Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RiseAndFire

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by RiseAndFire »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Can someone help me with how the content of those Scheer tweets impacts Miller?
It removes a few bullets in the NCAA’s gun, potentially.
Thanks, Chi. That's good news.

I still go back to that Miller presser where he looked the world in the face and said he hasn't done anything wrong. No one is crazy (or dumb) enough to lie in such a public, grandiose way
Hi, welcome to planet earth let me introduce you to humans who often lie in spactacular ways, particularly when millions of dollars of earnings (not to mention prestige and god-status) are at stake.

If that's what you're hanging your hat on wow, just give Spiffs wife a call and call it a day
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Is Rise & Fire Greg Hansen's sock?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Is Rise & Fire Greg Hansen's sock?
Omg...swear to God I first read that as "Is Rise & Fire Greg Hansen's c*ck?"

LOL! Happy Friday, guys.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:Is Rise & Fire Greg Hansen's sock?
Omg...swear to God I first read that as "Is Rise & Fire Greg Hansen's c*ck?"

LOL! Happy Friday, guys.
More like Cock Holster...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

RiseAndFire wrote: If that's what you're hanging your hat on wow, just give Spiffs wife a call and call it a day
Ok, well, I guess everyone can ignore what I said here:
PieceOfMeat wrote:I've closed the report.

I feel it is fairly obvious it was a joke post and not actually a personal dig at R&F's wife (especially considering nobody knew he was married).

From this point forward, I'd ask posters to refrain from bringing R&F's wife into the discussion, as it is apparently a sensitive area for him and I think we can all be the better man here and respect his wishes on this matter.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I swear piss and swallow is basnight
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

How have y'all not just blocked that dude and moved on with life
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Just out.......LSU Coach officially suspended......indefinitely!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MountainCat wrote:Just out.......LSU Coach officially suspended......indefinitely!
Surprised it took this long.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

MountainCat wrote:Just out.......LSU Coach officially suspended......indefinitely!
Here's the link:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... a-wiretap/" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Surprised it took this long.
Miller got the same after the ESPN article. This is no shocker.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

In the quotes posted here, it sounds like Wade is venting to Dawkins about Smart’s handler.
I don’t see anything that shows Dawkins being involved in the Wade/Smart situation.
Am I missing something?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Postmaster wrote:In the quotes posted here, it sounds like Wade is venting to Dawkins about Smart’s handler.
I don’t see anything that shows Dawkins being involved in the Wade/Smart situation.
Am I missing something?
Wade was complaining that the lucrative offers he made were turned down by the "handler, because the handler wasn't getting enough of a cut - they were co-conspirators, likely with Dawkins being the source of the money, and Wade making the offer....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Did understand that is what most will infer, but that is never stated.
So I was curious if that was stated but not posted here or if strategically left out by the leaker.
Last edited by Postmaster on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Postmaster wrote:Did understand that is what most will infer, but that is never stat d.
So I was curious if that was stated but not posted here or if strategically left out by the leaker.
Recalling that the leaker is someone associated with the defense of Dawkins - a team that has made it clear that they're attempting to show the bad actions of coaches to diminish the "bad actor" role of Dawkins - it makes sense that the leak would center on Wade's actions and leave out Dawkins's.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Yes.

Maybe Wade should claim he kept the money, never gave it to Smarts handler.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Another one bites the dust

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

ChooChooCat wrote: If this is tied into Bowen specifically that means those schools are Creighton and Texas.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... d-payments
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck Mark Schlabach

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Fuck Mark Schlabach

Scheer is having fun with this story
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

So this guy William Rick Singer is arrested for running a pay to play scheme for wealthy people's kids to get into Elite Colleges. He sets up a bogus non-profit foundation called The Key Foundation to help hide all the bribing being done. Lives about 2 blocks from me and I think less then a block from 97cats old house in Newport Heights. real scumbags here in Newport

But why bring this up here....look at his Key Foundation website and see who they openly claim to have "Donated" money to.....three AAU programs...who are run as fellow non-profits

Oakland Soldiers
Houston Hoops
Atlanta Express

Why would a sham Non-Profit purposely set up to hide bribes be giving money to three AAU programs.....

http://www.thekeyworldwide.com/the_key_foundation/" target="_blank

2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh damn...this getting good.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I mean, did Arizona ever recruit any Oakland Soldier players.....

