Your Top 10 Favorite Cats

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cpt

Your Top 10 Favorite Cats

Post by cpt »

No, not a list of the top 10 best. We've all seen those. I'm talking about your personal top 10 favorite Cats - to watch play, to root for, whatever. Here's mine.

10. Khalid Reeves (could fill it up, a joy to watch)
9. Steve Kerr (nails. Might be higher if I had seen him play all four years - I started watching Cats his injury year)
8. Jason Terry (A Cat through and through. Get big points for staying his senior year and getting us through that transition year)
7. Mike Bibby (Love to watch #10 run the game)
6. TJ McConnell (All heart and soul - left it on the court every game. Another great PG that controlled the game - and a great defender)
5. Miles Simon (Simon says championship. Always played his best at the biggest moments.)
4. Derrick Williams (A man among boys - carried us on his back to the Elite Eight and that sublime win over Duke)
3. Salim Stoudamire ( I love shooters. I believe the best shooter in team history - yes, better than Kerr.)
2. Sean Elliott (simply the best player ever to don an Arizona uniform - a program builder too for all that followed)
1. Damon Stoudamire (my favorite player to watch play. The way he created space as a small player was simply amazing. And played with so much heart)

Ok, let's see your lists...
Chicat

Re: Your Top 10 Favorite Cats

Post by Chicat »

10) Aaron Gordon - never seen athleticism such as his before, and might not again
9) Michael Dickerson - such a smooth operator on the court
8) Ivan Radenovic - just loved everything about that guy, from the way he seemed to tiptoe while running to his killer instinct during crunch time
7) TJ McConnell - all heart and the definition of a leader
6) Mike Bibby - cool as a cucumber with the rock in his hands and had that quiet leadership of expectations that you don't usually see until a guy has spent years in the pros
5) Salim Stoudamire - if his shot didn't go in his senior season I was seriously shocked. Just a killer on the court
4) Luke Walton - played the point forward position with a savvy way beyond his years
3) Derrick Williams - instant excitement with the ball in his hands and a killer first step and deadly outside shot
2) Jason Gardner - warrior in all the ways you can define that word
1) Jason Terry - gave me so many of my most cherished moments as a fan, and his smile lights up an arena.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

1. Luke Walton (our best floor-leader and teammate; impacted the game in ways unlike any other Cat)
2. Miles Simon (MOP of the FF for our only NC)
3. Mike Bibby
4. Jason Terry
5. Salim
6. Jason Gardner
7. TJM
8. D-Will
9. AG
10. Dickerson

I can't rank Elliott, Kerr, Reeves, or Damon because their careers predate my arrival at UofA.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

1) Coniel Norman
2) Sean Elliott
3) Russ Brown
4) Herm Harris
5) Steve Kerr
6) Michael Dickerson
7) Jason Terry
8) Aaron Gordon
9) TJ McConnell
10) Salim Stoudamire

Near misses: Al Fleming, Eric Money, Derrick Williams, Solomon Hill, Bob Elliott, Brian Williams, Damon Stoudamire, Miles Simon,
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

1. Salim Stoudamire
2. Mike Bibby
3. Derrick Williams
4. Channing Frye
5. Aaron Gordon
6. Luke Walton
7. Damon Stoudamire
8. Sean Elliot
9. Michael Dickerson
10. Jason Terry
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

1) Brian Williams (never seen a more dominating UA player when he decided he wanted to play)
2) Channing Frye (as a senior, dude was automatic from 10' in)
3) Salim (if he played the same era as Kerr he would have set the record)
4) Steeeve Kerrrrrrrr!
5) D-Will (man was he fun to watch, his Duke game is one of my all time favorite performances)
6) Bibby (what a leader as a true freshman)
7) TJM (what a competitor)
8) Sean Elliott (local boy does good!)
9) Jamelle Horne (just felt bad for the guy, always hoped for the best for him)
10) Nick Johnson (since he took a picture with my daughter, who thought he was adorable and had a major crush on him)

Still can't forgive JeT for flopping v. UNLV, or Dickerson failing to show up in big games, esp. v. Utah when they left him open on purpose.

Of course Kerr choked v. OK St too. But gets a pass being so unathletic, but still holds the record, and only had 1 year to do it. Very low turnovers too.

