Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by NYCat »

Sean Miller is Mark Richt. For Georgia, they got fed up with it after 15 years. I think something similar will happen here at Arizona, we're currently in year 10. Wondering who you'll hire or if you can find someone better isn't any reason to stay in a unfulfilling marriage.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Why are we discussing firing Sean Miller? Absolutely nothing has changed in this whole saga. Nothing. Until that changes -- Miller is our coach and has a solid team in the works for next season.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

zonagrad wrote:Why are we discussing firing Sean Miller? Absolutely nothing has changed in this whole saga. Nothing. Until that changes -- Miller is our coach and has a solid team in the works for next season.
I don't think there's any real "discussion" of firing Miller. It's purely speculative.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

More in text form..
• Code, who at this point is being brought in to help establish relationships with coaches: “They’ve got a lot of resources, and they’ve got a lot of existing relationships with agents, agencies, runners. And they’re — Nike.”

• Code: “So, if I let my kid go to Kentucky, I promise you I won’t get him back.”
Dawkins “No.”
Code: “If I let—Brian Bowen was going to Oregon and I was like he is not going to Oregon. Not getting him back.”

This conversation is from June 20, 2017, in a NYC hotel room.

• More on Bowen and Oregon:

Dawkins: “Even if the offer was astronomical.”
Code: "It was astronomical. I said he is not going.”

• Blazer then was asked what he thought this meant, mentioned Duke, UNC, Oregon, Kentucky, Kansas as schools who has relationships “like the ones we had Arizona … paying assistant coaches to get access to players.”

Again, this is Blazer on stand being asked to give his opinion.

• Code, via wiretap, on Kansas: “Kansas concerns me as it does Christian because those relationships relationships are blatant and very tough to overcome.”

Blazer on stand: “They were not a school we were going to crack” b/c of coaches alleged ties to other influencers.

• The Cosmopolitan in Vegas in late July of 2017 is where a lot of video wiretaps were captured. This is where USC’S Tony Bland took $13,000, where Creighton’s Preston Murphy and TCU’s Corey Barker took $6,000.

Dawkins says of TCU: “They’re all cheaters, his whole fucking staff."

• The reason Dawkins, Blazer and the agent meet with Barker at TCU is because he is connected to Jarred Vanderbilt, who would go on to play at Kentucky. There’s also talk about linking up with R.J. Hampton eventually, an elite prospect.

• Marty Blazer on the stand: “Tony (Bland) needed money to get to Marvin (Bagley III).”

• Blazer: “He wasn’t going to go to UCLA or go to Duke, Tony was confident he had Marvin Bagley locked in at USC. … When Marvin Bagley signs with USC, I need you guys on campus the moment he signs, be ready to get it to him ASAP.”

• Bland, on tap, on Bagleys: “They’re not going anywhere. … If he’s at USC, you will meet him the first day on campus. This is the type of dude that, you get him, everybody will follow.”

They talk about Bagley as the best HS prospect since LeBron James.

• Brad Augustine, was given $11,700 on behalf of Louisville assistant Jordan Fair as payment for the recruitment of an (unnamed) 7-footer in Augustine’s grassroots program to get him to go to Louisville.

Augustine was initially charged in the case, then charges later dropped.

• More Zion stuff. Clemson assistant Steve Smith discussed about an aunt of Zion Williamson’s that “nobody” knew was in Vegas in July of 2017 and she would “tell you what they’re thinking, and what the boy said, and this and that.”

• For more context, this meeting takes place one or two days after the famed Lamelo Ball vs. Zion spectacle that happened at Adidas Gauntlet. It’s referenced. Dawkins: “It was like the fucking Beatles.”

This is about the time that Zion’s profile really hit another level.

• More on Clemson FB, via Steve Smith on wiretap: “It’s a small college town. … You can come to a game one night, after the game you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, wait a minute now.”

Blazer: "I understood that to mean boosters would give certain things."
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

zonagrad wrote:Why are we discussing firing Sean Miller? Absolutely nothing has changed in this whole saga. Nothing. Until that changes -- Miller is our coach and has a solid team in the works for next season.

