Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BibbysTowelDude

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

I can't believe this crap.... How many times does this kid need to be fucked over by the people who are "supposed" to have his best interest at heart? I've practically become robotic over the last decade but I feel for Zo.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I can't believe this crap.... How many times does this kid need to be fucked over by the people who are "supposed" to have his best interest at heart? I've practically become robotic over the last decade but I feel for Zo.
Zo doesnt deserve any of this bullshit.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Also best case scenario short of NCAA coming to its senses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is to sit him out until the first round of the big dance and then let him play. We keep regular season and or PAC-12 Tourney titles. They can vacate a bad NCAA run, or they can vacate a final four/title run. NCAA can act like it never happened but we'll all know it did. Hang the fucking banner until eternity too if it happens. Just don't put the NCAA name or logo on it ha.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

You guys wonder why he’s an assassin that plays hero ball. Shit like this will do that to anyone.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:You guys wonder why he’s an assassin that plays hero ball. Shit like this will do that to anyone.
Interesting take.

I do feel bad for Zo. He seems innocent here, and he's repped the program well during his years in Tucson. Hopefully he gets some better news in the coming days.

Like I said, Bilas is a lawyer and knows his shit. If he's saying this ruling is bogus, there's a chance this gets overturned.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

I assume that he's been tested between when he was re-instated and now, why the fuck is *whatever the banned substance is* showing up again????? What the hell is going on???
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Trier should sue the NCAA. They are jeopardizing his opportunity at financial freedom. Also tack on punitive damages for the mental anguish.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

zonagrad wrote:Trier should sue the NCAA. They are jeopardizing his opportunity at financial freedom. Also tack on punitive damages for the mental anguish.

I’m no lawyer but I approve this message.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I can't believe this crap.... How many times does this kid need to be fucked over by the people who are "supposed" to have his best interest at heart? I've practically become robotic over the last decade but I feel for Zo.
The impact for idiotic decisions like this goes well past Zo. This is the shit that sends kids to Europe or gives legs to the idea of morons like LeVar Ball starting a developmental league.
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

Beachcat97 wrote:Bilas on our side gives me hope. He's the smartest, most ethical college hoops commentator.
It's all about the NCAA's response time and how quickly the levels can get below whatever the threshold is.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

qwertyus wrote:I assume that he's been tested between when he was re-instated and now, why the fuck is *whatever the banned substance is* showing up again????? What the hell is going on???
Substances can be stored in body cells and reemerge in later tests. One way in which the NCAA tests make zero sense is the lack of accounting for this vs when a substance is actually active.

His body had some of the substance recur from storage. It's arbitrary in every way.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

This is just setting up for an epic NCAA run and something that makes all this shit worth it.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Alex Barcello could be our Nick Foles.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

jsbowl16 wrote:Alex Barcello could be our Nick Foles.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah, right.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Olsondogg wrote:
zonagrad wrote:Trier should sue the NCAA. They are jeopardizing his opportunity at financial freedom. Also tack on punitive damages for the mental anguish.

I’m no lawyer but I approve this message.
X3
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

X4

Cats should just let him play in the tourney.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Olsondogg wrote:This is just setting up for an epic NCAA run and something that makes all this shit worth it.
With all that's happened and yet to happen nothing would surprise me at this point. Never in all my years as a Cat fan can I remember a season with so much drama. Expecting the unexpected has become the norm this year. For some reason I think Trier may be back but down deep I know that's very unlikely. It will be interesting to see who rises up to the occasion. What a season it's been.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

With this team, the only one I can see rising up to the occasion is PJC. Without Trier, I think PJC will do a lot more scoring. I just don't really see anyone on the bench who would/could step it up. So depressing to have only one freshman who is contributing
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BBQ wildcat wrote:With this team, the only one I can see rising up to the occasion is PJC. Without Trier, I think PJC will do a lot more scoring. I just don't really see anyone on the bench who would/could step it up. So depressing to have only one freshman who is contributing
Yeah I was hoping the freshman would be more influential at this point but it just hasn't worked out. Alkins and PJC will just have to score more and hopefully someone like Smith can provide a spark.
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

This can't be f'ing real life...I hate the NCAA more than ever
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Well smith seems to do better as a starter. Let's just hope Randolph can do his part. Hope it gets cleared up by next game
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Trier has a lawyer pulling every legal lever that exists, so if there's any possible way to restore his eligibility, it will happen. This is obviously time-sensitive, and I wonder if the NCAA could be liable for personal damages if they sit on this for a month.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i immediately inquired about double jeopardy and the inability to be guilty and punished twice after cleared of the same crime???

seems like a fishing expedition to me...

i was told “the NCAA gives no shit about anyone”.

very comforting
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The NCAA has no business punishing anyone for drugs that it doesn't understand.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

when I first heard about this, i misunderstood, thought he had taken something new.

after hearing/reading what is actually going on....just fuck the ncaa, seriously they can do die in a fire
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Alieberman wrote:I honestly don't care if I see any personal attacks on Machina... I'm so sick of the BS he brings here day in and day out just to be contrarian.
duly noted :lol: :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Ray Smith tears his ACL 3 times.

Wisconsin beats us twice in the EE.

Zo pops dirty twice for the same thing twice.

I can't emotionally invest in this any more.
Right there with you. Draining.

Feel horrible for Zo and Miller.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I hate quoting Goodman. But.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks for posting that Odogg,

I feel really awful for Trier and a horrible terrible thing to have to deal with.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:I hate quoting Goodman. But.
That's what doubly pisses me off about the NCAA. All the stuff out there, and they're ****ing with Trier...why?
prh

Post by prh »

NCAA wants people to return to school, maybe they shouldn't pull horse shit like this
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Would media backlash put pressure on the NCAA to act rationally about this? This really is the most punitive and senseless thing imaginable.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The contracts, the constant movement of players and the greed of owners has ruined all the sports I used to love. The NCAA is killing the one sport I have left that I still love.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's that familiar symptom of insanity where I keep hitting the refresh button in hopes of some kind of news or indication about the Trier situation. Even on websites that have nothing to do with it.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

So after soaking up all the information that came out tonight...

Are we essentially back into the 2016-2017 holding pattern of Trier being tested weekly and him being cleared when levels of whatever drug are below the threshold?

If so call me delusional in wondering if he hydrates and can be ruled eligible for next weeks games. The guy was probably hungover or something when he had the random early morning test.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

We are due break sometime you'd think. Of course, not Zo's fault to begin with so that would be asking too much.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

If Miller is hopeful it can be resolved by tommorow I am too.
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

NYCat wrote:If Miller is hopeful it can be resolved by tommorow I am too.
Did CSM allude to this in post-game?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:Would media backlash put pressure on the NCAA to act rationally about this? This really is the most punitive and senseless thing imaginable.
The media backlash has been impressive, it’s the only thing giving my hope with this situation.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

jajoyce wrote:
NYCat wrote:If Miller is hopeful it can be resolved by tommorow I am too.
Did CSM allude to this in post-game?

See Moreno's tweet above
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:So after soaking up all the information that came out tonight...

Are we essentially back into the 2016-2017 holding pattern of Trier being tested weekly and him being cleared when levels of whatever drug are below the threshold?

If so call me delusional in wondering if he hydrates and can be ruled eligible for next weeks games. The guy was probably hungover or something when he had the random early morning test.
I think so, though the appeal is about breaking out of that pattern. The original appeal allowed him to return once the substance was out of his system. This new decision renegs on those terms by declaring him ineligible after he satisfied the terms of the original appeal.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Longhorned wrote:
I think so, though the appeal is about breaking out of that pattern. The original appeal allowed him to return once the substance was out of his system. This new decision renegs on those terms by declaring him ineligible after he satisfied the terms of the original appeal.
This is ludicrous. Not surprising with the NCAA, but wow. Curious what the by-laws are for this type of situation. If the NCAA sticks to this line I would love to see Trier's representation take them to court and see how this joke of an organization holds up.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Olsondogg wrote:The contracts, the constant movement of players and the greed of owners has ruined all the sports I used to love. The NCAA is killing the one sport I have left that I still love.
This!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Good point.
That's just because you're an asshole.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fu#k the NCAA. Call, email and tell them they suck Rick Majerus balls. Time to take action on this BS
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

We can say fuck BTW, no need to censor it

Fuck the NCAA
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

NYCat wrote:We can say fuck BTW, no need to censor it

Fuck the NCAA
Good then. So tired of these corrupt mother fuckers.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:Fu#k the NCAA. Call, email and tell them they suck Rick Majerus balls. Time to take action on this BS

Hey now, let Coach Majerus rest in peace.

Fuck the NCAA
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Porca putana. Va fan culo, NCAA. Non me ne sbatte un cazzo.