let's talk '19

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: let's talk '19

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:For those who have seen Nico play, who does he compare to? Will he be the best pg in the Miller Era? We haven't had a great pg since Bayless or Terry
If I had to pick a Wildcat comparison, Bibby. He isn't a sniper, but a good shooter. Good size for a PG, can easily get up. He has a mature game like Bibby too, very good at knowing when to attack and when to pull up.

Maybe Mustafa with a better J? His game reminds me a lot of a slightly taller Jordan Farmar, honestly. I always like Farmar and thought he played solid, mature, well rounded ball.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Wow, that's what I was hoping for Spiff. The pg position is what has kept Sean & Arizona from the FF, imo. I see why you are all so excited for next season
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:Wow, that's what I was hoping for Spiff. The pg position is what has kept Sean & Arizona from the FF, imo. I see why you are all so excited for next season
It's why I'm excited to see him and BWill together. Both have well rounded games where either can step into the lead role or play off ball depending on position. It gives us a tremendously unselfish core and great flexibility without losing anything on D.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
84Cat wrote:Wow, that's what I was hoping for Spiff. The pg position is what has kept Sean & Arizona from the FF, imo. I see why you are all so excited for next season
It's why I'm excited to see him and BWill together. Both have well rounded games where either can step into the lead role or play off ball depending on position. It gives us a tremendously unselfish core and great flexibility without losing anything on D.
Going to spend some more time focusing on Bwill and his D, but so far I don't recall being unhappy with him. He has been solid. Other's have noticeable mistakes (Randolph predominately). If Nico can defend from day1 that will be a very fun backcourt! Can he suit up tonight!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
NLI? Wow, that's the best we could ask for.
All 4 commits will sign NLIs.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

How much did Nike have to pay them to do that. I kid, I kid. Surprising given the fact that most top players just go the financial aid route
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49 wrote:How much did Nike have to pay them to do that. I kid, I kid. Surprising given the fact that most top players just go the financial aid route
Be careful because Dukie V might quote you in his next Twitter tirade
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Am I the only one who is starting to think we aren't going to see Bwill back next year?

Kid is really good, I can see him getting enough 1st round consideration and leaving
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote: Green & Mannion start day 1. I'm quite confident in that.
Even if BW and BR are still here?
BW will start along side them. I've already said what I think happens with BR after this season.

For the sake of hypothetical argument; what’s the starting lineup of BR and BW returns and we don’t lose anyone (except maybe a Smith or Barcello transfer which won’t affect the starting lineup anyway)

The most talented would be a true 4 out and 1 in w :

NM
BW
BR
JG
CJ

But that puts a ton on Jeter to be a dominant interior rim protector and rebounder and our perimeter guys will have to rebound at a high level.

The most likely bench player to me is JG and sub in Stone or EA at the 4 but man, he’s prob the best pro prospect of all of them. Miller would have to be like Coach Cal to to convince the young egos to make that work.

I think we go w the above starting lineup as long as it’s effective and just sprinkle in heavy rotations at first tc timeout.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
BW will start along side them. I've already said what I think happens with BR after this season.

For the sake of hypothetical argument; what’s the starting lineup of BR and BW returns and we don’t lose anyone (except maybe a Smith or Barcello transfer which won’t affect the starting lineup anyway)

NM
BW
BR
JG
CJ

But that puts a ton on Jeter to be a dominant interior rim protector and rebounder and our perimeter guys will have to rebound at a high level.

The most likely bench player to me is JG and sub in Stone or EA at the 4 but man, he’s prob the best pro prospect of all of them. Miller would have to be like Coach Cal to to convince the young egos to make that work.