Gardner was a warrior, but wasn't Arizona good, and shot the UA out of a lot of games.
Last edited by Merkin on Wed May 25, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

10. Stanley
9. Kerr
8. Jason Gardner
7. JET
6. Salim
5. Miles
4. Derrick Williams
3. AG
2. Bibby
1. TJ
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

10. Elliot - just as I started getting into cats as my dads alma mater (born in 82)
10. Bayless - kid got a bad rep and stayed thru worst year ever. Such a joy to watch.
9. jet - loved watching him have fun on the court. Such a great player and maybe our most complete pro.
8. Simon - MVP of our only title team and among greatest run ever. Nuff said.
7. D-Will - such a monster out of nowhere and helped save the team and get the Miller era going
6. Hot Sauce - warrior at the 4 and his dunks were amazing to see
5. Agent Zero - maybe most talented scorer we had , so goofy and such a joy to listen to and root for until ...... Well u know, without his end he may be #1
4. Chase - followed his recruitment so closely, always thought he got a bad rap and stayed thru some tough seasons. His stats are pretty incredible for 3 years. Love me some white boys w athleticism. We are a rare breed.
3. TJMC - prob #1 if we had him for 4 years. Everything u want in a kid when it comes to effort , leadership, intensity, etc
2. Damon - first guy for Zona I truly loved. Such a monster for 3 of his 4 years.
1. Bibby - oh that 97 run .... Without him it doesn't happen. Loved watching a PG that under control. Great teammate.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Edit switch the JET w Chase. I kind of forgot about Chase and put him too high. And I loved watching Terry, especially his soph and senior years.

Salim has to be in there as well. Damn this is hard to pick just 10.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If we're keeping score so far (10th place gets 1 point, 9th 2, etc), it goes...

Mike Bibby - 50
Salim Stoudamire - 44
Derrick Williams - 43
TJ McConnell - 37
Jason Terry - 36
Sean Elliott - 24
Miles Simon - 23
Damon Stoudamire - 23
Luke Walton - 22
Aaron Gordon - 20
Steve Kerr - 17
Jason Gardner - 17
Channing Frye - 16
Michael Dickerson - 10
Coniel Norman - 10
Brian Williams - 10
Russ Brown - 8
Herm Harris - 7
Gilbert Arenas - 6
Hassan Adams - 5
Ivan Radenovic - 3
Jamelle Horne - 2
Chase Budinger - 2
Jerryd Bayless - 1
Nick Johnson - 1
Stanley Johnson - 1
Khalid Reeves - 1
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PennZona20 wrote:Edit switch the JET w Chase. I kind of forgot about Chase and put him too high. And I loved watching Terry, especially his soph and senior years.

Salim has to be in there as well. Damn this is hard to pick just 10.
Not sure how I forgot about Agent 0. Speaking of likable goofy guys, forgot about RHJ. Oh well. My picks are locked in.

How many players like JeT (and RHJ) willing to come off the bench?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This list could change day to day depending on my mood....

1-Jason Terry
2-Sean Elliott
3-TJ McConnell
4-Salim Stoudamire
5- Reggie Geary (Can't believe he hasn't been named yet)
6- Luke Walton
7- Channing Frye
8- Damon Stoudamire
9- Miles Simon
10 Eugene Edgerson
cpt

Post by cpt »

Merkin wrote:
Still can't forgive JeT for flopping v. UNLV, or Dickerson failing to show up in big games, esp. v. Utah when they left him open on purpose.
You meant Kenny Lofton, right?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merkin wrote:
Still can't forgive JeT for flopping v. UNLV

Of course Kerr choked v. OK St too. But gets a pass being so unathletic, but still holds the record, and only had 1 year to do it. Very low turnovers too.

Kenny Lofton

Oklahoma

You are getting old Merk. :)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

1. Sean Elliott
2. Steve Kerr
3. Mike Bibby
4. Miles Simon
5. Jason Terry
6. Derrick Williams
7. Salim Stoudamire
8. Reggie Geary
9. Pete Williams
10. Kevin Parrom
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Still can't forgive JeT for flopping v. UNLV

Kenny Lofton

Oklahoma

You are getting old Merk. :)

Shit! I am!

How could I forget?

