F*ck Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

legallykenny

Re: F*ck Larry Scott

Post by legallykenny »

Not paying the PAC-12 basketball refs seems like the one Larry Scott idea we should all get behind.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

legallykenny wrote:Not paying the PAC-12 basketball refs seems like the one Larry Scott idea we should all get behind.
:lol:

But for real, I'd rather we paid real refs and refused to pay Larry.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m sure they’d love to pay the refs, but the PAC headquarters is in the craziest real estate market in the country, so..... you know..... priorities.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

Well it's finally personal for me. I have been on the road for a week, got home last night, fired up the old U-Verse to see the Cats and got static.

While not exactly a Luddite, I have ignored the pleas and advice on the board to those that could not get the Pac 12 network in their area and I did not find anything from a quick search other than subscribing to other pay solutions that cost about as much as basic cable.

Any quick solutions folks could share would be appreciated!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

If you have a smart TV, Roku, fire stick etc you should be able to get sling. $25 a month including their sports pack which includes all 5 pac 12 Channels.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

FYI there are 7 PAC-12 Network channels
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

atlantakat wrote:Well it's finally personal for me. I have been on the road for a week, got home last night, fired up the old U-Verse to see the Cats and got static.

While not exactly a Luddite, I have ignored the pleas and advice on the board to those that could not get the Pac 12 network in their area and I did not find anything from a quick search other than subscribing to other pay solutions that cost about as much as basic cable.

Any quick solutions folks could share would be appreciated!
Just google "Reddit ncaa basketball streams" then scroll down to the Arizona game and click on a link. I do Sling, but the free method is just as good.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Sling has them all!
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote: Just google "Reddit ncaa basketball streams" then scroll down to the Arizona game and click on a link. I do Sling, but the free method is just as good.
Agreed. If on a FireTV download Silk Browser and use that to navigate to the reddit streams.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

While he may be correct, Byrne is still a piece of shit. Some of his comments about Scott could be said about him as AD.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

prh wrote:While he may be correct, Byrne is still a piece of shit. Some of his comments about Scott could be said about him as AD.
He did say a lot of those things as AD of Arizona
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:While he may be correct, Byrne is still a piece of shit. Some of his comments about Scott could be said about him as AD.
He did say a lot of those things as AD of Arizona
I meant some of those things could be said about his tenure as our AD.
because there wasn't a lot of concern with what we had to say
I think Baillie Gibson would have something to say about.
concerned about the conference's expenses
The number of years we paid Butts for nothing doesn't look good either.

And mostly, I'm not really interested in hearing what GB has to say, unless it's him admitting that he was negligent and left our department with multiple shit shows to clean up.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Don't look now but Larry Scott is auctioning off the PAC12
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not profitable to our member schools and he wants to sell equity. Good luck with that. Non profits mixing with public for profit orgs, interesting
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azcat49 wrote:Not profitable to our member schools and he wants to sell equity. Good luck with that. Non profits mixing with public for profit orgs, interesting
You’ll laugh when he sells out our “not profitable” revenue stream for pennies on the dollar and then suddenly turns it around, privatizing our conference’s athletics profits.

But that won’t happen, right? :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Feckless universities let this go on.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Feckless universities let this go on.
Yep fuck you asu and Dr. Crow
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I don’t know all the details of this deal but my gut tells me Oregon hates this idea and that’s why they leaked it to the Oregon writer. We candidly could really use the money but Oregon doesn’t and clear that school hates Larry Scott. They want to out Larry Scott ASAP which I am all for.

Candidly this was always Larry Scott’s plan in doing the PAC network. Instead of renting out our content like the SEC does we would own it so we could monetize it. It’s actually an interesting idea but clearly has not worked at all.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Why do we need this?

Oh yeah...Fuck Larry Scott

-JB
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:Why do we need this?

Oh yeah...Fuck Larry Scott

Fire Larry Scott and the PR for the PAC12 goes through the roof
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:I don’t know all the details of this deal but my gut tells me Oregon hates this idea and that’s why they leaked it to the Oregon writer. We candidly could really use the money but Oregon doesn’t and clear that school hates Larry Scott. They want to out Larry Scott ASAP which I am all for.

Candidly this was always Larry Scott’s plan in doing the PAC network. Instead of renting out our content like the SEC does we would own it so we could monetize it. It’s actually an interesting idea but clearly has not worked at all.
Most of this is coming from disgruntled Pac 12 employees from my understanding. Larry Scott doesn't have a large fan club.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I hope the leaks keep leaking.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

So do I.

And if you don't think this hiring of a PR firm is only about protecting Scott after another crap December in the conference's two major sports, you're deluding yourself. Look up the conference's record against mid-majors from the first year Scott took over to now. It's an embarrassment, and Scott has no idea how to pursue reform of the athletic product--even if he wanted to.

Worst game officials in college sports, and with no end in sight, results in a significantly weakened conference that cannot compete for eyeballs, let alone postseason titles. "Conference of Champions"? That name's not going to be salvaged by any PR firm if a member school can't at least win a Rose Bowl or make a Final Four by 2020.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I don’t know all the details of this deal but my gut tells me Oregon hates this idea and that’s why they leaked it to the Oregon writer. We candidly could really use the money but Oregon doesn’t and clear that school hates Larry Scott. They want to out Larry Scott ASAP which I am all for.

Most of this is coming from disgruntled Pac 12 employees from my understanding. Larry Scott doesn't have a large fan club.
Got it, fuck larry scott then. Have to imagine he is fired soon
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Larry Scott is the Pac 12's version of former IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch, who required media and anyone else addressing him to say, "his excellency."

Just like the IOC, Larry Scott has enriched himself while having very little to show for his efforts. It's confusing as hell why the 12 college presidents of this conference don't wake the hell up and fire him. Of course, those 12 presidents probably don't realize how bad Scott is because they're doing the same thing at their own schools, only on a smaller scale. They live in ivory towers and have no clue how pissed off their fan base and alumni are.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

zonagrad wrote:Larry Scott is the Pac 12's version of former IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch, who required media and anyone else addressing him to say, "his excellency."

Just like the IOC, Larry Scott has enriched himself while having very little to show for his efforts. It's confusing as hell why the 12 college presidents of this conference don't wake the hell up and fire him. Of course, those 12 presidents probably don't realize how bad Scott is because they're doing the same thing at their own schools, only on a smaller scale. They live in ivory towers and have no clue how pissed off their fan base and alumni are.
I have no idea what Bobby Robbins thinks of Larry Scott, but I can tell you from having met him, he is the exact opposite of what you are describing. He just went through a full comprehensive strategic plan at U of A where they met with literally all stakeholders on campus to think and discuss U of A's future.

https://strategicplan.arizona.edu/" target="_blank

When I met President Robbins for the first time I introduced myself and said "Nice to meet you President Robbins". The first thing out of his mouth was, "Please, call me Bobby"

He is also a MASSIVE sports fan so my gut tells me he would not put up with Larry Scott's bullshit.

Again, if anyone has a chance to meet Bobby, do so and I think you will come away very impressed especially at how down to earth he is.

Last edited by Newportcat on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:Larry Scott is the Pac 12's version of former IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch, who required media and anyone else addressing him to say, "his excellency."

I am going to an event two weeks from today with President Robbins where he is discussing the future of U of A and then showing the Oregon vs Arizona basketball game live on an IMAX screen. Maybe that describes other PAC-12 University presidents but not ours.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck Michael Crow
-JB
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

UAEebs86 wrote:Fuck Michael Crow
Why am I not surprised to learn that one of the presidents saying nice things about Larry Scott is from ASU?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:
Why am I not surprised to learn that one of the presidents saying nice things about Larry Scott is from ASU?
Morons run in packs.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

The perfect president for that school. This probably has more to do with not wanting to be wrong on Scott from the beginning than it has to do with him actually thinking the conference is well positioned.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

DrWildcat wrote:The perfect president for that school. This probably has more to do with not wanting to be wrong on Scott from the beginning than it has to do with him actually thinking the conference is well positioned.
Bingo.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Crow has been a moron for the last 15-20 years.

Couldn’t cut it at the Ivy’s so he ran to ASU and lorded over the “new American university” since he got there.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Having 100% control over nothing is an interesting concept.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It's like selling at a loss and claiming you'll make it up on volume.
-JB
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

CalStateTempe wrote:Crow has been a moron for the last 15-20 years.

Couldn’t cut it at the Ivy’s so he ran to ASU and lorded over the “new American university” since he got there.
Huh?? He is pretty widely recognized as one of, if not the, most innovative and successful large college administrators in the country.
He's going to turn ASU into a better school than Arizona sooner rather than later unless Arizona can develop better leadership of its own.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

legallykenny wrote:

Huh?? He is pretty widely recognized as one of, if not the, most innovative and successful large college administrators in the country.
He's going to turn ASU into a better school than Arizona sooner rather than later unless Arizona can develop better leadership of its own.
ASU is ahead of Arizona in digital innovation and online education. What else? Do you have an issue with President Robbins? The new strategic plan? The provost search? The deans? Just trying to get a sense of your opinion about the leadership.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Longhorned wrote:
legallykenny wrote:

ASU is ahead of Arizona in digital innovation and online education. What else? Do you have an issue with President Robbins? The new strategic plan? The provost search? The deans? Just trying to get a sense of your opinion about the leadership.
ASU has had huge growth in research funding and significantly improved recruitment of better students. I believe it now matches or exceeds Arizona's average entering ACT scores for example. The law school, which was historically a joke is now higher ranked and has higher entrance scores than Arizona. I'm sure there are other examples.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It's like selling at a loss and claiming you'll make it up on volume.
One of my favorite quotes by an old timer who is now passed, "I lose money on every job, but I make it up in volume"
I make money on every gallon of fuel I sell but I don't make any money til I sell the first 2000.

Not sure which is better, but his sounds cooler.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

legallykenny wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
legallykenny wrote:

ASU has had huge growth in research funding and significantly improved recruitment of better students. I believe it now matches or exceeds Arizona's average entering ACT scores for example. The law school, which was historically a joke is now higher ranked and has higher entrance scores than Arizona. I'm sure there are other examples.
Couple things

ASU under Crow has been smart in some areas.

1. They have significantly increased their enrollment size which means more students, more money, so they can focus some of those dollars into places like the Law School, business school, Honor's program, etc. But it basically means a lot of students are getting a very watered down education
2. They did invest in their honors college before Arizona did which was a dumb move on Arizona's part. However, Arizona is fixing that by building a whole new honor's campus which Robbins helped to push through
https://housing.arizona.edu/getting-started/honors" target="_blank
http://www.pdc.arizona.edu/project/18-9395" target="_blank
This will be a game changer for Arizona and help stem the tide of the smartest in state students going to ASU.
3. He pushed through a larger student fee then us for athletics and given their massive enrollment size it creates $10M a year or almost triple the revenue for ASU athletics so they have been able to really improve all their facilities. I also admire him being creative with their plans for selling land off for development in Tempe. Tempe has really turned into the premier place to invest capital in Arizona into real estate projects.

But he has also gotten very lucky
1. He went to an awful school so anything he does that is even slightly good looks amazing

Crow is perfect for ASU just like Bobby Hurley is perfect for ASU. He is completely full of shit. He is so wrong on the PAC 12 its amazing.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

What I do know about Crow is that he's afraid of Grand Canyon University and pussied out scheduling them. And to me, that's like an elephant afraid of a mouse.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:What I do know about Crow is that he's afraid of Grand Canyon University and pussied out scheduling them. And to me, that's like an elephant afraid of a mouse.
Yep. He used the "excuse" that GCU was for profit and took a moral highground on it. GCU is now non-profit again and he is too much of a bitch to schedule them now. Several asu fans have called Crow and Anderson out on it the last few months on the radio here in Phoenix.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Is gcu as a school good at/renowned for anything? They have a lot of billboards in the sac metro region.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

zonagrad wrote:What I do know about Crow is that he's afraid of Grand Canyon University and pussied out scheduling them. And to me, that's like an elephant afraid of a mouse.
Crow is one of those people who loves thinking they are the greatest thing ever from what I have heard. And ASU was the perfect school for him because the bar was so so low and they let him act like a King.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Newportcat wrote:
Crow is one of those people who loves thinking they are the greatest thing ever from what I have heard. And ASU was the perfect school for him because the bar was so so low and they let him act like a King.
What you’ve heard is correct.

I was involved with some science and policy discussions at the state level my senior year of college with him in attendance, and this was is general affect towards everything. Sure he’s done some good like you and LK state, but that’s largely because he’s at ASU after not cutting it as an administrator at Columbia.
prh

Post by prh »

It's pretty easy to make some decent progress when you are such an absolutely horrible university.

Some of the credit he's gotten is similar to Larry Scott moving the tournament to Vegas.

EDIT Ha and in the Scott thread no less! Didn't realize that
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm watching P12 and there's a really high amount of commercials where Pat Boone pushes his book on the government's war on cash and how you need to buy gold.

I guess advertisers ain't lining up, so you have to go with crazy conspiracy theory books to snatch money from the elderly.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm watching P12 and there's a really high amount of commercials where Pat Boone pushes his book on the government's war on cash and how you need to buy gold.

I guess advertisers ain't lining up, so you have to go with crazy conspiracy theory books to snatch money from the elderly.
Obviously the channel is in the lowest programmatic ad tier due to shit ratings. The direct buys are local (Tucson ads during UA games) because there isn’t a national footprint.

They can’t be making shit on ads.