ESPN is a biased, pseudo-journalistic mouthpiece for Duke

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: ESPN can eat a big fat ****

Post by Alieberman »

No other media outlet is siding with ESPN right now

And Fran Frashilla is the 1st ESPN guy I've seen to say Miller should be given the benefit of the doubt
prh

Post by prh »

Alieberman wrote:No other media outlet is siding with ESPN right now

And Fran Frashilla is the 1st ESPN guy I've seen to say Miller should be given the benefit of the doubt
AKA Frischilla is the first to realize his career is more important than his current company. Although Tony Kornheiser has been pretty good, but that's the only other "ok" person I've seen.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

prh wrote:Jim Rome leading with Miller and going hard at ESPN. My favorite media guy.
Will there be a link to the recording later?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

prh wrote:

AKA Frischilla is the first to realize his career is more important than his current company. Although Tony Kornheiser has been pretty good, but that's the only other "ok" person I've seen.
Kornheiser compared Miller to Ryan Braun... saying Brawn sounded awfully convincing screaming his innocence just like Miller but then Braun was proven a liar...
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:
prh wrote:Jim Rome leading with Miller and going hard at ESPN. My favorite media guy.
I'm not sure. I would imagine that you can listen to the show afterwards but I can't seem to find that online. I watch it on CBS Sports Net (they moved to a simulcast at the beginning of the year), and have it recorded, so I could probably do a transcript if there's no way to listen.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Other outlets are starting to shift the perception that ESPN wants to maintain...

"Amidst corrections at espn Sean Miller is winning the narrative"
Miller should win the narrative. That is a huge allegation to have tons of inaccuracies and minimal backing.

ESPN clearly didn't do a FOIA request for the actual wire pre-publication, and that alone shouod tell you how much rushed sensationalism was going on.
prh

Post by prh »

Alieberman wrote:
prh wrote:

Kornheiser compared Miller to Ryan Braun... saying Brawn sounded awfully convincing screaming his innocence just like Miller but then Braun was proven a liar...
He did, but at least he ends with "I just don't know" which is better than every other ESPN person. I think the comparison is fair, but ultimately not accurate.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

So many former-ESPN employees have been chompin at the bit to take down the evil empire.
prh

Post by prh »

rgdeuce wrote:
So many former-ESPN employees have been chompin at the bit to take down the evil empire.
It helps that at some point, ESPN treats most of them like shit
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
prh wrote:

He did, but at least he ends with "I just don't know" which is better than every other ESPN person. I think the comparison is fair, but ultimately not accurate.
Kornheiser's one of the rare ESPN talking heads that had a long, credible career before ESPN. I agree that the more someone has a non-ESPN career, the less likely they are to fall into the party line. Kornheiser also did legit journalism outside his PTI gig, so he's less likely to hop in defending the "journalism" Schlabach did.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Meanwhile...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22624215" target="_blank

Now Stephen A is very fair here, Max Kellerman on the other hand....I can't find the video for that, but yeah he went full retard.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He didn't take 5 days - he said he will be vindicated the next day.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Could go in the Hansen thread too
-JB
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

I imagine ESPN couldn't wait to get the story out that Williams decommitted.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Titus is GREAT. I know they aren't espn, but I always laugh and they are huge fans of Miller now and are hoping we win the natty!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TheBuffet

Post by TheBuffet »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Just saw a video of Kerr saying he’s disappointed in Arizona dated right after the first shoddy hit job by ESPN. At first I was pissed and disappointed but upon further reflection I can kind of understand because he believed ESPN had better journalistic standards....Even my best buddy and I (as many on this board) were devastated by that salacious hit piece.

NOW, we know what we should have already....although ESPN can hurt us badly by bad PR, it’s really depressing to see how true Journalistic Integrity is DEAD in the US. Regardless of your political views, if you are honest with yourself and EDUCATED, you can easily see this.

These for profit news organizations don’t seem to care if something is 100% accurate or not. In the age of Social Media, Rush to Judgment, and the ADD of us all due to information overload, there is no serious repercussions of being wrong....you can just gradually backtrack and / or repeat an untruth until it becomes true and / or people move on to the next thing and forget.....never mind the damage they’ve left in their wake.

Are there any lawyers on board here who know enough about US Libel Law to give their educated opinions on this topic? My layman’s knowledge is that our laws are pretty weak at the moment and if this piece turned out to be incorrect, not much could be done by CSM and Arizona to get material payback for all the damage done by such obvious shoddy ESPN reporters.

BTFD.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol:
mofo

Post by mofo »

Thank god ESPN is the only mainstream national news station that pumps out unsubstantiated or false reports, or has an agenda.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

mofo wrote:Thank god ESPN is the only mainstream national news station that pumps out unsubstantiated or false reports, or has an agenda.
Absolutely it isn’t but this thread is based on ESPN correct? I think the vast majority of news sites have serious issues these days in their rush to publish and get that ad revenue and/or push their agendas....but again this thread is about ESPN correct?

Wow, I would think as Arizona fans we could circle the wagon about this ESPN hit piece without real Arizona fans trying to be divisive. Smh.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Pretty sure I won’t last the weekend. In the last 7 days I’ve been 12-houred 3x and now I’m on a 24-hour timeout.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
mofo wrote:Thank god ESPN is the only mainstream national news station that pumps out unsubstantiated or false reports, or has an agenda.
Absolutely it isn’t but this thread is based on ESPN correct? I think the vast majority of news sites have serious issues these days in their rush to publish and get that ad revenue and/or push their agendas....but again this thread is about ESPN correct?

Wow, I would think as Arizona fans we could circle the wagon about this ESPN hit piece without real Arizona fans trying to be divisive. Smh.
I get that just making a general statement because it’s a lot different when you’re on the receiving end. Hard to trust anything anymore was my point. Except maybe 97.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Asshats supporting Dickinmouth on Reddit...support our guy...downvote the idiots upvote the team...

Reddit thread about Dick Vitale being right
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

After a week of some awful lows and some pumped up, F you ESPN highs, it's nice to just not be so up tight for a day. But, damn anyone else still seething? I'm still beyond pissed BSPN is going to get away with this shit and just playing it off like nothing. Shifting narratives...oh well, lets go back to book, and we'll see when tapes release. They single handedly put a hit on Miller, ayton, and the university - as well as all the supporters/alumni/etc.

I'm f'ing pissed off and tbh will bash espn to every single person I talk with about sports...prob for years, shit decades. It's just mind boggling they can throw shit on the wall that has this big of repercussions and walk away. F Jay f'ing Bilasss, f Dicky V, F bill Walton, F j will, f some of those around the horn fucks like ugly ass Ramona shelbitch, platschke, or anyone else who downplayed the reporting and acted like that was a legit story, and "more to come about miller." Oh and f dan dakich, and also F Seth greenberg. F all of em' - spineless, east coast dick suckin' bitches, seriously.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:He didn't take 5 days - he said he will be vindicated the next day.
This is what is pissing me off the most. Jay Bilas doubles down on this and so did Stephen a smith

He didn’t take five days

Also in the case of guys like Barry bonds or Ryan Braun, those guys didn’t think evidence would ever get out.

Sean Miller knows that there are tapes so does our President. Miller knows lying now is dumb. Bill Clinton didn’t think that dress would come out and it would simply be a case of his word bs hers.

Miller knows if he is lying, he will be beyond fucked because the FBI is involved. So does our president

You think our president his first year into this job is going to risk his career over Sean Miller.

No he wouldn’t so it’s absolutely clear Miller was completely truthful on his statement.

The truth is more then likely to come out here
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
http://jimrome.com/audio/jim-romes-daily-jungle" target="_blank

Here is his daily podcast which starts with his take on Miller. Basically says he'd be an idiot to be lying about what's on that wiretap since it will probably come out eventually. Also mentions how many times ESPN has corrected the story, saying something doesn't add up.

I listened to the Sklar Brothers the other day, and they are still buying the original ESPN story hook, line, and sinker. They said we should be kicked out of the tournament. They want the players to get paid (fine), but they whined about how unfair it is that programs like Arizona get players like Ayton. Fuck those guys - they went to Michigan - guess they forgot about the Fab Five.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Bill Simmons who left ESPN on terrible terms has a whole podcast this week on the Sean Miller Vs ESPN dynamic. So far I am only ten minutes in but he wastes no time entirely siding with Arizona, making parallels to deflate gate.

https://www.theringer.com/bill-simmons/ ... pn-combine" target="_blank
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

At some point in a few years fESPN will want to do a Gameday from McKale. To which we can ever so politely say...

“Sure! Right after you stick Vitale’s big dumb fucking head up your own fucking ass and make him apologize from the north end of your own fucking colon. Until then, Vaya con Dios fucksticks!”
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ESPN is the McDonald’s of sports media. More customers eat their crap than you want to think about, but pink slime.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I want one.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Chicat wrote:At some point in a few years fESPN will want to do a Gameday from McKale. To which we can ever so politely say...

“Sure! Right after you stick Vitale’s big dumb fucking head up your own fucking ass and make him apologize from the north end of your own fucking colon. Until then, Vaya con Dios fucksticks!”
And then we'll tell them how we really feel.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F U to the Eat Shit Prick Network
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

IrishAZCat has six posts and all have been masterpieces.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Lol the check your sources chant while they talked about Miller. I am surprised most national people gloss over how Miller admits he talked to Dawkins about another player who went some place else. It was a clean presser, deny the report, admit something did take place but it didn't happen and was shutdown since miller wouldnt pay; their source is wrong because they probably confused the issue. It's almost like they picked and chose words to fit their narrative, they wouldnt do that now would they....

They really want to bring his career to an end and it's mind boggling. Have they forgotten other schools are in the report....
Last edited by Gilbertcat on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Chicat wrote:IrishAZCat has six posts and all have been masterpieces.
Thanks! There will more in the future... Also I'm trying to work on a hard rock/heavy metal version of Bear Down Arizona, but that is going to awhile....
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

IrishAzCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:IrishAZCat has six posts and all have been masterpieces.
Thanks! There will more in the future... Also I'm trying to work on a hard rock/heavy metal version of Bear Down Arizona, but that is going to awhile....

Keep 'em coming IrishAZCat - they are awesome.

We used to have a guy here named Katzenfreund who was awesome at Photoshop, but he got mad and left. Nice to see you taking the baton and running with it.
-JB
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Oh my god

I don’t hate duke now

https://twitter.com/uofalec/status/9699 ... 47137?s=21" target="_blank

Check your sources!!!!!
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Newportcat wrote:Oh my god

I don’t hate duke now

Check your sources!!!!!
I found this amazing and my self cheering on Duke fans... first board enemies getting beers together now Wildcat fans and Duke fans hating on espn? What is happening to the world?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Lando05 wrote:

I don’t hate duke now

Check your sources!!!!!
I found this amazing and my self cheering on Duke fans... first board enemies getting beers together now Wildcat fans and Duke fans hating on espn? What is happening to the world?

-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I don’t hate duke now

Check your sources!!!!!
never thought I'd be typing this, but .... well done duke student section.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Lando05 wrote:

I don’t hate duke now

Check your sources!!!!!

One of my all time favorite movies. "Good housekeeping"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Deleted the BSPN app and downloaded Yahoo sports.

Worlds better interface and I don’t have to support a bunch of lying fucks.

Win-Win
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:Deleted the BSPN app and downloaded Yahoo sports.

Worlds better interface and I don’t have to support a bunch of lying fucks.

Win-Win
I switched my browser favorite to CBS. I like its conference switcher on the scores page and its main page feels better than Fox. I like Fox’s app better, especially since you can order favorite teams/leagues. Should I try Yahoo? I’d like to use the same company for desktop and mobile but don’t have to.

I also haven’t watched ESPN except to see what they say about us. Nothing yesterday though. My girlfriend thinks I’m crazy. I think I’m good fan material.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haven’t used any other apps outside of Yahoo and the Fuckstick Sports Network so I have no means of comparison but would love to hear your experience.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I use Yahoo because it allows me to choose my favorites. Also have NBCsports and Fox in case I need to chromecast games when I am out of town.

I also just deleted BSPN.

BTW, I fly out of Hartford all of the time and there are usually a lot of ESPN employees (what's left of them) on the flight. I would hate to be one of them if by chance they happen to sit next to me...you might see me on youtube. Lol.
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:Haven’t used any other apps outside of Yahoo and the Fuckstick Sports Network so I have no means of comparison but would love to hear your experience.
I've checked out a ton of apps in the last 18 months since I started working at a sports company, but I've always gone back to ESPN. Not this time though. I think I'm gonna put together A Comprehensive Guide to Ditching ESPN
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:Haven’t used any other apps outside of Yahoo and the Fuckstick Sports Network so I have no means of comparison but would love to hear your experience.
I've checked out a ton of apps in the last 18 months since I started working at a sports company, but I've always gone back to ESPN. Not this time though. I think I'm gonna put together A Comprehensive Guide to Ditching ESPN
prh, that avatar is amazing. Perfect choice for this season.
prh

Post by prh »

Beachcat97 wrote:
prh wrote:
prh, that avatar is amazing. Perfect choice for this season.
thanks man! only took me like 8 years hanging around to find a good one lol
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

IMG_1677.JPG

How do I post a pic?