Your Top 10 Favorite Cats

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Cats

Post by Harvey Specter »

97cats wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
What if Bibby were our starting pg this year....
no question in my mind Arizona would be undefeated and the number one team in the nation - no doubt about it whatsoever

for reference - 9-1 in conf play with this

32mpg - 7.9ppg - 36%fg - 37.5%3pt - 87.5%ft - 2.4rpg - 5.3apg - 1.2spg - 1.5tpg
Your point is fair, but I would say that is the 2nd best stat line from a PG we have had in the last 10 years.

Is he great? No... but I sure do not think he sucks as much as you do.

I like him a whole lot more than Lyons, Nic-Wizard, etc - and I thank the Lord that we do not have to suffer through watching Trier try to pretend he is a PG for 30+ mpg.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
no question in my mind Arizona would be undefeated and the number one team in the nation - no doubt about it whatsoever

It's sort of nuts that his fg% is lower than his 3 point % when the 3 point is only 37.5.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Your point is fair, but I would say that is the 2nd best stat line from a PG we have had in the last 10 years.
this statement is just not true

outside of 10/11 & 11/12 every other player at that spot has been much better on the stat line, and thats not even accounting for other intangibles like leadership, defense, toughness, and physical play, which Cartwright has zero to little real impact.

below is just one random season stat line i pulled from an AZ PG over the last 10years.

36.4mpg - 45.2%fg - 84.8%ft - 41.5%3pt - 15.7ppg - 2.5rpg - 4.6apg - 1.5spg - 2.9tpg
Harvey Specter wrote:Is he great?
certainly not
Harvey Specter wrote:... but I sure do not think he sucks as much as you do.
good for you
Harvey Specter wrote:I like him a whole lot more than Lyons, Nic-Wizard, etc
i dont - and im far from a Nic Wise and Mark Lyons selector if given the chance, but would so every time today, tomorrow, and every forthcoming Sunday over Cartwright.
Harvey Specter wrote: and I thank the Lord that we do not have to suffer through watching Trier try to pretend he is a PG for 30+ mpg.
fair

the main point of my statement, which i think you missed (maybe not) is that this team is exactly what i thought they would be at the beginning of the year with the PG they have.

super talented and capable of beating almost anyone, but an above average to strong PG away from being dominant.

its shown thru almost all season, non-conf and conf sessions -- the team lacking the toughness and organization to consistently put teams away and separate.

Arizona has played almost every game since the Bahamas in close fashion, making several easy games more difficult than need be and still being 9-1 in the conf because of the overall size and talent.

and his Pac12 stat line depicts exactly what he is, a non-factor outside of making a few good passes a game and not turning the ball over.

ive watched enough bball in my life to know whats needed come crunch time on the road feb/march, and a difference maker in both leadership, basketball acumen and physical capability is needed at that PG spot to survive.

lets see if "Little PJC" has enough in his engine to make a difference when it counts...till then, i will reserve final, FINAL judgement on Cartwright, but if Arizona replaced his position with a dominant PG TODAY they would easily be one of the top two teams in the nation - no doubt/question about it whatsoever.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It's sort of nuts that his fg% is lower than his 3 point % when the 3 point is only 37.5.
agree
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

97cats wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
this statement is just not true

outside of 10/11 & 11/12 every other player at that spot has been much better on the stat line, and thats not even accounting for other intangibles like leadership, defense, toughness, and physical play, which Cartwright has zero to little real impact.

below is just one random season stat line i pulled from an AZ PG over the last 10years.

36.4mpg - 45.2%fg - 84.8%ft - 41.5%3pt - 15.7ppg - 2.5rpg - 4.6apg - 1.5spg - 2.9tpg
Harvey Specter wrote:Is he great?
certainly not
Harvey Specter wrote:... but I sure do not think he sucks as much as you do.
good for you
Harvey Specter wrote:I like him a whole lot more than Lyons, Nic-Wizard, etc
i dont - and im far from a Nic Wise and Mark Lyons selector if given the chance, but would so every time today, tomorrow, and every forthcoming Sunday over Cartwright.
Harvey Specter wrote: and I thank the Lord that we do not have to suffer through watching Trier try to pretend he is a PG for 30+ mpg.
fair

the main point of my statement, which i think you missed (maybe not) is that this team is exactly what i thought they would be at the beginning of the year with the PG they have.

super talented and capable of beating almost anyone, but an above average to strong PG away from being dominant.

its shown thru almost all season, non-conf and conf sessions -- the team lacking the toughness and organization to consistently put teams away and separate.

