Not upset at all

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bosy Billups

Not upset at all

Post by Bosy Billups »

What a OOC run, we're a team starting at a different/lower level than last year. We'll get there.

Great job fellas.

Back to back roadies is tough as the #3.

And props to UNLV, they played lights out. They won that game, and we shot cold.
UAGreg

Re: Not upset at all

Post by UAGreg »

It's one thing to play well and just get beat.

We played like dogshit against an inferior team.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Fkuk unlv
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

No props or good jobs to anyone here. Terrible
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

UAGreg wrote:It's one thing to play well and just get beat.

No team play. I agree. Who is rebounding. No one.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

No one deserves any props. Miller got out coached by fucking Dave Rice, just let that sink in for a while.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Losing isn't the problem, it's HOW we lost that's the issue. I'm not mad about the loss, but the defense and stupid decisions and basically everything we did was horrible.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

AZCatGirl wrote:Losing isn't the problem, it's HOW we lost that's the issue. I'm not mad about the loss, but the defense and stupid decisions and basically everything we did was horrible.
Add in the fact that our coaching staff appeared to make literally no adjustments, and burned timeouts early in the game.
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

Lando05 wrote:No one deserves any props. Miller got out coached by fucking Dave Rice, just let that sink in for a while.

+1. Very disappointed tonight.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

UAGreg wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:Losing isn't the problem, it's HOW we lost that's the issue. I'm not mad about the loss, but the defense and stupid decisions and basically everything we did was horrible.
Add in the fact that our coaching staff appeared to make literally no adjustments, and burned timeouts early in the game.
Sean even called it at halftime. He knew it was coming, but nothing he did worked...
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm upset. That fucking sucked.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

When we win, credit the players

When we lose, blame the coaches

Miller can't knock down 3's for york, or hit FT's for the players.

We were ICE cold offensively, IT HAPPENS!!!

You all are acting like we have a 6-12 record.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

AZCatGirl wrote:
UAGreg wrote:
Sean even called it at halftime. He knew it was coming, but nothing he did worked...
It just seemed like we allowed them to do the same thing over and over, without really making any adjustments.

I know Miller can't make Ashley move his feet, but at least double or something.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Lando05 wrote:No one deserves any props. Miller got out coached by fucking Dave Rice, just let that sink in for a while.
LOL, No, he did not get out coached. We lost one of our key players in RHJ, we shot ICE COLD, we didn't should FTs well, it was our second roadie in 3 games. We win that game 4-5 times. Probably 5-5 times if we didn't have UTEP.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Bosy Billups wrote:When we lose, blame the coaches

Miller can't knock down 3's for york, or hit FT's for the players.

We were ICE cold offensively, IT HAPPENS!!!

You all are acting like we have a 6-12 record.
Miller just said he was out coached. It's his fault too.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I'm not really upset just disappointed. UNLV sucks, seriously.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I think calling them an inferior team is an insult to them and what they did to us tonight.

They knew exactly what to do, and they did it over and over and over and over again.

We had no answer.

On paper we might be the better team or have the better talent or whatever, but that unlv team, at least tonight, was not an inferior team; the inferior team was the one who couldn't adjust on D, couldn't hit a throw, and couldn't hit a bucket.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Not upset either. Disappointed but not upset. Sadly this is the type of game that the coaching staff can use to get the team focussed. They were sloppy and undisciplined in all facets of the game.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

I think calling them an inferior team is an insult to them and what they did to us tonight.

They knew exactly what to do, and they did it over and over and over and over again.

We had no answer.

On paper we might be the better team or have the better talent or whatever, but that unlv team, at least tonight, was not an inferior team; the inferior team was the one who couldn't adjust on D, couldn't hit a throw, and couldn't hit a bucket.
This team lost to ASU by 22. Stanford by 29.

Maybe tonight they weren't inferior, but yes theyr'e 100 percent an inferior team.
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

AZCatGirl wrote:
UAGreg wrote:
Sean was a defeatist sounding wimp at halftime. How about not ripping your team on national tv for 5 minutes and instead use that time to make HT adjustments

I literally lol'd when he said UNLV was bigger stronger and more talented! WTF you have a lineup stacked with McD AAs nobody buys that. This UNLV team is garbage and this is a bad bad loss.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Unlv sucks guys, that's what sucks about this. They lost to assu by 20 who is absolutely atrocious, I don't care if the game was played in the Bahamas.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

UAGreg wrote:
Someone explain this to me, Miller took our 3rd to last timeout around with 6:01 left. Why didn't he adjust anything? I say this because he then burns his 2nd to last timeout at 5:15. Why does he always do this? He didn't just tell them what to do or drop up a play. This is a pattern I can't get past anymore he burns through timeouts at terrible situations and then has none for the last 2 minutes when they are more valuable.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

cats101 wrote:Unlv sucks guys, that's what sucks about this. They lost to assu by 20 who is absolutely atrocious, I don't care if the game was played in the Bahamas.
+1
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAGreg wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

We had no answer.

