Fuck that dude
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by UAEebs86 »

What 49 said.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Suck my dick, Dick.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm
AzCatFan2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:42 pm What doesn't add up to me about the Rawle story is if it had legs, why wasn't Book indicted on charges and why no high school admin charged either? It's not like the FBI wasn't looking either. In addition to the basketball scandal, there was Operation Varsity Blues, with several college admission scandals, and dozens of arrests, including Lori Laughlin.

And I'm happy to let Kansas be the canary in the mine. If their tactic works, we can emulate. If not, we can pivot.
Also, didn't I read somewhere in the NOA that the UAs attorneys/investigators had interviewed Book? And that the NCAA was miffed because the UA didn't share that info? If Book was deposed and said the was just talkin' shit about the 40k on that tape, I would think that would blow a big part of the NOA charges out of the water.
So what has them pissed is we would not share our internal investigation report with them and after Book was terminated they are holding it against us that Book would not meet with them. Both of those thing are kindering their investigation according to the NCAA.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Dickey V was not embarrassed for Louisville for stripper gate and in fact said how can a head coach know what this assistants are up too. He is a complete joke. Have you heard him say one word about Kansas when they have 5 level 1's and 9 aggravators? He wont because ESPN has contract deals with that league and it would diminish the value of those deals. The PAC has no agreement with ESPN accept they get to chose a handful of games a year to televise. He better never come to Tucson and ESPN better be careful because they would be boo'd out the f'n door.
What he should have said is I'm embarrassed we wrote an entirely bogus article concerning coach Miller paying Ayton to come to Arizona and destroyed a coaching career on faulty information. FU Vital.
Last edited by TheCat on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Doubling down
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Jefe wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 pm Doubling down
Vitale won't answer a straight forward question and constantly points the finger elsewhere. He'll carry water for other Blue Bloods all day long.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Am I reading right? Did he say condoning Miller is sickening?

But the coach who oversaw players getting prostitutes, ejaculated down his leg after 15 seconds of an extramarital affair on a restaurant table and was fired over the FBI conclusions is...not the question at hand?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

No that coach is a phone call away from greatness. He is an idiot who's carrying ESPN's water.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Jahvon Quinerly 19 points for Alabama in SEC title game. Up yours Schlabach!
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Saw that and he played well.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 pm
Am I reading right? Did he say condoning Miller is sickening?

But the coach who oversaw players getting prostitutes, ejaculated down his leg after 15 seconds of an extramarital affair on a restaurant table and was fired over the FBI conclusions is...not the question at hand?
Well that coach happened to win the MAAC conference tourney title with Iona today. Couple that with an automatic NCAA tournament bid. Congrats to Pitino and Iona on a job well done. Love him or hate him, Pitino gets results. As for Vitale, I think he just wanted more transparency (as did I) so I really don't blame him for feeling the way he does. Withholding information just makes you look guilty. People can say Vitale and ESPN and Schlabach have ruined Millers reputation all they want. Respectfully, I think Miller's done a pretty good job of doing that on his own.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Not quite as good as an ex-Arizona player coach GT to the ACC title.

What Miller is accused of is not controlling his assistants the same as Pitino in stripper gate where ESPN slobbered on his knob. He was accused of paying Bowden $100k at Louisville and that is why he is coaching Iona.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

What the ESPN attack cost us: SEC Tournament Most Valuable Player, Jahvon Quinerly
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

TheCat wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:01 pm What the ESPN attack cost us: SEC Tournament Most Valuable Player, Jahvon Quinerly
The way our roster changes tho I bet he would've been ran off after he was a freshman or sophomore, possibly for Mannion. We're always dumping guys to get more freshmen.
I said what I said and I mean it.
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

Miller took the rap for Pitino in the public image thanks to ESPN.

It was Pitino, Bowen, 100k, Adidas and Louisville. And ESPN reported it was Miller, Ayton, 100k, Adidas and Arizona.

As if Adidas would pay Ayton 100k to go to a Nike school. That's the fist sign it was incorrect reporting.

If Miller could get Adidas to pay players to go to Nike schools he should be applauded for that level of salesmanship, not punished. Lol.

