," on the surface, looks a little down next season, it's still a really nice looking roster that is seemingly pretty deep: Zeus, York, PJC, Anderson, Tollefsen, Trier, Pitts, Simon, Smith, Ristic, Allen, Comanche.

This group can certainly win another Pac title.

Let's get that 3-peat!
gumby

Post by gumby »

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... muehlebach

This says Zeus is 24 games shy of winningest. Matt Muehlebach has the most.
Right where I want to be.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

rgdeuce wrote:so wins only count if you play? That is silly logic. As long as you are on the roster u would think they count.

The tragedy of Korcheck is if he was on the roster from 2007-2012 he'd be a 10-15 minute a game rotation player
az91

Post by az91 »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:so wins only count if you play? That is silly logic. As long as you are on the roster u would think they count.

The tragedy of Korcheck is if he was on the roster from 2007-2012 he'd be a 10-15 minute a game rotation player
No doubt. If he wanted to play, he should have stayed at UTEP.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

It makes sense from an individual stat perspective. I don't think they count DNP's toward a players scoring average, right?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

rgdeuce wrote:Glad to have him back.

York should have the same number of wins as zeus though, no? Same class.
York didn't play in all the games Zeus did his freshman year.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

So, Zeus is staying. Seemed pretty obvious he needs some more time to build up some skills like ball handling and posting for rebounding. Just when it seemed he was finally learning how to grab a quick pass and put it in, late in the season he reverted back to fumbling several opportunities for a quick basket.

Not that I profess to be a bb expert, but looks like we can use his maturity and skills as Dusan seems still way too green (sorta like a frosh Kaleb). I have no idea if Chance will be taking time away from either; but am looking forward to seeing him play.

I like Pascoe's summary in the Star listing all the player/positions. Gives me a good perspective of what the team is going to look like next year.

http://tucson.com/r/sports/college/wild ... 89641.html
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

let's get this kid some mochi implants for his hands during the offseason
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAtrue wrote:So, Zeus is staying. Seemed pretty obvious he needs some more time to build up some skills like ball handling and posting for rebounding. Just when it seemed he was finally learning how to grab a quick pass and put it in, late in the season he reverted back to fumbling several opportunities for a quick basket.

Not that I profess to be a bb expert, but looks like we can use his maturity and skills as Dusan seems still way too green (sorta like a frosh Kaleb). I have no idea if Chance will be taking time away from either; but am looking forward to seeing him play.

I like Pascoe's summary in the Star listing all the player/positions. Gives me a good perspective of what the team is going to look like next year.

http://tucson.com/r/sports/college/wild ... 89641.html
Not to be a downer, but I tend to think hands are a skill a player has or lacks naturally, and learning is only a small aspect. Guys with reputations for good and bad hands rarely improve or decline much.

I think Ristic is really close. Offensively, he's already close to there. Defensively, learning rotations, help and how to play with his feet is really the last piece to the puzzle. He sat against Wisky because he couldn't have handled a guy like Kaminsky, but he has a really developed offensive game. Adding lower body strength to establish and keep position is all he needs to polish. He can score with both hands.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

It will definitely be interesting to see how the minutes are split between Zues and Ristic... Obviously Zues will start, but will Miller ever use two centers at the same time? Personally, I wouldn't. It's not like you have two floor spacing centers out there... You have two more finess type players. Anyway, it will be one of many interesting things to watch during the preseason...
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Hobbes wrote:It will definitely be interesting to see how the minutes are split between Zues and Ristic... Obviously Zues will start, but will Miller ever use two centers at the same time? Personally, I wouldn't. It's not like you have two floor spacing centers out there... You have two more finess type players. Anyway, it will be one of many interesting things to watch during the preseason...
i'm assuming dusan will have to learn to play the 4 next year as well as master the 5. if RA and/or zeus get into foul trouble -- and they will both get into foul trouble, don't give the officiating too much credit here -- ristic (and toll) will have to be able to step in at either position.

get ready for zeus & deuce in '15-16.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hobbes wrote:It will definitely be interesting to see how the minutes are split between Zues and Ristic... Obviously Zues will start, but will Miller ever use two centers at the same time? Personally, I wouldn't. It's not like you have two floor spacing centers out there... You have two more finess type players. Anyway, it will be one of many interesting things to watch during the preseason...
Depends on the team we face. Ristic and Zeus can both shoot well enough to play at the elbow and short corner to create spacing, but either would be in trouble vs a stretch 4 on D. Against a power 4, the length in the lane would work well.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Depends on the team we face. Ristic and Zeus can both shoot well enough to play at the elbow and short corner to create spacing, but either would be in trouble vs a stretch 4 on D. Against a power 4, the length in the lane would work well.
My thoughts exactly. It will be interesting to see how the rotation shapes up...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Good for Tarc

That article is very poorly written
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Thanks for posting that up.
“A lot of guys would have left two years ago, certainly this past year, that are in the same place as him,” Arizona coach Sean Miller says. “The point is, it’s not as if he hasn’t matured or developed. It’s just, he’s more responsible when he thinks about leaving, and wants to be the most ready he can be.”
... than Grant Jerrett.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

great frickin article -- i love Tarc
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Good stuff. Thanks 3g.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Big year
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I think this could be a sneaky good year, like 2011. Not because the talent is the same...we really don't have that clear superstar like D Will. I just see a team with a lot of parts, some that waited their turn and looked capable when in (PJC), some, like Dusan, who showed a chance to be superstars on one side of the court and have an offseason to become passible on the other, some newcomers that have proven themselves as elite players on their previous stages (ANderson, Allen), and a couple of seniors who have had ups and downs, but seemed to be much more steady down the stretch last year with more "aha" moments than expected (York/Zeus). A young class that mostly will be fill in good with one potential super explosive shooter/scorer in Trier. Good mix of experience adn youth, the known is really solid, the dreaded "upside" comes from some pretty highly thought of stars that could be much better than expectations (Trier, Anderson).

