***UTEP RAP Results***

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

***UTEP RAP Results***

Post by Chicat »

Ugly game my friends. And hilariously, a guy who has exactly one post on this site and that I can't prove is not a bot tied for the top score. I love this game...

Players
T.J. McConnell - 24
Stanley Johnson - 23
Brandon Ashley - 16
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - 16
Gabe York - 12
Kaleb Tarczewski - 5
Elliott Pitts - 1
Dusan Ristic - 1
Parker Jackson-Cartright - 0

Posters
CatnapTom - 57 (20 - won tiebreaker)
Lancerd25 - 57 (18)
UAGreg - 53 (16)
baycat93 - 52 (14)
Ryeguy29 - 51 (12)
77HoyaCat4Ever - 47 (10)
CBCat - 46 (8 - botched the pickset, but I'm nice)
PieceOfMeat - 45 (8 - won tiebreaker)
Irish27 - 45 (6)
azcat49 - 44 (4- won tiebreaker)
Machina - 44 (2)
----------------------------------------------------------
UAEebs86 - 42
knick49 - 41
AZCatGirl - 40
Coop Cat - 39
The Butcher - 39
Chicat - 38
UofACat23 - 35
Captcarnage - 35
Wcjoker - 34
MountainCat - 34
shazzamcat - 33
loomer - 33
Merkin - 30
Reydituto - 27
LBdCactus - 26
ghostwhitehorse - 24
CBCat - Disqualified

Overall Standings
PieceOfMeat - 171
Machina - 136
Coop Cat - 134
Merkin - 126
Knick49 - 123
UAGreg - 123
shazzamcat - 122
Ryeguy29 - 120
ghostwhitehorse - 111
Chicat - 108
Zona_Soccer10 - 93
UofACat23 - 84
Irish27 - 78
CatnapTom - 71
loomer - 68
LBdCactus - 63
AZCatgirl - 57
baycat93 - 54
Reydituto - 50
WCjoker - 48
UAEebs86 - 47
The Butcher - 47
77HoyaCat4Ever - 47
CBCat - 32
azcat49 - 30
Captcarnage - 29
catinfl - 26
Lancerd25 - 18
IndianaZonaFan - 15
SportsMind - 14
OSUCat - 13

I'm most definitely human and make mistakes so check your score. I used the box score from the UA Athletics site for the numbers.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ghostwhitehorse

Re: ***UTEP RAP Results***

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Oh, look. . . last.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

good thing I only picked one player, if I had picked any more I'd have fallen out of the points :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Why was I disqualified.
I had just copy and pasted some of the prices but I typed out who I was picking? and put a total and a tie break.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CBCat wrote:Why was I disqualified.
I had just copy and pasted some of the prices but I typed out who I was picking? and put a total and a tie break.
I think your total was wrong because you had Pitts value wrong, but you actually spent less than you said you did. Not sure if that's why though.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here was your post:
CBCat wrote:Rondae Hollis-Jefferson $22
Brandon Ashley $21
Kaleb Tarczewski $18
TJ McConnell $17
Gabe York $14
Parker Jackson-Cartright $9
Elliott Pitts $7

Brandon Ashley 21
TJ McConnell 17
Elliott Pitts 9

+3

tb= 142
i asked for clarification, but I didn't see you respond.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Chicat wrote:Here was your post:
CBCat wrote:Rondae Hollis-Jefferson $22
Brandon Ashley $21
Kaleb Tarczewski $18
TJ McConnell $17
Gabe York $14
Parker Jackson-Cartright $9
Elliott Pitts $7

Brandon Ashley 21
TJ McConnell 17
Elliott Pitts 9

+3

tb= 142
i asked for clarification, but I didn't see you respond.
Sorry work has been crazy so not on here as much as I'd like. Can you still count me in. After I realized what this post looked like I didn't want to edit for fear of being disqualified. Should have clarified in original post. No problem if you can't do a recount. I probably didn't score anyway.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Using the second part of your post you got 46 which would give you 8 points. Might have to put this one to the people. Notwithstanding giving Pitts the wrong point total which is not a disqualifiable offense, your post would seem to be choosing a whole bunch of players which would put you way over $50. The question is can we reliably assume you meant to pick Bash, TJ, and Pitts and not those other players.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

CBCat wrote:I didn't want to edit for fear of being disqualified. Should have clarified in original post
Then why not, at least, make a secondary post clarifying your intent? that way, no edit, but you still get out what you wanted.

Chi, you're too nice btw, Bison woulda DQ'd him without remorse under the "simple math" rule if nothing else :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Played for the first time on the UTEP game. Do my points count on the overall score or am I out since I have not played this year until now?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MountainCat wrote:Played for the first time on the UTEP game. Do my points count on the overall score or am I out since I have not played this year until now?
If you had finished in the top 10 your score would have counted toward the overall total. And there are definitely enough games left to catch up to the leaders.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Chicat wrote:Using the second part of your post you got 46 which would give you 8 points. Might have to put this one to the people. Notwithstanding giving Pitts the wrong point total which is not a disqualifiable offense, your post would seem to be choosing a whole bunch of players which would put you way over $50. The question is can we reliably assume you meant to pick Bash, TJ, and Pitts and not those other players.
I think you know the answer to that? Come on man. The last three names are who i chose. See the extra space between. I think you "know" me enough to know what i did in my picks. Just acknowledge that and we can drop it. You put alot of your own time into this and I appreciate that. I couldnt edit because thats against rules but it was on me to explain before I hit send. No need to put up to the group. It shoukd be 8 points to me and its cool if you cant go back and recalibrate. Ill keep playing anyway its fun but like I said dint act like you cant ser there what my honest intent was, because you can.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yes, I think I know the answer, but it's always best to remove all doubt from the mind of the person running RAP by not totally botching your pick set.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CBCat, after a lot of deliberation and some generous libations, I decided to give you your 8 points but I did not adjust the scores of anyone who scored below you. It's not their fault your copy and paste skills were learned at ASU. ;)