Am I wrong here - or is a lot of this info coming out today LITERALLY on a wiretap or videotape - and not claimed to be by someone. And I haven't seen Miller's name anywhere. I've always been frustrated & angry with this whole thing but I'm getting close to not being able to see straight. What the fuck happened to journalism?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Because some people have wanted that for a while. Nothing has changed, but if you wanted it a while ago...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote: More in text form...
• Another video wiretap was played that included Clemson assistant coach Steve Smith talking to Christian Dawkins and an undercover FBI agent about the recruitment and potential payments to be made to Zion Williamson's family. These wiretaps were caught in July of 2017.

• Clemson football was also discussed via wiretap by Clemson basketball asst coach Steve Smith like this, in relation to Zion hoops recruitment: "That's why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight."

• Clemson asst Steve Smith knew the exact time it took to get from Clemson's arena to Zion's house—1 hour, 4 minutes—and is caught joking, telling a story about how had to pretend to Brad Brownell about not knowing the route/distance the first time they both went to see Zion there.

• Christian Dawkins, who was in the Vegas hotel room caught on video wiretap, discussing Zion recruitment: "Duke is gonna have their resources. UNC is UNC. Kentucky is gonna have their resources."

• Under oath, Marty Blazer said he understood Dawkins to be saying: "Duke, UNC and Kentucky will have people in place to pay whatever's necessary for Zion Williamson. Whatever Zion Williamson's family needed, we would be able to step in and [help with money] if it was close."

• Blazer testified—testimony supported by video taps—that 13k was given to Tony Bland (USC), $11,700 was given to AAU coach for L'ville, 6k was given to Preston Murphy (Creighton), 6k was given to Corey Barker (TCU) an4 $4,500 to Lamont Evans (then @ Okla. St) in Vegas in July 17.

• Other coaches from Arizona St (Anthony Coleman), Clemson (Steve Smith), UConn (Raphael Chillious), Texas A&M (Amir Abdur-Rahim) met w/ Dawkins, Blazer and undercover agents, but didn't receive $ b/c they weren't consider worthy enough yet, i.e. they didn't have pull w/ prospects

If we get nothing else from this, the fact ASU wanted money from Dawkins, but he considered it not worth his time is hilarious.
First people were handing out bribes to get their kids into any school not named ASU, and now this. Scummies can't catch a break in these cheating scandals...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

So this all becomes more clear…

Dawkins is on a boat trying to sell a scheme. There are a couple of angles at all of this...the "get players to Adidas schools" piece and the ASM/agent rep of NBA players piece. Where both can intersect is better business. He is trying to impress as to how much reach he has. He flat out says “Duke, UNC, UK have their own resources”, so there is no business opportunity.

Who is the next coach in line recruiting-wise?

Sean Miller.

“Oh, yeah…Sean. We have Sean. Sean plays ball. He's always tellin’ me how he's cheating. He's cool”.

Why else?

Because they had Book. They have an asset at Arizona to steer players to ASM. Dawkins flat out says assistants at ASU and some other schools aren’t strong enough to give money to. Tony Bland at USC was being used for Marvin Bagley. They paid TCU assistant because they thought he had Jared Vanderbilt (???...maybe I have this one confused). The Adidas bag dude says no amount of money would have them agreeing to fund Bowen to Oregon, because there is no getting a player back to Adidas from Oregon. They paid Book to get players to the agency because…dang. NBA players flying out of Arizona. Not to sign with Adidas...but to get actual players to rep. Different part of the scheme

Remember, though…those other assistants were recruited. Book was presented the scheme then called into a wiretap on another coach. He needed money. Arizona turns out pros. So he sold access, even saying “I think I can get one or two, but not sure” and our rep as an NBA school got him cash immediately.

So Dawkins needs to impress. He can’t with UNC/Duke/UK. That's established They all have their own bag men, per Dawkins. Code is on tap basically saying KU is too hot, too blatant with their scheming. But Sean Miller? That’s a name to sell to schemers. And they DO have his assistant.

No way Miller is selling out his millions of dollars in contracts with Arizona and Nike over those tiny payments to steer players to an agent. Book hasn't pulled a big PG in a while and we are in need. So maybe Quinnerly was the potential source of that money...Book was on the outs with Miller, wasn't producing, and may have been desperate. Or just broke. What we know is there is no trail that money got from Book to Quinnerly.

So Dawkins has to say “Yeah…Miller's cool”. Remember…he is trying to sell a scheme. So he talks it up like I would a used car I was selling if I thought I could get away with it.

