Parker Jackson-Cartwright

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Frybry02

Re: Parker Jackson-Cartwright

Post by Frybry02 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Speaking to 97's post, that is why I don't ding PJC a ton for the second half D. I consider Scottie Pippen the best perimeter defender of all time, but even he couldn't have done it alone if he had to run off 2-3 screens per possession. That is a situation that requires team D to shine, and we really didn't.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but in a screen heavy offense, the onus is on the screener's man. PJC didn't lay on screens and tried to fight through, which is what he has to do. He isn't exceptional at it (largely physical limits) but you always need help.

We had large scale issues defending the screen in the second half. I thought a lot of Parker looking bad was a combo of Utah attacking him and Miller having him defend guys who got hot.
In addition, Utah also seemed to go after Ristic in the 2nd half. If I remember correctly, Utah ran a clear out for Collete the first play after break. Then their was drive by Collete in an out bounds play that Risitic relaxed on and also fouled. (Trier went absolutely nuts.) Ristic defending the pick does PJC or anyone else on this team any benefit.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Frybry02 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Speaking to 97's post, that is why I don't ding PJC a ton for the second half D. I consider Scottie Pippen the best perimeter defender of all time, but even he couldn't have done it alone if he had to run off 2-3 screens per possession. That is a situation that requires team D to shine, and we really didn't.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but in a screen heavy offense, the onus is on the screener's man. PJC didn't lay on screens and tried to fight through, which is what he has to do. He isn't exceptional at it (largely physical limits) but you always need help.

We had large scale issues defending the screen in the second half. I thought a lot of Parker looking bad was a combo of Utah attacking him and Miller having him defend guys who got hot.
In addition, Utah also seemed to go after Ristic in the 2nd half. If I remember correctly, Utah ran a clear out for Collete the first play after break. Then their was drive by Collete in an out bounds play that Risitic relaxed on and also fouled. (Trier went absolutely nuts.) Ristic defending the pick does PJC or anyone else on this team any benefit.
I remember that play. We'd played good D for most of the shot clock and Dusan bit on a fake handoff and gave up an easy layup.

It was more than just Dusan, but yeah, Dusan's lateral mobility is not an asset in countering perimeter screening. I'd put it this way: Dusan and PJC have physical limitations that place a premium on execution. Our team execution was not good enough in the second half, particularly when compared to our margin for error.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

I remember that play. We'd played good D for most of the shot clock and Dusan bit on a fake handoff and gave up an easy layup.

It was more than just Dusan, but yeah, Dusan's lateral mobility is not an asset in countering perimeter screening. I'd put it this way: Dusan and PJC have physical limitations that place a premium on execution. Our team execution was not good enough in the second half, particularly when compared to our margin for error.
Completely agree. At times it looked like this team was just going through the motions defensively. That being said, I thought the first half was some of the best collective defense this team has played all year.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Frybry02 wrote:

This. They attacked Ristic and got matchups they wanted on other plays after other guys on the UA team moved and adjusted and in some cases were a little late. Miller will get that worked out over time.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
My caveat: I have not rewatched the game and this is memory based from last night.

There are a couple of overall factors. Utah ran an offense heavy on perimeter screening. Miller also switched Parker to give him greater responsibility.

What I saw was that we had overall trouble with handling screens. This led to a lot of people trailing. What this means in packline terms is that off ball defenders had to help until the on ball defender got through, then recover to their man.

It cuts back to some of the packline principles. Job 1 is always cut off penetration. When we're executing poorly on screens, off ball defenders get sucked in a lot. This happened a bit to Parker. Him leaving his man open looks bad on him but he's really just filling his role and the breakdown happened earlier.

The second way he got hurt is that he was getting run off a lot of screens. Very few defenders can fight through without good help from the screeners man. This is the direct way we sucked last night. We were very ineffective in buying recovery time for the defender fighting through the screen. Again, this leaves Parker trailing an open guy, but really isn't on him.

I saw a lot of that last night, that Parker was basically playing the principles the way he was supposed to, but that a lot of issues stemmed from screens usually resulting in a gap that threw us into rotations.
That's pretty much what I saw, which is why I made the comment giving Larry K kudos last night in another thread. There was one instance when Parker made a poor decision about going under instead of over the screen. The whole team was struggling with it, it just so happened that PJCs man had the hot hand and/or they said we are going to focus on setting up the good shots for PJCs man because his physical limitations give you an even bigger cushion to get a good look. Also Ristic was involved in quite a few himself.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Should we be jealous of the complicated collection of action that Larry K threw at us or just be happy that our simple "be better than them" mostly works?

Overly simplistic but serious Q.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

YoDeFoe wrote:Should we be jealous of the complicated collection of action that Larry K threw at us or just be happy that our simple "be better than them" mostly works?

The gap between Miller (and the other handful of elite coaches) and Larry K is not that wide. Larry K does some things better. Miller is a total package coach though, and there are several important things he does better that is the difference between being an annual title contender, and a program who is a contender in the right year and just a "tough win"/competitive in the rest. Purely x's and o's and putting his teams, no matter how talented, into a position to beat any team on a given night, there aren't many you can say are better than Larry K.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:Should we be jealous of the complicated collection of action that Larry K threw at us or just be happy that our simple "be better than them" mostly works?

The gap between Miller (and the other handful of elite coaches) and Larry K is not that wide. Larry K does some things better. Miller is a total package coach though, and there are several important things he does better that is the difference between being an annual title contender, and a program who is a contender in the right year and just a "tough win"/competitive in the rest. Purely x's and o's and putting his teams, no matter how talented, into a position to beat any team on a given night, there aren't many you can say are better than Larry K.
Miller is a better recruiter and builder thsn Krytowiak. Miller teaches a system, K adjusts to players and does a good job providing a workable system for different collections of players. When he had Delon Wright, they played a different style.

In terms of in game coaches in the Pac, Miller, Krystowiak and Altman are the cream of the crop.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Miller is a better recruiter and builder thsn Krytowiak. Miller teaches a system, K adjusts to players and does a good job providing a workable system for different collections of players. When he had Delon Wright, they played a different style.

In terms of in game coaches in the Pac, Miller, Krystowiak and Altman are the cream of the crop.
No love for the Boyle?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

No love for the Boyle?

It's ever so satifying to pop the Boyle.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

PJC did what he needs to keep doing. 10 points, 6 assists, and no turnovers yesterday.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

BBQ wildcat wrote:PJC did what he needs to keep doing. 10 points, 6 assists, and no turnovers yesterday.
Regardless of other opinions, I think that should be enough to reach the Promised Land considering our other starters and the hope that at least one of the new guys not named Ayton will grow into his role by mid-March.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

DiehardDave37 wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:PJC did what he needs to keep doing. 10 points, 6 assists, and no turnovers yesterday.
Regardless of other opinions, I think that should be enough to reach the Promised Land considering our other starters and the hope that at least one of the new guys not named Ayton will grow into his role by mid-March.
Yeah, I think if PJC can score around 10 and come up with a 3:1 a/TO ratio (or better), that should be all we need from him. But we definitely need more bench production and fewer TOs by the other players.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

It would also help if he was at least serviceable as a scorer once he gets below the free throw line. He gets swatted consistently with his layups and floaters. The other teams know that he is looking to pass, and if the pass isn't there it's an easy block.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

IndianaZonaFan wrote:It would also help if he was at least serviceable as a scorer once he gets below the free throw line. He gets swatted consistently with his layups and floaters. The other teams know that he is looking to pass, and if the pass isn't there it's an easy block.
Surprised he never picked up on how TJ would curl through the lane and then abruptly pull up for a turnaround jumper around 8-12 ft. after losing his man in traffic. Instead, if he doesn’t pass, PJC runs it all the way out to three and resets the offense, which isn’t bad, but he can make himself a scoring threat close to the basket.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
IndianaZonaFan wrote:It would also help if he was at least serviceable as a scorer once he gets below the free throw line. He gets swatted consistently with his layups and floaters. The other teams know that he is looking to pass, and if the pass isn't there it's an easy block.
Surprised he never picked up on how TJ would curl through the lane and then abruptly pull up for a turnaround jumper around 8-12 ft. after losing his man in traffic. Instead, if he doesn’t pass, PJC runs it all the way out to three and resets the offense, which isn’t bad, but he can make himself a scoring threat close to the basket.
Even just getting below the ft line once in a while would matter. PJC rarely looks to penetrate in the half court, and even penetrating to make the D come over, than dropping to a cutter would help. Right now, the D doesn't have to play PJC as a threat to penetrate. He does it so infrequently, it has no effect on the D.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The thing that will hold this team from the final four is the inability to play defense consistently, not the PG
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:The thing that will hold this team from the final four is the inability to play defense consistently, not the PG
The two are connected. It's just reality, but PJC is never going to be a stout defender. It's part of our defensive issues, that the people who have the most experience and mastery of the fundamentals are also the most physically limited.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:The thing that will hold this team from the final four is the inability to play defense consistently, not the PG
The two are connected. It's just reality, but PJC is never going to be a stout defender. It's part of our defensive issues, that the people who have the most experience and mastery of the fundamentals are also the most physically limited.
I dont see it that way at all. While PJC is not a stout defended, I think the issue is really how there are too many brain farts that go on. I remember tons of times on Saturday when someone does not rotate or turns their back on their guy etc. PJC is responsible for far less than 20% of those.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Trier was the worst defender on the floor Thursday, not PJC. Trying to help near the basket but leaving the 3 point shooter open in the corner does not work out well.