Lot of tragic end of games I can't forget though. Shakur end of the Illini game, Hassan taking that last shot...
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

So a guy who comes in as a Freshman and goes off for 38 points and 25 rebounds against ASU, a player who stays for four years averaging 18.7 points plus 9.5 boards, one of four former players to also be academic all americans and the only Arizona basketball player to make the Academic Hall of Fame doesn't make any fans favorite list. :roll:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KaibabKat wrote:So a guy who comes in as a Freshman and goes off for 38 points and 25 rebounds against ASU, a player who stays for four years averaging 18.7 points plus 9.5 boards, one of four former players to also be academic all americans and the only Arizona basketball player to make the Academic Hall of Fame doesn't make any fans favorite list. :roll:
My personal top 10 favorite Cats list is going to only include guys I watched play. I started at UA in '95, so apologies to all those who came before me...
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

1. Jason Gardner
2. Derrick Williams
3. Richard Jefferson
4. Jason Terry
5. Eugene Edgerson
6. Luke Walton
7. TJ McConnell
8. Salim Stoudamire
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Soloman Hill
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

KaibabKat wrote:So a guy who comes in as a Freshman and goes off for 38 points and 25 rebounds against ASU, a player who stays for four years averaging 18.7 points plus 9.5 boards, one of four former players to also be academic all americans and the only Arizona basketball player to make the Academic Hall of Fame doesn't make any fans favorite list. :roll:
Bob was kind of a no flare, get it done kind of guy. Great player. If we had a guy go for 38 and 25 against anyone much less our rival, he would vault to #1 in a nano second.

Lots of guys I wish I could put in my top 10. I couldn't even put Jim Rappis on my almost list. Loved that guy. Had more guts then any player I have ever seen. Love Phil Taylor and Jerome Gladney, just no room.

If you didn't see these guys play there is no way you could appreciate the talent they had and how good that bball was in the conference at that time (the WAC was 7 years removed from its last title while the PAC is almost 20 years removed now)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

1. Kerr
2. Elliott
3. Derrick WIlliams
4. Salim
5. JT
6. Gordon
7. Hollis Jefferson
8. Nick Johnson
9. Damon
10. Gardner
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

off the top of my head:
  • richard jefferson
  • TJ mcconnell
  • jason gardner
  • damon stoudamire
  • mike bibby
  • rondae hollis-jefferson
  • solomon hill
  • jason terry
  • hassan adams
  • michael wright
  • nick johnson
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

God, didn't think it would be this hard. A ton of guys left off who I would have thought would be on easily. Had to be careful, there are a couple of guys I knew off the court and that was influencing me a bit, plus you have the "after Arizona" influence, so a guy like Iguodala who I liked at Arizona was going to pass Ray Owes, who I loved at Arizona but didn't have a long NBA career. And it feels really really weird leaving Sean Elliott off, he was my favorite player when I was 5 and 6, but I was so young

1) Mike Bibby- Followed him since high school. The perfect point guard. National title. I remember crossing his path a few times and he is the only Arizona player who ever felt like a god to me when I did.
2) TJ McConnell- Goes without saying. We all know who he is, what he stood for and what he did. He was Davey from the Bible. Only wish I "fell in love" with him earlier. Took me a year.
3) Derrick Williams- He was superman. Did it all. Put the program on his back and emerged from the ashes. The Duke sweet 16 win was one of my favorite games of all time and he was Jordan-like.
4) Nick Johnson- Gritty, huge balls, solid ballplayer. To me, maybe the most charismatic player to ever put on an Arizona jersey. I had a familial connection with him, like he was my little brother. Weird.
5) Ben Davis- He was a solid player his senior year, but I have no idea why I loved him so much. I just did. I own one Arizona jersey and it's his.
6) Aaron Gordon- Mr Highlight Reel. Unbelievably down to earth and likeable. His defense seals the deal. For his talent and hype, one of a kind head and heart. He was special.
7) Rondae- Drove me crazy with a ball in his hands or he may be higher. Crazy dunks, insane defense, gritty on the boards. But his personality is unrivaled, the guy you wish was your best friend.
8) Ray Owes- I just thought he was so cool . Could score inside and outside, rebounded. Not flashy but still exciting. And hearing the PA guy yell "Ray... OOOOWWWWWWWES" everytime he scored..........
9) Michael Wright- Grittiest, toughest played in my opinion. A banger, a bruiser, so skilled around the basket. Undersized but still abused everyone. Just old school muscle and finesse low post play.
10) Damon Stoudamire - Maybe the most exciting and electric player we have seen. You blink and he's gone. And when he caught fire he was unstoppable.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