I was wondering why Miller was even in Dawkins mouth given the relationship between this and Adidas grassroots. But this was not the Adidas part as much as the getting NBA players into ASM agency…

It’s starting to make more sense.

Is there any hole in this line of thinking?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Now Bagley being mentioned.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Irish27 wrote:Now Bagley being mentioned.
The recruitment of Zion Williamson by Duke, North Carolina and Clemson was a hot topic Thursday in the federal college basketball bribery trial in New York, and Marvin Bagley III’s name came up as well, but there was no evidence provided that Williamson or Bagley or their families received any improper benefits.

I wish Miller got the same benefit of the doubt from Zagoria
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Whatever anyone says that is even halfway incriminating about Sean Miller, it’s printed as fact.

Name someone connected to Duke and these witnesses and defendants are all lying liars who live to lie.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I think we are all frustrated from this. All the reporters are saying "we are just writing what we hear" but using the example above, you can see the spin. So from the article above, Adam added this:
but there was no evidence provided that Williamson or Bagley or their families received any improper benefits.
But in articles about Miller, he does not make those statements and treats everything like direct evidence. Its ridiculous.

Unless I missed it, I still haven't seen articles about ASU's Coleman or Player #6 (I know this was actually when he was headed to USC but still)
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Apparently the difference is that Dawkins is saying Miller said this and that, instead of speaking about UNC, Duke, UK, KU in generalities. No specifics. Kinda BS but whatevs
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

azcat34 wrote: The recruitment of Zion Williamson by Duke, North Carolina and Clemson was a hot topic Thursday in the federal college basketball bribery trial in New York, and Marvin Bagley III’s name came up as well, but there was no evidence provided that Williamson or Bagley or their families received any improper benefits.

I wish Miller got the same benefit of the doubt from Zagoria
Well Miller wasn't just mentioned, he was accused of corrupt conduct on undercover FBI video!

Jk it's literally the exact same thing but boy look at how differently they're treated.

Also, EV I'm not going to quote your whole block but yeah that looks right.
Last edited by YoDeFoe on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So all of those asst coaches have had their voices heard on tape but yet not once have we heard Millers voice, correct?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Apparently the difference is that Dawkins is saying Miller said this and that, instead of speaking about UNC, Duke, UK, KU in generalities. No specifics. Kinda BS but whatevs
That's silly. The only difference is literally naming Sean Miller and using school names on UNC, Duke, UK and KU.

Parrish getting butthurt about it...why do you think those 4 schools have money men.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

From above:

"So Dawkins needs to impress. He can’t with UNC/Duke/UK. That's established They all have their own bag men, per Dawkins. Code is on tap basically saying KU is too hot, too blatant with their scheming. But Sean Miller? That’s a name to sell to schemers. And they DO have his assistant.

No way Miller is selling out his millions of dollars in contracts with Arizona and Nike over those tiny payments to steer players to an agent. Book hasn't pulled a big PG in a while and we are in need. So maybe Quinnerly was the potential source of that money...Book was on the outs with Miller, wasn't producing, and may have been desperate. Or just broke. What we know is there is no trail that money got from Book to Quinnerly."

This does make sense. Dawkins was on a boat, trying to be a player.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The more different reporters try to cover their takes on this trial, the more disappointed I am in their journalism skills. Miller can't sue everyone, but the fact that it is not mentioned by ANYONE in the media that "there was no evidence provided that any families received improper benefits" is a clear indication of the lack of respect for Arizona basketball in the national media. Like it just exists to be made a negative example of and taken shots at, not to be praised as any kind of positive example.

I used to think I was churlish and immature in this point of view. Now I am beginning to see I might not have gone far enough.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In case anybody here hasn't noticed, there's nothing to this Dawkins video, and many sports journalists are ill-equipped to cover or comment on criminal trials. But they can and will wield the "Arizona fans are delusional" trope as their rite of spring. And they aren't sharp enough to refrain from questioning the University of Arizona administration about things they can't themselves understand.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

catgrad97 wrote:The more different reporters try to cover their takes on this trial, the more disappointed I am in their journalism skills. Miller can't sue everyone, but the fact that it is not mentioned by ANYONE in the media that "there was no evidence provided that any families received improper benefits" is a clear indication of the lack of respect for Arizona basketball in the national media. Like it just exists to be made a negative example of and taken shots at, not to be praised as any kind of positive example.

