Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Hank of sb

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Hank of sb »

Chicat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Sweet.

Win and vacate.
Never take down the banner.
Now that we've already got the banner why don't we hang it now. Then go out and win the damn thing again!

Then vacate.

This way everyone gets what they want.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Always laugh at the if we vacate it must not have happened. Win it and vacate I could care less. For me out would be 5 FF's and 2 NC's. Besides by the time the FBI gets done with the shoe companies and college bball, they will be the villains and justifiably so. North Carolinas class gate ius more of an affront to what college athletics stand for
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Wouldn't this hypothetical national championship be vacated only if proof emerges that Book paid a player on the current roster, thus making that player retrospectively ineligible? Otherwise, Book's actions would result in scholarship sanctions, but without an effect on the 2017-18 roster, there would be no basis for retroactively vacating that team's wins.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chicat wrote:

Win and vacate.
Russ Smith will be the one removing said banner, confirmed.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The NCAA isn't strong or moral enough IMO to erase my memories.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Win and vacate.
“Hello, I’m Russ Smith and I’d like to take twenty minutes or so of your time to explain why I’m on this ladder...”
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Russ Smith wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Russ Smith wrote:I literally have no idea what your point is?
Welcome to our world when you post. Pretty fucking annoying, isnt it?
no my posts make sense, have a point, and are written in English.
Russ, I had an English teacher once, many years ago. She continuously urged us to avoid using what she called 'hearts and flowers' in our writing. She would've had a field day with you.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Win and vacate.
“Hello, I’m Russ Smith and I’d like to take twenty minutes or so of your time to explain why I’m on this ladder...”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
killervibe

Post by killervibe »

I’m a strong believer in the presumption of innocence. I’d love to believe that Book is innocent and believe that he should be presumed to be so until found guilty in a court of law. Unfortunately for him, the program, and the fans, it does appear they may have a solid case against him.

I hope there’s a legally plausible explanation.
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Wouldn't this hypothetical national championship be vacated only if proof emerges that Book paid a player on the current roster, thus making that player retrospectively ineligible? Otherwise, Book's actions would result in scholarship sanctions, but without an effect on the 2017-18 roster, there would be no basis for retroactively vacating that team's wins.
Dawkins or Sood (forgot which) said they gave something to a current Arizona player. That is the only alternative thing. The silver lining in that is it means we didn't lose to Xavier.

It has to be insanely hard to prove a historical cash transfer if the transferring parties did anything to camouflage it.

The odd part is that if the NCAA did ask schools to have internal investigations done only after the FBI was done, that seems like a defense to vacating anything. How is Arizona supposed to suspend someone if they can't begin investigating until the FBI completes their end?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:The NCAA isn't strong or moral enough IMO to erase my memories.
I heard Book is using the UNC defense, blame it on a frat boy.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol...good one wyo.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

wyo-cat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:The NCAA isn't strong or moral enough IMO to erase my memories.
I heard Book is using the UNC defense, blame it on a frat boy.
Technically, I think the UNC defense is that he was spending $7,500 on Jahvon Quinerly and $7,500 on the president of Sigma Nu, and therefore, this is just how the institution operates.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I can’t wait till we start winning games this year and this scandal BS fades mercifully, however fleetingly, to the background. I can’t be the only one tired of reading about alleged money transfers, Quinerly, and Book. If whatever happened is bigger than Book, we’re gonna get dinged. But I’m happy to wait until April to discuss it further.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Wouldn't this hypothetical national championship be vacated only if proof emerges that Book paid a player on the current roster, thus making that player retrospectively ineligible? Otherwise, Book's actions would result in scholarship sanctions, but without an effect on the 2017-18 roster, there would be no basis for retroactively vacating that team's wins.
Dawkins or Sood (forgot which) said they gave something to a current Arizona player. That is the only alternative thing. The silver lining in that is it means we didn't lose to Xavier.

It has to be insanely hard to prove a historical cash transfer if the transferring parties did anything to camouflage it.

