Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:University of Arizona was a victim per the FBI. University of Kansas was a victim per the FBI. Yep, we're dead to rights, especially after Quinerly is cleared to play at Villanova.

Please post a link, any link, where the FBI states that the University of Arizona (specifically) is a victim.

The reality of Books involvement (He was an agent of the University) puts us in serious hot water with the NCAA.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement. Thats the big difference between Kansas and the UA case. I doubt Kansas is in any trouble here unless additional information is uncovered that shows that Self/KU staff were involved.

There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.
Yeah, I'm sure Kansas had nothing to do with adidas spending well over 100k to route players to Kansas. I'm sure there were no recruits beyond two.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.
Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.
You're correct they aren't the same boats.

Arizona's boat, assistant coach caught on wire asking for money he says is going to recruit. No proof money went to recruit.

Kansas's boat, proof that adidas paid players large cash sums specifically to get them to commit to Kansas. Only circumstantial inference Kansas knew about it.

You see Arizona's boat as worse because you want to see it like that. There are still zero AZ players with eligibility questions and Kansas has one in Preston with two more incoming.

No Spiff, I see AZ's boat as worse because it IS worse. The UA has a paid agent of the University involved (Book). Nobody at Kansas (according to the FBI document released today) was involved........FACT.

If Miller had rid himself of Book years ago, or at least kept Book out of dealing with agents, the UA would be in a very, very different (and much better) place today.
Vaya con dios, man. You're deep in the rabbit hole.

Arizona: no proof of violation, proof of Book's involvement of whatever happened.

Kansas: proof of violation, no direct proof of KU's involvement.

I'm out of this conversation. May the NCAA bless you.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure Kansas had nothing to do with adidas spending well over 100k to route players to Kansas. I'm sure there were no recruits beyond two.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.[/quote]

Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.[/quote]

Arizona's boat, assistant coach caught on wire asking for money he says is going to recruit. No proof money went to recruit.

Kansas's boat, proof that adidas paid players large cash sums specifically to get them to commit to Kansas. Only circumstantial inference Kansas knew about it.

You see Arizona's boat as worse because you want to see it like that. There are still zero AZ players with eligibility questions and Kansas has one in Preston with two more incoming.[/quote]

No Spiff, I see AZ's boat as worse because it IS worse. The UA has a paid agent of the University involved (Book). Nobody at Kansas (according to the FBI document released today) was involved........FACT.

If Miller had rid himself of Book years ago, or at least kept Book out of dealing with agents, the UA would be in a very, very different (and much better) place today.[/quote]

Arizona: no proof of violation, proof of Book's involvement of whatever happened.

I'm out of this conversation. May the NCAA bless you.[/quote]

You are VERY deep in a denial hole........"No proof of Books involvment?????"

No, just a ton of FBI tapes from wiretaps.......with Book on them. :lol:
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Who is the surprise KU commit in November 2017? I can figure out the remaining players, but off to do research there.
Silvio De Sousa?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

DMJ:

You are intentionally or accidentally being stupid. The actual NCAA violation is paying Quinerly and there's no proof that happened.

Kansas just saw a federal indictment founded (in part) on a payment to Jackson happening, and the only question is whether KU knew.

Damn, man, it's not hard.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

NYCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Who is the surprise KU commit in November 2017? I can figure out the remaining players, but off to do research there.
Silvio De Sousa?
Bingo.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:DMJ:

You are intentionally or accidentally being stupid. The actual NCAA violation is paying Quinerly and there's no proof that happened.

Kansas just saw a federal indictment founded (in part) on a payment to Jackson happening, and the only question is whether KU knew.

Just ignore. You and I are just giving him what he wants, which is attention. There's better things to do with our lives right now.
MC1983

Post by MC1983 »

dmjcat wrote:There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.[/quote]

Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.[/quote]

You see Arizona's boat as worse because you want to see it like that. There are still zero AZ players with eligibility questions and Kansas has one in Preston with two more incoming.[/quote]

If Miller had rid himself of Book years ago, or at least kept Book out of dealing with agents, the UA would be in a very, very different (and much better) place today.[/quote]

I'm out of this conversation. May the NCAA bless you.[/quote]

You are VERY deep in a denial hole........"No proof of Books involvment?????"

No, just a ton of FBI tapes from wiretaps.......with Book on them. :lol:[/quote]

You are either a Miller hater or a troll. One of the two or both. Just because you want Arizona to get it does not mean it will happen. FBI stated in there very first press conference that the universities where defrauded.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spiff:

Book is actually on TAPE arranging the payment (it may not have happened but its on freaking tape and Book is an agent of the Unversity).

Regarding whether KU knew, the FBI specifically states in its filing that KU did NOT know.

No, it really isn't hard. Unfortunately, we still have a boatload of fans in the Denial stage.
I would love to pick up the paper and read that Self/Rat Face from Duke were caught arranging payments......but they
were NOT..........we WERE.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Just ignore. You and I are just giving him what he wants, which is attention. There's better things to do with our lives right now.
Still haven't found that link with the FBI naming AZ has a victim eh??? Try posting with facts instead of your mouth.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Still haven't found that link with the FBI naming AZ has a victim eh??? Try posting with facts instead of your mouth.
Ain't looking hard enough
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:

You're right. I get sucked into things like that too easily.
ekat

Post by ekat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:University of Arizona was a victim per the FBI. University of Kansas was a victim per the FBI. Yep, we're dead to rights, especially after Quinerly is cleared to play at Villanova.

Please post a link, any link, where the FBI states that the University of Arizona (specifically) is a victim.

The reality of Books involvement (He was an agent of the University) puts us in serious hot water with the NCAA.
Read count six.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press ... 1/download" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Want to know something that frustrates me to no end?

This new indictment isn't even ESPN's top story on its CBB page.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement. Thats the big difference between Kansas and the UA case. I doubt Kansas is in any trouble here unless additional information is uncovered that shows that Self/KU staff were involved.

There is a lot of rationalizing going on in this thread. At this point Kansas is clearly NOT in the same boat as the UA.......thanks to Book.

I think you're just lookkng for recognition for ****ting on Arizona at this point.

Hardly. Hell, Self may have been personally involved..........but there is ZERO proof of any Kansas involvement in the FBI charges. All of the posters here were gleefully falling all over themselves that KU was in the "Same Boat" as AZ. They are not.
Hey Genius....you think Adidas is paying someone to go to a school without checking if the Adidas school wants him first? Of course and the tooth fairy is real. There may be no tape of it but you need to pull your head out of your ass and look at things logically. Yeah...Adidas is deciding who Kansas should recruit instead of the staff.....lol.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

dmjcat wrote:

Spiff:

Book is actually on TAPE arranging the payment (it may not have happened but its on freaking tape and Book is an agent of the Unversity).

Regarding whether KU knew, the FBI specifically states in its filing that KU did NOT know.

No, it really isn't hard. Unfortunately, we still have a boatload of fans in the Denial stage.
I would love to pick up the paper and read that Self/Rat Face from Duke were caught arranging payments......but they
were NOT..........we WERE.
The FBI or anyone else would not say what Kansas knew...they would say we don't have it on tape and therefore have no reason to believe their involvement. We will listen to Gatto sing when it is time. This charges against Gatto is just to increase pressure and get more names/schools. More to come my friend......
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

TheCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Hey Genius....you think Adidas is paying someone to go to a school without checking if the Adidas school wants him first? Of course and the tooth fairy is real. There may be no tape of it but you need to pull your head out of your ass and look at things logically. Yeah...Adidas is deciding who Kansas should recruit instead of the staff.....lol.
Hey Einstein, where did I say that Kansas is innocent??.......I merely pointed out the FACT that there is ZERO evidence to the contrary at this point in time. UA , on the other hand, has a Book Richardson issue........FACT.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

And Washington signs a 10 year/$120 mil apparel deal with Adidas
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

dmjcat what you said was totally inaccurate. You said "The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement." That sounds like Kansas is innocent to me.
You think the FBI or DoJ would ever say what Kansas knew? Move on rookie. No one makes statements about what someone knew or did not know (since it can never be proved) in an indictment. They talk about evidence that support charges not what they think someone knew.

If I was an Adadis school I would be nervous. Gatto will soon see the light....he will state ever payment he ever made and who knew. I am sure the DoJ and FBI are looking for the Nike equivalent of Gatto.

One last thing.....you wanted someone to show you where U of A is called a victim. Well that is what a large part of indictment is about. Paying a player is not illegal....it is what it does to the NCAA eligibility of that player. If a player is not eligible the university are cheated out of their value or defrauded of their value. Read the indictment and the law they site.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

dmjcat wrote:
TheCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Hey Einstein, where did I say that Kansas is innocent??.......I merely pointed out the FACT that there is ZERO evidence to the contrary at this point in time. UA , on the other hand, has a Book Richardson issue........FACT.
There seem to be an issue/issues that a few posters have brought up that you seem to be evading. Hypothetically if the only issue that Arizona has to deal wth is the Quinerly situation, and if it can be proven that neither the kid nor any of his family members received any money, was there actually an NCAA violation? It would seem to me that talking about such payments but not actually following through while incredibly sleezy is not actually a violation of NCAA rules or certainly not an exceptionally severe one.

Lastly if Quinerly is deemed eligible to play next year isn’t that essentially the NCAA stating that no money was actually paid to he or his family? Would that not place a low ceiling on Arizona’s exposure via the Quinerly situation.
Last edited by RaisingArizona on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Raising Arizona: Dead on. That's the big issue, and if I was the U of A's team to argue to the NCAA, I would hammer that. Asking for money to pay a recruit may be sleazy, but it really isn't a violation unless you can prove someone actually got paid.

If Quinerly is eligible, it's very disproportionate to hammer Arizona. Maybe we get something because it looks bad, but blasting us on a theory of Book paying players and clearing the player he supposedly paid...well, I won't say never because it is the NCAA, but it would make no sense.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Follow UNC’s lead. Litigate if the NCAA’s penalties are unjust. That is if you are certain that there are no more skeletons in the closet. Discovery would be a problem if for that isn’t the case.

To be honest Rawle’s recruitment is the one I hold my breath about.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

TheCat wrote:dmjcat what you said was totally inaccurate. You said "The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement." That sounds like Kansas is innocent to me.
You think the FBI or DoJ would ever say what Kansas knew? Move on rookie. No one makes statements about what someone knew or did not know (since it can never be proved) in an indictment. They talk about evidence that support charges not what they think someone knew.

If I was an Adadis school I would be nervous. Gatto will soon see the light....he will state ever payment he ever made and who knew. I am sure the DoJ and FBI are looking for the Nike equivalent of Gatto.

One last thing.....you wanted someone to show you where U of A is called a victim. Well that is what a large part of indictment is about. Paying a player is not illegal....it is what it does to the NCAA eligibility of that player. If a player is not eligible the university are cheated out of their value or defrauded of their value. Read the indictment and the law they site.
Have you actually read the indictment??? See page 26, number 43. It specifically states that they hid everything from KU

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press ... 6/download" target="_blank
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Raising Arizona: Dead on. That's the big issue, and if I was the U of A's team to argue to the NCAA, I would hammer that. Asking for money to pay a recruit may be sleazy, but it really isn't a violation unless you can prove someone actually got paid.

If Quinerly is eligible, it's very disproportionate to hammer Arizona. Maybe we get something because it looks bad, but blasting us on a theory of Book paying players and clearing the player he supposedly paid...well, I won't say never because it is the NCAA, but it would make no sense.

Spiff. So you and RaisingAZ believe that Book was only shucking and jiving with the agent on the phone???? Perhaps Book just made it all up???? Do you also believe in the tooth fairy??

Come on man, Denial is NOT a river in Egypt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I have a bad feeling that rawle's cousin may have gotten some cash from asm.
And that may be the player that was already taken care of.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

The way I read that stuff, ASM gave book money and told him that if he wanted to pass some on to Quinerly, he could.
And I think Book might have asked them for money to give to Quimerly to ensure his commitment.

Maybe Look gave money to Q or a rep or maybe Book thought he had Q wrapped up and kept all the money or maybe the inditement came down before Book gave the cash to the Q camp.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Who the hell knows. Looks trial isn't set until April 2019 So one more year if it makes it to trial.
atlantakat

Post by atlantakat »

CatHoops wrote:Who the hell knows. Looks trial isn't set until April 2019 So one more year if it makes it to trial.
My guess is that Book will get a plea deal long before trial.

The feds are after the shoe companies first and the agents second. The coaches are keys to some elements of the charges, but the big money is going to to the kids' "handlers", not the coaches.

Adidas is the big fish already in the net but the feds must be looking hard at Nike too.

If Book has anything on Nike, he is going to get a pretty good deal in return for cooperation.

From the programs' perspective, I just hope that Book is really as clueless and naive as he comes off in the indictment -- he sounded very new to the game he was caught up in.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

dmjcat wrote:
TheCat wrote:dmjcat what you said was totally inaccurate. You said "The filing specifically states (regarding Kansas), that no official from Kansas knew about the money/Adidas involvement." That sounds like Kansas is innocent to me.

Have you actually read the indictment??? See page 26, number 43. It specifically states that they hid everything from KU

Did they say no one knew as you stated? No one is recruiting or paying players to go to a school without acknowledgement that school wants the player. It is called logic. What was Gatto going to tell his boss after he dropped $100K and the kid was not offered a scholarship? Or went to a Nike school? What's the payoff to Gatto?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:

If you read it, that exact statement is made at the end of every school's portion, including Louisville, where the coaches were actually soliciting money. It is clearly not in reference to coaches, but refers to school admin.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

TheCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Did they say no one knew as you stated? No one is recruiting or paying players to go to a school without acknowledgement that school wants the player. It is called logic. What was Gatto going to tell his boss after he dropped $100K and the kid was not offered a scholarship? Or went to a Nike school? What's the payoff to Gatto?
Fact: The indictment states that KU was not aware of the payoffs
Fact: Book Richardson is on tape

If it makes you feel better to fantasize that KU is in the same boat as UA by all means have at it. But at the end of the day it is still fantasizing.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Didn't the FBI say Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

What advantage did Az gain by book allegedly accepting money for his own benefit? This is a criminal investigation. Az and the ncaa cleared all Az players so???
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azgreg wrote:Didn't the FBI say Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
Actually, it was the Warren Commission that came to that conclusion, not the FBI.

That conclusion, by the way, is still valid today regardless of all the half baked conspiracy theories that have been hatched over the years. All of the evidence overwhelmingly points to Oswald acting alone.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

DMJCAT,

You keep stating that Book is on tape. Though that is true the most pressing issue is whether or not there is proof that Book actually followed through on what he talked about. That is at this juncture where the rubber meets the road.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RaisingArizona wrote:DMJCAT,

You keep stating that Book is on tape. Though that is true the most pressing issue is whether or not there is proof that Book actually followed through on what he talked about. That is at this juncture where the rubber meets the road.
He's trolling. I got sucked in again, but there's no way someone could ignore the basic point so long.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote: That conclusion, by the way, is still valid today regardless of all the half baked conspiracy theories that have been hatched over the years. All of the evidence overwhelmingly points to Oswald acting alone.
Forgot what TV show it was, it was the show where 2 guys and this woman tried to recreate and debunk urban legends, and they were actually able to recreate the magic bullet shot. Wasn't really a fan of the show, but that was a really good episode.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So a former employee of ESPN radio here in Phoenix is saying he is hearing from sources in Tucson that Book is gonna rat on UA to reduce jailtime
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

On how he took some money? I doubt hes facing much jail time if any. The end game is Adidas not the school. That would basically ruin the FBI's case as the university is the victim.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

PHXCATS wrote:So a former employee of ESPN radio here in Phoenix is saying he is hearing from sources in Tucson that Book is gonna rat on UA to reduce jailtime
Let me guess "Look" is his source.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

and her name is Meg Jansen
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Jefe wrote:and her name is Meg Jansen
This person did not say a source, but this person sent a misleading tweet about Book and when asked for clarification, he got defensive and mentioned that he heard from Tucson that Book would rat
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

PHXCATS wrote:
Jefe wrote:and her name is Meg Jansen
This person did not say a source, but this person sent a misleading tweet about Book and when asked for clarification, he got defensive and mentioned that he heard from Tucson that Book would rat
Jurecki?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:So a former employee of ESPN radio here in Phoenix is saying he is hearing from sources in Tucson that Book is gonna rat on UA to reduce jailtime
I'm not saying you or this ESPN radio guy is wrong, but literally no one at Arizona is acting as if they're about to be screwed any time soon.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

He's an ASU guy. They should prob be a little more worried being tied to adidas. See a top recruit for 2020. Not naming names but follow that adventure and ull see
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

From a legal standpoint...the Book situation is worse.

