Ban Bill Walton Petition

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

84Cat

Re: Ban Bill Walton Petition

Post by 84Cat »

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Jon Sciambi looked like he was about to blow a gasket and punch Walton square in the nose! :lol:
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jon's turn to play Abbott to his Costello.
Right where I want to be.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Good Lord, if it wasn't for his awesome son and love for Arizona, I wouldn't be able to stand him at all. As it is, he's a terrible announcer that seems to constantly distract from the game rather than adding 'color commentary'....
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He must really be stoned wearing sunglasses indoors.

Walton is good for making boring games interesting. Not so appealing when he distracts from good games.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
That's the exact clip I saw live that lead to my previous post. :D
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

During the St Johns game last night he was talking about Hakeem Olajuwon when he played for St. John's
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Im ready for Bill. How much longer?!
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Killed it tonight with all the Tucson love
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

pimping Sean Miller and our program hard tonight
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bill Walton is a champion among the conference of champions.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

CBCat wrote:pimping Sean Miller and our program hard tonight
Remember, all we have to do is win all our home games for the next four years and we'll pass Kentucky for the #1 spot.

He makes it sound so simple
gumby

Post by gumby »

Should be no problem with Jodi Simmons on the way.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:Should be no problem with Jodi Simmons on the way.
I admired him even more for that. No grown man should follow recruiting closely enough to know the name of some high school senior.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Best player in the history of the Arizona program, right Bill?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Should be no problem with Jodi Simmons on the way.
https://youtu.be/5Ars2A_mXac" target="_blank
Bangkok Wildcat

I know.....can't stand all of his non-hoops tangents just like I can't stand Vitale either......but both of those guys (Vitale with Lute mostly) really pimp our HC, McKale environment and program big time.....more than they normally do a lot of the other programs IMHO......but damned if they aren't painful to listen to!!!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Did Bill say ASU is on fire academically?

The only thing on fire on that campus is the venereal disease rate.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:Did Bill say ASU is on fire academically?

He loves to hear himself talk; accuracy is a secondary concern.

i would love to know what kind of car he drives.
Bangkok Wildcat

Harvey Specter wrote:

+1

Good Lord, I now actually hate him.....there were several pints in the game where I wanted to know what happened and he wouldn't stfu and explain....so incredibly frustrating and really ruins watching the game.....
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

+1

Good Lord, I now actually hate him.....there were several pints in the game where I wanted to know what happened and he wouldn't stfu and explain....so incredibly frustrating and really ruins watching the game.....
I still love the guy.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I don't need a color commentator telling me whats going on in the game, that's what eyes are for. He definitely does make a slow game like last night go by quicker though. I get the hate for him, but I personally look forward to listening to him and think he should have his own tv show.
gumby

Post by gumby »

No, there actually never was a time when Manu Ginobili was the best player on the planet.

But thank you for our lives, Bill Walton! And your great contributions to humanity!
gumby

Post by gumby »

gronk4heisman wrote:I don't need a color commentator telling me whats going on in the game, that's what eyes are for. He definitely does make a slow game like last night go by quicker though. I get the hate for him, but I personally look forward to listening to him and think he should have his own tv show.
I think he means instances when, say, someone commits a foul and you want to know if that is the reason play stopped, and who committed it.

Instead, he's in mid-monologue about the average airspeed of the unladen swallow.

"Is that four on Tarc?"

And did you know that Jack Sikma once led the NBA in free throw shooting one year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:I don't need a color commentator telling me whats going on in the game, that's what eyes are for. He definitely does make a slow game like last night go by quicker though. I get the hate for him, but I personally look forward to listening to him and think he should have his own tv show.
I think he means instances when, say, someone commits a foul and you want to know if that is the reason play stopped, and who committed it.

Instead, he's in mid-monologue about the average airspeed of the unladen swallow.

"Is that four on Tarc!"

And did you know that Jack Sikma once led the NBA in free throw shooting one year.
Exactly.

He's great in a blowout. Terrible in a tight game where what happens from moment to moment on the court has a bearing on the outcome.

I find that good color commentators expand my view of the game. They fill me in on what I may have missed. For instance when a guard gets pinned on the sideline by a double team and you think "stupid guard, why didn't he pass it out" but the color commentator says, "That's really on the center right there. If his man is going to double the ballhandler, he needs to either come out and set a screen or come to the ball and present himself for the pass over the top." Meanwhile Bill Walton is saying, "Bill Russell, the greatest player that I or anyone else played with in the history of the known universe once said to me......."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I love Walton. There has only been maybe one or two games where he was too much for me. Really intense, close, hard-fought defensive games.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

IDC what anyone says, Bill Walton is fucking awful.

