Pinder

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

billk78

Pinder

Post by billk78 »

Kid looks very impressive. Exactly the type we need to come in and play good defense and be a presence inside. First half so far against Mich State he has definitely outplayed Ristic. Im very happy with what i see from him. He's not a scorer, but kind of an unsung hero type. Granted it's early, but I like his game.

On the other hand Ristic really doesn't look good at all. Remember the stretch he has last year when he was so good? What happened to that player?
Spaceman Spiff

Re: Pinder

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I like our big rotation. Pinder is a little undersized, but a high energy, hard worker. Lauri is a beast on offense who just needs to sharpen up on D. Chance is our most well rounded guy and best defender. Dusan is a post operator.

Pinder will give us good minutes this year.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Pinder's grinding reminds me of Jesse.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

He will see a lot of minutes if he keeps playing defense and rebounds.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

wyo-cat wrote:Pinder's grinding reminds me of Jesse.
Hope you're thinking of Jesse Perry, and not the lunatic serial poster...
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:
Jesse, the one with the girl from the Rick Springfield song.

Seriously, though, Perry isn't a bad comparison. Pinder would be smart to look at that is his role. The energy and D guy off the bench. Gene Edgerson would be another guy who filled that role for us.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Jesse Perry and Edgerson are good comparisons.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He quietly is going to be the difference in a lot of games this year. Edgerson esque with that. He was everything we needed Tollefson to be last year.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:
Jesse with an 'e,' not 'ie'.

I forgot about him/her!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Pinder brought great energy and defense. I loved seeing him out there giving it his all.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I love how fans always start praising some new, previously unknown player at the start of the season. Try waiting until Pinder faces some high major talent.

Oh, wait minute...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

billk78 wrote:Jesse Perry and Edgerson are good comparisons.
Hopefully Pinder will not be arrested for domestic abuse like those 2 though.

Shudder.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Seems like a tough kid. Hits the boards hard, not afraid to bang. Plays very physical (good) but needs to score in the paint.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Longhorned wrote:I love how fans always start praising some new, previously unknown player at the start of the season. Try waiting until Pinder faces some high major talent.

Oh, wait minute...
Haha we are so used to playing cupcakes for, at a minimum, the first 3-4 games of the season lately.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Loved Pinder's game in the MSU game.

Play defense (two steals in 17 min), be a change of pace/play, get boards (28% DReb), get fouled, and don't shoot shit outside of the restricted area.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

my favorite player on the team
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

97cats wrote:my favorite player on the team
Is it because you both have the same hair style?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

azgreg wrote: Is it because you both have the same hair style?
LMMFAO
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

97cats wrote:
azgreg wrote: Is it because you both have the same hair style?
LMMFAO
I'm not going to feel better about this AZ basketball team until you change your avatar to something a little more optimistic.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

azgreg wrote:
97cats wrote:my favorite player on the team
Is it because you both have the same hair style?
:lol:

Morning laugh award. (unless you're serious) 8-)
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Clean up
Bangkok Wildcat

Keanu Pinder

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Seems like every player should have their own thread.

Showed so much promise prior to the Bay trip.....where has his game gone? Thoughts?

Vs. Utah: 11 minutes, 2 rebounds and 0-1 with 1 foul.
scumdevils86

Re: Keanu Pinder

Post by scumdevils86 »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Im never worried about anything that shows up in a box score with him, but he's been getting smoked on defense lately. Like Spliff said a while back, he cant guard 3's. He'll work in a pinch, when guys get into foul trouble, when matchups dictate a smaller lineup, or to get the bigs a little more rest. He was on the floor a long time in that second half when we had that long dry spell and I was praying for Miller to yank him and get a more competent offensive player on the floor. Having Comanche, Pinder, PJC who is fresh off the injury and hasnt found his shot, an inconsistent shooter in Kobi and (IIRC) Kadeem out there against a zone spells doom.
Bangkok Wildcat

Crap, I'm sorry! I did a search and thought there was one but couldn't find it. Not sure how to delete a thread...will do if I can or if a mod could please. Apologies again for the redundancy.....
Bangkok Wildcat

rgdeuce wrote:Im never worried about anything that shows up in a box score with him, but he's been getting smoked on defense lately. Like Spliff said a while back, he cant guard 3's. He'll work in a pinch, when guys get into foul trouble, when matchups dictate a smaller lineup, or to get the bigs a little more rest. He was on the floor a long time in that second half when we had that long dry spell and I was praying for Miller to yank him and get a more competent offensive player on the floor. Having Comanche, Pinder, PJC who is fresh off the injury and hasnt found his shot, an inconsistent shooter in Kobi and (IIRC) Kadeem out there against a zone spells doom.

Thanks for the insight rgdeuce.....I know his offensive game isn't very good but if he can't improve defensively, our bench just got a lot thinner (if that's even possible at this point). Wonder what happened....or is it just better competition that is showing his flaws?