I hope if Arizona ends it's "marriage" with Miller (seriously, what the f is with the way they report on us? Who calls a contract a marriage except when reporting on Arizona), I hope like hell we get Pitino and he cheats so fucking blatantly, and ESPN sucks his dick every step of the way and anoints us the Duke of the west and we can do no wrong while Pitino is hiring strippers from ASU with Adidas money to get LeBron to reclassify as a college player for Arizona (he never used his college eligibility, it could happen...).
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Has Miller been arrested yet?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am Has Miller been arrested yet?
Last night, in Dick Vitale's dreams.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

zonagrad wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:09 pm
Vitale won't answer a straight forward question and constantly points the finger elsewhere. He'll carry water for other Blue Bloods all day long.
We are questioning fairness in reporting not what violations another team might have but that bald headed blind senile man can't figure it out. FU Dukie V.
Kryptocat

Post by Kryptocat »

He absolutely understands the question. I'm not giving him the senile card. He's using the politician method of avoiding the question by deflection.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Kryptocat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:45 pm He absolutely understands the question. I'm not giving him the senile card. He's using the politician method of avoiding the question by deflection.
He does that because he can't give a real answer.

So far, Schlabach had to amend his original story 4 times and even after all that, the timeline of the statement he says Miller made does not correspond with the time the FBI had a wire up.

None of the evidence at either FBI trial corroborated Schlabach's story. None of the NCAA NOA corroborates Schlabach's story.

Vitale can't deal with any of that honestly, so he's just avoiding it. This is opposed to KU, where evidence was admitted at trial of Self texting the guy who was paying DeSousa. But Dick can't acknowledge that either, so he avoids it too.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Since when does any credible journalist make side agreements with the team they are broadcasting for information from the coach. What's even worse is he lied. ESPN needs to boot his ass now.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 pm
In fairness to Dickie V, I'm not 100% he remembers much on a day to day basis except his love for Duke, K, Pitino, Self and the same 8 catchphrases he's been rotating since 1986.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:30 pm Since when does any credible journalist make side agreements with the team they are broadcasting for information from the coach. What's even worse is he lied. ESPN needs to boot his ass now.
I would imagine it’s quite common.
I was watching a game the other day and the announcers mentioned how different it was because they hadn’t been able to do face to face meetings with coaches before games.
There were zoom meetings but it was multiple media members so there wasn’t the one on one situation.

But I’m sure certain coaches tell Dukie that things are off limits and he abides.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Postmaster wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:17 pm
TheCat wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:30 pm Since when does any credible journalist make side agreements with the team they are broadcasting for information from the coach. What's even worse is he lied. ESPN needs to boot his ass now.
I was watching a game the other day and the announcers mentioned how different it was because they hadn’t been able to do face to face meetings with coaches before games.
There were zoom meetings but it was multiple media members so there wasn’t the one on one situation.

But I’m sure certain coaches tell Dukie that things are off limits and he abides.
That's nice,

Maybe CSM could just call up dickie V and let him know before he tweets his next asinine comment and let him know what is off limits and then he'd be good!

I didn't realize it was so easy.

Maybe I'll just call him myself and see if he could grant CSM some professional courtesy.

Anyone have his number?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 am

That's nice,

Maybe CSM could just call up dickie V and let him know before he tweets his next asinine comment and let him know what is off limits and then he'd be good!

Maybe I'll just call him myself and see if he could grant CSM some professional courtesy.

Anyone have his number?
1-800-ISuckBaby!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Information?
Yes, I’d like the number for Coach K’s basement.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 am

That's nice,

Anyone have his number?
Phone Numbers
(941) 907-9797 - Landline
(860) 766-2000 - Landline
(941) 766-2000 - Landline
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

I'm kind of upset that we "self enforced" a post-season ban. It might not even count, there's no reason the NCAA or the IAR or whatever they call themselves will even care. And it means we don't get to be part of the pac-12 kicking everyone's butts in the tournament. On the other hand, we don't have to hear about us not belonging there, or how we shouldn't even be playing, especially if we were winning. I imagine if we had beat Kansas by 30 the media would be calling for blood. So maybe it's best to just lay low. But it still sucks - especially if it doesn't even count as punishment.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azpatnca wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:32 pm I'm kind of upset that we "self enforced" a post-season ban. It might not even count, there's no reason the NCAA or the IAR or whatever they call themselves will even care. And it means we don't get to be part of the pac-12 kicking everyone's butts in the tournament. On the other hand, we don't have to hear about us not belonging there, or how we shouldn't even be playing, especially if we were winning. I imagine if we had beat Kansas by 30 the media would be calling for blood. So maybe it's best to just lay low. But it still sucks - especially if it doesn't even count as punishment.
It'll count. The NCAA has never not recognized a self ban.

It would be nice to be in the tourney, but I think this was a necessity. We had to do it at some point after receipt of the NOA, and it's better to get it over with asap for long term development.

If Robbins doesn't blow it on extending Miller, we should be back to perennial tourney appearances into the indefinite future. Not to be a broken record, but extend Miller with minimal buyout, bring back Archie, get Eason and go get a top 4 seed next year.

It isn't complicated.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:45 pm
azpatnca wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:32 pm I'm kind of upset that we "self enforced" a post-season ban. It might not even count, there's no reason the NCAA or the IAR or whatever they call themselves will even care. And it means we don't get to be part of the pac-12 kicking everyone's butts in the tournament. On the other hand, we don't have to hear about us not belonging there, or how we shouldn't even be playing, especially if we were winning. I imagine if we had beat Kansas by 30 the media would be calling for blood. So maybe it's best to just lay low. But it still sucks - especially if it doesn't even count as punishment.
It'll count. The NCAA has never not recognized a self ban.

It would be nice to be in the tourney, but I think this was a necessity. We had to do it at some point after receipt of the NOA, and it's better to get it over with asap for long term development.

If Robbins doesn't blow it on extending Miller, we should be back to perennial tourney appearances into the indefinite future. Not to be a broken record, but extend Miller with minimal buyout, bring back Archie, get Eason and go get a top 4 seed next year.

It isn't complicated.
Highly doubt Archie comes back. I like the rest of it though.

Archie will have other opportunities this year as a head coach. I have heard Marquette wants him
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Can I just post this as proof of how "amateur" NCAA basketball is?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yah ... 59329.html

The 2019 men’s tournament, the NCAA said, generated $917.8 million in revenue, and $864.6 million in net income.

You've got to remember, it's morally wrong if any of that money goes to a 19 year old African American kid like Deandre Ayton. He should be an amateur, otherwise this might be a crass exercise in profiteering. All Ayton does is the actual product, and that money needs to go to poor (not financially) middle aged white guys who sell rights to watch him.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Quinerly would have been a nice player to have
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

You're not kidding. Best player on the floor for Ala.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Good People are Bill Raftery People.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Time for Miller to turn state's evidence.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

FUCK YOU BOOK!!!!!!
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

So when is our date with the high council?
ekat

Post by ekat »

azpatnca wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 pm So when is our date with the high council?
Probably a year or more from now. There are 4 teams ahead of us in the queue. Memphis first submitted their request on March 4, 2020, and it’s been crickets. In fairness, a global pandemic did break out then, but still, it’s been a year+.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It still amazes me the lack of understanding about the “scandal” and how we are painted as alone in the situation.

Now that we have a “nice” coach, it will be interesting to see how the narrative evolves.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
prh

Post by prh »

Admin has done a great job putting all of this on Sean, so seems likely we get the Bruce Pearl treatment from the national media now
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Don't forget.
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

Olsondogg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 am It still amazes me the lack of understanding about the “scandal” and how we are painted as alone in the situation.

Now that we have a “nice” coach, it will be interesting to see how the narrative evolves.
I'm clearly jaded, but when I hear Lloyd described as "the best recruiter in college basketball" I think, "oh great, I know what that means. While he was at Gonzaga he got away with whatever he did to recruit so well, but now that he's at Arizona..."

How sad is that? I'd like to go back to thinking people recruited by charming moms and impressing dads and being more honest and early than the next guy. But right now when I hear "good recruiter" I think FBI investigations.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Slap on the wrist!? I don't remember all the details on their AS compared to ours. Also, I don't know what was in their NOA.
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Big reason they got a slap on the wrist is because the assistant in question participated in the investigation and answered their questions. Book did not. They put in the usc stuff today that the assistant answering questions was a big factor why they got off easy
I said what I said and I mean it.
ekat

Post by ekat »

DrWildcat wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 am Slap on the wrist!? I don't remember all the details on their AS compared to ours. Also, I don't know what was in their NOA.
I’be never seen USC’s NOA released anywhere but Tony Bland was convicted of less than half the bribes as Book, and he didn’t have the additional transcript allegations. They mitigated down his Level 1.

Also, they did not go the IARP route. We won’t know what difference that makes till the IARP actually starts doing something.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... duct-rules
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I can’t wait to get off with a wrist slap too and know that we imploded Miller and his team, years after this, for no good reason.

I don’t get why we fought only to submit a few years down the line. Fire him after the Buffalo game, at least that makes sense. For fucks sake you coulda got Lloyd then and we’d be further along now.

Smh.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

NCAA probably dumbed it down because the IARP won’t be as harsh/heavy handed as they typically are. They are probably protecting their image/future control/association with member schools
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion