Sean Miller Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Sean Miller's ceiling

Post by dmjcat »

Just got back to the hotel. Fortunately its not anywhere near the Golden Gate so I can't jump off :lol:

Thoughts:

Sean Miller still has no idea how to attack a zone
Alkins finger negatively impacted his ability to shoot from the outside
Ristic played wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much
Comanche should have played more
Even Simmons should have played more (he sat the whole second half) rather than Ristic
The two bigs lineup we ran wasn't quick enough to contain Xavier...we should have tried small ball
What the hell was Pinder doing in the lineup???
Why didn't we run some plays for Markkenen?
Trier needs to learn the definition of team should he defy expectations and return
Miller needs to evolve as a coach....especially offensively. Thus far he has not shown any indication that he will

I'm going to bed. Good night to the Wildcat Nation. I hope you all sleep better than I will.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Good thoughts dmjcat. If I ever see our offense run that damned perimeter weave up 8-9 points after the final TV timeout, it will be the last.

That non-offense was what Arizona ran in the final 2:30, and it should be renamed the Dance of Death. College basketball's version of the prevent defense. Just completely takes a team out of the game, much less what it needs to do to win.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:Love him, but he is stubborn to a fault.

I just need to realize that this is as far as he can take the Cats, Elite 8 is it after the huge choke this year.
He needs more poetry and less prose. Let the players play.

The sets we run are glorified mid major sets only with elite players. They at taught a system at the expense of creativity. But do what we do, right?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I'm one year from walking away.

I can't take it. I won't deserve the success that may come, but I can't handle this shit any longer. I'm pretty close to writing off sports.

I'm right there.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:At least 3 times I can think of off the top of my head.
The 2 Wisky games and X for 3 years in a row.
I focus on the little things that happen in games that put us on the position to need that last second shot. It's understandable in the early years (see dwill era) but more and more it's walking a tightrope where the slim margin of error leads to needing to take their shots. Better play earlier in the game widens that margin of erro to where those shots arnt even needs on what seems to be a consistent basis.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

threenumberones wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:For as shitty of a game as Miller coached, he didnt blow an 8 point lead w 2:30 left. If you want to blame it on the personnel he had in, Xavier probably had one fucking guy that was more regarded than any of the five we had on the floor, and we had another on the bench who was more regarded than any of them.

For the problems we had w the zone late, remember it wasnt an issue during that run when we seemingly clinched the game w 2:30 left. We were getting stops as well.
That's not how I saw it. We were still chucking it only a few went in. Hero ball paralyzed us for the last 10min at least and Sean did nothing to get us out of that.
Exactly. Also having a timeout to set a play would've been nice. You have to put your players in position to win.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I was encouraged at the 9-2 start.

Still hopeful after 12-8.

Then Xavier tied.

Then went ahead by two in the first half.

By the time it was our two-point lead at the half, I knew I was watching a team trying to do "just enough."

Not playing for high standards, or to be better, or challenging themselves one bit. Just lying fallow. Stagnation. Lack of concentration.

In that sense, I suppose the second half was inevitable and gave some necessary exposure of poor work ethic and mental habits.

But that's become a recurring bad taste to end the season--three years running. Why does it continue when we hear nothing but plaudits about our team chemistry, togetherness, and how Miller is such a players' coach during every regular season?

I mean, I imagine a team of Stanley Johnson, Brandon Ashley, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Nick Johnson, Lauri Markkanen, Allonzo Trier and T.J. McConnell to be one that could beat NBA teams. That's the level of talent Miller's brought into the program.

Yet when they have closed things out lately...no closure. Always incomplete. Looking lost. And no, that doesn't happen with all 63 of the other 64 schools. Most go down fighting, giving it their best shot.

But I see how Arizona has ended its basketball seasons since 2015 and I see three straight second-half crashes. Burnout.

I saw it all over Lauri's face tonight after he was called for his last foul. Why does this happen to such a talent, that he looks overwhelmed, like he has nothing left?

Perhaps Miller would do well to reflect on that as well in the off-season.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I don't think I could do it anymore. Love Miller but it has been highly infuriating since the end of the 2015 team.

Miller doesn't recruit for HIS system. Instead, he makes one and done types talent learn this convoluted system that's hard to grasp. It is for teams with less talent (mid majors and high majors). With this amount of roster turnover it's no surprise that we haven't had a good defense since 2015. BTW, he has only had good defensive teams for two years. During those two years (2014 & 2015) he had talented defenders, several who were NBA caliber. That doesn't even prove that the packline worked but that Sean had great defenders. I think pretty much every team Miller has had besides those two McConnell teams were better off playing in a more wide open offense, because they didn't have the right personnel for the defense/packline.

It's very clear one of the two has to change. The players or the system. If you want to play your system your way, fine recruit for that, guys that are long, athletic, tough, multi year, defensive minded, etc. If Sean wants to keep recruiting with the big boys, adapt and play to the strengths of the team - which almost certainly won't be a slow half court motion offense and the packline.

Because right now we have the worst of both worlds, high talent that isn't playing to it's strengths. Which btw the talent isn't as good as what Duke & Kentucky are pulling in every year, the talent isn't even worth it. Also infuriates me that Miller insists on playing big, this isn't a winning strategy anymore

But I know Sean, he won't change either his recruiting strategy or his system.

I hardly paid attention to the 2015 team because I knew the offense wasn't good enough (similar to the '14 team, but Wisconsin got hot that day), the 2016 team because ugh. The 2017 sucked me in after they beat @UCLA unfortunately, should've stayed away. I already know how this season will end. Gotta go back to being a casual fan, won't mean more when we do reach a F4 anyway. We're going to continue to win pac 12 titles.

Packline is terrible for a team with this amount of roster turnover from recruiting and transfers.
The worst part is the teams are so fucking soft it's unbelievable. Nastiness hasn't been required in a long time.

Elite Eight isn't Sean Miller's ceiling, Miller's actual ceiling is the packline, which I thought would be his cornerstone.

I certainly don't want to get rid of the guy, that's stupid. But which is more likely. Finding a better coach than Sean or Miller adjusting his coaching style on offense/defense to adapt to his personnel?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I encourage you to stay away.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Oh man. I remember this post. I'd say my opinion of Miller has gotten more nuanced since then. The guy has limitations (or a "ceiling," if you will), but all coaches do. Like others, I'd love to see the guy evolve into a more versatile, adaptable coach, rather than beating the "do what we do" drum in the face of adversity.

He's got a once in a generation player in Ayton, an elite (though flawed) wing in Trier, and a deep, talented roster. The defense isn't there yet, and unless that changes, we're going to fall short of the FF again. It is what it is. Let's see what Miller can do with this team and revisit in March.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

A year ago I'd reached the point where I was ready for what's next. Not that I didn't want Miller anymore, but just that it's inevitable that coaches move on, and when that happens, I'd like to see what somebody else could do with this program, which is no longer strictly defined by the Coach Olson past.

Then Miller stopped the clock for Kadeem Allen in Las Vegas against UCLA. Since that moment, I've wanted Miller to stay Arizona's coach forever, and I've sent him my piano, one of my legs, and my wife.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So your the reason Miller is having marital issues :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I imagine Sean Miller has a pretty big house, so his ceiling must be real high.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:I imagine Sean Miller has a pretty big house, so his ceiling must be real high.
True. Your dollar will go pretty far in Tucson. With the kind of coin Miller's making, he must have a damn palace.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

until he is willing to break away from his defensively philosophy and be more adaptable... he is stuck.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Well, he hasn't evolved at all as a coach since he's been here. Elite Eight until he proves otherwise.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Miller came from Xavier comparing Arizona to a Lexus instead of a Buick (Xavier) - good comparison at the time. The problem for us is he took the Lexus and swapped out all the internal parts for Buick parts. Now the Lexus has a hamster wheel under the hood
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

RiseAndFire wrote:Miller came from Xavier comparing Arizona to a Lexus instead of a Buick (Xavier) - good comparison at the time. The problem for us is he took the Lexus and swapped out all the internal parts for Buick parts. Now the Lexus has a hamster wheel under the hood
I think I know what you mean, and I like it.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:Well, he hasn't evolved at all as a coach since he's been here. Elite Eight until he proves otherwise.
Really? Why do people forget he was was in 2 OT in the Elite Eight. That had to do more with luck than anything else. But don't let your negatively get into the way of objectivity.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Catintheheat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:Well, he hasn't evolved at all as a coach since he's been here. Elite Eight until he proves otherwise.
Really? Why do people forget he was was in 2 OT in the Elite Eight. That had to do more with luck than anything else. But don't let your negatively get into the way of objectivity.
Somehow Sean always has the bad luck.....

I get what you are saying but everyone is fine doubting until he finally breaks through
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Catintheheat wrote:
It was 1 OT in '13-'14, no? Miller wants to see more from his players, I want to see more from him. He's the highest paid public employee in the state and one of the best paid coaches in all of college sports. He should be able to take a little criticism from fans who want him to succeed.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I know Machina isn't on this board anymore and can't respond, but nobody forgets his admission that he just doesn't like Sean Miller as a person (even though he doesn't know him personally), and for reasons unrelated to basketball. So if he were here, that would color his opinion of Sean Miller's ceiling.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:I don't think I could do it anymore. Love Miller but it has been highly infuriating since the end of the 2015 team.

Miller doesn't recruit for HIS system. Instead, he makes one and done types talent learn this convoluted system that's hard to grasp. It is for teams with less talent (mid majors and high majors). With this amount of roster turnover it's no surprise that we haven't had a good defense since 2015. BTW, he has only had good defensive teams for two years. During those two years (2014 & 2015) he had talented defenders, several who were NBA caliber. That doesn't even prove that the packline worked but that Sean had great defenders. I think pretty much every team Miller has had besides those two McConnell teams were better off playing in a more wide open offense, because they didn't have the right personnel for the defense/packline.

It's very clear one of the two has to change. The players or the system. If you want to play your system your way, fine recruit for that, guys that are long, athletic, tough, multi year, defensive minded, etc. If Sean wants to keep recruiting with the big boys, adapt and play to the strengths of the team - which almost certainly won't be a slow half court motion offense and the packline.

Because right now we have the worst of both worlds, high talent that isn't playing to it's strengths. Which btw the talent isn't as good as what Duke & Kentucky are pulling in every year, the talent isn't even worth it. Also infuriates me that Miller insists on playing big, this isn't a winning strategy anymore

I hardly paid attention to the 2015 team because I knew the offense wasn't good enough (similar to the '14 team, but Wisconsin got hot that day), the 2016 team because ugh. The 2017 sucked me in after they beat @UCLA unfortunately, should've stayed away. I already know how this season will end. Gotta go back to being a casual fan, won't mean more when we do reach a F4 anyway. We're going to continue to win pac 12 titles.

Packline is terrible for a team with this amount of roster turnover from recruiting and transfers.
The worst part is the teams are so fucking soft it's unbelievable. Nastiness hasn't been required in a long time.

Elite Eight isn't Sean Miller's ceiling, Miller's actual ceiling is the packline, which I thought would be his cornerstone.

I certainly don't want to get rid of the guy, that's stupid. But which is more likely. Finding a better coach than Sean or Miller adjusting his coaching style on offense/defense to adapt to his personnel?
No one's forcing you to be an Arizona fan.

The remainder of your post is filled with a bunch of things that just aren't true. Packline doesn't have any more complex principles than zone or pressure man. Most coaches generally have a style.

The softness thing, guys like Kadeem, Zeus, Rondae, Stanley, TJ and Aaron aren't old news. Also, it's straight up offensive to me that Ray Smith is allegedly soft when he literally played until his body could no longer take it.
prh

Post by prh »

Longhorned wrote:I know Machina isn't on this board anymore and can't respond, but nobody forgets his admission that he just doesn't like Sean Miller as a person (even though he doesn't know him personally), and for reasons unrelated to basketball. So if he were here, that would color his opinion of Sean Miller's ceiling.
He's here with a different name...I'm surprised you didn't know
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

prh wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I know Machina isn't on this board anymore and can't respond, but nobody forgets his admission that he just doesn't like Sean Miller as a person (even though he doesn't know him personally), and for reasons unrelated to basketball. So if he were here, that would color his opinion of Sean Miller's ceiling.
He's here with a different name...I'm surprised you didn't know
That was Millerspeak.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

NYCat wrote:I don't think I could do it anymore. Love Miller but it has been highly infuriating since the end of the 2015 team.

I think you are confusing the packline defense itself with culture. Miller demands excellence on that side of the ball and he is working with young kids who have never had that before and/or aren't so far ahead of their peers anymore like they were in high school where they could afford to cheat/be lazy/take plays off. The defensive scheme itself means very little in my opinion. Michigan State is another elite tier program that uses pack line and Bennett has had quite a few very successful teams with it, so I dont agree that it is a mid-major defense. There is a significant amount of things this team does wrong that crosses over to any other defense we could possibly run. Use Trier and Randolph's crappy closeouts on shooters last night. The packline demands a nice hard, balanced and timely closeout with your hands up. You also need that in a traditional man-to-man, and while you may be in a better position to closeout in that traditional M2M when the ball swings to your man, if Randolph and Trier do that in trad m2m, their guy goes right around them and we are starting to worry about foul trouble for guys like Ayton, easy buckets, etc. Ristic's inconsistency (or laziness) with ball denial down low being another example.

I don't agree that the defense does not match Miller's personnel. If everyone does their job and focuses for the full 30 seconds, I'm all for teams playing hot potato around the perimeter and forcing teams to make contested, low percentage shots over our length. Thats what we do at Arizona and if you watch guys like Solomon Hill, Stanley, Aaron Gordon, Rondae, and TJ, the principals and culture Miller translates to any defense. That is why you see those guys are generally the best or among the better defenders on their respective teams. That is why NBA execs, scouts and head coaches have vocally expressed their appreciation for how ready Miller gets his guys for the NBA. There are no short cuts at Arizona. You are shown the right way to play defense and are expected to get there, knowing full well there will be struggles and growing pains in the fall and winter.

Lastly, you are nuts if you think last year's team was not tough... No Ray Smith, no Trier for more than half the season, injuries and illness to PJC and Kadeem, and what did that team still accomplish? In a season when you had two other Pac 12 teams who were top 10 teams too.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Longhorned wrote:
Then Miller stopped the clock for Kadeem Allen in Las Vegas against UCLA. Since that moment, I've wanted Miller to stay Arizona's coach forever, and I've sent him my piano, one of my legs, and my wife.
Miller would have to pork my wife without my consent (which I would forgive, if he gave me locker room access and a seat on the bench for a game) for my feelings to change. And yes, that Kadeem moment is one of the greatest things I have ever seen from a head coach in any sport. The ball flip and pounding on Kadeem's chest took it to god-tier level too.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

PHXCATS wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:

I get what you are saying but everyone is fine doubting until he finally breaks through
MotherfuckindammitMachina - not even close to everyone is fine doubting. & LH'd kills this thread again per usual, after that TO called against UCLA - I wanted to run through a wall for him. I am the exact opposite of the ridiculous "everyone" you attempt to speak for. & I'm not alone.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

RiseAndFire wrote:Miller came from Xavier comparing Arizona to a Lexus instead of a Buick (Xavier) - good comparison at the time. The problem for us is he took the Lexus and swapped out all the internal parts for Buick parts. Now the Lexus has a hamster wheel under the hood
Buicks are actually exceptionally well-made. Some of the best engines over the last 30 years have been used in Buicks. When Miller finally sees the light and switches to zone full time, I'll rent you one for a day and you can see for yourself.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:

MotherfuckindammitMachina - not even close to everyone is fine doubting. & LH'd kills this thread again per usual, after that TO called against UCLA - I wanted to run through a wall for him. I am the exact opposite of the ridiculous "everyone" you attempt to speak for. & I'm not alone.
The thing about ceilings. Everyone has a ceiling until they don't. Mark Few had an EE ceiling until last year. Did he all of a sudden become a fundamentally different coach or just have a good team with strong leadership, a good draw and some breaks?

There's not some magical line between the Elite Eight and Final Four any more than there's a line between the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight.

And spare me the mealy mouthed "everyone is fine doubting." Cloak a BS opinion as a nonexistent consensus and it is still silly.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:

I meant it is fine for anyone to doubt him and question him, not that everyone is. Sorry for any confusion.

And for the record I am good with Miller. I did not like him for personal reasons for things he did off the court, and I have met him 4 times, although we do not have a "personal relationship", but time has passed, I am good with it. No reason to be upset. Then he did something very nice for a close friend of mine and I have forgiven and forgotten. Then that TO made me really like him again.

I see his ceiling as multiple championships if he makes a few tweaks and adjustments. But he is not unquestionable as things stand today.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'm done.

Wake me up when the Sean Miller era is over. Wasted a once in a generation talent by not putting a functional point guard on this roster and wasting this team's potential by playing two guys together who should never play together in Ayton and Ristic.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

ChooChooCat wrote:I'm done.

Wake me up when the Sean Miller era is over. Wasted a once in a generation talent by not putting a functional point guard on this roster and wasting this team's potential by playing two guys together who should never play together in Ayton and Ristic.
Is Miller actually a elite coach? Serious question.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Seems to have lost the team. They don't even care.

Pull them and put the walk ons in. At least they care.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

luteformayor2 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I'm done.

Is Miller actually a elite coach? Serious question.
I'm drunk and infuriated right now, but at this moment I will say Sean Miller is a small school system coach who used Arizona's brand to become a very good recruiter. Square peg in round hole in regards to how he utilizes his talent. I'm done. Wake me up when sanctions are over and we have a new CEO.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

How does a coach lose a team 7 games into the season?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Even I'm becoming disillusioned with our results. Nowhere near pitchfork territory but damn we should have had more on the court results the last 4 years
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Even I'm becoming disillusioned with our results. Nowhere near pitchfork territory but damn we should have had more on the court results the last 4 years
This is a new low. This team is going to miss the NCAA tourney and probably get roughed up pretty good in Pac play. I made the mistake of using the LBSU win as a good omen. It wasn’t. Watching them vs. a legitimately good team like UNLV, I see the flaws badly exposed. Something is clearly wrong. If not for Ayton, we’d be down 25 in this game.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Miller will be 50 next year.