We are nowhere near the top 5 lock of the last two years, but given what we acomplished in teh tournament with those two teams, we have a team here that has the potential to be every big their predecessor's equals. CSM has a chance to really turn some heads with this group

It is a sneaky, versatile group with something special possible.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I agree EV, especially because by elite college bball standards, this is an old team. Tarc, Anderson and York are all seniors and Allen is a junior. Name me one top 15 team that has that kind of experience.

Going to be another great year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

Disagree. The stat speaks to contribution. You can still feel good about victories if you didn't play.You can even feel better than everyone and get some camera time, if you're Pastner.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:You can even feel better than everyone and get some camera time, if you're Pastner.
And your namesake!

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

USA Basketball
USA Basketball – Verified account ‏@usabasketball

#USABmpag Finalist Centers -@tkalebckn and @TheRyanHollins
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Awesome for Zeus. Looking forward to him this year.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Playing on ESPN2 in the PanAm right now
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

He played very, very well. +/- numbers with him on the floor should be out of sight.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

KaibabKat wrote:He played very, very well. +/- numbers with him on the floor should be out of sight.
i love Tarc
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Get a room
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not being used much tonight. USA in a tough semi final vs the home team Canada. Few going smaller while Canada has that big NMST guy Bhullar. USA down 1 with 8 too go
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Cats down 15 to the DR just before the half playing for the Bronze.

Awful team work. Miller did so much better in getting the players together than Few is doing.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Kaleb has had a great Summer. You make the Pan American team -- I think that in of itself -- changes a player. What he’s going to be able to bring to the table as a senior is going to be huge.

It’s one thing to be one of the all-time winningest players or the all-time winningest player in a school’s history. But at a place like Arizona there’s been a number of players in a four-year window that have won a ton of games. To me the thing that separates Kaleb is he’s been in a vital role on each of the four teams. His impact in our program has been significant. He’s in our business school which is the hardest undergraduate program here at Arizona. I think we’re all really supporting him and are hopeful he can have a great year. I think he’ll have his best year at Arizona this year as a senior.

-- Sean Miller
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Really excited for Zeus to break the record.
az91

Post by az91 »

97cats wrote:Kaleb has had a great Summer. You make the Pan American team -- I think that in of itself -- changes a player. What he’s going to be able to bring to the table as a senior is going to be huge.

It’s one thing to be one of the all-time winningest players or the all-time winningest player in a school’s history. But at a place like Arizona there’s been a number of players in a four-year window that have won a ton of games. To me the thing that separates Kaleb is he’s been in a vital role on each of the four teams. His impact in our program has been significant. He’s in our business school which is the hardest undergraduate program here at Arizona. I think we’re all really supporting him and are hopeful he can have a great year. I think he’ll have his best year at Arizona this year as a senior.

-- Sean Miller
Great post, but I have to disagree with one statement: " He’s in our business school which is the hardest undergraduate program here at Arizona." I would be willing to wager that the engineering school is a more difficult undergraduate program at Arizona. Some of the undergraduate classes I attended in the engineering school from 1987-91 had failure rates pushing 50%.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If Zeus is All Pac this year, we win the league again.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

az91 wrote:
97cats wrote:Kaleb has had a great Summer. You make the Pan American team -- I think that in of itself -- changes a player. What he’s going to be able to bring to the table as a senior is going to be huge.

-- Sean Miller
Great post, but I have to disagree with one statement: " He’s in our business school which is the hardest undergraduate program here at Arizona." I would be willing to wager that the engineering school is a more difficult undergraduate program at Arizona. Some of the undergraduate classes I attended in the engineering school from 1987-91 had failure rates pushing 50%.
Hmm... Something's changed. Us science nerds used to laugh about the business school.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Some parts of it are hard, but it's mostly frat bros.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

az91 wrote:

-- Sean Miller
Yea that's funny. I was an EE and I used to tutor Bschool people in math that were a year above. Um, no. My class started with almost 400 people as frosh, and we graduated just over 60.

Tarc gonna be a beast this year, no doubt in my mind. Really hope he developed a chip on his shoulder through this process. All he needs is a mean streak and nothing could stop him.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

ASUHATER! wrote:Some parts of it are hard, but it's mostly frat bros.
That's what she said . . .
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

threenumberones wrote:
az91 wrote:

-- Sean Miller
Yea that's funny. I was an EE and I used to tutor Bschool people in math that were a year above. Um, no. My class started with almost 400 people as frosh, and we graduated just over 60.

Tarc gonna be a beast this year, no doubt in my mind. Really hope he developed a chip on his shoulder through this process. All he needs is a mean streak and nothing could stop him.
Or two hands that can hold on to a ball, but hey whatever it takes I suppose.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

ChooChooCat wrote:
threenumberones wrote:
az91 wrote:

-- Sean Miller

Or two hands that can hold on to a ball, but hey whatever it takes I suppose.
I think they are very much related.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Someone posted this on FB

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

How about an update on his status? How many weeks away is he?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Last I heard was mid January.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Still in a boot