Thanks 'Tah

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RiseAndFire

Thanks 'Tah

Post by RiseAndFire »

for that super nasty M2M defense - brilliant!

UA make 1 three pointer and only attempt 7, a blistering 14% yet Utah is blown out by 18!!

Thanks Tah! :mrgreen:

:idea: To all opponents: Zone defense isn't the defense you're looking for, play Arizona man-2-man, move along, move along
Olsondogg

Re: Thanks 'Tah

Post by Olsondogg »

Sat next to Tah fans at pac tourney last year. Dude was running his mouth prior to top about how we were not as good as advertised.

He looked up at the scoreboard at half and realized that there was a large gap between the teams.

He did the same thing last night.

Tah fans think they are equivalent. Then they complain how annoying Arizona fans are. They very well may beat us in slc, but the gap between programs is like the Grand Canyon.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Olsondogg wrote:Sat next to Tah fans at pac tourney last year. Dude was running his mouth prior to top about how we were not as good as advertised.

He looked up at the scoreboard at half and realized that there was a large gap between the teams.

Tah fans think they are equivalent. Then they complain how annoying Arizona fans are. They very well may beat us in slc, but the gap between programs is like the Grand Canyon.
This isn't anything new. Colorado fans were saying the same thing a couple of years ago. Washington fans before that. What I see is that other teams may have a good run for a few years, but inevitably fall back to mediocrity, Washington being the perfect example. The same thing has happened with Colorado, Stanford, Oregon, and even UCLA. What sets us apart is the Cats consistency near the top. We are always one of the teams fighting for the conference championship. And only a couple years when transitioning coaches were we less than one of the best in the conference.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Catintheheat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Sat next to Tah fans at pac tourney last year. Dude was running his mouth prior to top about how we were not as good as advertised.

This isn't anything new. Colorado fans were saying the same thing a couple of years ago. Washington fans before that. What I see is that other teams may have a good run for a few years, but inevitably fall back to mediocrity, Washington being the perfect example. The same thing has happened with Colorado, Stanford, Oregon, and even UCLA. What sets us apart is the Cats consistency near the top. We are always one of the teams fighting for the conference championship. And only a couple years when transitioning coaches were we less than one of the best in the conference.

Exactly. Excellent post, I put this same post in a different thread the other day.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Reaching 'Rado territory for me.

Some 'Tah fan.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1698137
Arizona's basketball skills: Good, but nothing special. Maybe 3rd or 4th in the conference.
Arizona's physicality: MMA level; absolutely elite. Arizona played out of control violent and the refs rewarded them for it again and again. Smart, smart, super smart game plan on their part.
Arizona's mental toughness: Nationally elite
Arizona's effort level: Extremely elite. Maybe the best in the entire NCAA. This is the #1 reason they will go impressively deep in the NCAA tournament with NIT basketball skills.
Arizona's big game mojo: Unquestionably elite

Utah's basketball skills: Almost elite, but not quite there.
Utah's physicality: High against finesse teams, but wilts like spinach under high heat against teams that play like teeth kicking brawlers. See: Arizona and SDSU
Utah's mental toughness: High, but nothing even close to Arizona's. Utah straight gave up during multiple stretches while Arizona maintained extreme focus during every second, from tip to buzzer.
Utah's effort level: High, but nothing even close to Arizona's. This is the single most controllable metric in all of sports and Utah failed spectacularly tonight. This one is entirely on the coaches and players. Simply unacceptable in any game.
Utah's big game mojo: Inconsistent. A lack of big game mojo can keep a final four quality team from even making the sweet sixteen. This ties back in to mental toughness and effort level.
and there's more. Read the link if you want a good laugh to start the day.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

"Fan"is normally short for "fanatic". In this case it's short for "delusional".
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What are "basketball skills"?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Reaching 'Rado territory for me.

Some 'Tah fan.

Arizona's basketball skills: Good, but nothing special. Maybe 3rd or 4th in the conference.
Arizona's physicality: MMA level; absolutely elite. Arizona played out of control violent and the refs rewarded them for it again and again. Smart, smart, super smart game plan on their part.
Arizona's effort level: Extremely elite. Maybe the best in the entire NCAA. This is the #1 reason they will go impressively deep in the NCAA tournament with NIT basketball skills.