I used to think I was churlish and immature in this point of view. Now I am beginning to see I might not have gone far enough.
Yes, this.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Once some of this stuff clears up with the trial, the university and Miller's lawyers need to go to town on the media about the shit reporting that has made us look like we are the biggest cheaters in the country without any actual evidence of Miller doing anything wrong or even on a wire tap.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

phxcat23 wrote:Once some of this stuff clears up with the trial, the university and Miller's lawyers need to go to town on the media about the shit reporting that has made us look like we are the biggest cheaters in the country without any actual evidence of Miller doing anything wrong or even on a wire tap.
Yes this.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

And honestly they need to make someone their bitch....maybe Schlabach would be a starting point. But as someone mentioned before, then that might open a whole can of worms we don't want. Someone in the media needs to go down to understand that we aren't just going to keep taking it. If Miller is already witch status, he might as well take more down while he's still at Arizona. If we are going to be the villain, then let's keep piling it on. Let the haters hate.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:
This does make sense. Dawkins was on a boat, trying to be a player.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

NYCat wrote:Sean Miller is Mark Richt. For Georgia, they got fed up with it after 15 years. I think something similar will happen here at Arizona, we're currently in year 10. Wondering who you'll hire or if you can find someone better isn't any reason to stay in a unfulfilling marriage.
In college basketball it is. It is very easy for an elite program to turn into Indiana if coaching hires are botched. You don't dump Miller simply because he barely missed out on three Final Fours on last second shots and an overtime game. His record has been very sold, with marquee wins, conference titles, deep tournament runs, and NBA draft picks. The last couple of years were substandard, but the athletic department didn't make a move, so now they have to give it more time. If he underachieves next season and there are some NCAA issues, then start fresh and hope a quality coach is interested enough to take the job.

I am certainly not a Miller apologist, but it would make sense to part ways with him with program stability and a decent roster, rather than ending the relationship while the program is dealing with the present scrutiny. You part ways with him because the product on the floor doesn't deliver, not because of some public perception due to ESPN's obsession with taking down a big program outside of the ACC.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

phxcat23 wrote:Once some of this stuff clears up with the trial, the university and Miller's lawyers need to go to town on the media about the shit reporting that has made us look like we are the biggest cheaters in the country without any actual evidence of Miller doing anything wrong or even on a wire tap.
That will happen, but it will just be a carefully worded statement (some would say "understatement") that most people won't even understand, but that university faculty and administrators will consider a devastating take-down of the sports media. And the sports media will continue to point fingers at Miller and Arizona, because they won't grasp the gist of the dry language, either.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Charles Tobin is an attorney currently working on the defense for CNN involving the Covington Catholic libel lawsuit. I've had some interaction with him. Just because you can attribute a quote to someone about someone else, it doesn't necessarily free you from libel charges. It's a complicated charge and I won't even pretend to understand it because I'm not an attorney. But my guess is that ESPN silenced Schlabach from commenting further about his reporting because they thought he had dug himself a hole and he wasn't gonna get out of it.

I'm curious to see if Miller and the UA will pursue any action against ESPN. My gut tells me no because they don't want further attention.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

YoDeFoe wrote: Also, EV I'm not going to quote your whole block but yeah that looks right.
Thanks. It took about 10,000 tweets for that to finally click in my mind. I am usually quicker to the punch...just couldn't figure out the Adidas piece with us until I figured out there were two points of play here and a belief that players from some Nike schools could be turned by an agent/asst coach (us) easier than others.

"Zion got paid by Duke".

Me saying that has as much validity as Dawkins' statements about Miller on a video while not under oath. Actually, Dawkins' statement about Miller has much more contextual reasoning to be considered potentially false, given what he was trying to accomplish. Why would he brag about not being able to get into UK/Duke/UNC systems because they were already taken care of? That might be the most honest thing he said, in context.