The odd part is that if the NCAA did ask schools to have internal investigations done only after the FBI was done, that seems like a defense to vacating anything. How is Arizona supposed to suspend someone if they can't begin investigating until the FBI completes their end?
First, Dawkins and/or Sood, if they have proof, will provide it. They already have crossed a line; they're not keeping quiet. Second, Gershon has now pinpointed Alkins as the alledged player to have received the money. Hence, if there was a question on which player, there is a question no more.

As we recall, Arizona recruiting was in trouble. We had but one player. Suddenly there was Kobi, Alkins and TFerg, all players that were decided 5* but, for some reason, were still on the board. All three players were recruited by Book. We now know Book has been caught dead to rights. Book is essentailly cornered. He has likely no defense. He can lighten his load one way. I am not suggesting Miller knew about stuff, but Book will likely be forthcoming if he did.

It's not a coincidence that USC, Arizona, Miami were suddenly geting hot in the recruiting world. Miami and USC seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Alabama, which originally had TFerg, has now fired a coach. Why? This stuff adds up in a way that is not becoming.

But, importantly, it does add up.

Lest we forget, Alkins is now driving a $105,000 car. What! Even if Alkin's car is a lease, someone is making those payments. The car thing alone, if I were the university president, would make me want to quit.

As for the FBI, there no reason the UofA should stop its investigation. Nor do they have to. The FBI is not the UofA's friend. They should politely decline the FBI and come up with some recommendations ASAP and then act upon those recommendations. Without continuing our own investigation we could be making things far worse than they have to be.....for ourselves.

With Alkins, I'd start with the car and go backwards. I think the car alone is enough to say to him we will honor your scholarship but court time is out. Or, if he prefers, they can just release Alkins (legally) with no restrictions. They could do this simply because they do not know and they believe its in their interest to be safe.

That's one issue--a big one-- resolved right there.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Athletes driving expensive vehicles is nothing new. At all. If it was so damning, then Arizona and scores of other programs would have put an end to it a long time ago. Driving an expensive car does not equal guilt.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hank of sb wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

First, Dawkins and/or Sood, if they have proof, will provide it. They already have crossed a line; they're not keeping quiet. Second, Gershon has now pinpointed Alkins as the alledged player to have received the money. Hence, if there was a question on which player, there is a question no more.

As we recall, Arizona recruiting was in trouble. We had but one player. Suddenly there was Kobi, Alkins and TFerg, all players that were decided 5* but, for some reason, were still on the board. All three players were recruited by Book. We now know Book has been caught dead to rights. Book is essentailly cornered. He has likely no defense. He can lighten his load one way. I am not suggesting Miller knew about stuff, but Book will likely be forthcoming if he did.

It's not a coincidence that USC, Arizona, Miami were suddenly geting hot in the recruiting world. Miami and USC seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Alabama, which originally had TFerg, has now fired a coach. Why? This stuff adds up in a way that is not becoming.

Lest we forget, Alkins is now driving a $105,000 car. What! Even if Alkin's car is a lease, someone is making those payments. The car thing alone, if I were the university president, would make me want to quit.

As for the FBI, there no reason the UofA should stop its investigation. Nor do they have to. The FBI is not the UofA's friend. They should politely decline the FBI and come up with some recommendations ASAP and then act upon those recommendations. Without continuing our own investigation we could be making things far worse than they have to be.....for ourselves.

With Alkins, I'd start with the car and go backwards. I think the car alone is enough to say to him we will honor your scholarship but court time is out. Or, if he prefers, they can just release Alkins (legally) with no restrictions. They could do this simply because they do not know and they believe its in their interest to be safe.

First off, please link the Gershon thing. I have not seen it and Google turns up nothing about him pinpointing Rawle.

Next, I do not see the 2016 class as such an odd thing. Arizona has landed scores of McDonald's All Americans before that. Comparing Miami with Arizona is silly. Aaron Gordon, Rondae and Stanley are all better players than Miami has recruited.

On ceasing the FBI, it was reported the NCAA requested schools back off until the FBI is done. What is Arizona going to do, tell the NCAA to pack sand? Telling either the NCAA or FBI to screw off would be idiotic.

I love the idea that we should kick players out without evidence. We should also get rid of Trier, Ayton and anyone else talented enough thag someone woud want to pay them. When we start Talbott Denny, Desjardins and a few intramural stars, we will be safe.

Geez.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

zonagrad wrote:Athletes driving expensive vehicles is nothing new. At all. If it was so damning, then Arizona and scores of other programs would have put an end to it a long time ago. Driving an expensive car does not equal guilt.
Yeah but what if you were looking to exaggerate and redirect every observation into a heavy, solid, and conclusive damning of Arizona as guilty and utterly deserving of getting dropped mercilessly into an eternal abyss?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
holy fuck this is the funniest shit ive read in six months

:o :lol: :o :lol:
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

First off, please link the Gershon thing. I have not seen it and Google turns up nothing about him pinpointing Rawle.

Next, I do not see the 2016 class as such an odd thing. Arizona has landed scores of McDonald's All Americans before that. Comparing Miami with Arizona is silly. Aaron Gordon, Rondae and Stanley are all better players than Miami has recruited.

On ceasing the FBI, it was reported the NCAA requested schools back off until the FBI is done. What is Arizona going to do, tell the NCAA to pack sand? Telling either the NCAA or FBI to screw off would be idiotic.

I love the idea that we should kick players out without evidence. We should also get rid of Trier, Ayton and anyone else talented enough thag someone woud want to pay them. When we start Talbott Denny, Desjardins and a few intramural stars, we will be safe.

Geez.
Gershon said what I said he said last night. It's apparently not kosher to copy and paste Scout over here. That makes sense. Others here can verify. It's not like I would quote someone without telling the truth. The pinpointing characterized Rawle as "the one alledged to be."

I well know Arizona's recruitng history. My timeline was presented because the players Arizona recruited last year are players that, perhaps, got the 'other' schools in trouble. Alkins, Kobi and TFerg ALL came with warnings of a different sort. Alkins in particular was tagged by three prominent Scout employees. Snow was forceful with his warnings in the face of many protesting posters!

What is Arizona supposed to do, you ask? Well, if Arizona needs to find out something pronto, in order to avoid trouble, they have to do just that. It's a free country.

The FBI could care less that Arizona has a life to get on with which includes tending to its own problems. For starters, they need to hire a new coach. Right now, if the investigation stops, they can't even do that.

Spaceman, are you saying you have never thought about this stuff, or that you have and have outright dismissed it?

What's the "geez" all about. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong. I am only hoping for a reasoned rebuttal....so I can say to myself, yeah, that makes sense.

Nothing more than that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hank:

1. If you don't copy Gershon's words, I'll work off your summary. If he identified Rawle as the guy alleged to have received something, a simple reading is that the actual truth depends on who alleges and what they have in support. Example: I allege Talbott Denny got 500k to transfer. The allegation is now made. Who am I and what evidence is there is the more relevant question.

2. I agree we are free to investigate. I think it is moronic to do so if the FBI and NCAA say not to. They are the organizations that can impose criminal or administrative penalties on Arizona. Disregarding their words seems targeted at pissing them off, and that is monumentally dumb.

3. People on Scout said something? Ok, case closed.

4. I said geez because your ideas either make no sense (disregarding FBI/NCAA) or are based in allegations by people on message boards. One need only look at my posting history to see the flaws with relying on dudes who post on message boards.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hank:

1. If you don't copy Gershon's words, I'll work off your summary. If he identified Rawle as the guy alleged to have received something, a simple reading is that the actual truth depends on who alleges and what they have in support. Example: I allege Talbott Denny got 500k to transfer. The allegation is now made. Who am I and what evidence is there is the more relevant question.

2. I agree we are free to investigate. I think it is moronic to do so if the FBI and NCAA say not to. They are the organizations that can impose criminal or administrative penalties on Arizona. Disregarding their words seems targeted at pissing them off, and that is monumentally dumb.

4. I said geez because your ideas either make no sense (disregarding FBI/NCAA) or are based in allegations by people on message boards. One need only look at my posting history to see the flaws with relying on dudes who post on message boards.
The words jumped off the page because they were Gershon's. No one else, not Dawkins, not the FBI other than mentioning players by number, to my knowledge, has pinpointed who the alleged might be, up to now.

