I want to fight you in real life

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

I want to fight you in real life

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's how I know I'm upset about an Arizona game. Usually I can just disagree with posters and not get too bent out of shape. Between being upset about the game and tired from the resulting lack of sleep, when I see a post I really disagree with, I don't just roll with it easily. I get mad and want to challenge the poster to a fistfight.

This is what another tournament loss does to your personal dignity and balance. I need to go listen to Enya in a bubble bath or something.
Chicat

Re: I want to fight you in real life

Post by Chicat »

Meanwhile I'm just sad. If anyone wants to watch Field of Dreams and cry while we hold each other in a totally non-sexual way, send me a PM.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Killvervibe signed off last night until next season I believe.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I was ready to throw last night, i'm alright right now
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:Meanwhile I'm just sad. If anyone wants to watch Field of Dreams and cry while we hold each other in a totally non-sexual way, send me a PM.
There's a good chance I'd cry during or after a fight, if that matters.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:Meanwhile I'm just sad. If anyone wants to watch Field of Dreams and cry while we hold each other in a totally non-sexual way, send me a PM.
There's a good chance I'd cry during or after a fight, if that matters.
Let's hug it out Spaceman. There there .... it's gonna be ok. Everything is going to be just fine. You just let it all out slugger...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yeah i'm just deflated and sad. :'(
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Main Event wrote:I was ready to throw last night, i'm alright right now
That's how I felt at the game with all these fans around me while trying to leave. Between you all here, I did feel like crying, felt it welling up, but didn't. But it was close.

For myself and everyone else's safety, i buried what was left of my dignity and hailed a pedicab.

Rock bottom.

Now I'm just in mourning of what could've been. This one hurts.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Just put my final four tickets up for sale. Hopefully I can rip off some bluegrass KY fan or someone in enfuegos family.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Main Event wrote:I was ready to throw last night, i'm alright right now
That's how I felt at the game with all these fans around me while trying to leave. Between you all here, I did feel like crying, felt it welling up, but didn't. But it was close.

For myself and everyone else's safety, i buried what was left of my dignity and hailed a pedicab.

Rock bottom.

Now I'm just in mourning of what could've been. This one hurts.
Exactly, regarding the mourning and what could've been. The game shouldnt have been that close and when you let a team hang around anything can happen in the last 2 minutes and then boom, clock is at zero. I'm sure we all had the same sinking feeling in our stomachs with 1 min left. This team definitely should've been E8 at a minimum the way the bracket shook out. Very disappointing.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Sick literally and so so sad. I am ETSU sad, not Santa Clara sad. Looking for answers of why without laying blame and no one has to hurt more than the coaches and players. Sad we wasted a top 10 pick in a tourney game where we can't get him a shot in the last 10 minutes. Sad we found a way to blow a 7 point lead with 3 minute to go.

Just sad the path was paved to have a magical finish to a wonderful year and once again I feel someone reached into my heart and just pulled it out. Don't want to work, don't want to talk to anyone and just want to say FU to almost anything. Why does this sh#t happen
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

the pain makes the joy so much better. It is true. Signed this Cubs fan
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

No matter how upset you are about this, the more you really think about it, the worse it continues to get.

The only solution is to jump off a bridge. Find one with a straight drop of about 10 feet into a shallow creek. You'll kind of splash onto your stomach after your feet hit the bottom, and then your foot will be lodged in the mud as you try to prop yourself up, and you'll fall over sideways into the water again. Some children on bicycles will see the whole thing, and call out to their parents, who will look out the window at you while shaking their heads. As you pull yourself up the loose soil of the bank missing a shoe, you'll have new, image-related issues to deal with, and you won't fully recall the cascade of thoughts that drove you to jump in the first place.
Last edited by Longhorned on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's how I know I'm upset about an Arizona game. Usually I can just disagree with posters and not get too bent out of shape. Between being upset about the game and tired from the resulting lack of sleep, when I see a post I really disagree with, I don't just roll with it easily. I get mad and want to challenge the poster to a fistfight.

This is what another tournament loss does to your personal dignity and balance. I need to go listen to Enya in a bubble bath or something.
Know the feeling. There were a couple of posts last night that I didn't see eye to eye with, and I caught myself getting ready to post a response that would have come across like I was a raging, hormonal bitch. I'm glad I caught myself, because pretty much everyone here sans a couple of trolls are good people. Think almost all of us were different levels of irrational after the loss. I did completely come unhinged on an old friend who always has a passive-aggressive dig waiting after each tournament loss. And I do mean unhinged.
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

Longhorned wrote:No matter how upset you are about this, the more you really think about it, the worse it continues to get.

The only solution is to jump off a bridge. Find one with a straight drop of about 10 feet into a shallow creek. You'll kind of splash onto your stomach after your feet hit the bottom, and then your foot will be lodged in the mud as you try to prop yourself up, and you'll fall over sideways into the water again. Some children on bicycles will see the whole thing, and call out to their parents, who will look out the window at you while shaking their heads. As you pull yourself up the loose soil of the bank missing a shoe, you'll have new, image-related issues to deal with, and you won't fully recall the cascade of thoughts that drove you to jump in the first place.
The rillito river has about two inches of water in places where it kind of pools. I'm on it!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gato Salvaje wrote:
Longhorned wrote:No matter how upset you are about this, the more you really think about it, the worse it continues to get.

