Sidiki Johnson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

az91

Sidiki Johnson

Post by az91 »

I saw an article on Twitter today about Mo Bamba that mentioned that Sidiki Johnson, Bamba's oldest brother, is currently serving time in jail for robbery:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... l-advisor/" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Re: Sidiki Johnson

Post by rgdeuce »

Thats unfortunate for Sidiki. The bigger story here: how the hell does someone snitch on their own brother?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It continues to be all downhill for Sidiki since the red/blue game.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

"Greer Love" is a great name for a sleazy basketball financial adviser.
prh

Post by prh »

Can we move this to arch rivals? I feel like you gotta make it through a whole season (and not trash us afterwards) to get the privilege of staying here.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I read the Bamba article on BR this morning and there was no mention of Sidiki. Crazy.

This is not good for Texas. NCAA has to step in right?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

prh wrote:Can we move this to arch rivals? I feel like you gotta make it through a whole season (and not trash us afterwards) to get the privilege of staying here.
But a kid who was a college basketball bust who's now serving time can't meet the definition of an "arch rival" of Arizona Basketball.
prh

Post by prh »

Longhorned wrote:
prh wrote:Can we move this to arch rivals? I feel like you gotta make it through a whole season (and not trash us afterwards) to get the privilege of staying here.
But a kid who was a college basketball bust who's now serving time can't meet the definition of an "arch rival" of Arizona Basketball.
Well until we add a "college basketball riffraff" forum to move the asu thread into, it's sadly the most accurate
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:It continues to be all downhill for Sidiki since the red/blue game.
Thread should have been locked right here.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

wow. that just bummed me the f out.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

prh wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Well until we add a "college basketball riffraff" forum to move the asu thread into, it's sadly the most accurate
I'm on board.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Move it to Shirts and Skins.
Right where I want to be.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

How many years do you get for stealing a scholarship?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

NCAA clears Bamba in the most NCAA way possible

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... oke-rules/" target="_blank
Love's long-standing relationship with Bamba had already been established by the NCAA. Still, upon Johnson's video upload and contact to the NCAA, a second round of checks were made.

On Tuesday, the NCAA cleared Bamba. Texas was never formally investigated by the NCAA's enforcement staff. This was purely a matter of amateurism eligibility.

"After evaluating all available information, the NCAA determined the assistance Greer Love provides to Mohamed Bamba does not violate rules," the NCAA's statement reads. "Bamba remains certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center."

"Based on the information provided, the relationship between [Bamba] and Mr. Love meets the 6/6/2000 pre-existing relationship test. In this case, the relationship between [Bamba] and Mr. Love developed when [Bamba] was in 4th grade through an after school mentoring program. Although the mentoring program had both an academic and athletics purpose, their relationship was not established based on [Bamba's] ability or reputation as an athlete. Further, the pattern of communication between [Bamba] and Mr. Love has been continuous and the benefits provided to [Bamba] have been consistent since the establishment of their relationship. In addition, Mr. Love has a consistent, established pattern of providing comparable benefits to other individuals (and family of individuals) who were also a part of the mentoring program and most of which are pursuing nonathletic career paths/opportunities. Therefore, based on the information provided, the benefits provided to [Bamba] by Mr. Love are not in violation of NCAA amateurism rules. Further, any future benefits provided to [Bamba] by Mr. Love are permissible provided the pattern of such benefits remain consistent. Finally, there is no evidence in the facts provided that Mr. Love meets the definition of an agent for purposes of NCAA rules."
A lot of fluff in there. Did they actually watch what Johnson said in the video? Apparently not. Unless buying TVs, shoes and sending kids on all expenses paid trips is totally legal