Sean Miller Double Point?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

friedrice

Sean Miller Double Point?

Post by friedrice »

Anyone have some sort of media (GIF, YouTube clip, Vine, etc) of Sean Miller giving a player the double "you -- sit down" motion with both hands?

I want to say I recall it happening after a turnover coming out of a timeout. I want to say the player the motion was intended for was Josiah Turner. I also want to say Miller mouthed "You. Sit the f*** down." whilst gesturing. But, alas, I couldn't say all those things without an attributable source.

Similar to one of these, but with both hands:

Slim to none chance, I know. But, of anywhere, I figure, this is the best place to ask.
UAEebs86

Re: Sean Miller Double Point?

Post by UAEebs86 »

friedrice wrote:Anyone have some sort of media (GIF, YouTube clip, Vine, etc) of Sean Miller giving a player the double "you -- sit down" motion with both hands?

I want to say I recall it happening after a turnover coming out of a timeout. I want to say the player the motion was intended for was Josiah Turner. I also want to say Miller mouthed "You. Sit the f*** down." whilst gesturing. But, alas, I couldn't say all those things without an attributable source.

Similar to one of these, but with both hands:

Slim to none chance, I know. But, of anywhere, I figure, this is the best place to ask.

It's been posted here by catgrad97 I believe.

EDIT: Nope it was Katz:

http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtop ... rom#p48381
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Give me all of your rep.

Oh wait...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
friedrice

Post by friedrice »

Thank you. You can have all my rep. My rep power is over 9000, so...no big deal.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He did it to Parrom btw.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Olsondogg wrote:He did it to Parrom btw.
Can we confirm this? I could have sworn that he was talking to Mayes and his lack of effort. This would be Mayes' first year. And he walked down the bench with his high socks and sat very quietly. Parrom was always high intensity and don't recall Miller ever really getting mad at him.

Also, remember Miller's first or second year and someone was mocking him in the huddle and it was caught on camera? I could have sworn that was Mayes too, but maybe Turner? It was pretty funny. Remember thinking just wait until Miller gets this tape.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bosy Billups wrote:
Can we confirm this? I could have sworn that he was talking to Mayes and his lack of effort. This would be Mayes' first year. And he walked down the bench with his high socks and sat very quietly. Parrom was always high intensity and don't recall Miller ever really getting mad at him.

Also, remember Miller's first or second year and someone was mocking him in the huddle and it was caught on camera? I could have sworn that was Mayes too, but maybe Turner? It was pretty funny. Remember thinking just wait until Miller gets this tape.

Yes, it was Parrom. He took a quick shot at one end and then made it worse by not getting back on defense which led to an easy basket.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

Yes, it was Parrom. He took a quick shot at one end and then made it worse by not getting back on defense which led to an easy basket.
You guys are good.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:Image

Give me all of your rep.

Oh wait...
I love our coach.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I remember that game. It was two years ago. We were playing at Oregon. That game ended up being our first loss of the season.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Yup. 100 percent Parrom. Which was shocking. Coach ain't f'ing around. There's plenty of bench over there. If you can't figure shit out, go grab some.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

The Butcher wrote:Yup. 100 percent Parrom. Which was shocking. Coach ain't f'ing around. There's plenty of bench over there. If you can't figure shit out, go grab some.
lol. For reals.

I feel like he's used the bench when guys f up more than ever this season. Reminds me of Mr. Quick Hook Vintage Lute. Ok maybe I shouldn't go that far. Anybody remember those days. Use to kill me. One mistake, just one and you were outta there.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

OH, you know what game I'm thinking about.

I think it was Mayes first year, and think we were at Oregon State. Mayes made a lazy play and Miller did something like (hard to describe on a board)...

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go to the end of the bench" Very sarcastic, almost like a happy smirky tone, moving his hands toward the end of the bench.

Does that ring a bell?

PS - yea, regarding that gif, some kids can't handle the tough love. See Grant.
friedrice

Post by friedrice »

CBCat wrote:I feel like he's used the bench when guys f up more than ever this season. Reminds me of Mr. Quick Hook Vintage Lute. Ok maybe I shouldn't go that far. Anybody remember those days. Use to kill me. One mistake, just one and you were outta there.
Big difference between mistakes made while playing aggressive and mistakes from aloofness or lack of execution. The latter will find you on the bench in a heartbeat with Miller. Which is fair.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

The best part about all of this is that KP & Coach were as close as any player he's had here (from what I'm told). They love each other. Good stuff.