The rillito river has about two inches of water in places where it kind of pools. I'm on it!
Yeah, that entire post is sort of impossible if you live in Tucson. Maybe I should drag a kiddie pool into my driveway, fill it with grain alcohol and see what happens.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I went through an interesting transition from last night to now. Last night I was in a fit of rage I hadn't experienced in a long time in regards to sports and now I'm completely apathetic to it all. If we get to the Final Four we get to the Final Four, until then whatever. No matter of bitching about last night's results will change it, but maybe the man in charge will adjust his approach in some manners that'll help us finally get over the hump. If not then eventually there will be a next coach.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:I went through an interesting transition from last night to now. Last night I was in a fit of rage I hadn't experienced in a long time in regards to sports and now I'm completely apathetic to it all. If we get to the Final Four we get to the Final Four, until then whatever. No matter of bitching about last night's results will change it, but maybe the man in charge will adjust his approach in some manners that'll help us finally get over the hump. If not then eventually there will be a next coach.
and eventually you and everyone you know will die and it will be all irrelevant anyway.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I went through an interesting transition from last night to now. Last night I was in a fit of rage I hadn't experienced in a long time in regards to sports and now I'm completely apathetic to it all. If we get to the Final Four we get to the Final Four, until then whatever. No matter of bitching about last night's results will change it, but maybe the man in charge will adjust his approach in some manners that'll help us finally get over the hump. If not then eventually there will be a next coach.
and eventually you and everyone you know will die and it will be all irrelevant anyway.
I believe Arizona fans find favor in the afterlife.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Bingo. That's the nihilistic apathy I'm looking to spread today.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol. That's a laugh that a desperately needed.

Man, work is gonna suck today.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

normally i am not alone at work at all but today i am able to be completey secluded and away from all coworkers. it is helping a lot.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm in Spokane. So, yeah.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:I'm in Spokane. So, yeah.
Good thing I've moved from anger to acceptance. That's a long flight, and I don't really feel like seeing the Zag fans all happy.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
gumby wrote:I'm in Spokane. So, yeah.
Good thing I've moved from anger to acceptance. That's a long flight, and I don't really feel like seeing the Zag fans all happy.
Can't swing a dead (Wild)cat without hitting a jubilant Bulldog.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's how I know I'm upset about an Arizona game. Usually I can just disagree with posters and not get too bent out of shape. Between being upset about the game and tired from the resulting lack of sleep, when I see a post I really disagree with, I don't just roll with it easily. I get mad and want to challenge the poster to a fistfight.

Know the feeling. There were a couple of posts last night that I didn't see eye to eye with, and I caught myself getting ready to post a response that would have come across like I was a raging, hormonal bitch. I'm glad I caught myself, because pretty much everyone here sans a couple of trolls are good people. Think almost all of us were different levels of irrational after the loss. I did completely come unhinged on an old friend who always has a passive-aggressive dig waiting after each tournament loss. And I do mean unhinged.
My only way of dealing with that was to remove myself for a 96 hour mental hold.

This game hurt like Illinois. It was such a roller coaster, but it was finally over. Done. We finally got that separation. They would almost literally have to score on every possession and hit 2 threes and...

...fuck it. I better leave for a while longer. I am not ready for this.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I've got to admit, moving away from North Carolina has made the aftermath of a UA tourney loss much easier to handle.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

Puerco wrote:I've got to admit, moving away from North Carolina has made the aftermath of a UA tourney loss much easier to handle.
True. But the highs aren't as high either.

I'm hoping Gonzaga wins this, but it's still tough to be immersed in the hype. Doesn't help that they dismantled Xavier.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I almost lost it waiting in line for lunch yesterday. The restaurant was showing a replay of the Gonzaga/Xavier game on the bar TV, which prompted the guy behind me to ask his buddy if he watched the Arizona game. Blah blah blah, and all that stood out was "Arizona always gets upset by weak teams every year." Bit my tongue but I probably could have thrown him 30 feet at that point. Casual fans, right?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

my old college roommate is coming out from Illinois and we are going to the Final Four. I told him I am not wearing any Arizona gear...I do not want anything jumping off. He is a die hard...his stories equal these, including his infamous "walk" where, when the Santa Clara game ended, he walked out the front door of the condo and disappeared into the Tucson streets, not returning for hours...but he is insisting on wearing gear because he wants to talk to hoops fans and represent his school.

I just don't know...it isn't any shame. I just don't want to be a target for stupid people to say stupid things that lead to stupid confrontations...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:I almost lost it waiting in line for lunch yesterday. The restaurant was showing a replay of the Gonzaga/Xavier game on the bar TV, which prompted the guy behind me to ask his buddy if he watched the Arizona game. Blah blah blah, and all that stood out was "Arizona always gets upset by weak teams every year." Bit my tongue but I probably could have thrown him 30 feet at that point. Casual fans, right?
I had that exact experience yesterday. The person saying it to me was a police officer in uniform with a gun, so I didn't feel like that was the right time to snap back.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

http://azdailysun.com/news/no-arrests-s ... ign=LEEDCC

A fight at a local bar after the University of Arizona’s loss to Xavier on Thursday led to significant knife injuries for one patron and left another possibly unconscious, but no arrests have been made.

A Flagstaff police report states that at least five people were involved in a fight that began in Sportsman’s Bar and Grill located at 1000 N Humphreys St., but then spilled into the parking lot.

According to one witness’ statements, five men -- two Hispanic, two Native American and one Asian -- began heckling each other after the game and were kicked out of the bar.

The witness then said that the Asian man walked up to one of the other men and “swung at him.” The Asian man fell to the ground and all four men began fighting him, possibly making him lose consciousness, according to reports.

Names of the individuals involved in the fight have been redacted because no one has been charged with crime.

The report then states that at least two knives were found at scene -- one a pocket knife with dried blood on the blade as well as another blade found in the parking lot of the sports bar.

The police report confirmed that at least one person suffered significant but non-life-threatening injuries from a knife.

The victim, who was also involved in the fight, was taken to Flagstaff Medical Center by his wife. Police reported that he had at least “three stab wounds around his face,” and part of his lip was “significantly cut in half.”

The victim’s friend stated that the two men went to the bar to root for Xavier and a man wielding a knife asked them, “Do you know what town this is?” The victim then started to fight the man with the knife.

No arrests were made immediately after the incident but the case has been forwarded to Flagstaff Police detectives.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

UAEebs86 wrote:

A fight at a local bar after the University of Arizona’s loss to Xavier on Thursday led to significant knife injuries for one patron and left another possibly unconscious, but no arrests have been made.

A Flagstaff police report states that at least five people were involved in a fight that began in Sportsman’s Bar and Grill located at 1000 N Humphreys St., but then spilled into the parking lot.

According to one witness’ statements, five men -- two Hispanic, two Native American and one Asian -- began heckling each other after the game and were kicked out of the bar.

The witness then said that the Asian man walked up to one of the other men and “swung at him.” The Asian man fell to the ground and all four men began fighting him, possibly making him lose consciousness, according to reports.

Names of the individuals involved in the fight have been redacted because no one has been charged with crime.

The report then states that at least two knives were found at scene -- one a pocket knife with dried blood on the blade as well as another blade found in the parking lot of the sports bar.

The police report confirmed that at least one person suffered significant but non-life-threatening injuries from a knife.

The victim, who was also involved in the fight, was taken to Flagstaff Medical Center by his wife. Police reported that he had at least “three stab wounds around his face,” and part of his lip was “significantly cut in half.”

The victim’s friend stated that the two men went to the bar to root for Xavier and a man wielding a knife asked them, “Do you know what town this is?” The victim then started to fight the man with the knife.

No arrests were made immediately after the incident but the case has been forwarded to Flagstaff Police detectives.
Ok, which one of you border line psychos did this?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I'm not borderline. In fact I thought all of us on this board were certifiable and carried a picture ID to prove it. Clearly some amateur UA fans in Flagstaff were involved. Probably go to NAU but root for Arizona.
gumby

Post by gumby »

If that dude had gone zone instead of man to man ...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Flagtown has always been really strong UA.

A yearbook from 10,000 years ago showed my class with over 60% headed to UA, only 30% to NAU, and 2 or 3 lost souls going to ASU.

A kid showed up to school in a UNLV satin jacket after the 89 loss and a couple of the football players walked him to his locker and asked him kindly, with implied violence, to remove the jacket and not wear it again on campus.

Honestly, with the Native Americans, I think Cliff Johns pushed a lot of them to be UA fans. And Native American basketball is life on the rez...go to the 3A final sometime if it is Window Rock v Winslow with KTNN broadcasting on their blowtorch from the 4 Corners...it will outdraw any other division easily, filling the arena an hour before tip. Girls or boys...doesn't matter. And when I go back to Flag, which is pretty often, the town is more Red and Blue than even Blue and Gold, which is kind of a shame as a fan of NAU as well...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

IndianaZonaFan wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

Ok, which one of you border line psychos did this?
I'll give it up to that Xavier fan. When a guy brandishes a knife at you, and you immediately start a fight with him, you've got guts. Maybe not a ton of brains, but guts.

Not me. I just walked from my bedroom to living room and sat on the couch in sadness and darkness.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

It is a nice story, but that is pretty much any random Thursday at Sportsmans...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

A look at what Cliff was doing earlier this decade

http://navajotimes.com/sports/2010/0110 ... elieve.php
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

two Hispanic, two Native American and one Asian

I admire the power of observation of the person reporting the perps.

Here are the council leaders of the Chumash Indians, on the reservation near where I live.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You got to be dumber than shit or drunk out of your mind to a) fight a guy with a knife unless you are defending yourself from said knife, and b) fight a guy with a knife when he has four friends with him and you only have one.