I love Parrish trying to split hairs about the comments about UNC/Duke/UK having their own systems in place with no opportunity to do business with them as not being DIRECTLY about those coaches, but the Miller comments having more weight because the name was said. That was classic "I refuse to be wrong" social media lawyering.
Last edited by EVCat on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

midnightx wrote:
NYCat wrote:Sean Miller is Mark Richt. For Georgia, they got fed up with it after 15 years. I think something similar will happen here at Arizona, we're currently in year 10. Wondering who you'll hire or if you can find someone better isn't any reason to stay in a unfulfilling marriage.
In college basketball it is. It is very easy for an elite program to turn into Indiana if coaching hires are botched. You don't dump Miller simply because he barely missed out on three Final Fours on last second shots and an overtime game. His record has been very sold, with marquee wins, conference titles, deep tournament runs, and NBA draft picks. The last couple of years were substandard, but the athletic department didn't make a move, so now they have to give it more time. If he underachieves next season and there are some NCAA issues, then start fresh and hope a quality coach is interested enough to take the job.

I am certainly not a Miller apologist, but it would make sense to part ways with him with program stability and a decent roster, rather than ending the relationship while the program is dealing with the present scrutiny. You part ways with him because the product on the floor doesn't deliver, not because of some public perception due to ESPN's obsession with taking down a big program outside of the ACC.
I said that earlier

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4675&start=5000#p383729" target="_blank

Basically the only benefit of standing by Miller is that he'll leave the program in a better state if Arizona decides to move if he fails to reach a F4 in 3-5+ years or gets eliminated by a higher seed in the opening weekend of the tournament a couple more times.

It would then be a traditional coaching change.
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I wonder if the more prudent action, once this blows over and there is nothing on Miller (if the case), as long as we are recruiting/winning back at a normal rate, might be to just be quiet about it and not continue to remind people of all of this.

Unless you can, flat out, win...

...and there are no skeletons in the closet. And here is the biggest issue with a scorched earth policy. If we pay, like I think we all think we do, and we go after every major media player who blew the story on this trial, some big time lawyers with way more sense than Haney will be on the case. And when it comes to libel/slander of public figures, you need to prove malice or incredible negligence and falsehood. One big time example of Miller being aware of our system in play being properly substantiated and uncovered by a big suit lawyer would crush this program.

It might be better, if we get through this, to just say "whew", and let the bodies, where they exist, stay in the ground.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

zonagrad wrote:Charles Tobin is an attorney currently working on the defense for CNN involving the Covington Catholic libel lawsuit. I've had some interaction with him. Just because you can attribute a quote to someone about someone else, it doesn't necessarily free you from libel charges. It's a complicated charge and I won't even pretend to understand it because I'm not an attorney. But my guess is that ESPN silenced Schlabach from commenting further about his reporting because they thought he had dug himself a hole and he wasn't gonna get out of it.

I'm curious to see if Miller and the UA will pursue any action against ESPN. My gut tells me no because they don't want further attention.
It wouldn't even go as far as weighing risk. The athletics department is tied to the university's land grant mission, and its strategic plan for the future place of the U of A as an institution that impacts its students and the state through research and teaching. They just don't go after corporations or media conglomerates in that way. The very way I worded this post is to convey the actual mindset at work, and the conversations administrators have about these issues. And just how different it is from ticket-paying fans and boosters. There's a certain wall that separates the university from the kinds of thoughts and dreams we talk about on this board.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:
zonagrad wrote:Charles Tobin is an attorney currently working on the defense for CNN involving the Covington Catholic libel lawsuit. I've had some interaction with him. Just because you can attribute a quote to someone about someone else, it doesn't necessarily free you from libel charges. It's a complicated charge and I won't even pretend to understand it because I'm not an attorney. But my guess is that ESPN silenced Schlabach from commenting further about his reporting because they thought he had dug himself a hole and he wasn't gonna get out of it.

It wouldn't even go as far as weighing risk. The athletics department is tied to the university's land grant mission, and its strategic plan for the future place of the U of A as an institution that impacts its students and the state through research and teaching. They just don't go after corporations or media conglomerates in that way. The very way I worded this post is to convey the actual mindset at work, and the conversations administrators have about these issues. And just how different it is from ticket-paying fans and boosters. There's a certain wall that separates the university from the kinds of thoughts and dreams we talk about on this board.
I think that's a pretty good assessment.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Videos of payoffs, tale of $11K in shoe dot trial

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -dot-trial" target="_blank

Maybe its because I only glanced over the article but its surprisingly fair. It mentions Zion but does not include the words "without proof". It only mentions Book as background information and even that is 18 paragraphs in. It also mentions Coleman from ASU.

The only issue I have is there is a "related" link that has a headline with Miller in it.

Now how many people will read this and start to understand the scope of it all?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Longhorned wrote:In case anybody here hasn't noticed, there's nothing to this Dawkins video, and many sports journalists are ill-equipped to cover or comment on criminal trials. But they can and will wield the "Arizona fans are delusional" trope as their rite of spring. And they aren't sharp enough to refrain from questioning the University of Arizona administration about things they can't themselves understand.
co-signed
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Gilbertcat wrote:Videos of payoffs, tale of $11K in shoe dot trial

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -dot-trial" target="_blank

Maybe its because I only glanced over the article but its surprisingly fair. It mentions Zion but does not include the words "without proof". It only mentions Book as background information and even that is 18 paragraphs in. It also mentions Coleman from ASU.

The only issue I have is there is a "related" link that has a headline with Miller in it.

Now how many people will read this and start to understand the scope of it all?
From that article:
The undercover video recordings with coaches and testimony also revealed interesting highlights, including a discussion that Clemson assistant coach Steve Smith said he had with the father of Zion Williamson.

That's exactly the same thing as Dawkins saying he had a discussion with Miller, with the same "no evidence / perverse incentive to mislead" caveat that should apply. And yet... where is the breaking news that Zion's family is accused of seeking impermissible benefits?

The answer to that question lies in a ChiCat post.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I'm not on Twitter, but was there any take from the bobblehead reporters about Self having texts in the last trial implicating him? He is the biggest name out there with some form of proof as I understand. They're waiting to burn CSM on the stake for info like they have on Self.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

College basketball corruption trial: Former ASU assistant Anthony Coleman discussed

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 580107002/" target="_blank

Not sure Ive seen others but this might be the first time the local papers have brought up ASU's issues. Now he is Colorado's problem lol.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Gilbertcat wrote:College basketball corruption trial: Former ASU assistant Anthony Coleman discussed

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 580107002/" target="_blank

Not sure Ive seen others but this might be the first time the local papers have brought up ASU's issues. Now he is Colorado's problem lol.
If I'm not mistaken, ASU has had a player (or maybe recruit) mentioned in the FBI case as well as Coleman.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Yeah Taeshon Cherry was player #6 but technically, he was a USC commit at the time.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

zonagrad wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
I'll hold my breath and wait for the ESPN headline about Zion and his family getting paid by Duke.
Better get your inline oxygenated blood transfusionary pump thingy going.

A video could go viral of coach k on one knee handing over a duffle bag spilling cash out the top asking Zion to come play for him and Dukie V would be like, "you don't understand the context baby!! It was a symbolic gesture, he didn't keep the money!!! Sean Miller sucks baby. LoL. I love Rick pitino!!!!!"
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ralmom22

Post by ralmom22 »

Olsondogg wrote:I pray we dick punch everyone on the court next year just as a giant fuck you.
Not quite sure what a “dick punch” is- but I love the sentiment of this post and am hoping for exactly the same thing. Redemption!
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

I’ve also enjoyed the media saying Christian Dawkins was an aspiring agent who was charismatic and ambitious, when in reality he’s a pathological liar and probably did some really dumb stuff, because I don’t know, he was 22 fucking years old.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

SabinoDrifter wrote:I’ve also enjoyed the media saying Christian Dawkins was an aspiring agent who was charismatic and ambitious, when in reality he’s a pathological liar and probably did some really dumb stuff, because I don’t know, he was 22 fucking years old.
Well said.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

We were all idiots at 22 right
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lord knows I was.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Even Buttigieg was an idiot at 22.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Look, you never know until cross examination, but so far, things are not particularly bad for Arizona/Miller versus other schools. There's actually less money talk and more the implication with Miller.

Cue up Always Sunny in Philadelphia "The Implication."
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I was a genius at 22, if you asked me at 22.

At 42 I’d tell you I’m lucky I’m alive.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:I was a genius at 22, if you asked me at 22.
did we meet when you were 22? i felt like we did :D
Olsondogg wrote:At 42 I’d tell you I’m lucky I’m alive.
glad you are, my man
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is so not the right place for this, but I managed to squeeze in Endgame yesterday. If you'd like to take your mind off Dawkins and Schlabach and Zagoria and the rest of this sh*tshow for a few hours, I strongly recommend.

Bear down!