Maybe tonight they weren't inferior, but yes theyr'e 100 percent an inferior team.

well then maybe we all need to get our sphincters prepared for some bad conference losses.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAGreg wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

We had no answer.

well then maybe we all need to get our sphincters prepared for some bad conference losses.
Has there been a season we haven't had a bad conference loss?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

***FYI*** We didn't get blown out.

I understand some of these responses if we got Kansassed or UCLAed, but we had a couple good chances to go up and win it.

Relax people.

Relax.

This is part of the game.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

While I think Dave Rice has underachieved with some talent the last couple of years, I don't think he's as bad a coach as everyone else seems to think. Second UA-UNLV game in a row that has gone down to the wire. Probably a good loss in the long run, not only from an RPI perspective, but as far as Miller getting the attention of this team and resetting some things on both sides of the floor that need to be reset.
Last edited by Reydituto on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

AZCatGirl wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAGreg wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

We had no answer.

Has there been a season we haven't had a bad conference loss?
Never when Lute was here... Don't you remember?

Never had a bad loss before Christmas break, either.
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

I'm not upset, I will chalk this up to an the annual choke job in Las Vegas, it just came early this year. I'm sure it will happen again at the MGM at the regularly scheduled time in March

We also have to look fwd to:
- The 4th annual White Out Choke Job
- The Seattle Choke Job
- The Asu choke job
- The UCLA choke job
- The Roadie vs. a P12 Bottom Half Team Choke Job

Ceiling now is 4 seed, mark it down. Unfnreal
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I honestly don't care about winning the Pac 12 tournament. It'd be nice, yes, but ultimately pretty meaningless.

We did win the white out game last year, but hopefully we're done with that stupid gimmick.
Losing at Washington... yeah, that could easily be a loss. But at least it wouldn't be a bad one.
Losing at ASU again? Fuck no. Not when they're this shitty.
No way UCLA beats us at home.
Losing to a crappy Pac team on the road wouldn't shock me.

4 seed? No freaking way.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azdoubledown wrote:Ceiling now is 4 seed, mark it down. Unfnreal
:lol:

And here I thought all your rage-filled hyperbole was reserved for the PRB forum....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Woods should get some all American consideration after his performance last night. Who knew? :roll:

Go Cats!!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Last night was just complete horse shat of a loss. I'm assuming that is the parenting equivalent of getting a call that your son is at juvy for robbing a convenience store.

I'm gonna bite my tongue but I will say this: this team has a long ways to go and I am glad it is only the end of december. Talent and size can only mask or minimize glaring weaknesses for so long.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

They don't play as a team.

Chemistry is no where near it was last year at this point.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Sometimes a team just doesn't have it on a certain day/night. Anybody that played or knows basketball should know this. I guess it's understandable if people want to bitch like women and say dramatic things...fact is we just didn't make the plays in the last couple minutes. Tough shit. I'm upset a little bit too, of course it doesn't feel good to lose. But the team doesn't automatically suck or have glaring weaknesses because they lost one game! It's really not that big of a deal and this loss will probably be a positive moving forward as others have mentioned, giving Miller plenty of coaching ammunition.

Everyone enjoy your Christmas/holiday vacations..
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Bosy Billups wrote:***FYI*** We didn't get blown out.

I understand some of these responses if we got Kansassed or UCLAed, but we had a couple good chances to go up and win it.

Relax people.

Relax.

asu blew UNLV out and Utah beat the Rebels by double digits. This is a bad loss.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

CalStateTempe wrote:They don't play as a team.

This is where they miss Nick Johnson the most. This team has no vocal leader. Someone needs to step up and take that role.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azdoubledown wrote:I'm not upset, I will chalk this up to an the annual choke job in Las Vegas, it just came early this year. I'm sure it will happen again at the MGM at the regularly scheduled time in March

We also have to look fwd to:
- The 4th annual White Out Choke Job
- The Seattle Choke Job
- The Asu choke job
- The UCLA choke job
- The Roadie vs. a P12 Bottom Half Team Choke Job

Ceiling now is 4 seed, mark it down. Unfnreal
4 seed!!! sorry bro but the DRUGS down!!! Your brain is fried!!!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Irish27 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:They don't play as a team.