Arizona has played almost every game since the Bahamas in close fashion, making several easy games more difficult than need be and still being 9-1 in the conf because of the overall size and talent.

and his Pac12 stat line depicts exactly what he is, a non-factor outside of making a few good passes a game and not turning the ball over.

ive watched enough bball in my life to know whats needed come crunch time on the road feb/march, and a difference maker in both leadership, basketball acumen and physical capability is needed at that PG spot to survive.

lets see if "Little PJC" has enough in his engine to make a difference when it counts...till then, i will reserve final, FINAL judgement on Cartwright, but if Arizona replaced his position with a dominant PG TODAY they would easily be one of the top two teams in the nation - no doubt/question about it whatsoever.
No, 97... GOOD FOR YOU. You da man.... and I dare not disagree with you again.

Please be easy on me... I will defer to you from this point forward as clearly the smartest guy in the room.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

I'm younger than some of you guys so most of mine are more recent.

1. Rondae
2. Lauri
3. Solo
4. Derrick Williams
5. Kadeem Allen
6. Aaron Gordon
7. Hassan Adams
8. Rawle
9. Nick Johnson
10. Kevin Parrom

Least favorite: Mustafa Shakur
Beachcat97 wrote:I can't rank Elliott, Kerr, Reeves, or Damon because their careers predate my arrival at UofA.
I would only be able to go from Stanley's class I believe if I went this route ha. Looking back at the teams the earliest I really remember is probably the 05-06 team. Tho I do remember watching the '01 title game with my mom and her being super mad at the refs lol.

If you add in NBA careers and personalities than Iggy, Jason Terry, Channing, Gilbert Arenas, and Richard Jefferson would be up there.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Anthony Cook
Tom Tolbert
Steve Kerr
Pete Williams
Khalid Reeves
Damon Stoudamire
Sean Elliott
Reggie Geary
Mike Bibby
Jason Terry
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

1 Al Flemming
2 Al Flemming
3 Al Flemming
4 Bob Elliot
5 Al Flemming
6 Mike Bibby
8 Eric Money
9 Herm Harris
10 Al Flemming
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Kerr
Elliott
Damon
Miles
Bibby
Khalid
Parrom (No easy buckets 4eva)
JET
Reggie
Tolbert
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Sorry, but it has to be Sean Elliott at the top of my list.

The one player that turned this program around to what it is today.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
97cats wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

Parker "Parker Jackson-Cartwright" Jackson-Cartwright is shooting 35.1% at the rim. He can't finish at the rim. Doesn't really take enough mid range J's or floaters to up that, although he's at 47.6% away from the rim when he does.

http://barttorvik.com/playerpbp.php?con ... 018&sort=2" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

1. Steve Kerr - The Patron Saint of UA Hoops. He has probably grown to #1 through his post-UA career
2. Damon Stoudamire - A classmate, a smaller guy who dominated, the savior of my undergrad career (90-94)
3. Sean Elliott - One of the Trinity of UA Hoops (Lute the Father, Steve the Son, Sean the Holy Spirit).
4. Kevin Parrom - For all those reasons. Bronx, meet Ahwatukee (KP vs Ty Abbott), and the smile. The play, too. And the comeback.
5. Richard Jefferson - Watched him play in high school, watched him grow into a force in college
6. Channing Frye - Personal in nature, as well as his play. He is just a good kid. And another I started watching play young.
7. Mike Bibby - A third Phoenix prospect, but his place on this list is nearly 100% for what he did for us.
8. Reggie Geary - Another from my time in school...he was a defensive stopper with the athleticism to change a game.
9. TJ McConnell - Heart, soul, love of the Cats. But also a terror on the court, and became a reliable scorer his senior year on top of it.
10. Sean Rooks - Money from the block. Matt M. caused the turnover that beat Duke, but only because Wookie made every drop step on the block.

Honorable mentions: Derrick Williams, Luke Walton, Jerryd Bayless (kid was pure toughness), Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Michael Wright
billk78

Post by billk78 »

I really liked watching Kevin Parrom play. One of my favorites and one of the more underrated cats IMO.