From an NCAA standpoint? Ineligible players who played will always trump a 3rd assistant surreptitiously going and getting paid for something that does not affect eligibility (steering kids who are done with their eligibility to an agent/financial advisors), saying he wasn't sure he could actually pull it off, then mentioning money for a recruit with no evidence the money went to the recruit. Oh, by the way...the recruit never played for the U of A, so there was no playing of ineligible players.

All the NCAA has is a vague "institutional control" charge, and that control was, what? A 3rd assistant scamming an agent out of $20,000 for personal gain? That is a federal crime, possibly. But please, those who say we are in more trouble...please explain to me where the NCAA has a lot of room to hammer a program who had an assistant go say they were going to do some things they never did and get some money off an agent, never resulting in a provable NCAA violation?

It really isn't hard. Those who think we are in worse NCAA trouble as of this point than a school proven to have had recruits who played paid to attend said school are in DENIAL, to use an overused word. This particular gambit with Dawkins/Andy Miller paying a player to attend a school is well known, and is well known to involve the coaching staff's knowledge, since there is quid pro quo at the heart of the gambit. It REALLY isn't that hard to figure out. Not the "we will pay an assistant coach who is weak to steer players" play. The one where they place a player at a school in return for the big man's help in securing future clients. The one that involves coaches playing players who they know have compromised eligibility, because they are expected to provide favors in return.

The NCAA cares about amateurism and eligibility. Coaches going and making some money to steer players after eligibility will be a cause for concern, but there is nothing so far that ties it back to Miller or the program, the coach in question had some personal issues that the head coach believed were dealt with in allowing him to return in a lesser capacity, and he was a coach in an Nike school who went to Adidas-aligned reps, and anyone who understands the system will understand that THAT may have been the biggest betrayal here and is damn near smoking gun proof Miller and the program had no fucking clue what Book was doing.
Last edited by EVCat on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm not saying you or this ESPN radio guy is wrong, but literally no one at Arizona is acting as if they're about to be screwed any time soon.
I dont believe it as the FBI said that U of A was the victim and Book couldnt rat to the NCAA for reduced jail time. I am just passing along what I heard as it is from someone with a blue checkmark
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Merkin wrote:
dmjcat wrote: That conclusion, by the way, is still valid today regardless of all the half baked conspiracy theories that have been hatched over the years. All of the evidence overwhelmingly points to Oswald acting alone.
Forgot what TV show it was, it was the show where 2 guys and this woman tried to recreate and debunk urban legends, and they were actually able to recreate the magic bullet shot. Wasn't really a fan of the show, but that was a really good episode.
Mythbusters? Was the woman really cute with red hair?

(off topic time)...

I remember an old In Search Of... with Leonard Nimoy where they cast doubt in the ability to pull it off. But that was the point of the show...to create doubt in everything. But anyone who has been in the book depository and looked at that shot knows it was not only possible, but almost a sitting duck for someone with ability (with considerations for the tree being smaller at the time). Conspiracy theories always forget one trueism...a secret is something you tell one other person. With the death of that generation, the books of what "really" happened would have been a flood to the market. Conspiracy theorists will always point to this or that case where the government did do something secret and evil, and it was PROVEN. How? Someone talked. Some people talked. Real, provable information was leaked. Eventually.

Oswald shot Kennedy. Alone. Most likely for his own reasons. The only conspiracy is already known...the covering up of agent concerns about Oswald prior to the shooting and the cover up of the activities of some of the secret service agents on site that day. The activities involved alcohol and may have resulted in hangovers. Not Clint Hill
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So far the FBI has shown zero interest in indicting school personnel. That has every marker of some BS someone makes up because they don't understand the difference between real world illegality and NCAA violations.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: So far the FBI has shown zero interest in indicting school personnel. That has every marker of some BS someone makes up because they don't understand the difference between real world illegality and NCAA violations.
And isn't this the most common and frustrating mistake?

Like above...oooooh, Arizona is in so much more trouble with the NCAA for having a professional 3rd assistant take money to do some things there is no proof he actually did, one of which isn't even an NCAA violation, than a team having a paid, and therefore ineligible, player play for a full season.

An assistant goes and kills someone. BIg crime. A team has a player accept a lollipop from an agent. The second is in far more potential NCAA trouble than the first.