Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by PHXCATS »

Kansas fans are dumb as shit

Are we sure we want to play those fucks more often?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:50 am Weren’t there actual text transcripts from Bill to one of the show guys asking for more money for players? Or did I remember that wrong?
You’re not wrong.
YoDeFoe wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:50 pm I'm honestly not sure that people are aware of the evidence here.

NC State has text messages showing their coach and assistant coaches directing payments and benefits to recruit Dennis Smith Jr.

Kansas has Bill Self and his assistant Kurtis Townsend coordinating recruiting with Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola, and connecting Gassnola's ability to deliver recruits with Kansas's contract with Adidas :!: . They put Adidas into contact with the guardian of Silvio De Sousa and signed an extension with Adidas once they received De Sousa's commitment. KU found wire transfer payments between Gassnola and recruit Billy Preston's mom in Oct '18 and the FBI found texts where Gassnola and the Preston family coordinated testimony to lie to investigators.
There’s even a text where Gassnola apologizes for not being able to get Ayton to go to Kansas.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:10 pm Kansas fans are dumb as shit.
I didn't know you were a Kansas fan.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:23 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:10 pm Kansas fans are dumb as shit.
I didn't know you were a Kansas fan.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Story in the AP about the Black assistant coaches caught up in the FBI/NCAA investigations
Richardson admits to using some of the money for a trip to Spain with his now ex-wife, Erin. But most of it, he said, was to pay for a high school recruit and his family to travel to Tucson to watch “Midnight Madness,” the celebration that marks opening night of practice in college basketball. The player had already committed to Arizona.

“It wasn’t like I was buying a player,” Richardson said. “My whole point was, when you made me out to be a monster, hell, I’m trying to get him back on campus. So, all I’m saying is, ‘Let’s use some common sense. I know everything I do might not be traditional, but c’mon.’”

Code ended up in jail because his boss at Adidas directed him to funnel $25,000 to the family of a Black player who would go on to sign with Louisville, which has an endorsement deal with the shoe company. The payment made the player ineligible under NCAA rules. Code’s crime was that he defrauded Louisville of the scholarship it wasted on the player by providing the money that made him ineligible.

“Let’s talk about the truth and what really happened,” Code said. “Who authorized this? How can I defraud a university that has a $160 million relationship with a company I work for?”

Black coaches were 'low-hanging fruit' in FBI college hoops case that wrecked careers, then fizzled

https://apnews.com/article/march-madnes ... a6c3fa6a57
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

It's kind of an aside from what the investigation found and what was alleged, but I do think Miller was complicit in paying players and he lied about it. AND I do not think U of A or Miller was in any way unique in that scenario.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion