F*ck Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

rgdeuce

F*ck Larry Scott

Post by rgdeuce »

I dont care if he already has one of these, he deserves another. That was complete horse shit and blatantly obvious. And these dipshits gave him a freakin contract extension
Gilbertcat

Re: F*ck Larry Scott

Post by Gilbertcat »

Yup. Fyi another foul was called on the podium
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

Is he there? Did he get booed again?
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Gilbertcat wrote:Yup. Fyi another foul was called on the podium
haha, don't give them any ideas. Free throws will be assessed at the start of conference play 17/18.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

shimdic wrote:Is he there? Did he get booed again?
Yep
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The gold starts at about 7:00 in this video, if you have WatchESPN: http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=2971721" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You can see the pain in his eyes anytime he has to hand us a trophy.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Let's not go overboard. I mean, we were playing them 5 on 4. They weren't allowed to replace Bouchier, so we should be able to score.

Wait. What?

No...I am pretty sure it was 5 on 4. They clearly made it known throughout that Oregon had no hope without Bouchier. If they could replace him, they wouldn't have been saying that. Bouchier isn't even a starter. I mean, it's not like he missed 19 games for PED or had a pinkie bone come out of his hand. If they were allowed to play someone else in his place, the broadcasters wouldn't have kept bringing it up...the difference between playing the starting 5 just a little longer wouldn't have been worth all that.

Right?

Right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Someone should kick him in the dick . . . if they can find it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bouchers a great player, but id swap any sixth man for three more wearing stripes who had the ability to 1) effectively cripple an entire defense in the second half to the point where they couldnt defend without getting whistled, 2) put important pieces on the bench in foul trouble, including the best defender who was skunking Dorsey, 3) handicapping Oregon double digit points off free throws, and 4) jumpstarting an
Ice cold Dorsey by letting him take 4 trips to the line to get his shot and confidence back.

Put it like this, all three of our tournament games were about 10 points closer than they should have been because of the refs blatant interference and efforts to keep our opponents in games. And thats being conservative. Colorado and UCLA both should have been 20+ victories and Oregon shoulda been in the teens.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Which is probably the real reason why Scott schedules these games so late. You think he doesn't know what would happen if the rest of the country saw, on a regular basis, the shit he pulls with Arizona?

The California prezes are the only things keeping this guy solid right now. He couldn't even elicit cheers about the new Pac-12 tourney attendance record, it was such a blatantly lame attempt at pandering. You can't find one single person who likes the @$$hole.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

The team he blatantly fists every single year is responsible for any and all success for this conference. Look in the stands, all red. We sell out Vegas, his tournament isnt shit without one of the best fanbases in the country. We sell out mckale. We fill everyone elses arena when we come to town. Id like to see their shitty pac 12 network ratings when it isnt football season and u rule out Arizona fans.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

rgdeuce wrote:The team he blatantly fists every single year is responsible for any and all success for this conference. Look in the stands, all red. We sell out Vegas, his tournament isnt shit without one of the best fanbases in the country. We sell out mckale. We fill everyone elses arena when we come to town. Id like to see their shitty pac 12 network ratings when it isnt football season and u rule out Arizona fans.
Exactly. Between baseball and hoops, Arizona fans float his incompetent network arguably six months out of the year. I can't even watch it in June or July: It just drifts worse than a lounge around a pool at night.

Yet he only wants a bigger share of that sweet, sweet L.A. market cash. P*ss on him...he wouldn't have the first clue how to get it and he doesn't have any idea where his bread is really buttered when it's not football season.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

There can never be enough threads like this.....I still can't believe he got that extension! I wish Brooks would elbow him in the nuts like he tried to do to Zo!
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Another point. If Scott cared about representing the PAC-12, then he should have been on all networks yesterday saying that the winner last night should get a number one seed. Including the fact that we should be getting more than three teams in the tourney, let alone four.

This conference deserves better!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:
Amateur athletics at its finest.
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

He got booed again this year. ;)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Said it in the in-game thread, and I'm going to make it my new sig: Larry Scott is starting to look like that guy on "Star Trek" from the Enterprise who always dies first in every episode.

He has Peter Principled himself into a position where he is actively working against the success of this conference, at least eight months out of the year. He has made the Pac-12 into the only Power 5 conference competing with a handicap. The sooner a real administrator can be found, the better.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

shimdic wrote:He got booed again this year. ;)
Did you see Miller motion with his hands to quiet the boos. :lol:
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

zonagrad wrote:
A few players were doing the same thing :lol: had to explain to my wife again why AZ hates Scott!
prh

Post by prh »

zonagrad wrote:
That came long after he was clapping during the initial boos :lol: :lol:
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

He has done it every year. Keeps trying to be respectful lol
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Lol, yeah that was awesome as well as some of the players reactions to it too :D. Larry can go eat a turd. EMBRACE.THE.HATE!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UofA fans have long memories.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:UofA fans have long memories.
I pray for Jay Bilas's sake he never steps foot in Tucson again
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
520in480

Post by 520in480 »

legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

PieceOfMeat wrote:UofA fans have long memories.
This is the reason we might survive the post-Sean mess. How many teams have a fan base that will show up to a dogshit event like the PAC-12 tourney with the passion and knowledge to relentlessly boo the conference commissioner year after year?
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

"Scott is the highest-paid conference commissioner, taking home more than $4 million a year. He's making more yearly than the universities he oversees make off the conference's television deal. If that doesn't adequately point out the flaws in his leadership I don't know what will."

Why does this conference keep him around? It made absolutely no sense to extend his contract to 2022. The university presidents need to wake up.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Insanity. Larry Scotts are what is wrong with America.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Interesting read on everyones favorite conference commish: We're actually paying this dolt more than the SEC commissioner????????????????