1. Steve Kerr - Steeeeeeeeve Kerrrrrrrr - Best time ever to be an Arizona fan.
2. Sean Elliott - Remember watching him play at Cholla and knew he was a stud. Glad he stayed home.
3. Mike Bibby - Always in control no matter what the situation. We don't have a championship without him.
4. Derrick Williams - Would be top 10 for just the Duke game. Huge blocks in the White Out against UW, and in the tourney against Memphis and the winning shot against Texas.
5. Herman Harris - Loved his game and his ability to shoot the deep ball. Who knew two Chester Pa (Len Gordy) players would star at Arizona.
6. TJ McConnell - If he wasn't on the Cats would probably hate him. Biggest heart of any player we've ever had. Along with Russell Brown, the two best playmakers in U of A history.
7. Salim Stoudamire - Big shot after big shot. If he played at Duke or NC, he would have been called the best shooter in the history of the game.
8. Joe Nehls - Another great outside shooter. Remember him setting up in the corners all the time. Money.
9. Miles Simon - Outside of the tournament, best moment was banking in a 3/4 court shot against Cincy to give Lute #500
10. Jim Rappis - 40 minute man. Remember watching him on tape delay on KZAZ playing the whole game and having to get dragged off the court due to cramps.
Last edited by VegasCatFan on Tue May 31, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

1)Sean Elliott
2)Steve Kerr
3)Damon Stoudamire
4)Kenny Lofton
5)Reggie Geary
6)Richard Jefferson
7)Pete Williams
8)Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
9)Chris Mills
10)Channing Frye
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'm not sure I've ever seen you offer up an opinion of your own which isn't a criticism of someone else's. Really easy to throw stones, Kaibab.

My own list:
1. Elliott
2. Kerr
3. DStoud
4. Jet
5. DWill
6. RHJ
7. Bibby
8. RJ
9. Frye
10. TJMC/Luke -- Can't decide.

It's sad in a way, but the kids' NBA success has something to do with whether they become my favorites or not. Anthony Cook is a great example. I loved how he played, gave his all for the team, and stayed and developed over 4 years. But I haven't seen or heard much about him since he left Tucson, so he kind of fades from memory. All the guys on my list are guys whom I still follow today.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:It's sad in a way, but the kids' NBA success has something to do with whether they become my favorites or not. Anthony Cook is a great example. I loved how he played, gave his all for the team, and stayed and developed over 4 years. But I haven't seen or heard much about him since he left Tucson, so he kind of fades from memory. All the guys on my list are guys whom I still follow today.
It's interesting because you could break this into two questions: Favorite Cats and Cats who you liked watching the most while at UA. I took the OP's question to be the latter and that's the way I answered. If it was the former, Iggy, Agent 0, Kerr, and Frye might have bumped some players from my list.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Sadly, if I look at it your way I wouldn't be able to mention any of the kids from the past ten years because I've hardly gotten to see them play in anything other than highlights. :cry:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
cpt

Post by cpt »

It is favorite players, not best. Hard to call someone a favorite if you never saw him play. Before most of our times.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

1. Steve Kerr. He made me a fan. It seems trite, but he is the Patron Saint of Arizona Basketball. He is part of the trinity...Lute the Father, Steve the Son, Sean the holy ghost

2. Damon Stoudamire. A mighty mite and a classmate. Loved watching him play. When he hit the logo 3 to end the first half vs Arkansas at the FF, I thought he was going to re-write the Arizona Final Four point guard script. Unfortunately we could not get it going

3. Luke Walton. Point forward. Did everything right. Yeah, he was probably stoned half the time, but whatever it takes to slow down the game. Deceptively competitive. His bucket against Gonzaga in the 2 OT game to force OT as a response to a Gonzaga bucket with seconds left, with no timeout to set up, was balls.