Seemed like he was an unexpected surprise earlier in the season....
Bangkok Wildcat

Have asked the mods to delete this thread as we already have a Pinder one.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Good comments I'm sure we can just combine the threads.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Im never worried about anything that shows up in a box score with him, but he's been getting smoked on defense lately. Like Spliff said a while back, he cant guard 3's. He'll work in a pinch, when guys get into foul trouble, when matchups dictate a smaller lineup, or to get the bigs a little more rest. He was on the floor a long time in that second half when we had that long dry spell and I was praying for Miller to yank him and get a more competent offensive player on the floor. Having Comanche, Pinder, PJC who is fresh off the injury and hasnt found his shot, an inconsistent shooter in Kobi and (IIRC) Kadeem out there against a zone spells doom.

Thanks for the insight rgdeuce.....I know his offensive game isn't very good but if he can't improve defensively, our bench just got a lot thinner (if that's even possible at this point). Wonder what happened....or is it just better competition that is showing his flaws?

Seemed like he was an unexpected surprise earlier in the season....
I wouldnt say our bench got thinner. Hes still a valuable piece and at some point in this conference season, there will be a game where he makes a big play that will wins a game for us. There will likely be another (or two) where you look back and tell urself we dont win that game if we didnt have a Pinder on the bench to jump in when ____ and _____ were on the bench in foul trouble. He's already done that once this year and that was before PJC went down. Once Trier gets on the floor (fingers crossed), the minutes are obviously going to be slashed, but I anticipate they are going to fluctuate more, 4 minutes one game, 8 in another, and then some nights 14 plus.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Seems like every player should have their own thread.

Showed so much promise prior to the Bay trip.....where has his game gone? Thoughts?

Keanu is small for a 4 and not laterally quick enough for a 3 on D. He doesn't have much of an offensive game to speak of. He is a decent athlete and brings energy.

With that player profile, his minutes will always be limited. We have memories of Edgerson, but he averaged 4 and 4 here. Pinder is that same kind of guy. Can play a role in bringing energy for 10-15, but not really cut out for a bigger role.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

threads merged. :)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Seems like every player should have their own thread.

I've been wondering the same thing. I liked his hustle and rebounding at first, and wanted him to get some of Chance's minutes. Now I want Chance to get most of his minutes.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I keep checking this thread to see if there's pictures of Lucy.
Bangkok Wildcat

PieceOfMeat wrote:threads merged. :)
Thank you sir! :-)

Back to Pinder, I hope he picks up his defense soon because we desperately need his minutes off our short bench IMHO. Thank goodness Lauri has kept out of foul trouble lately.....Hey Keanu, c'mon Mate, pick it up and Bear Down :-)
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I may lose my mind if I see him leave his man on the perimeter to help a teammate on a drive from the perimeter again (or show help and overcommit). Makes total sense to leave Xavier Johnson wide open for a 3 because their point has a half step on PJC. Did it multiple times tonight and multiple times against Utah. I'm betting we were outscored by Utah and Colorado in minutes when he was on the floor.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He was really bad this home stand and last night was his worst game of the year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

He needs a confidence boost. Regressed. His follies on offense seem to be messing with his mind, because the hustle, D and boards have fallen off.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:He needs a confidence boost. Regressed. His follies on offense seem to be messing with his mind, because the hustle, D and boards have fallen off.
Absolutely. He's clearly angry at himself and out of his groove. Not a matter of getting exposed by better talent during conference play. He looked better against better competition at the start of the season.
gumby

Post by gumby »

And perhaps frustrated with Chance getting his minutes as a result. These things can snowball (or whatever the desert metaphor would be).
Dave

Post by Dave »

This can't be a frustration over minutes thing. His regression has been a slow process and has been going for awhile now. If wish he would quit leaving his feet on defense.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

he was pouting pretty hard on the bench last night. i think it is at least partly a pt thing. PJC coming back from injury and dusan + chance on the upswing puts him in a tough situation, no matter how hard he practices or plays. and when trier returns, the pie will be even smaller.

someone should remind pindah that he wasn't even expected to be eligible for this season originally. recognize silver linings and such.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I was going to quote a TucsonClip post about team chemistry from Scout Premium, but I'll let him talk about it if he wants to.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Would love to hear it Chi. He got pulled after making two straight turnovers and then on defense he looked like a chicken with his head cut off.

He did sulk on the bench but he had no one to blame but himself. He was trying way to hard and should of just let the game flow
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:Would love to hear it Chi.
He said something to the effect of "most of" the main rotation guys getting along very well. Wondering if that has a deeper meaning as far as it not being "all".
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Pinder has given us many good minutes this year... right now he is struggling

I think he will get it back together

What team wouldn't kill to have as their #1 weakness be their #4 big man?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If Trier returns, and PJC and the rest of the team can stay injury free, it's Pinder as the number 8 whose minutes are going to suffer. 80 minutes between the 4 and 5 positions, and Ristic, Lauri and Comanche can handle those.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:If Trier returns, and PJC and the rest of the team can stay injury free, it's Pinder as the number 8 whose minutes are going to suffer. 80 minutes between the 4 and 5 positions, and Ristic, Lauri and Comanche can handle those.
True, even though there will still be stretches where Lauri moves to the 3 because Miller apparently likes that big lineup option. Otherwise, Kobi will start taking minutes at the 3 behind Rawle.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

you can blame me for his recent bad play.

i was picking him in RAP.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

gumby

Post by gumby »

PieceOfMeat wrote:you can blame me for his recent bad play.

i was picking him in RAP.
Pick Cruz from now on.