As far as the NCAA, I don't believe the NCAA has said a word about this matter since the beginning. They've been mute. (I think.)

As for the FBI, what can they do other than indict others which they will or will not do, regardless.

For me, I would want to get my own information......and sooner.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Hank of sb wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Geez.
Gershon said what I said he said last night. It's apparently not kosher to copy and paste Scout over here. That makes sense. Others here can verify. It's not like I would quote someone without telling the truth. The pinpointing characterized Rawle as "the one alledged to be."

I well know Arizona's recruitng history. My timeline was presented because the players Arizona recruited last year are players that, perhaps, got the 'other' schools in trouble. Alkins, Kobi and TFerg ALL came with warnings of a different sort. Alkins in particular was tagged by three prominent Scout employees. Snow was forceful with his warnings in the face of many protesting posters!

What is Arizona supposed to do, you ask? Well, if Arizona needs to find out something pronto, in order to avoid trouble, they have to do just that. It's a free country.

The FBI could care less that Arizona has a life to get on with which includes tending to its own problems. For starters, they need to hire a new coach. Right now, if the investigation stops, they can't even do that.

Spaceman, are you saying you have never thought about this stuff, or that you have and have outright dismissed it?

What's the "geez" all about. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong. I am only hoping for a reasoned rebuttal....so I can say to myself, yeah, that makes sense.

Nothing more than that.
The only warning Snow gave about Rawle was he didn't know how he would be cleared to play last year as he reportedly was in HS for 5 years and didn't graduate in the necessary 4. Thats all he ever warned about Rawle, nothing more nothing less. You're making up your own interpretations per usual.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

ChooChooCat said:

"The only warning Snow gave about Rawle was he didn't know how he would be cleared to play last year as he reportedly was in HS for 5 years and didn't graduate in the necessary 4. Thats all he ever warned about Rawle, nothing more nothing less. You're making up your own interpretations per usual."

That's not true.

Snow's first comment about Rawle was he was seen sitting at the Knicks game--by Snow, who was there-- in front-row seats, seats TicketHub had $20,000 or so. The Rawle subject went on for a month in long threads. Snow held his ground on several levels, your mention included...... all against an irritated fan base.

Snow clearly underscored or insinuated he thought Rawle might have his hand out.

There's no denying that the three aforementioned 5* recruits were available late in the game and were notable because they were 'still' available.

Given how adamant Snow was, "my interpretation" was largely based on Snow's.

"Per usual", you say, well I say what is 'unusual' is how dismissive many are when warnings are passed about, especially when the warnings are coming from scouts who make their living scounting the prospects at hand.
gumby

Post by gumby »

CORAL GABLES — Miami coach Jim Larranaga said his legal team believes he is ‘Coach-3,’ as noted in the Department of Justice report about the FBI investigation, that he has been complying with investigators and turned over numerous emails and messages to them, and that he is thankful he was named for two reasons: he did nothing wrong, and if he is ‘Coach-3,’ that means his assistant coaches were not involved.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.co ... all-probe/" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
CORAL GABLES — Miami coach Jim Larranaga said his legal team believes he is ‘Coach-3,’ as noted in the Department of Justice report about the FBI investigation, that he has been complying with investigators and turned over numerous emails and messages to them, and that he is thankful he was named for two reasons: he did nothing wrong, and if he is ‘Coach-3,’ that means his assistant coaches were not involved.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.co ... all-probe/" target="_blank
My friends and family believe me to be overweight. I'm thankful to be recognized as such for two reasons: I haven't deprived myself, and if I am fat, that means I saved others from plumping up when I stole their doughnuts.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hank of sb wrote:

The words jumped off the page because they were Gershon's. No one else, not Dawkins, not the FBI other than mentioning players by number, to my knowledge, has pinpointed who the alleged might be, up to now.

As far as the NCAA, I don't believe the NCAA has said a word about this matter since the beginning. They've been mute. (I think.)

As for the FBI, what can they do other than indict others which they will or will not do, regardless.

Not knowing what Gershon's words were, I can't comment. That said, there is a big difference between Rawle being alleged to be the guy and truth to the allegation being alleged.

What can the FBI do? Why would you want to find out the answer.

Hansen's Sunday notebook says the FBI asked the NCAA and Arizona to leave internal investigations to the end of the FBI process and both institutions agreed.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 440.html#1" target="_blank

If the NCAA is ok waiting, why would Arizona push against their wishes? The NCAA will be the ultimate judge of us, so if they want to wait, wait.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:

Not knowing what Gershon's words were, I can't comment. That said, there is a big difference between Rawle being alleged to be the guy and truth to the allegation being alleged.

What can the FBI do? Why would you want to find out the answer.

Hansen's Sunday notebook says the FBI asked the NCAA and Arizona to leave internal investigations to the end of the FBI process and both institutions agreed.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 440.html#1" target="_blank

If the NCAA is ok waiting, why would Arizona push against their wishes? The NCAA will be the ultimate judge of us, so if they want to wait, wait.
The NCAA was already waiting.

As far as the FBI, they were worried that USC (Louis Freeh), Arizona and others were going to get ahead of them. That's what I think. The FBI has shown it likes to set the narrative. They are looking to capitalize on trouble and they want their narrative unencumbered with other legal views.

For example, lets say Arizona finds/thinks/has evidence Book was a sole agent. Well, if so, that's about a wrap!

However, I wasn't aware the "UofA agreed."

I agree you have a perspective that makes sense. I think mine, also, is worthy of consideration. I hope the UofA President took the FBI request under advisement. I wonder if USC has also agreed.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Hank of sb wrote: The NCAA was already waiting.

As far as the FBI, they were worried that USC (Louis Freeh), Arizona and others were going to get ahead of them. That's what I think. The FBI has shown it likes to set the narrative. They are looking to capitalize on trouble and they want their narrative unencumbered with other legal views.

For example, lets say Arizona finds/thinks/has evidence Book was a sole agent. Well, if so, that's about a wrap!

I agree you have a perspective that makes sense. I think mine, also, is worthy of consideration. I hope the UofA President took the FBI request under advisement. I wonder if USC has also agreed.
First off, there are a few posters on this forum that seem to have an erection for the UA getting in trouble, you apparently are one of them...all of your arguments have an element of speculation that borders on "gotcha", sounds like you are not really a fan or if you are you are a depressed fan at best.

Second, I doubt that the FBI is seriously interested in "their narrative" being "unencumbered with OTHER legal views"...thats just moronic...the FBI IS THE LEGAL view there is no other narrative, as far as other legal repercussions there are none that would affect or impede the FBI's own jurisdiction here...IF colleges decide to go for some punitive action AFTER the fact then that is only possible via State laws to them, nothing in that action would have any bearing whatsoever upon the FBI's own investigation, so asking the Uni's and the NCAA to wait is probably just an implied courtesy request, the FBI cannot stop either of those elements from doing their own investigations.

Third the FBI does not "capitalize" on trouble they investigate federal crimes and bring evidence to prosecute those crimes, Federal Bureau of Investigation, not Federal Trouble Capitalizers, thats the FTC.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Wait - it took you reading what Gershon said to figure out that Alkins was the player that these crooks allegedly paid? LOL.

While I respect the hell out of Gershon, this does not help your credibility. Alkins has been linked to this entire thing since the day the news broke and the documents were released, explaining the specifics of the FBI's investigation. It doesn't take someone in Gershon's position to make that clear and concise - whether it is legit and there is substance to prove this is another question; one you seem to keep fishing for, and fishing for, and fishing for...

There has also been plenty of talk surrounding Ayton's recruitment and such - should Arizona release him, legally, with no restrictions? Your shtick is growing old, quick...
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Hank of sb wrote: The NCAA was already waiting.

First off, there are a few posters on this forum that seem to have an erection for the UA getting in trouble, you apparently are one of them...all of your arguments have an element of speculation that borders on "gotcha", sounds like you are not really a fan or if you are you are a depressed fan at best.

Second, I doubt that the FBI is seriously interested in "their narrative" being "unencumbered with OTHER legal views"...thats just moronic...the FBI IS THE LEGAL view there is no other narrative, as far as other legal repercussions there are none that would affect or impede the FBI's own jurisdiction here...IF colleges decide to go for some punitive action AFTER the fact then that is only possible via State laws to them, nothing in that action would have any bearing whatsoever upon the FBI's own investigation, so asking the Uni's and the NCAA to wait is probably just an implied courtesy request, the FBI cannot stop either of those elements from doing their own investigations.

Third the FBI does not "capitalize" on trouble they investigate federal crimes and bring evidence to prosecute those crimes, Federal Bureau of Investigation, not Federal Trouble Capitalizers, thats the FTC.
The DOJ, not the FBI, is the legal view. The DOJ got billions from the banks. Like the banks, the NCAA might face financial culpability depending on what the DOJ's read is on the NCAA "playbook." The government gets money taxing the private sector, also by leveling fines on the private sector. Sometimes the fines are nothing more than a shakedown.

I'm a worried fan. To little avail I offered suspicions regarding the Alkins recruitment 18 months ago. I heard from posters like you then. Those posters used the same abusive language. (Perhaps that was you?)

In any event, this matter didn't have to happen. I think the UofA President was correct when he said the Head Coach is responsible for establishing "a culture of compliance."

I disagree my posts are speculative. At least no more so than what I've seen with yours.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Hank of sb wrote: I disagree my posts are speculative. At least no more so than what I've seen with yours.
In summary, you don't work for the FBI and yes, you are speculating.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Correct, but Win and Vacate is more fun to say.

And make into a shirt.

Someone, please...make this into a shirt...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Longhorned wrote:
zonagrad wrote:Athletes driving expensive vehicles is nothing new. At all. If it was so damning, then Arizona and scores of other programs would have put an end to it a long time ago. Driving an expensive car does not equal guilt.
Yeah but what if you were looking to exaggerate and redirect every observation into a heavy, solid, and conclusive damning of Arizona as guilty and utterly deserving of getting dropped mercilessly into an eternal abyss?
Especially in total denial of the fact that we have to source every major gift/item a player has, including nice stereos...
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

EVCat wrote:

Especially in total denial of the fact that we have to source every major gift/item a player has, including nice stereos...
Of course, you are not one bit wrong about sourcing.

I remember, not long ago, Shabazz's $2,500 Gucci packpack was considered scandal enough he had to explain that the "man purse" was a gift from his sister.

As for Rawle's $105,000 Porsche, an easy explanation surely has been provided.

If I'm not mistaken, it's his aunt's car.

But not sure.
prh

Post by prh »

Hank of sb wrote:With Alkins, I'd start with the car and go backwards. I think the car alone is enough to say to him we will honor your scholarship but court time is out. Or, if he prefers, they can just release Alkins (legally) with no restrictions. They could do this simply because they do not know and they believe its in their interest to be safe.

Hank of sb wrote:As for Rawle's $105,000 Porsche, an easy explanation surely has been provided.

But not sure.
:lol: :lol:
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:With Alkins, I'd start with the car and go backwards. I think the car alone is enough to say to him we will honor your scholarship but court time is out. Or, if he prefers, they can just release Alkins (legally) with no restrictions. They could do this simply because they do not know and they believe its in their interest to be safe.

Hank of sb wrote:As for Rawle's $105,000 Porsche, an easy explanation surely has been provided.

But not sure.
So we, as well the university community, no longer have rights, i.e., if one is "suspicious" of something, the burden of proof lies with the school, not the scholarship athlete?

In other words, we recruited XYZ, now you live or die with him.

I don't believe that's how it works.

I believe anyone can stand up anytime and say I need to hear more.

I haven't heard much on this one.

But, as you are rolling on the floor, maybe you have.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:

But not sure.
So we, as well the university community, no longer have rights, i.e., if one is "suspicious" of something, the burden of proof lies with the school, not the scholarship athlete?

What are you fucking twelve?

Prh makes a great point, in one post you're saying Rawle should get NO playing time because he has been seen driving an expensive car, the next post you claim it's his aunts car...

You are a troll, officially going on my blocked list so don't bother answering.
prh

Post by prh »

I'm laughing because in one post you say that he shouldn't play because of the car, then later you say you it's his aunt's. Sadly, your arguments were actually much more coherent two weeks ago.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:

But not sure.

No, I don't think you or I have any "rights." Who are you? Who am I? It is the height of arrogance for anyone on this board to pretend like we should have any say in this.

And yeah, before an athlete is declared ineligible, there should be some requirement of proof that he/she did something to trigger it. Message board speculation isn't enough.

I'm with Catfan, you're the second person I've ever blocked.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

So after putting this program in this mess so he could pocket some money, he’s trying to squeeze money out of the U? Thank you and thank you.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:So after putting this program in this mess so he could pocket some money, he’s trying to squeeze money out of the U? Thank you and thank you.
Gotta pay those legal bills somehow.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Hank of sb wrote:ChooChooCat said:

"The only warning Snow gave about Rawle was he didn't know how he would be cleared to play last year as he reportedly was in HS for 5 years and didn't graduate in the necessary 4. Thats all he ever warned about Rawle, nothing more nothing less. You're making up your own interpretations per usual."

That's not true.

Snow's first comment about Rawle was he was seen sitting at the Knicks game--by Snow, who was there-- in front-row seats, seats TicketHub had $20,000 or so. The Rawle subject went on for a month in long threads. Snow held his ground on several levels, your mention included...... all against an irritated fan base.

Snow clearly underscored or insinuated he thought Rawle might have his hand out.

There's no denying that the three aforementioned 5* recruits were available late in the game and were notable because they were 'still' available.

Given how adamant Snow was, "my interpretation" was largely based on Snow's.

"Per usual", you say, well I say what is 'unusual' is how dismissive many are when warnings are passed about, especially when the warnings are coming from scouts who make their living scounting the prospects at hand.
The focus was always the 5 years of high school and in turn his eligibility. The Knicks game was meaningless as he never once insinuated anybody involved with Arizona or college basketball in general paid for those seats. Rawle was basketball royalty in NYC, him getting those seats bought for him was a non-issue and a non-story. You were literally the only one on the boarD unsurprisingly making that into an issue. Snow didn't care one way or the other about it.

Go away Henry.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

At this point I’m mainly pissed at what Book did because it resulted in this shit house of a thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Olsondogg wrote:At this point I’m mainly pissed at what Book did because it resulted in this shit house of a thread.
And it also got us fools like Russ Smith to frequent this board.

Thanks, Book.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Upside: This is probably nothing.
Downside: If this went bad, I'd be more worried about its effect on the program than the FBI investigation.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Upside: This is probably nothing.
Downside: If this went bad, I'd be more worried about its effect on the program than the FBI investigation.
I think I see what you are hinting at here, but after looking into it I think it's probably a "keep the innocent narrative rolling" move because as long as the FBI investigation is going Books attorney has a valid excuse to having his hands tied for responding to the University termination, so I think this is a punt down-field for more time while he tries to get the bigger fish out of the pan and back into the river...the two unmentionable subtexts here are he is mounting an argument that Book was only doing what Miller instructed (thus driving the guilt bus right over the entire program)...the other narrative that is hard to pin down is the one everyone hinted at in the beginning weeks that these guys are all turning stool pigeons and ratting out the higher ups...my gut feeling is Books lawyer knows he's going away and just wants to keep splashing the innocence water on the firestorm thats coming down on his billfold.

I think if Miller had culpability he would have retained outside legal help rather than depend on the UA's hired guns...so far I've heard no report that Miller has hired outside attorneys.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

There's literally nothing to see here with this. He's trying to continue collecting a paycheck until he can't. This ensures he'll still be paid through probably March or so. Anybody else in this situation would do exactly that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:There's literally nothing to see here with this. He's trying to continue collecting a paycheck until he can't. This ensures he'll still be paid through probably March or so. Anybody else in this situation would do exactly that.
Yeah. The only potential downside would be if he wanted to actually push the suit in the direction of trial, and there's a low chance of that. Outside that possibility, it does nothing.