A case study in dignity...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

A case study in dignity...

Post by Harvey Specter »

Watch Miller's presser; it just finished on EPSNN right now, but I am sure it will be online.

For as disappointed as everyone is over this loss, imagine how he and the players feel. He was a bit feisty at the opening - understandably, but not over the top. He was as brutally honest and candid as he always is, and finds a way to keep things in persepective even at the most trying times.

He basically said that if someone told him we would have 10 TO's, win the rebounding battle by 1, shoot 56% from the field, and go 28-30 from the foul line - he would not have believed we could lose.

He admitted feeling snakebit in the Elite 8 ("No question... Losing this game 4 times in 7 years is probably a record, isn't it?) and actually laughed when someone confirmed that Wiscy had gone 10-12 from 3 in the 2nd half. He pretty much said "Maybe Kentucky is good enough to beat Wisconsin if they shoot that way, but IF they are - they are the ONLY ones". He heaped praise on Kaminsky and Dekker, very sincerely.

Life does not always go your way... How you handle the moments when it doesn't is a window to your character. Our coach has it in spades.

Would. Not. Trade.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Re: A case study in dignity...

Post by CalStateTempe »

Completely. Class act.

That pressor was good to watch and helpful. Very very helpful.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

didnt watch but not the least bit surprised

I am not lying when I say there is not a single coach in the country I would rather have. Sometimes it takes a while for the best to get the breaks.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sean Miller is the right coach for Arizona.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Good things will come one day. I have a feeling the breakthrough is going to happen when it is least expected from both our fans and the media.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

WildcatStunner wrote:Good things will come one day. I have a feeling the breakthrough is going to happen when it is least expected from both our fans and the media.
Yup. If we can keep him for the long-term I would be surprised if he didn't pull in 3-4 FFs and a title or two.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
elriop20

Post by elriop20 »

Couldn't ask for a better coach.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Loved his opening statement. Paraphrased - These guys have been in the top ten the entire past two seasons, won 69 games in those two years, won the Pac-12 twice... if you have a problem with that you know what you can do with it.
Salty

Post by Salty »

No coach I would rather have over Miller
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Part of the allure of Miller is his youth and room to grow. hopefully he learned something today because the in- game coaching part could be better
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You will not beat 15-19 and 10-12 threes no matter who you are. Wisconsin won that game, we didn't lose it
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Jason at the other site basically said (I'm paraphrasing), "this game/end of the season isn't nearly as tough of a pill to swallow as last year."

I could not agree more.

I'm heartbroken & grumpy as all fuck.

BUT to TJ & all of the young men who will not be back - thanks for the ride. Hats off.

To Coach, Gabe, Elliot, the newcomers & any of my men who may be returning - thanks for honoring the process. Can't wait to live & die with you again each & every game next year. Salud. Much love.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I'm more worn down than anything else, especially after the last five days.

As a huge Arizona basketball fan, you just can't help but project your personal status onto how the Wildcats end their season.

All I can say is, apparently with all this sh*t that was "meant to be," this week was apparently meant to break me, so someone out there can feel plenty happy about that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The right person is leading this program. That is not debatable.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

Love Miller...he is a stand up guy who cares immensely about UA and the players that come thru the system , as well as the fans and alumni. He recruits as well as anyone and prepares the guys to win a ton of games year in/year out. As long as we have him the program will be in great shape.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Will someone provide a link of the FULL presser??
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »