Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Beachcat97 »

If Trier is cleared, watch out. This team now has a rather large chip on its shoulder.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

All true fans want you with us circling the wagons, Catgrad.
Do not feed the trolls, even those disguised as Wildcats. :twisted:
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:Bruce was just on 1580 here in Phoenix being clueless but he did say he believes we hear more on Trier soon
Columbo doesn't have any more info than the man on the street.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

DiehardDave37 wrote:All true fans want you with us circling the wagons, Catgrad.
Do not feed the trolls, even those disguised as Wildcats. :twisted:
Message received, Dave. :D

Like most of the rest of you, this was my single busiest day on Twitter ever.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
DrWildcat wrote:So does anyone think Allonzo will actually be cleared? Seems like the NCAA clears players (i.e. Duke, MSU etc.) within hours if they really want to. I have a feeling they don't really want to in this case. Hope I'm wrong.
Just speculating but I think Trier is done at AZ. The NCAA rules call for a season long suspension following a 2nd positive test. Its possible they could clear him if he passes a 2nd test, but we all know from last year how long it takes for this crap to get out of ones system.

The FBI mess certainly isn't helping our cause either.
Disagree. Think he plays in one or both games this week.

Beach: Don't know if you saw this article in the Tucson paper. The drug testing experts think that Trier has an "Uphill Battle". Personally, I don't expect to see Trier or Miller again this year.............or next (Hope I'm wrong)

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 49d7d.html" target="_blank
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Don Catlin, founder and former director of the UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory, questioned whether it was plausible for a detectable amount of Ostarine to stay in an athlete’s system for more than 400 days. It added to Catlin’s skepticism that Trier passed multiple random drug screenings in between the NCAA lifting his 19-game suspension 13 months ago and his most recent positive test in late January.

“If the original positive finding was indeed due to inadvertent use of Ostarine in a drink provided by Trier’s father, as opposed to purposeful use of an Ostarine supplement by Trier, then it would be highly unlikely that he would test positive a year later from the original inadvertent use,” Catlin told Yahoo Sports. “Certainly a number of negative results in between support the conclusion that the most recent positive was not connected to the original inadvertent use.

“While hydration, which can affect pH of a urine sample, could be a factor and can influence results, it would not seem a very plausible explanation for a positive drug test occurring a year after inadvertent use of Ostarine. The pH of the negative samples in between could be compared to that of the original and recent positive to evaluate that further.”
exonerating him by now. The dehydration theory Thompson has floated doesn’t hold much merit to Ferguson either because Trier has now had ample time to down as much water as he pleases before retesting himself.

That leaves Ferguson considering two weird possibilities: Trier taking the same drug a second time knowing he’s going to get tested or a trace amount of Ostarine reappearing in Trier’s body out of nowhere despite multiple negative tests since the original ingestion. Ferguson noted that Ostarine typically has a half life of approximately 24 hours, meaning that the amount in the average person’s system should reduce by half each day until it exponentially decays and clears from the body.

“Some people have different levels of enzymes to process drug molecules and things can linger longer, but even if he has deficiencies in his clearance, it wouldn’t go to zero and then come back,” Ferguson said. “That’s highly unlikely unless there was something really odd going on.”
Doctors Duane Miller and James Dalton created Ostarine about 20 years ago in hopes that it would combat muscle atrophy that affects cancer patients and treat the withering of old age. The unsanctioned drug has not been sufficiently tested to be sold legally for human consumption, but dozens of websites peddle Ostarine and other selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs).

The product has obvious appeal for athletes and body builders because of its muscle-building and fat-burning properties. It accelerates muscle growth without the hair loss, skin problems and excess estrogen associated with testosterone and anabolic steroids.

“You do research to pick that drug,” Ferguson said. “You don’t pick that one by accident. That particular drug is pretty good at targeting muscle and bone and not causing the side effects of anabolic steroids. You don’t get enlargement of your breasts, you don’t get changing of your voice.”
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Fwiw that story is complete bullshit. The only accurate thing it points out is that Zo's original story that the NCAA cleared is probably BS, which I won't comment on either way here (it's a done deal either way so he should've reported this last year if he had an issue with it), but the NCAA tests for metabolites in your body. Ostarine and other SARM metabolites can stay in your system for up to 18 months. All it takes is for your body to metabolize it randomly and you'll likely see a trace amount on a test.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Either way I doubt we see Trier in a Arizona uniform again
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

NYCat wrote:Either way I doubt we see Trier in a Arizona uniform again
Depends all on his piss.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

And the NCAA acting quickly, which they never do.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NYCat wrote:And the NCAA acting quickly, which they never do.
Not for Arizona anyway.

NCAA cleared Miles Bridges rather quickly.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Then why did Miller say he expected a fast resolution?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Legally they need to
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Merkin wrote:
Not for Arizona anyway.

Because he donated the cost of the meal ($40) to charity
Last edited by NYCat on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

All i know is that if he isn't cleared it will be because not enough of you are in the middle of the road bearing down like you are supposed to be doing
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

NYCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Not for Arizona anyway.

Trier should donate his kidneys to the NCAA, problem solved.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

CalStateTempe wrote:
NYCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Not for Arizona anyway.

Trier should donate his kidneys to the NCAA, problem solved.
:lol:
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And that so-called expert was from UCLA. Just sayin....

Shit, I've become so paranoid lately. Wonder why???
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

EastCoastCat wrote:And that so-called expert was from UCLA. Just sayin....

Shit, I've become so paranoid lately. Wonder why???
He really is the expert in doping. Like - wrote the book, took down BALCO and the Russians, expert.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

When the creators of the drug chime in and say his case is weird, and that it is usually out of your system in 1 week, then it doesn't look good for Trier. They do acknowledge that it might have been compartmentalized somewhere in his body and then left when they tested him, but based on what they were saying it didn't look all that great.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

The way this season is going, he won't be cleared. Without Trier or Miller, I won't be watching any postseason basketball.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

phxcat23 wrote:When the creators of the drug chime in and say his case is weird, and that it is usually out of your system in 1 week, then it doesn't look good for Trier. They do acknowledge that it might have been compartmentalized somewhere in his body and then left when they tested him, but based on what they were saying it didn't look all that great.
If it's usually out of your system in one week, then why did Trier test positive for months in 2016-17? That whole time, the issue was that it was stored in his body fat. Are we supposed to believe that the problem was that he kept taking the stuff during all of those weekly tests, and now is taking it again? This isn't heroine. It's not addictive.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

I don't think he'd be dumb enough to take it again, but if it was actually completely out of his system, kind of strange it shows up again a year later. They do say that it could have been retained in "some body tissue that we've never figured out." And with the NCAA not allowing more tests like the last time, and all the other crap we're dealing with, I doubt they are going to budge unless his lawyer can put more pressure on the situation.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

BBQ wildcat wrote:The way this season is going, he won't be cleared. Without Trier or Miller, I won't be watching any postseason basketball.
Wrong. The way this season is going they will find a trace in Lute's piss and vacate the 1997 Natty.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

#freezo
Last edited by CatHoops on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

LBdCactus wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:The way this season is going, he won't be cleared. Without Trier or Miller, I won't be watching any postseason basketball.
Wrong. The way this season is going they will find a trace in Lute's piss and vacate the 1997 Natty.
They'll clear him the day after the season ends. Just seems like par for the course the way this season has gone.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Is Zo and the team expected to get test results tomorrow?

Seemed like something that was insinuated by more knowledgable posters in the Sean Miller thread

Unless I'm just mistaking it for hopefulness :lol:
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:When the creators of the drug chime in and say his case is weird, and that it is usually out of your system in 1 week, then it doesn't look good for Trier. They do acknowledge that it might have been compartmentalized somewhere in his body and then left when they tested him, but based on what they were saying it didn't look all that great.
If it's usually out of your system in one week, then why did Trier test positive for months in 2016-17? That whole time, the issue was that it was stored in his body fat. Are we supposed to believe that the problem was that he kept taking the stuff during all of those weekly tests, and now is taking it again? This isn't heroine. It's not addictive.
One of the things I discovered when reading up about Ostarine is that there have been documented accounts of athletes that have failed drug tests because they were taking salt tablets that were packaged at a drug mill that also packaged Ostarine and did not separate tablet machines thus contaminating the simple salt tablets with very trace amounts...it lasted for months...and that was not even a dose of it, just trace residual from a packaging machine.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Heard he tested today. His and rawles twitter handle say #freethereal.
SteveKerrsStroke

CatHoops wrote:Heard he tested today. His and rawles twitter handle say #freethereal.
Taking a look at Trier's twitter likes is very entertaining, big fan of ODogg
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
CatHoops wrote:Heard he tested today. His and rawles twitter handle say #freethereal.
Taking a look at Trier's twitter likes is very entertaining, big fan of ODogg
Who isn’t?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
One of the things I discovered when reading up about Ostarine is that there have been documented accounts of athletes that have failed drug tests because they were taking salt tablets that were packaged at a drug mill that also packaged Ostarine and did not separate tablet machines thus contaminating the simple salt tablets with very trace amounts...it lasted for months...and that was not even a dose of it, just trace residual from a packaging machine.
This is crazy, the drug guy says it's gone in a week, it is weird that it's still around, yet trace amounts from a packaging machine ingested via contaminated salt pills can stick around for months?
Doesn't seem like both of these can be true about the same substance.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
This is crazy, the drug guy says it's gone in a week, it is weird that it's still around, yet trace amounts from a packaging machine ingested via contaminated salt pills can stick around for months?
Doesn't seem like both of these can be true about the same substance.
The labs don't test for the drug itself they test for the enzymes and and the modified hormones that look like normal body receptors but are synthetic. Because it is designed to release its payload through fat the body often absorbs it and treats just like it would a fat cell.

Thats the problem. Your lean body fat does not generally change, it is a reserve kept for when your body is in critical starvation and it is in this fat that the synthetic molecules get stored.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Well, if our athletes are starving to death I think it's safe to say that no one is giving them extra benefits. Boom. Miller cleared.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well it's a good thing that reasonable people with good information are making decisions that affect kids careers.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Phylek wrote:Well, if our athletes are starving to death I think it's safe to say that no one is giving them extra benefits. Boom. Miller cleared.
How did you do that? You’ll be working for Duke.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Bump *sigh*

I want any good news right now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Frybry02 wrote:Bump *sigh*

I want any good news right now.
That’s what I thought I was getting when I saw you replied to the thread.

:x
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I keep going back to Sean's comment about there being a fast resolution this time. I feel like he NEVER says that sort of thing unless he's confident about it.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Last time didn't he get tested every Monday with the results coming back Thursday mornings? Or was it Tuesday/Friday? I forget specifics.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

btfd16 wrote:Last time didn't he get tested every Monday with the results coming back Thursday mornings? Or was it Tuesday/Friday? I forget specifics.
I remember we didn't know he'd be playing vs. UCLA until pretty close to the actual game.
prh

Post by prh »

So....any movement here?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Did Zo test again in February? The suspension came from trace amounts in the January sample. I say test all week and send the results to the rules committee. We need him back to have a chance.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Get Premium
SteveKerrsStroke

Optimism or pessimism?
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

He tested Tuesday think ncaa has 48hrs to get it back
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:So....any movement here?
If that press conference is followed by Trier being back, it's definitely going to move.
CatzManiac

Post by CatzManiac »

Now we redirect all our worry to this thread?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
prh wrote:So....any movement here?
If that press conference is followed by Trier being back, it's definitely going to move.
6 to midnight faster then you can say Rick Pitino
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bald eagle gif x2?