Wish he wouldn't get stuck with all our games.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

walton's the best. i'd rather see him paired with pasch than robinson, though.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:

"Is that four on Tarc!"

Exactly.

He's great in a blowout. Terrible in a tight game where what happens from moment to moment on the court has a bearing on the outcome.

I find that good color commentators expand my view of the game. They fill me in on what I may have missed. For instance when a guard gets pinned on the sideline by a double team and you think "stupid guard, why didn't he pass it out" but the color commentator says, "That's really on the center right there. If his man is going to double the ballhandler, he needs to either come out and set a screen or come to the ball and present himself for the pass over the top." Meanwhile Bill Walton is saying, "Bill Russell, the greatest player that I or anyone else played with in the history of the known universe once said to me......."
^^^^ This in a nutshell.

Walton is not a color commentator, he's a distraction that is comically entertaining in a boring game and can be extremely annoying in an exciting one.

He is a 'one size fits all' approach that cannot improvise, adapt, and overcome. Coach Wooden is disappointed.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Come on, guys. Lay off. Bill has only a few brain cells left after following The Dead around until Jerry Garcia died. He does the best he can with what he has left, and I for one am willing to cut him some slack.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

dirtbags wrote:walton's the best. i'd rather see him paired with pasch than robinson, though.
This is the difference. When Bill is with Pasch it's perfect. I am always happy with Walton but I get why some might not enjoy him during those close games.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Puerco wrote:Come on, guys. Lay off. Bill has only a few brain cells left after following The Dead around until Jerry Garcia died. He does the best he can with what he has left, and I for one am willing to cut him some slack.
Drivin that train, fried out his brain
Bill Walton you better watch your weed.
Action ahead, action behind
but a bit of trivia just crossed his mind.
Bangkok Wildcat

Harvey Specter wrote:
Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:

"Is that four on Tarc!"

Exactly.

^^^^ This in a nutshell.

Walton is not a color commentator, he's a distraction that is comically entertaining in a boring game and can be extremely annoying in an exciting one.

He is a 'one size fits all' approach that cannot improvise, adapt, and overcome. Coach Wooden is disappointed.
+1. Well said folks!!!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Playing the glockenspiel tonight
wilbur1997

Post by wilbur1997 »

Oregon/Cal was a blowout tonight. Walton started playing a Glockenspiel (xylophone type musical instrument). I was laughing so hard I scared my dog. I could have watched a closer Iowa/Indiana game, but Walton was going full-Walton and I couldn't stop watching. It was fun.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

A close second to the Glockenspiel was Bill telling us about the conversation he had with Mark Twain today. Words of wisdom.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

@catgirl, you missed espn's new glockenspiel alarm last night, flashed on screen whenever walton or pasch says the g-word :lol:
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Any reactions to Walton's comments last night on the CSM/Zeus incident?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

pc in NM wrote:Any reactions to Walton's comments last night on the CSM/Zeus incident?
What did he say? I was only half paying attention to the commentary, especially when we were crashing and burning in the first half.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I had it on mute.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

walton's been grumbling about the kaleb incident since it happened. not worth fussing over, he'll get over it soon enough.

or will at least be easily distracted by whatever dirty / smelly / noisy thing you put in front of him.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Bill is on campus. I just saw him shooting some pics around Flandrau. He said he's doing the big game tonight.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Chicat wrote:
Ha, thats pretty awesome. He's going to be all over this all next season :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Saw a tweet the other day stating that Walton was the last PAC player to go #1 in the NBA draft.

Looking it up, Kareem is the only other PAC player to be taken #1.

Guess UA isn't too shabby getting 2 at #2, since the Cats and the rest of the PAC are oh-fer during the PAC era.

Bogut of course for Utah before they were in the PAC.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

"Bill Walton riding a jackalope is the new mural by Ignacio Garcia that is on one of the walls of the Rialto Theatre in downtown Tucson." (Arizona Daily Star 16 June 16).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'll admit it. I miss Bill Walton...is he on for tomorrow's game?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Wouldn't it be trippy if Wally Walker named his son Luke and that was the actual answer?