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Oh damn...this getting good.
Or not good. Or who the hell knows.

It got founded in 2014, which was around the time we lost sway with the Soldiers.

Edit: I was thinking of the Compton Magic. My fault.
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

https://www.etonline.com/breaking-down- ... admissions" target="_blank

In an email to a witness now cooperating with the FBI, Giannulli allegedly wrote, "We just met with [our older daughter's] college counselor this am. I'd like to maybe sit with you after your session with the girls as I have some concerns and want to fully understand the game plan and make sure we have a roadmap for success as it relates to [our daughter] and getting her into a school other than ASU!"
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Oh damn...this getting good.
Or not good. Or who the hell knows.

It got founded in 2014, which was around the time we lost sway with the Soldiers.
I saw this on the front page of the Washington Post and said, "Aw, damn, Miller is involved!":

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I just find it fascinating that this sham non-profit is openly claiming they are making donations to three AAU programs including the Oakland Soldiers. This particular non-profit has been up and running since 2012. I mean could there be other sham non-profits out there donating money to AAU programs which also run as non-profits? You know as a way to hide money....shit and get a tax write off

And interesting to me that Arizona has recruited the Oakland Soldiers very well over the years. Specifically when Joe Pasternack was here with us given he has always had a "close relationship" with them. Even more interesting when Joe P goes to UCSB, like a magician he immediately recruits two Oakland Soldiers players for his team.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:I mean, did Arizona ever recruit any Oakland Soldier players.....

I mean they were the top west coast Nike AAU program for a very long time and we're a Nike school. The relationship is no different than UCLA landing every single Compton Magic player due to the Adidas affiliation and you'll never guess which program is landing Compton Magic guys now that UCLA switched has to UnderArmour. These AAU programs get the vast majority of their money from the shoe companies who sponsor them. The shoe companies expect some return on that investment obviously.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Btw file this in the "Arizona just can't have nice things" file if it becomes an issue. One of our top baseball recruits goes to IMG as well.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

"Five of the top 60 basketball prospects in the 2019 Rivals rankings attend IMG Academy: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (Villanova), Josh Green (Arizona), Armando Bacot (North Carolina), Terrence Shannon (Texas Tech) and Lester Quinones (undecided). IMG also boasts three of the top 10 football prospects in the Class of 2019: Georgia-bound linebacker Nolan Smith and Alabama-bound running back Trey Sanders and offensive lineman Evan Neal."
sirhamsalot

Post by sirhamsalot »

:shock: I'm still hoping for a miracle this week and that our season doesn't end just yet, but typical as we're all preparing to move on to next year, that dark cloud begins to move back in over our program.
ChooChooCat wrote:Btw file this in the "Arizona just can't have nice things" file if it becomes an issue. One of our top baseball recruits goes to IMG as well.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

One wonders if the Phelps thing has tentacles in any of this...

When all is said and done, in a few years down the road...Arizona sports will have stricter requirements than a crypto wallet.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ChooChooCat wrote:Btw file this in the "Arizona just can't have nice things" file if it becomes an issue. One of our top baseball recruits goes to IMG as well.
It's a scandal related to the SAT. Neither SAT nor ACT scores are required for admission at U of A anymore, which basically means that Admissions (with a capital "A") nowadays calls BS on the supposed value of those standard tests (yay!). If admissions for student athletes requires scores for one of those tests, I don't know about it, so please correct me if I'm missing that. Without a test score submitted, there would be nothing for Arizona to investigate. If another investigation finds that a player knowingly submitted a falsely obtained test score to an institution other than Arizona, it isn't clear to me what laws the minor broke if he didn't capitalize on the fake test score.