My call he will look at the very lucrative Arizona state retirement system and decide taking $100K per year in retirement is not worth this shit. Has to affect his heath.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

WTF is Miller's buyout?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

We are getting Rawle back soon, theres plenty of ball left in the season and we still have one of the best players in the nation in Ayton. Yes, we suck absolute balls right now, but you never know.

I can think of several dumpster fires over the past 7-8 years that figured it out in around the time of the conference tourney and made final four runs.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

rgdeuce wrote:Yes, we suck absolute balls right now, but you never know.
Embrace the suck.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

rgdeuce wrote:We are getting Rawle back soon, theres plenty of ball left in the season and we still have one of the best players in the nation in Ayton. Yes, we suck absolute balls right now, but you never know.

I can think of several dumpster fires over the past 7-8 years that figured it out in around the time of the conference tourney and made final four runs.

Not only that but Miller won that game tonight. He won it by recruiting Trier & Ayton & by staying on them non-stop until they FINALLY started attempting to play defense, talking to each other & pointing at who & where to go.

The first 25 or so game minutes were brutal but I am so tired of so many bitching online. We all grieve differently I guess. And oh yeah, we just beat a pretty good team on the road in the first week of December.
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

His tirades at PJC tonight were intnese. He was on his knees and slapped the floor when PJC didn't reset the play before the shot clock expired on Ayton. Scorching heat.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

We were ranked #3 in the nation when we lost on the road to a pretty pedestrian UNLV team a few years ago. This was a solid win. Not ground breaking or anything special but sorely needed. It was our first true road game. The freshmen are still struggling away from McKale. Especially Barcello who looks like a completely different player on the road.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

In re UofA wrote:His tirades at PJC tonight were intnese. He was on his knees and slapped the floor when PJC didn't reset the play before the shot clock expired on Ayton. Scorching heat.

Good. A senior point guard needs to understand the clock and situation at all times. It should be second nature to him at this point. Of course it's frustrating for Miller. You expect a senior point guard to know exactly what to do in that particular situation and not have to be told.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

The "fire Miller crowd" is really misinformed...not sure what fantasy world you might be living in but there is no coach out there who could swoop in and turn these prima donna softboys into NBA men over night...NOT.ONE.FUCKING.COACH.IN.THE.USA.COULD.DO.THAT.

And down that road there is not a coach in America that can predict what a top recruit is ACTUALLY going to do in his system, or ANY system for that matter, high school is different than college as much as lakes are different than oceans.

So all this shit talk about some imaginary "ceiling" can be taken with a grain of salt and shoved up your ass...there is no ceiling, its not a corporate ladder to the final four, its luck, hard work, effort, SOME strategy and a whole shit load of refs and and luck and random shit and did I mention luck?

You want a description of a great coach with no ceiling? Good luck...there it is motherfuckers...luck of the draw...I just watched a game where three fucking refs went to the scorers table for a good ten minutes on a no call...there was absolutely NO REASON to spend 10 minutes reviewing different angles and let players rest up and coaches coach up...it changed the game by increments...and this was a game of incremental difference in the final score...and you want to talk about a ceiling on a coach as if he were in control of more than 10% of any of this?

You're on crack.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

In re UofA wrote:His tirades at PJC tonight were intnese. He was on his knees and slapped the floor when PJC didn't reset the play before the shot clock expired on Ayton. Scorching heat.
That’s called coaching
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Even in this win, Miller was out coached. He was out coached in the Xavier loss last year, he gets out coached by Dana Altman yearly, out coached in the tourney, etc.

I don't care that we won, I am losing all faith in Miller.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:The "fire Miller crowd" is really misinformed...not sure what fantasy world you might be living in but there is no coach out there who could swoop in and turn these prima donna softboys into NBA men over night...NOT.ONE.FUCKING.COACH.IN.THE.USA.COULD.DO.THAT.
I didn't read the rest of your post, but all I ask for is a coach to do one of two things. If you are going to be a system coach then recruit players that fit your system and if you're going to recruit the best players then play a system that best suits their talents. Miller has done NEITHER and it's infuriating. Either be a system coach or evolve your system to fit around the talents of your players.