This is where they miss Nick Johnson the most. This team has no vocal leader. Someone needs to step up and take that role.
TJ doesn't believe he's that guy. Played well first half. Where was the confidence in the second half?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Where has McConnell been this whole season, honestly?

Dude has the most inexplicable FT percentage and defensive lapses since Joe McLean as a senior. I understand loyalty to starters, but not in a game like last night's. You earn your minutes.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Where has McConnell been this whole season, honestly?

Dude has the most inexplicable FT percentage and defensive lapses since Joe McLean as a senior. I understand loyalty to starters, but not in a game like last night's. You earn your minutes.
It's not as if PJC or York looked any better, so it's not like he was going to be benched.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

It's not as if PJC has had full opportunity to prove that, either.

And York's not going to have a fire lit under him anytime soon, so Miller can call it a night with him anytime. I'd be ecstatic if Gabe even reached TJ's current level.

Nobody wants Miller's legacy at Arizona to be that he burned recruits out with an Elite Eight ceiling. But some dynamic on this team has to change to alter that destiny, or a lot of us are going to be disappointed in March.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

If this team loses a MERE 5 times in conference and then of course we ALWAYS lose in the P12 tourney it will be a 7-loss 4-seed.

It is likely that out of the following 10 most difficult remaining games that 5 will be losses:

@ Oregon: we always lose to a crappy team on the road and we have shown little composure on the road
@ Oregon State: ditto. Split the Ore trip
Utah: this team actually took care of UNLV at the T&M just a few days before we lost to them. TJ and York will not be able to contain Wright and Lord knows we won't play a zone to hide our defensive weak spots. Best case we split the Utah series
@ Bay Area: We'll lose 1-2 of these. Cal and Stanford are both looking tough, and again, road games
@ASU: Not likely but again last year's loss wasn't likely. Is TJ or Rondae going to help shoot them out of their zone at 27% shooting?
@UW: guaranteed loss
UCLA: I think we pull this out but UCLA seems to always have UA's number
@Utah: guaranteed loss
Stanford: I can see them beating UA at McKale, they won @Texas and won @UCONN last year

None of you nostradamus's see 5 losses in the above, ok pass the swisher sweets :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You heard it here first gents. No reason to even watch the rest of the season. azdoubledown knows all.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:You heard it here first gents. No reason to even watch the rest of the season. azdoubledown knows all.

AKA the dmjcat of the basketball boards.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azdoubledown wrote:If this team loses a MERE 5 times in conference and then of course we ALWAYS lose in the P12 tourney it will be a 7-loss 4-seed.

It is likely that out of the following 10 most difficult remaining games that 5 will be losses:

@ Oregon: we always lose to a crappy team on the road and we have shown little composure on the road
Utah: this team actually took care of UNLV at the T&M just a few days before we lost to them. TJ and York will not be able to contain Wright and Lord knows we won't play a zone to hide our defensive weak spots. Best case we split the Utah series
@ Bay Area: We'll lose 1-2 of these. Cal and Stanford are both looking tough, and again, road games
@ASU: Not likely but again last year's loss wasn't likely. Is TJ or Rondae going to help shoot them out of their zone at 27% shooting?
Stanford: I can see them beating UA at McKale, they won @Texas and won @UCONN last year

None of you nostradamus's see 5 losses in the above, ok pass the swisher sweets :lol:
The only ones we have any business losing are @Utah, @UW, and @ one of the Bay Area schools. Any other losses would be considerable upsets, given where this team started the season, the games they've already won, and where most of us still expect them to go.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azdoubledown wrote:If this team loses a MERE 5 times in conference and then of course we ALWAYS lose in the P12 tourney it will be a 7-loss 4-seed.

No kidding, this is DMJ reincarnate. 6-6, lose at wazzu and Utah, not be favored after the USC loss. How did that end up.

We miss NJ and jis defense and Gordon took a lot of. Pressure off Zuess and Ashley
We met a historic rival with an amped crowd and airline tickets on our hands for home. Couple thst with some MWC (see New Mexico) shady officiating and bam, we have an upset.

We will not n lose to ASSU nor will we lose to UCLA at home. Losses in conference would put us at 27-4. That is good for a protected seed in the west. Get back to me when we lose a game that really counts
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm glad some of you weren't around for the 92 loss in the first round to Santa Clara. One of the most embarrassing losses in NCAA history. But hey, CSM can't coach and Lute was infallible right? Shit happens folks, enjoy the ride. We were fortunate to have Lute & we are fortunate to have CSM!

Go Cats!
Machina

Post by Machina »

Bosy Billups wrote:***FYI*** We didn't get blown out.

Relax people.

Relax.

Good teams avoid close games to middle and low level opponents. Arizona does not avoid those games