There's a difference between the larger picture of this front-page news story on the one hand, and just cheating on standard tests on the other hand. Cheating on the TOEFL is rampant and systematized, resulting in all those foreign students in our college classrooms who don't speak or understand English. The question of athletes with false test scores is going to be on the bottom rung of priorities.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
It's a scandal related to the SAT. Neither SAT nor ACT scores are required for admission at U of A anymore, which basically means that Admissions (with a capital "A") nowadays calls BS on the supposed value of those standard tests (yay!). If admissions for student athletes requires scores for one of those tests, I don't know about it, so please correct me if I'm missing that. Without a test score submitted, there would be nothing for Arizona to investigate. If another investigation finds that a player knowingly submitted a falsely obtained test score to an institution other than Arizona, it isn't clear to me what laws the minor broke if he didn't capitalize on the fake test score.

There's a difference between the larger picture of this front-page news story on the one hand, and just cheating on standard tests on the other hand. Cheating on the TOEFL is rampant and systematized, resulting in all those foreign students in our college classrooms who don't speak or understand English. The question of athletes with false test scores is going to be on the bottom rung of priorities.
Lol I wasn't actually serious about it screwing us, it was just a way to have our name back in the spotlight via Josh Green. Even if it mattered the NCAA would have to prove this guy would've taken Josh's tests for him and good luck with that.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I see. :D

But for full disclosure, I should add that I cheated on tests in high school. Not a standardized test like the SAT or ACT, but still. If athletes from common backgrounds (as opposed to the wealthy and privileged kids at the center of the big story) are going to get nailed for the actions of adult criminals who exploit them, then send me and every other suburban asshole to the can and take away our futures, too.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Good knowledge above, I didnt know that and had to look it up.
Submitting your official SAT/ACT scores is optional for admissions consideration. However, test scores are REQUIRED in order to be considered for merit scholarships, the UA Honors College, the College of Nursing, or the College of Engineering.
https://admissions.arizona.edu/how-to-apply/freshman" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If they're legit looking at IMG athletes, that's taking down a ton of major CBB and CFB programs before we're touched. IMG is a college talent factory.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I mean, did Arizona ever recruit any Oakland Soldier players.....

I mean they were the top west coast Nike AAU program for a very long time and we're a Nike school. The relationship is no different than UCLA landing every single Compton Magic player due to the Adidas affiliation and you'll never guess which program is landing Compton Magic guys now that UCLA switched has to UnderArmour. These AAU programs get the vast majority of their money from the shoe companies who sponsor them. The shoe companies expect some return on that investment obviously.
Yes and No. Shoe companies do give them large amounts of money but clearly this Key Foundation was giving the Oakland Soldiers money and I do not think it was for legit reasons. I am sure if you checked the books of Oakland Soldiers, you would find them receiving "donations" from not just shoe companies.

But there are plenty of Nike Schools out there. Now Arizona has been a very loyal one and is a great brand so I can see why Nike would support them for sure and want players to come here. But clearly, other influences were donating money to Oakland Soldiers too.

Why does Joe Pasternack have a "very strong relationship" with the Oakland Soldiers? Did that just happen?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Lol I wasn't actually serious about it screwing us, it was just a way to have our name back in the spotlight via Josh Green. Even if it mattered the NCAA would have to prove this guy would've taken Josh's tests for him and good luck with that.
Could they make him ineligible through NCAA saying he did not get a real high school diploma at IMG?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Yes and No. Shoe companies do give them large amounts of money but clearly this Key Foundation was giving the Oakland Soldiers money and I do not think it was for legit reasons. I am sure if you checked the books of Oakland Soldiers, you would find them receiving "donations" from not just shoe companies.

But there are plenty of Nike Schools out there. Now Arizona has been a very loyal one and is a great brand so I can see why Nike would support them for sure and want players to come here. But clearly, other influences were donating money to Oakland Soldiers too.

Why does Joe Pasternack have a "very strong relationship" with the Oakland Soldiers? Did that just happen?
Pasternack was an assistant coach in the Bay Area for 6 years before ever stepping foot at Arizona, needless to say you build connections with guys in the area with that much time and further strengthen that relationship when that program is pretty much the only one on the west coast with high end guys and you are recruiting for Arizona. That relationship is certainly not as nefarious as you make it out to be.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Pasternack was an assistant coach in the Bay Area for 6 years before ever stepping foot at Arizona, needless to say you build connections with guys in the area with that much time and further strengthen that relationship when that program is pretty much the only one on the west coast with high end guys and you are recruiting for Arizona. That relationship is certainly not as nefarious as you make it out to be.
How do you build connections or develop/strengthen those relationships? My experience tells me relationships are strengthened when parties are mutually beneficial to each other when in a business setting. College basketball is a business. Recruiting is a business.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:
How do you build connections or develop/strengthen those relationships? My experience tells me relationships are strengthened when parties are mutually beneficial to each other when in a business setting. College basketball is a business. Recruiting is a business.
As an AAU coach/director if I send off my guys to a certain school and they succeed and go on to prominence, which leads to more young talent wanting to play for my program, well that would be what's beneficial to me as it leads to more dollars being sent my way via Nike or whatever boosters I have. This isn't rocket science Newport.

Gabe York didn't go on to be big enough at Arizona = Compton Magic relationship dead
Emmanuel Akot went from a 5 star to shit at Arizona = Relationship with that Utah AAU program dead
Aaron Gordon balls out and is a one and done = Solid relationship with Oakland Soldiers
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

They did produce Kyrl
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
As an AAU coach/director if I send off my guys to a certain school and they succeed and go on to prominence, which leads to more young talent wanting to play for my program, well that would be what's beneficial to me as it leads to more dollars being sent my way via Nike or whatever boosters I have. This isn't rocket science Newport.

Gabe York didn't go on to be big enough at Arizona = Compton Magic relationship dead
Emmanuel Akot went from a 5 star to shit at Arizona = Relationship with that Utah AAU program dead
Aaron Gordon balls out and is a one and done = Solid relationship with Oakland Soldiers
So how did Joe Pasternack build such a strong relationship with them? You did not answer my question

Who blew up under pasternack at Cal or New Orleans from Oakland soldiers?

I don’t disagree that it helps to have kids succeed and be under the same shoe company but Josiah turner flamed out at Arizona too and he was an Oakland soldier

This isn’t rocket science. These coaches definitely want players to succeed but they also are in it for the money. Fuck assistant soccer coaches and sailing coaches and water polo coaches are in it for the money it looks like too. You think AAU coaches want to help these guys succeed to just make more shoe company money. When you talk to most AAU coaches shoe company money is mostly finite too for AAU programs.

5’5 puny white boy Joe Pasternack who coached at Cal didn’t just bro out with the Oakland soldiers coaches...come on now. Coach Joe picked up the Oakland soldiers players at UCSB and now has gone to international players in his second year there...I wonder why????

Come on now Choo, you are smarter then this
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Strap in boys! All politics aside this guy is a fucking joke, so I wouldn't expect shit.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Strap in boys! All politics aside this guy is a fucking joke, so I wouldn't expect shit.
I am afraid Michael has bigger problems now.........he just got arrested. Too bad, maybe he could have brought some porn stars to the press conference tomorrow.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/michael ... fraud.html" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote: Strap in boys! All politics aside this guy is a fucking joke, so I wouldn't expect shit.
I am afraid Michael has bigger problems now.........he just got arrested. Too bad, maybe he could have brought some porn stars to the press conference tomorrow.

"Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike"

Wonder if this has anything to do with the press conference tomorrow?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We live in a very weird world.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

"Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike"

Oh I'm sure.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Oh I'm sure.
I was just being sarcastic. :lol: at Avenatti.