Not on just Trier, but all the guards, when PJC drives to the basket (often ill advised) the 2G needs to go to the top of the 3 point line and defend against the fast break.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I dont see it that way at all. While PJC is not a stout defended, I think the issue is really how there are too many brain farts that go on. I remember tons of times on Saturday when someone does not rotate or turns their back on their guy etc. PJC is responsible for far less than 20% of those.
Good/physically talented individuals can make up for brain farts. A guy like Mo Bamba can erase a lot of bad execution by blocking and altering shots. When we play Dusan and PJC, we have two guys who don't bring much physical ability. It lowers the margin of error for mental execution.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Good/physically talented individuals can make up for brain farts. A guy like Mo Bamba can erase a lot of bad execution by blocking and altering shots. When we play Dusan and PJC, we have two guys who don't bring much physical ability. It lowers the margin of error for mental execution.
Or if you just have the guys play hard and smart the majority of the time, then crapping on PJC for stuff he cannot help will be null
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Or if you just have the guys play hard and smart the majority of the time, then crapping on PJC for stuff he cannot help will be null
I've always failed to see why discussing PJC's physical limits is interpreted as crapping on him. It isn't an indictment of his person. It's an accurate statement that we'd be better off defensively with guys with more physical ability. We'd be better defensively with Rondae instead of Trier.

My initial post was pretty much that; our experienced guys don't bring much physicality. Our younger guys that bring physicality aren't executing well. There are two issues combining.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Hypothetical Time Machine: How is this team different if we swapped Nic Wise with PJC
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I think some people use his limitations to crap on him. Not everyone. But some.

He has had a tremendous year for us. over 3 ATO, 49% 3-point shooting, his on ball defense, especially up high, is among the best we have. He moves the ball well. A couple of games ago, he picked a loose ball up around his feet, took one dribble, and left handed a long, cross court bounce pass to, I believe, Trier, who finished with a dunk. If PJC waits one second, or moves that ball to his right, it doesn't happen...the window was that tight. He does those things a lot...makes passes you think are normal but no one else on our team makes.

His weaknesses are well known...size, not really that quick, no lift. He should NEVER go to the basket in the half court. How many times have we seen him beat someone and drive, seemingly unabated, only to get swatted or have his shot altered enough to hit the front of the rim or swirl around, with him flying into the camerapeople, and a 5 on 4 going the other way? Too much. He isn't that quick, and has no lift, so help always gets there, and because he isn't around the rim, he can't hide the ball...he has to lead with that finger roll look, ball held out for all to see. THAT is a weakness.

He is also awful in weak side pick and roll situations...IF he helps. And our system is designed for that weak side wing to show on the screen action. It was pointed out in spectacular detail on another post how one of the subtle changes we can see is that guard staying with the shooter and the bigs not hedging so as to recover. PJC should NEVER show...he can be effective on ball on a shooter if he is in normal defensive position, where PJC can get up into the shooter a bit, and they have to be quicker or more tight with their motion that if they were left alone. But when PJC leaves...even a step or two to show...his recovery isn't going to alter a shot. Ever.

So there are PJC's two glaring weaknesses, and both can, IMO, be fixed. He needs to recognize he cannot go to the hole and pull up, throw a floater up (at least if that misses, there is a good chance of an offensive rebound because help had to come over, but altered shots go short and are harder to rebound offensively), pass. But do not go to the hole for a layup unless he is truly alone. And we should stop showing the weakside guard on screens if it is PJC...glue to the shooter.

Beyond those two things, though...PJC has been invaluable and MUCH better than people give him credit for. Those subtle things like quicker passes and pushing the lead guard toward help in early offense, not turning the ball over, getting the ball to scorers (a lot of his assists are of the "created a shot" variety, not the "passed to a shooter who shot" variety)...they are missed for the bigger issues that stand out more. He does what he can with what he has, and he belongs at this level. He is rarely, if ever, the worst player on the floor that people tag him with.