4. Channing Frye. This goes to watching him in high school and seeing something even though he deferred to Jason Fontenet at St Marys for star power. He was just a good passing big man...and as we see with Walton, that goes a long way with me.

5. Reggie Geary. His time came during my time in school, and during my time with press passes for a lot of games, so I got to hear Reggie as well as see Reggie. My favorite Reggie moment isn't even in a game...it is at the Chris Rodgers Memorial Rec Center. Playing a pick up game...Reggie was on my team and just having fun, shooting 3s, goofing. Some dude scored on him and woofed. Reggie came to me (I was running point as much as one does in rec) and asked for the ball, isolated the guy, dribbled him into silliness, then crossed him, dunked, pulled himself up on the rim, turned around while up there (think Prince/Dave Chappelle with hands) and just glared at the guy. Then dropped and played. I was also courtside for his showdown with Jalen Rose and the talk was prime..."How many points you have Jalen? Cmon...you're an All American. I'm nobody. I wanna see the All American"...

6. Derrick Williams. I mean, how many big moments can one player have? The Duke game alone was a career worth. The block. The other block. Texas pick n roll. Wow

7. TJ McConnell. Funnest player I have watched. Just joy on the court, fundamentally sound yet willing to spice it up. Fearless. Got to the point where you could even count on him to score when needed.

8. Miles Simon. Yeah, he won us a title. But it was how he did it...I love the midrange up and under. The big moments. The shot vs Cincy. He probably goes up 3 spots if he had hit the shot at the end of regulation vs UK to win the title. Yeah, we won in OT, but it is one boring OT to watch. He hits that, and we have our Villanova moment. I know...I would take a 2nd one even if it came by forfeit. But In a perfect world....

9. Sean Elliott. He is low on the list for what he meant to us. But that is only because there were so many players I personally connected with. Sean was butter smooth, but more fierce on the court than some remember. I remember him yelling "GET IN THERE" on his shot after the foul vs UNC in the Elite Eight over the hushed Kingdome crowd. He played pick up ball with my cousin a lot and I heard the stories of a much more in your face Sean than the public saw...which made me like him even more

10. Rick Anderson. Every team needs a motherfucker. And he was the least likely one, but oh, yes, he was one. Whenever you needed an elbow, or a hard foul, or just some dude with bleached hair to get in someone's face and get them off their game, Ricky was there. And after his redshirt, he was a pretty valuable player, too.

edited to add: I forgot Salim. He would have to be like 4.5 on that list. At least for his senior year.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

EVCat wrote:
5. Reggie Geary. His time came during my time in school, and during my time with press passes for a lot of games, so I got to hear Reggie as well as see Reggie. My favorite Reggie moment isn't even in a game...it is at the Chris Rodgers Memorial Rec Center. Playing a pick up game...Reggie was on my team and just having fun, shooting 3s, goofing. Some dude scored on him and woofed. Reggie came to me (I was running point as much as one does in rec) and asked for the ball, isolated the guy, dribbled him into silliness, then crossed him, dunked, pulled himself up on the rim, turned around while up there (think Prince/Dave Chappelle with hands) and just glared at the guy. Then dropped and played. I was also courtside for his showdown with Jalen Rose and the talk was prime..."How many points you have Jalen? Cmon...you're an All American. I'm nobody. I wanna see the All American"...
One of the greatest paragraphs in this site's history. The rec center and Jalen Rose stories are awesome.

And :lol: at Chris Rodgers Memorial Rec Center, a place where CR always seemed to leave his game every time he left. Guy was a tool.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

1. JET
2. Reggie
3. TJ
4. Sean
5. RHJ
6. Derrick
7. Steve
8. Nick
9. JG!
10. Luke
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

1. D. Stoudamire
2. Elliot
3. Arenas
4. McConnell
5. N. Johnson
6. Geary
7. Tolbert
8. Dickerson
9. Wright
10. Geary
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

Favorites, not solely based on accomplishments on the court, just favorite.

1: K Reeves
2: D Stoudamire
3: S Kerr
4: M Simon
5: C Frye
6: N Johnson
7: J Terry
8: J Bayless
9: R Jefferson
10: J Gardner

High Honorable Mention: Sean Elliott, Gilbrt Arenas, S Stoudamire, Iggy, A Gordon, TJ McConnell, C Mills, L Walton, M Wright
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

K. Reeves
B. Williams
M. Simon
G. Arenas
M. Bibby
D. Williams
M. Dickerson
S. Elliott
A. Gordon
C. Budinger
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

threenumberones wrote:1. D. Stoudamire
2. Elliot
3. Arenas
4. McConnell
5. N. Johnson
6. Geary
7. Tolbert
8. Dickerson
9. Wright
10. Geary
Geary was so good he got listed twice? ;)

And there are a couple of Elliotts to choose from...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I'm surprised that so many either didn't rank Luke or had him so low. He was a 4 year player and a floor-leader throughout his career. Statistically, he was also one of our most balanced players. Played in a national championship game ('01) and an Elite Eight ('03), and was a Jason Gardner three pointer away from playing in two FFs.

I'm probably biased because his time at UofA roughly coincided with my own.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Luke was semi-honorable mention for me. 10th or 11th.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Chicat wrote:
threenumberones wrote:1. D. Stoudamire
2. Elliot
3. Arenas
4. McConnell
5. N. Johnson
6. Geary
7. Tolbert
8. Dickerson
9. Wright
10. Geary
Geary was so good he got listed twice? ;)

And there are a couple of Elliotts to choose from...
:lol: whoops. That first Geary was supposed to be Reeves.

Never saw Bob play. I'm old but not THAT old..
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

1. Bibby- Control
2. Salim- Unforgetable Shooting
3. D-Will- So Important to Miller Era
4. N. Johnson- LEADER
5. TJ- If he played more than his 2 years he would definitely be higher (also, if he played for any other team I would have hated him)
6. JET- Just fun to watch
7. Luke- Floor general from PF spot. Such a high basketball IQ (His dad's commentating might give him a boost here)
8. Simon- Simon Says Championship
9. A. Gordon- Defensive Monster
10. Rondae- So many highlight dunks, and who couldn't love this guy's personality?

Honorable Mention- Iggy, Gardner, Solo

Note: I didn't start paying attention to the Cats until 96 or 97 so I can't really list Kerr, Elliot or Damon
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Too hard to do a list. I'd have to divide it into Olson years and Miller years. Under Olson:

1. Elliot
2. Salim
3. Gardner
4. Kerr
5. Arenas
6. Ricky Anderson
7. Hassan
8. Damon
9. Terry
10. Irad/Michael Wright...can't decide.

Miller:

1. Solo
2. NJ
3. Parrom
4. DWill
5. RHJ
6. TJ
7. Stanley
8. Gordon
9. Zeus
10. Bash
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I didn't realize he was back in town.
Good for him.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Only top 5 for me:

1. Dylan Rigdon.
2. Dylan Smith.
3. Dylan.
4. Dylan.
5. Dylan.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Kyle Fogg, keeps creeping up my list. I appreciate and respect him more now then when he played in Tucson. You all should follow him on Instragram.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

1) Mike Bibby
2) Mike Bibby
3) Mike Bibby
4) Mike Bibby
5) Mike Bibby
6) Mike Bibby
7) Mike Bibby
8) Mike Bibby
9) Mike Bibby
10) Mike Bibby
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Only top 5 for me:

1. Dylan Rigdon.
2. Dylan Smith.
3. Dylan.
4. Dylan.
5. Dylan.
lmmfao
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

97cats wrote:1) Mike Bibby
2) Mike Bibby
3) Mike Bibby
4) Mike Bibby
5) Mike Bibby
6) Mike Bibby
7) Mike Bibby
8) Mike Bibby
9) Mike Bibby
10) Mike Bibby
What if Bibby were our starting pg this year....
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Alieberman wrote:
no question in my mind Arizona would be undefeated and the number one team in the nation - no doubt about it whatsoever

for reference - 9-1 in conf play with this

32mpg - 7.9ppg - 36%fg - 37.5%3pt - 87.5%ft - 2.4rpg - 5.3apg - 1.2spg - 1.5tpg
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:
97cats wrote:1) Mike Bibby
2) Mike Bibby
3) Mike Bibby
4) Mike Bibby
5) Mike Bibby
6) Mike Bibby
7) Mike Bibby
8) Mike Bibby
9) Mike Bibby
10) Mike Bibby