I think we go w the above starting lineup as long as it’s effective and just sprinkle in heavy rotations at first tc timeout.
I highly doubt Miller goes with that lineup as a starting unit, it's just not his M.O. However, if Randolph is still here next year I'm sure we'll see that lineup at some points on the court.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

The future is looking very bright
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Armstrong signing on Wednesday (the last day of the period) and Koloko will sometime this weekend. Zeke Nnaji will announce his commitment on Friday.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Anyone whose last name can be anagramed as Ninja is someone I'm stoked to see. Lol.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Armstrong signing on Wednesday (the last day of the period) and Koloko will sometime this weekend. Zeke Nnaji will announce his commitment on Friday.
Announce his commitment as in announcing his commitment to UA? ;)
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Frybry02 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Armstrong signing on Wednesday (the last day of the period) and Koloko will sometime this weekend. Zeke Nnaji will announce his commitment on Friday.
Lol maybe. Honestly no one knows, but it'll likely come down to Arizona, Kansas, and UNC.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Lol maybe. Honestly no one knows, but it'll likely come down to Arizona, Kansas, and UNC.
It feels like, and maybe it’s just me, but when it’s UA, we know.

For what it’s worth, my connection says Nnaji isn’t going to be Cat.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

1st choice for me: UA
2nd choice: Anybody but Kansas

enfuego's tears will be delicious.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Wouldn't Ayton be an exception, Chi? Not sure about you, but that one surprised the hell out of me.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Depends on the recruitment honestly. I think we'll for sure know prior to when he announces, but at the moment I dont think a decision has been made. The FBI stuff really really hurt KU here.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Depends on the recruitment honestly. I think we'll for sure know prior to when he announces, but at the moment I dont think a decision has been made. The FBI stuff really really hurt KU here.
Oh, the irony.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

NM
BW
BR
JG
CJ

I highly doubt Miller goes with that lineup as a starting unit, it's just not his M.O. However, if Randolph is still here next year I'm sure we'll see that lineup at some points on the court.
Ok, so what’s your best guess as to a starting 5 in that scenario?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If you throw out the games against two lowly RPI schools (Houston Baptist & Cal Poly), Dylan Smith has shot 1-25 in games against legit D-1 opponents. That includes all of Maui, UTEP, last year's NCAA tourney game vs. Buffalo and the three games in the Pac 10 tourney. That's right, Smith's last bucket against a legit opponent came last March in Vegas in the conference tourney. He hasn't made a shot against a decent team since getting that one bucket in Vegas. He shot 4-8 vs. Cal Poly (4-7 from deep). Other than that he's 1-25. That's unreal and a pretty good sample size.

He's been a turnover machine. While his size and physical ability has allowed him to rebound on a poor rebounding team in need of some depth down low, I have no idea why he continues to earn minutes. When he's on the floor, Arizona is essentially playing 4 on 5 offensively. He's a redshirt junior, which means this is his 3rd year at Arizona. If this is the best Arizona can do this season, I'm not sure they're even an NIT team. Hopefully by January or February Doutrive will have taken Smith's spot in terms of playing time. If not, I guess I have to just sit back and ignore the outcome of games and just watch Williams develop and appreciate the effort of Coleman in his one and only season at Arizona.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

zonagrad wrote:If you throw out the games against two lowly RPI schools (Houston Baptist & Cal Poly), Dylan Smith has shot 1-25 in games against legit D-1 opponents. That includes all of Maui, UTEP, last year's NCAA tourney game vs. Buffalo and the three games in the Pac 10 tourney. That's right, Smith's last bucket against a legit opponent came last March in Vegas in the conference tourney. He hasn't made a shot against a decent team since getting that one bucket in Vegas. He shot 4-8 vs. Cal Poly (4-7 from deep). Other than that he's 1-25. That's unreal and a pretty good sample size.

He's been a turnover machine. While his size and physical ability has allowed him to rebound on a poor rebounding team in need of some depth down low, I have no idea why he continues to earn minutes. When he's on the floor, Arizona is essentially playing 4 on 5 offensively. He's a redshirt junior, which means this is his 3rd year at Arizona. If this is the best Arizona can do this season, I'm not sure they're even an NIT team. Hopefully by January or February Doutrive will have taken Smith's spot in terms of playing time. If not, I guess I have to just sit back and ignore the outcome of games and just watch Williams develop and appreciate the effort of Coleman in his one and only season at Arizona.
I don't disagree with any of this, but....wrong thread?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Zeke Nnaji announcing his commitment tomorrow at 11am Tucson time. Absolutely no one except Nnaji and his family knows where he's going.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Zeke Nnaji announcing his commitment tomorrow at 11am Tucson time. Absolutely no one except Nnaji and his family knows where he's going.

Evan Daniels just changed his Crystal Ball to Arizona.

Are we going to get a Black Friday surprise?
-JB
billk78

Post by billk78 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Zeke Nnaji announcing his commitment tomorrow at 11am Tucson time. Absolutely no one except Nnaji and his family knows where he's going.

I saw that! I suppose it has to be fairly good news but we should find out for sure soon. But why would he change it last minute unless maybe he knew something?

Choo or 97 around to give us some insight?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Eric Bossi from Rivals also put in a crystal ball pick for Arizona on the Rivals version of crystal ball fwiw.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

billk78 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

I saw that! I suppose it has to be fairly good news but we should find out for sure soon. But why would he change it last minute unless maybe he knew something?

No one is 100% sure yet at the moment, this isn't like Nico or Green or Armstrong, this is a very well done recruitment by his father. Some people are getting whispers, but they aren't 100% on it because of the way the father has ran the recruitment. We'll see.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
billk78 wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

No one is 100% sure yet at the moment, this isn't like Nico or Green or Armstrong, this is a very well done recruitment by his father. Some people are getting whispers, but they aren't 100% on it because of the way the father has ran the recruitment. We'll see.
fingers crossed
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

crossed fingers worked!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

And boom goes the dynamite!

Sean Miller is a witch.
-JB
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

What a massive commitment...Sean is an unbelievable recruiter.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
dmjcat wrote:I like this picture
Why are two future Jayhawks wearing Arizona jerseys?
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Oh shit!

Welcome aboard Zeke. He, Lee, Jeter and Gettings wraps up the big rotation while Koloko develops.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Holy shit! Welcome Zeke!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego karma strikes again.

-JB
prh

Post by prh »

Who thinks Josh Green will be OAD? Because if he's not, then we have the #1 class and no OADs, which is absolute best case scenario.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

My mother-in-laws turkey sucked. So this just made my Thanksgiving. Thanks Zeke!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

prh wrote:Who thinks Josh Green will be OAD? Because if he's not, then we have the #1 class and no OADs, which is absolute best case scenario.
Now that's a unicorn if ever there was one.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:Who thinks Josh Green will be OAD? Because if he's not, then we have the #1 class and no OADs, which is absolute best case scenario.
I sort of go either way with Green. He's a good athlete, but not the crazy athlete who gets drafted just on physical profile. He would have to show a skillset and overall game worthy of a pick to really solidify in the draft class.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Zeke himself really wants to be a OAD as well. Honestly if every thing goes to plan per team success and individual success then we'll be replacing our entire starting lineup the following year again.
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
dmjcat wrote:I like this picture
Why are two future Jayhawks wearing Arizona jerseys?
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is awesome. Not only do we stick to UNC and Kansas, but we solidify our bigs giving us an excellent chance to make multiple FF runs.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Love it. We are all focused on how ESPN is running the sports smear campaign of the century and Miller is focused on reeling in the #1 recruiting class. I would love to know what is being said to the recruits and how they feel about the FBI drama.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I wonder if fear of NCAA sanctions at KU aided in his decision?

And if so...the irony is delicious.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Love it. We are all focused on how ESPN is running the sports smear campaign of the century and Miller is focused on reeling in the #1 recruiting class. I would love to know what is being said to the recruits and how they feel about the FBI drama.
I was thinking the same thing. There will be no positive spin nor nightly story about Arizonas number one recruiting class.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego was just lurking.

Too busy at work to post I guess.
-JB