There was a game today

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

There was a game today

Post by gumby »

Guess everyone's too worried about 1 seed prospects to talk about the games.

Loved Stanley and Rondae operating at close range. Meanwhile, Ashley with three threes and Tarc's face-up jumper. Rondae and Stanley also got more boards than Ashley and Tarc. They're just better rebounders.

Team defense was excellent. Forced ASU to turn it over a lot.

Good minutes from PJC and Ristic. Parker gambled once and got an earful. Ristic is a natural scorer. Nice to hear Raftery (my fave) acknowledging Tarc's sound defense.

First 15 points: Four threes and three free throws after a three. Talk about implausible starts.

McKale looked Big Time on TV. Great job on the renovation.

All in all, looks like Miller got their attention, and what happened in Vegas stayed there.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Re: There was a game today

Post by Longhorned »

Offense: Weren't we supposed to worry about a logjam with SJ and RHJ out there together? The team shot 50% because they took good shots. They took good shots because the offense flowed like an ... offense.

Defense: No field goal for ASU over the final 9:32 of the game.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Yep and I attended and it was great. Cats looked fantastic.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:Offense: Weren't we supposed to worry about a logjam with SJ and RHJ out there together? The team shot 50% because they took good shots. They took good shots because the offense flowed like an ... offense.

Defense: No field goal for ASU over the final 9:32 of the game.
They can co-exist nicely if they get into the lane and Ashley floats to the wing.

By the way, which dude was Savon Goodman? Heard he was trouble.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

Thought rondae was gonna be close to a triple double at half time (had all of his assists in 1st half).

Stanley is smooth for a dude who is his size. That spin move in the lane in the first half followed by the floater on the fast break was nice.

Ashley is pretty automatic on the catch and shoot 3 which really helps to open up our offense. Cracks me up that announcers still reference us as a bad 3 point shooting team, I think we are 2nd in the conference in 3p%.

PJC is deceptively quick. He made a few guys look silly on defense but missed some easy shots.

Looks like Ristic's defense is improving and he had 9pts 5 rb in 11 minutes.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Pregame KenPom: .9140
Postgame KenPom: .9235

Weirdly enough, even with that jump, our AdjO and AdjD did not change.

Pregame AdjO: 28
Postgame AdjO: 28

Pregame AdjD: 9
Postgame AdjD: 8
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

Ashley and Ristic work very well together. Lots of communication and trust between those two when they are together on the court.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

We moved the ball well early, hit 4 of our first 5 three's, played great D the entire game and it was never really a game.

ASU has no point guard. 13TOs and 1 assist from their guards. Hard to be competitive with that kind of play from the backcourt.

Most ho-hum PAC-12 game I have seen at McKale in a long time.

ASU SUCKS

BTFD!
gumby

Post by gumby »

luteformayor2 wrote:Pregame KenPom: .9140
Postgame KenPom: .9235

Weirdly enough, even with that jump, our AdjO and AdjD did not change.

Pregame AdjO: 28
Postgame AdjO: 28

Pregame AdjD: 9
Postgame AdjD: 8
He's a hard man, that Ken. Hard plastic, as I recall.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

gumby wrote:Guess everyone's too worried about 1 seed prospects to talk about the games.
I wonder if being on FS1 prevented some (more than the usual amount) people from seeing the game.

I was stuck on the couch listening via radio, but for the parts I heard we didn't sound too bad. Would have preferred a second half similar in point production to the first, but it's not like we needed it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Machina

Post by Machina »

Not sure why FS1 would be an issue.

Went down to the game. Was happy with what I saw for the most part. A group of us went and discussed the state of the team at length before the game and most of us thought we saw some of the things we wanted to see.

Still not sure we have seen this Arizona team play to the level of their talent based on recruiting, but this team is good. Just not sure we have seen it yet, besides maybe the Michigan game, where you would think the team could have a good game against Duke or Kentucky
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Machina wrote:Not sure why FS1 would be an issue.

Went down to the game. Was happy with what I saw for the most part. A group of us went and discussed the state of the team at length before the game and most of us thought we saw some of the things we wanted to see.

Still not sure we have seen this Arizona team play to the level of their talent based on recruiting, but this team is good. Just not sure we have seen it yet, besides maybe the Michigan game, where you would think the team could have a good game against Duke or Kentucky
Did you hear Miller yelling at fans again?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

:lol:

I could hear this ONE GUY heckling the Huskies during the Stanford game. Other gyms sure are quiet when we aren't there.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

If this wasn't ASU, and say a bland team like OSU or WSU, this game would have been incredibly boring

gumby wrote::lol:

I could hear this ONE GUY heckling the Huskies during the Stanford game. Other gyms sure are quiet when we aren't there.

I have never seen or even heard of a Stanford heckler.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Could've been a ventriloquist, but I definitely heard something!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Did this group also discuss that time you said Sean Miller blamed a loss on the fans and then tried to pretend you never said anything by ignoring everyone asking for an explanation?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:

Did this group also discuss that time you said Sean Miller blamed a loss on the fans and then tried to pretend you never said anything by ignoring everyone asking for an explanation?
Machina is really the worst kind of "fan". He likes to brag about his fandom, while belittling or criticizing others...and also throws flat-out lies about the team for which he says he is a fan of. To top it off, he then pretends he didn't say or write anything and that it is taken out of context, and then begs those who point it out to not go on a "personal attack".

Things really haven't changed with him, they've only gotten worse.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Machina

Post by Machina »

There are more than enough hints out there

Really hope the fire that was seen out of some of the players on Sunday continues on Thursday. Thursday will not be a lay up.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I stand by my prior post.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Machina wrote:There are more than enough hints out there

Really hope the fire that was seen out of some of the players on Sunday continues on Thursday. Thursday will not be a lay up.
"There are more than enough hints out there" = I can see things you can't see, and in such a way that you should value when I say that Sean Miller blamed a loss on Arizona fans. That's something you can only understand if you can see what I see, so keep thinking about me. If you're not distressed at what's happening to the program right now, then you're just not paying attention.

"Really hope the fire that was seen out of some of the players on Sunday continues on Thursday. Thursday will not be a lay up." = See? I'm a real fan! But some players have fire right now, and some don't. When you think about it, whose fault is that, really? Do you see the problem? No, you don't. So keep playing close attention to what I have to say.
gumby

Post by gumby »

So many hints, in fact, that he can't find any.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There is more than enough Machina in every thread I read.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There's literally not a single poster on these boards who's fooled by Machina's claims, hints, and insinuations about Sean Miller and the program. That's actually the problem: It's so transparent that it's constantly embarrassing to see. This repeated pattern of suggestions meant to position himself as the one who sees things without blinders, who's just being honest about his incisive observations that are supposedly worth the cost of derailing conversations, who sacrifices more than others for the sake of a program that may not deserve him, and who ends up persecuted for having the clarity and directness to perceive and share things as they really are. Never mind that he refuses to acknowledge requests that he document his recent claim that Sean Miller blamed the fans for a recent loss. Never mind that "there are enough hints out there" (and all the similar attempts to drop pregnant-sounding, vacuous statements). Maybe we can make him a moderator here.