As a side note...we need more pushing the ball to the strong side defensively. I know that would mean overplaying a hand on the ball, and maybe that would give up drives, but we already do that. We need to find a way to force the play away from screen action to our weak side. Especially if the defender on the weakside wing is PJC.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:Hypothetical Time Machine: How is this team different if we swapped Nic Wise with PJC
So different. Nic was much quicker...better scorer. But PJC is a better shooter, and if our team plays unselfish, he gets a lot of open looks.

But I am not sure if he would be as good in controlling the half court and ATO with this team.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:
1stNGrant Frys wrote:Hypothetical Time Machine: How is this team different if we swapped Nic Wise with PJC
So different. Nic was much quicker...better scorer. But PJC is a better shooter, and if our team plays unselfish, he gets a lot of open looks.

But I am not sure if he would be as good in controlling the half court and ATO with this team.
Nic was a better scorer and more of an option off the bounce, where PJC isn't. The remainder of areas are virtually the same. I think Nic would be somewhat better than PJC with this team. Nic's assist numbers weren't quite as good, but PJC has way more weapons to help with that.

So, we're better, but not hugely so. I would trust Nic more in a big game, though.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

EVCat wrote:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but Nic's small size never seemed to be as limiting as PJC size is.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Depends what you value most in a point guard I guess. As Seniors PJC has a way better A/TO, has a higher 3 point percentage and gets steals at a higher rate. Nic scored more.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Guards who can score win you the tournament, that's what I value more
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

KaibabKat wrote:Depends what you value most in a point guard I guess. As Seniors PJC has a way better A/TO, has a higher 3 point percentage and gets steals at a higher rate. Nic scored more.
The senior comparison is a little unfair to Nic, IMO, because that was a team with a lot of young guys and very little firepower other than him. If you compare junior and sophmore stats, Nic stacks up better in 3 point and a/to.

Nic was over 40% from 3 as a soph and junior and produced twice the ft's Parker did. His turnover rate was basically the same as Parker's but inflated by twice the usage rate because he had to play a much bigger offensive role. Nic was actually a bit better than Parker TO rate adjusted for usage.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

EVCat wrote:
He is also awful in weak side pick and roll situations...IF he helps. And our system is designed for that weak side wing to show on the screen action. It was pointed out in spectacular detail on another post how one of the subtle changes we can see is that guard staying with the shooter and the bigs not hedging so as to recover. PJC should NEVER show...he can be effective on ball on a shooter if he is in normal defensive position, where PJC can get up into the shooter a bit, and they have to be quicker or more tight with their motion that if they were left alone. But when PJC leaves...even a step or two to show...his recovery isn't going to alter a shot. Ever.
Not sure if you are talking about my post or not. PJC makes the correct rotations, on time, from the weakside corner in those PNR coverage. The problem is that he is the one making those rotations. While he gets to the spot (across the paint to opposite block in certain PNR situations), he isnt deterring anyone from scoring other than taking a charge or swiping the ball. Additionally, like you mention, him closing back out on his shooter, again, all the way back across the paint to the corner three, doesnt deter his man from simply shooting right over him.

Thankfully, as I posted on Scout, there arent that many coaches designing their PNR sets to take advantage of this rotation (specifically with Ristic on the roll man). You will see a few guys like Larry K, Ollie, ect. with NBA experience pick on us with those two situations in one set. I would run this into oblivion. That is the difference between regular NCAA coaches and NBA staffs/coaches/assistants. This rotation would have been highlighted and used against us as much as possible. Thankfully, that isnt the case.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

How about those late game steals today!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Clutch
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

That steal... Man. I don't know if it's because he is smaller but he looks like he is fully engaged more on d lately and getting up it their face even if 8 foot tall.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers, 4 rebounds. Good game, Parker!
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

He did just enough - and yea those late steals were massive.

He's in a position to be aggressive so often in our half-court set, but he just doesn't pull the trigger or he short-arms the floater or whatever. I just want to reach in the tele and give him some confidence. The kid could be making a huge impact on offense if he just stepped up.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote:5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers, 4 rebounds. Good game, Parker!
3 for 10 and 1 for 6 from 3. He did some things, but his shooting was not good.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

But the point is he is contributing in other ways - no TO's, a couple of big time steals - to help us win close games like this.

We don't win tonight without PJC.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

He was a little more aggressive at the beginning when he was pushing the tempo, but he just can't finish at the rim. He got open 3s he just didn't hit them, he tried a step back 3 a couple of times and some 3s off the dribble but again didn't make them. He tried a real awful looking tear drop floater which of course didn't go in.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PJC never should drive to the basket unless it's a fast break and no one is there. He probably makes 1 in 10 when covered even a little bit, and the 2 guard many times doesn't rotate over to the top of the 3 point line to prevent any fast breaks on missed layups.

Saying that, those 2 steals were very impressive. PJC just wanted to win.

Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

NYCat wrote:He was a little more aggressive at the beginning when he was pushing the tempo, but he just can't finish at the rim. He got open 3s he just didn't hit them, he tried a step back 3 a couple of times and some 3s off the dribble but again didn't make them. He tried a real awful looking tear drop floater which of course didn't go in.
I think you're being too critical. He had zero turnovers and for a PG that's the biggest stat I look at after assists. And his steals came at crucial moments in the game. Give the guy a break.
gumby

Post by gumby »

PieceOfMeat wrote:How about those late game steals today!
Plays of the Game. Two in the final two minutes when you have to get stops. Meanwhile, Alkins and Trier go 2-4 from the line. Could've cost us.
Right where I want to be.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Hey has been very reliable at the end of games and good lord he breaks full court pressure so quickly and makes it looks easy! He had shut me up during conference play
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Merkin wrote:PJC never should drive to the basket unless it's a fast break and no one is there. He probably makes 1 in 10 when covered even a little bit
Just providing context here:

28.4% of PJCs shots come at the rim and he's shooting 36.4%.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

He played great yesterday. If we pressed more I think it would play to his strengths more. I love when Miller teams press they get turnovers. I wish he would use thr press a little more. Very effective and PJC looks great pressuring the ball handler with his quick hands.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

With no very serviceable backup at PG, I think PJC can/should only press late in games, where fouls are not a big concern. If we pressed earlier, he could end up in big foul trouble, which would really sink the team in the later stages of the game.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Captain Obvious wrote:
NYCat wrote:He was a little more aggressive at the beginning when he was pushing the tempo, but he just can't finish at the rim. He got open 3s he just didn't hit them, he tried a step back 3 a couple of times and some 3s off the dribble but again didn't make them. He tried a real awful looking tear drop floater which of course didn't go in.
I think you're being too critical. He had zero turnovers and for a PG that's the biggest stat I look at after assists. And his steals came at crucial moments in the game. Give the guy a break.
How am I being too critical when I'm not being critical at all. Just some observations of PJC trying a couple of moves offensively. He just needs to finish and continue to push the tempo.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

BBQ wildcat wrote:With no very serviceable backup at PG, I think PJC can/should only press late in games, where fouls are not a big concern. If we pressed earlier, he could end up in big foul trouble, which would really sink the team in the later stages of the game.
I'm okay gambling some foul trouble for PJC on his ability to pressure and pester. He's not currently foul prone and Trier as a back-up is a nice change of pace that gets an extra scorer or defender on the floor.

Guys need to play to their strengths. PJC has a low center of gravity, long arms and quick hands: let that dude reach for steals. Even without generating a turnover it can be frustrating and disruptive.

Guys playing to their strengths won us the game against Stanford. PJC getting steals. Rawle getting tough rebounds and paint position.
Trier hitting big shots and icing the FT line. Dusan getting buckets and using his size. Ayton sucking in help defenders and making the right pass out.

It was a great team win made possible by dudes playing to their strengths down the stretch. Let PJC scrap.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

TucsonClip wrote:
EVCat wrote:
Not sure if you are talking about my post or not. PJC makes the correct rotations, on time, from the weakside corner in those PNR coverage. The problem is that he is the one making those rotations. While he gets to the spot (across the paint to opposite block in certain PNR situations), he isnt deterring anyone from scoring other than taking a charge or swiping the ball. Additionally, like you mention, him closing back out on his shooter, again, all the way back across the paint to the corner three, doesnt deter his man from simply shooting right over him.

Thankfully, as I posted on Scout, there arent that many coaches designing their PNR sets to take advantage of this rotation (specifically with Ristic on the roll man). You will see a few guys like Larry K, Ollie, ect. with NBA experience pick on us with those two situations in one set. I would run this into oblivion. That is the difference between regular NCAA coaches and NBA staffs/coaches/assistants. This rotation would have been highlighted and used against us as much as possible. Thankfully, that isnt the case.
That's it...he can make the proper rotation, but he cannot recover.

I could have sworn everyone was running weak side action on us, but maybe it is a situation of remembering the bad only