Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatMG

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by CatMG »

PHXCATS wrote:So a former employee of ESPN radio here in Phoenix is saying he is hearing from sources in Tucson that Book is gonna rat on UA to reduce jailtime
Unless he is providing information to the FBI regarding a crime that the UA committed, what would be the point? The FBI doesn't care if he spills on some sort of NCAA violations. And one would think that if there were others involved from the UA in this case, the FBI would likely already know about them by now.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CatMG wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:So a former employee of ESPN radio here in Phoenix is saying he is hearing from sources in Tucson that Book is gonna rat on UA to reduce jailtime
Unless he is providing information to the FBI regarding a crime that the UA committed, what would be the point? The FBI doesn't care if he spills on some sort of NCAA violations. And one would think that if there were others involved from the UA in this case, the FBI would likely already know about them by now.

Yes exactly. And when I mentioned that to this personal I was told that I was in denial and am guilty
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Kansas played an ineligible player. They will lose the final 4 and it's money and also the league championship when all is said and done. Just like Arizona did wnen Jason Terry took money from an agent without staff knowledge. Bill Self's streak of conference championships is over. That is not just my opinion it is also CBS Sports.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Which player?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Postmaster wrote:Which player?
de Souza
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
MC1983

Post by MC1983 »

For the ones or one who thinks Kansas has nothing to worry about.
https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/9 ... 8050666496" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Lol the description of de Souza committing out of nowhere sounds exactly like the way fuegs talks about Ayton to Arizona.

enfuego karma strikes again! It's undefeated.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

MC1983 wrote:For the ones or one who thinks Kansas has nothing to worry about.
Pat Forde is a sports journalist who is a national columnist for Yahoo Sports. He previously worked for ESPN and The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky. Wikipedia
Spouse: Tricia Forde
Education: University of Missouri (1987)
Children: Brooke Forde, Mitchell Forde, Clayton Forde

Hmmm... Where did Pat Forde go to college?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:Lol the description of de Souza committing out of nowhere sounds exactly like the way fuegs talks about Ayton to Arizona.

So are you suggesting that the ESPN allegation that Ayton got paid is true?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

If Book had anything at all it would have been known already. He may have a bullet for the chamber somewhere, but it's going to hurt the sleezeball AAU/Shoe Company circuit, not the UofA. If Book had anything of remote value, he would have used it already.

His only saving grace is the fact he's a nobody, a piss on loser really. He'll get some half-assed probation, told he can't coach High School/College Kids for some period of time (not likely to ever get a job in the realm again anyways). He's a small time crook who cheated on his SAT's and shit on a cop car. He's nobody from nowhere with nothing.

The only potential hurt to Arizona from the limp dicked NCAA is institutional control, which is fucking laughable but the NCAA likes to pretend it's a beacon of moral superiority. We're getting docked 2 scholarships at worst. Most likely 1, and I'd not be remotely shocked if the NCAA just tucked tail and went away completely.

Book is on tape alright, on tape showing what a self satisfying rat he is.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Lol the description of de Souza committing out of nowhere sounds exactly like the way fuegs talks about Ayton to Arizona.

You're not very bright.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Pat Forde is a sports journalist who is a national columnist for Yahoo Sports. He previously worked for ESPN and The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky. Wikipedia

The situation must be pretty dire if that's the first line of defense.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

enfuego wrote:

Hey, at least when Mizzou pays to get players, they do it legally within the NCAA rules, pay payroll taxes on the money spent and report wages to the IRS. I'm pretty sure most of these players have a parent or guardian that would be willing to hang out with their kids after school for a few hours for 6 figures! Plus does it count as an athletics schollie if you attend for free because your parent is an employee?

That would be Genius!!!!! We've been doing it wrong the entire Time!!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:

The situation must be pretty dire if that's the first line of defense.
4 times in recent memory and they can't fix the problem. Hasn't Kansas always had a problem getting guys eligible but there is nothing to see here. Looks like enfuego is targeting his family with that post. Yeah a respected journalist is backing a college grudge by targeting a school that has had 4 issues in a year and a half....lol. Wait till Gatto sings.....it will flip Bill's wig.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:

It is quite clear that Kansas has paid alot for its players so if that was the case he would have gone to Kansas.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Kansas is a blue blood so even if they did do wrong nothing will happen to them. They're immune to any kind of serious punishment. It's not in the financial interests of the NCAA. That goes for all the blue bloods; Duke, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, and Kentucky. The NCAA and FBI are going to make an example out of programs like Arizona and other programs that are routinely good but not elite. When it's all said and done none of the aforementioned blue blood programs will even get a slap on the wrist. My guess is Arizona gets two years probation, loses a few scholarships, and ends up parting ways with Miller. Hopefully it's not because he was deceptive with the FBI in which case he could see considerable prison time. At this point I'm not sure who to believe. To be honest the whole situation is really starting to get on my nerves.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TheCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

It is quite clear that Kansas has paid alot for its players so if that was the case he would have gone to Kansas.
Dude, everybody gets paid. That's the moral of the story.
bri

Post by bri »

Captain Obvious wrote:
Kansas is a blue blood so even if they did do wrong nothing will happen to them. They're immune to any kind of serious punishment. It's not in the financial interests of the NCAA. That goes for all the blue bloods; Duke, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, and Kentucky. The NCAA and FBI are going to make an example out of programs like Arizona and other programs that are routinely good but not elite. When it's all said and done none of the aforementioned blue blood programs will even get a slap on the wrist. My guess is Arizona gets two years probation, loses a few scholarships, and ends up parting ways with Miller. Hopefully it's not because he was deceptive with the FBI in which case he could see considerable prison time. At this point I'm not sure who to believe. To be honest the whole situation is really starting to get on my nerves.
Kentucky got 3 years probation, 2 year post season ban, tv ban and lost scholarships for playing 2 ineligible players. Maybe they got off light because of who they are and maybe it was a different era, but it happens.

Far as I can tell Arizona hasn't played any ineligible players. Other details are mostly speculation so far. Any prognostication on punishment is pure guessing.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Captain Obvious wrote:
First off the FBI doesn’t give a shit a bout blue bloods. And Kansas has played two ineligible players and as far as we know as we know az hasn’t. Not sure where you think we 2 years probation is a possibility.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

3goggles wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
First off the FBI doesn’t give a shit a bout blue bloods. And Kansas has played two ineligible players and as far as we know as we know az hasn’t. Not sure where you think we 2 years probation is a possibility.
The FBI case has nothing to do with KU. Last I heard, the FBI cannot dole punishment out to NCAA basketball programs. Now if you want to talk about ineligible players and AZ.... one of them is about to be a lottery pick and two more are going to be second rounders or play professionally in Europe.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
The FBI case has nothing to do with KU. Last I heard, the FBI cannot dole punishment out to NCAA basketball programs. Now if you want to talk about ineligible players and AZ.... one of them is about to be a lottery pick and two more are going to be second rounders or play professionally in Europe.
Proof?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
Proof?
Richardson only started with the 2018 class. Got it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So none? Got it.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

If someone like Alkins was getting benifits that would have made him ineligible then there is no way J Jackson or Bagley didn't get similar benifits.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Postmaster wrote:If someone like Alkins was getting benifits that would have made him ineligible then there is no way J Jackson or Bagley didn't get similar benifits.
I like how you skipped over the obvious choice, Ayton. KU can't control shoe agents, just like UA can't control coaching staff.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

You are the one that brought Alkins and trier into the conversation.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Fuegs is so butt hurt it's hilarious. Logic and facts are not your strong suit. Stick to the shitty recruiting jokes with Harlem Globetrotters.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Nm
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

enfuego wrote:
Postmaster wrote:If someone like Alkins was getting benifits that would have made him ineligible then there is no way J Jackson or Bagley didn't get similar benifits.
I like how you skipped over the obvious choice, Ayton. KU can't control shoe agents, just like UA can't control coaching staff.
Fuego u have the answers and the facts the ncaa and FBI need ur assistance. Az and the ncaa cleared everyone and if u think ncaa compliance wasn't investigatigatimg AZ ur crazy.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:
Arizona had a similar situation where Jason Terry received approx. $16K from an agent. No one on the staff had a clue. The result....U of A had to pay back all tourney money and vacated the wins in the tourney and I believed forfeited the conference title. Plenty of precedence on the correct punishment. Kisss the final 4 goodbye.....get ready to give back $1M or so and kiss the consecutive conf title streak goodbye. :lol: :P :mrgreen: :o :D

Oh and I think we lost our consecutive tourney streak......at least in the NCAA record book.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Enfuego's feelings are so freaking hurt right now. I normally wouldn't enjoy such a thing, but with this prick, I'm gonna go ahead and drink that milkshake. Eat a dick jayhawk.

To the guy predicting two years probation. Are you out of your damn mind? Arizona is a lot closer to receiving zero punishment then any sort of ban. At most it's two scholarships for not telling Book to kick rocks years ago.

People need to step back and look at the NCAA's past history and where it's consequences have been going the last few years. That company is a paper tiger. Louisville got off pretty light (unless you're one of those weirdos who think vacating past performances is an actual thing and that because a bunch of stiff nancy boys won't have it written down in their worthless almanac so it didn't really happen outlook.) UNC went and Pete Rosed itself and the NCAA did nothing, UNC has made a mockery of the amateurism rules, and the student athlete construct. The NCAA itself knows it's nothing more than a ATM at this point, it's lost all moral high ground. It's impotent. Fuck it.... in it's stupid ass.

Two years... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

TucsonClip wrote:Fuegs is so butt hurt it's hilarious. Logic and facts are not your strong suit. Stick to the shitty recruiting jokes with Harlem Globetrotters.
Well if he read that article about KU he probably understands how they're about to be Louisvilled so he's lashing out a bit, which is to be somewhat expected when the thing you love is going to be reduced to ashes.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:That company is a paper tiger. Louisville got off pretty light (unless you're one of those weirdos who think vacating past performances is an actual thing and that because a bunch of stiff nancy boys won't have it written down in their worthless almanac so it didn't really happen outlook.) UNC went and Pete Rosed itself and the NCAA did nothing, UNC has made a mockery of the amateurism rules, and the student athlete construct. The NCAA itself knows it's nothing more than a ATM at this point, it's lost all moral high ground. It's impotent. Fuck it.... in it's stupid ass.
EXXXXXXACTLY.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Committee recommendations are coming Wednesday:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ ... 1.18174741" target="_blank
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Irish27 wrote:
There are some Arizona fans doing work commenting on Schlabach's tweet.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Irish27 wrote:
sorry I thought the tweet was referring to the Miller wiretap story

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... d/22559284

I'm not sure what players program u is getting at.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

What they're getting at is the only story released since the Arizona story by Schlabach has been taken down by ESPN. At least i think it's the only piece he's written
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

He also wrote this:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ssion=true" target="_blank

When he tweeted about it the link he put in his twit was incorrect and sent you to a "page not found" screen.

This is the first I've seen of the actual article.

It is all about adidas. Ku, nc st. Miami...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mark_Schlaba ... 54816?s=09" target="_blank[tweet][/tweet]
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

And apparently I don't know how to embed a twit on my phone.
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:And apparently I don't know how to embed a twit on my phone.
Eliminate everything in the link from the ? on.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Thanks bud. Wonder how long I can get away with being dumb and cute? :-)
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:And apparently I don't know how to embed a twit on my phone.
Twits? I thought they were called twats?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Twits? I thought they were called twats?
You're thinking of Twatter.

U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

"You have derailed"
-Richard.
-Norlander.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Wow, 5-year postseason ban for schools that cheat. That would destroy a program like the UofA, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... tions-ncaa" target="_blank.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Irish27 wrote:Wow, 5-year postseason ban for schools that cheat. That would destroy a program like the UofA, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... tions-ncaa" target="_blank.
Just a recommendation at this point.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Wow, 5-year postseason ban for schools that cheat. That would destroy a program like the UofA, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... tions-ncaa" target="_blank.
The NCAA will probably take it. This recommendation is exactly consistent with the NCAA model. They want to do what is best for the players. Because it's better that Bowen gets 0 dollars to play for Louisville as opposed to getting $150,000 to play for Louisville.

Same joke organization, different day.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Unfortunately these Recommendations will likely be accepted and in full force by the time the NCAA gets around to formally investigating and charging the UA. Books trial won't take place until next year.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Also, remember the NCAA is the schools. They do the bidding of the schools. The schools that run this show are major conference schools, many of whom have been on probation or have names on the list, etc...

I really do not see the NCAA enacting such a thing for violations occurring prior to the establishment of the penalty for a ton of reasons, not the least of which is the schools won't be OK with that, and then I really do not see the NCAA handing out such a penalty to any major school. But Wisconsin-GB better walk the straight and narrow.

The NCAA operates the collective home of a bunch of schools. And this is a business.