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... iver_index" target="_blank
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I propose merging the two Larry Scott threads and retaining the title of this one.

Fuck Larry Scott
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

What does Larry Scott do that benefits the conference?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

DrWildcat wrote:What does Larry Scott do that benefits the conference?
Larry Scott's decisions only benefit Larry Scott.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:Part 2 here: https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/orego ... ating.html" target="_blank
My god how does Larry Scott still have his job as PAC-12 commish? FUCK LARRY SCOTT. FUCK ANY PAC-12 CEO WHO VOTED TO EXTEND HIM. FUCK YOU LARRY SCOTT CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN VEGAS TO TELL YOU WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT YOU ARE.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
So the question is, what the hell are the PAC12 CEOs doing or do they just not care? How do 12 smart people not see that Scott is a garbage commissioner?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

DrWildcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
So the question is, what the hell are the PAC12 CEOs doing or do they just not care? How do 12 smart people not see that Scott is a garbage commissioner?
Fuck asu and Michael Crow. One of the true supporters of Larry Scott.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I'll never get over the fact that Larry Scott decided the Pac-12 offices needed to be in downtown San Francisco - the second most expensive real estate market in the country.

117,000 square feet at about $60/sf is more than $7 million in rent each year. Could have chosen Salt Lake City, or outside of LA, or across the bay in Oakland for God's sake. But no - all 117,000sf (some 750+ people, I assume) NEEDED to be in the most expensive real estate market possible for our conference.

What an absolute piece of shit move, throwing away our money so Larry and the boys can have their SF address. God I hate that dude.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Nice work by the Oregonian. Getting a lot of legs.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

YoDeFoe wrote:I'll never get over the fact that Larry Scott decided the Pac-12 offices needed to be in downtown San Francisco - the second most expensive real estate market in the country.

117,000 square feet at about $60/sf is more than $7 million in rent each year. Could have chosen Salt Lake City, or outside of LA, or across the bay in Oakland for God's sake. But no - all 117,000sf (some 750+ people, I assume) NEEDED to be in the most expensive real estate market possible for our conference.

What an absolute piece of shit move, throwing away our money so Larry and the boys can have their SF address. God I hate that dude.
Yep. Totally agree. Need to move it to Vegas or Phoenix. (For convenience of getting to the offices and network and to the other schools)

I know Greg Byrne was really not a fan of Scott and was really upset about the spending and the offices being in SF. Also know someone who works for the Big Ten and they are amazed how much Scott spends and acts.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

PHXCATS wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:I'll never get over the fact that Larry Scott decided the Pac-12 offices needed to be in downtown San Francisco - the second most expensive real estate market in the country.

Yep. Totally agree. Need to move it to Vegas or Phoenix. (For convenience of getting to the offices and network and to the other schools)

I know Greg Byrne was really not a fan of Scott and was really upset about the spending and the offices being in SF. Also know someone who works for the Big Ten and they are amazed how much Scott spends and acts.
Supposedly, the decision to move was made by the PAC12 CEO group before Scott took over. From the Oregonian/OregonLive article:

Walker, the Pac-12 Conference spokesperson, said Scott isn't to blame for that.
"The decision to situate the Conference headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area as opposed to other member university markets was made by the Pac-12 CEO Group," he said. "This decision was made prior to Commissioner Scott assuming his role."
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The spending is out of control besides just the rent in San Francisco. That is what my contact at the Big Ten said. They are like Google with the spending except we dont have the income and need to have that type of spending.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:The spending is out of control besides just the rent in San Francisco. That is what my contact at the Big Ten said. They are like Google with the spending except we dont have the income and need to have that type of spending.
Yup, plus all the entire Pac-12 CEO group sans two presidents at ASU and OSU, are not in power any more. If we're letting Michael Crow and the president of a school who shouldn't even be in the conference dictate our leadership then we're f***ed.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:The spending is out of control besides just the rent in San Francisco. That is what my contact at the Big Ten said. They are like Google with the spending except we dont have the income and need to have that type of spending.
Yup, plus all the entire Pac-12 CEO group sans two presidents at ASU and OSU, are not in power any more. If we're letting Michael Crow and the president of a school who shouldn't even be in the conference dictate our leadership then we're f***ed.
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK ASU
FUCK MICHAEL CROW
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK LARRY SCOTT
FUCK ASU
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Pac 12 headquarters needs to be in Vegas, not Phoenix. That's were any Football/Basketball Championship games are to be played in the future anyhow amongst other reasons previously mentioned.

Also - Interesting that Pac 12 Headquarter is next the AT&T Park and Scott can't even work a deal with AT&T for the future. Another reason to get out of town.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I'm more disgusted that Scott is the highest earning conference commissioner. Absolutely ridiculous. What the hell are the Pac 12 university presidents thinking? There is nothing extraordinary about Scott. Nothing. He arrived when the conference's TV contract was expiring and proceeded to negotiate a mediocre deal that was quickly surpassed by all the other power conferences.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

DrWildcat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Supposedly, the decision to move was made by the PAC12 CEO group before Scott took over. From the Oregonian/OregonLive article:

Walker, the Pac-12 Conference spokesperson, said Scott isn't to blame for that.
"The decision to situate the Conference headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area as opposed to other member university markets was made by the Pac-12 CEO Group," he said. "This decision was made prior to Commissioner Scott assuming his role."
Good insight. I'll add that Scott could sublease his space and make money in a move to a lower cost office (lower by a third). 117k sf of office space in SOMA would get snapped up in a handful of months. If he wanted to pay back some of his exorbitant salary, that'd be a step in the right direction.