Utah's physicality: High against finesse teams, but wilts like spinach under high heat against teams that play like teeth kicking brawlers. See: Arizona and SDSU
Utah's mental toughness: High, but nothing even close to Arizona's. Utah straight gave up during multiple stretches while Arizona maintained extreme focus during every second, from tip to buzzer.
Utah's effort level: High, but nothing even close to Arizona's. This is the single most controllable metric in all of sports and Utah failed spectacularly tonight. This one is entirely on the coaches and players. Simply unacceptable in any game.
Utah's big game mojo: Inconsistent. A lack of big game mojo can keep a final four quality team from even making the sweet sixteen. This ties back in to mental toughness and effort level.
Thanks for posting this link.

In all my years of watching U of A basketball and that's since freshman year 1981, I've never heard or seen us called U of A holes. Thats a new one. :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Utah has good fans from a support standpoint and a good history but they are about the worse fans to be around. They are the guy who if you wete playong would take your knee out, undercut you as you went gor a layup, push you from behind and then throw his Arms up and say "what".

Going to be crazy up in Salt Lake but should be really fun in Vegas. It will be like cats living with dogs. Oil trying to mix with water.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

Longhorned wrote:What are "basketball skills"?
Jump shooting, probably. Maybe freethrow shooting too.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azpatnca wrote:
Jump shooting, probably. Maybe freethrow shooting too.
Thanks. So probably not scoring in the paint, getting to the line, rebounding, and defense. Maybe those are cricket skills.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

It's code for "scoring points" which itself, of course, is code for something else.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

Funny thing is Utah started out in a zone and it was effective for the first part of the game when they took that lead early, then for some strange reason they went to man and that was all she wrote. A real head scratcher that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Personally I couldn't give one single fuck about what opposing fans think of us, or the team which we support. I love the hatred...I hope every opposing fan base hates us.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Similar too bo staff skills, but with a basketball skills. Girls like guys with skills.
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

splitsecond wrote:
Similar too bo staff skills, but with a basketball skills. Girls like guys with skills.
Like nunchuck skills?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:Personally I couldn't give one single fuck about what opposing fans think of us, or the team which we support. I love the hatred...I hope every opposing fan base hates us.
No one hates shitty teams.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:Reaching 'Rado territory for me.

Some 'Tah fan.

Awful format for a message board.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Personally I couldn't give one single fuck about what opposing fans think of us, or the team which we support. I love the hatred...I hope every opposing fan base hates us.
Not true. My hatred of ASU is strong.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Not true. My hatred of ASU is strong.
That's different and very understandable. We hate them just because they're ASSu. We hate the football team, basketball team, baseball team, and the debate team. We hate their fans even more. If Duke never amounted to anything in hoops we wouldn't give a flying fuck about them.
Last edited by azgreg on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I still hate Illinois. They've sucked for years.

I get what you're saying...it's not an active hatred, like I don't wake up in the morning and think "I fuckin hate the Illini"...

But I love Bill Murray, and still can't get over him clapping at that game.

I hate that shitty program.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:I still hate Illinois. They've sucked for years.

I get what you're saying...it's not an active hatred, like I don't wake up in the morning and think "I fuckin hate the Illini"...

But I love Bill Murray, and still can't get over him clapping at that game.

I hate that shitty program.
What I hate almost as much as Illinois is the fact that two freshman-to-graduated generations of Illinois and Arizona students have come and gone without having any idea that there's any kind of rivalry or bad blood between the programs. Illinois students just freely wear Arizona gear on the quad like it was the University of Hawaii at Hilo or something. They have no idea that we've ever played against each other.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ive said it before and i will say it again, Utah has the worst fans in the country.

the worst
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Arizona had Luther 'Lute' Olson who earned a Master's Degree from Long Beach City College long before arriving in Tucson.

Utah had Luther 'Ticky' Burden who attended Attica State after leaving Salt Lake City.