Thank You Sean Miller - Now Stay

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

MountainCat

Thank You Sean Miller - Now Stay

Post by MountainCat »

Ignore all the casual fans that are griping tonight. Your just fine. The whole program has been through the ringer this year so much that most others would already be gone, but not you. You stood up for us and we will stand up for you. We are Arizona.

Recruiting may get tough for a while but it will improve in time and once again be dominant. Take some time off and get some rest for Arizona will stand strong when you get back.

Anyone that disagrees can bite me.

Peace.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
catgrad97

Re: Thank You Sean Miller - Now Stay

Post by catgrad97 »

Miller shouldn't go anywhere. Every true Cat fan should want him in Tucson forever.

He just needs to have the character to overhaul his system, like Lute did.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

catgrad97 wrote:Miller shouldn't go anywhere. Every true Cat fan should want him in Tucson forever.

He just needs to have the character to overhaul his system, like Lute did.
Agree with this sentiment... if I set aside the disappointment and embarrassment of tonight's loss, I think it is more of a tweak than an overhaul - but for a team that had a history of being tough as nails in the tourney up until 3 years ago - we sure have done a 180 the last 3 years.

That said, I am not going to judge him exclusively by his most disappointing moment.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think he has already started beating the bushes for the best transfers,foriegn player and will get at least a couple of good kids that fit his system. Sean's the guy that can fix this and I'm all in.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Im indifferent. Id like him to stay but if he does he absolutely needs to change the way he recruits. Back to the basics. Leaders who play hard. Less 5*s more 3-4s who want to leave it all on the court.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

MountainCat wrote:Ignore all the casual fans that are griping tonight. Your just fine. The whole program has been through the ringer this year so much that most others would already be gone, but not you. You stood up for us and we will stand up for you. We are Arizona.

Recruiting may get tough for a while but it will improve in time and once again be dominant. Take some time off and get some rest for Arizona will stand strong when you get back.

Peace.
Preach, brother. Bear Down.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MountainCat wrote:Ignore all the casual fans that are griping tonight. Your just fine. The whole program has been through the ringer this year so much that most others would already be gone, but not you. You stood up for us and we will stand up for you. We are Arizona.

Peace.
The people that disagree with you are the most dedicated and passionate fans out there.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

I’m torn. If I thought Sean had an interest for in the weeds, old school recruits and coaching, I’d be all in, but his recent behavior leads be to believe that’s not him anymore. I’d happily have him prove me wrong. I guess the ball is in his court. I don’t think UofA can swallow another buyout/lawsuit. Whatever his decision, I’ll always have respect for him. We’ll see what tomorrow brings...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Love Miller, but I think this is the time when everyone parts ways and we try something new. It was a nice run and I appreciate everything he did for us. My opinion.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Love Miller, but I think this is the time when everyone parts ways and we try something new. It was a nice run and I appreciate everything he did for us. My opinion.
We need not try something new. Just appreciate what we have.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

We don't need an overhaul. We need some tweaking. And judging by the highlights of point guard Brandon Williams, Miller had (has) the right idea.

We just won the Pac 12 regular season and conference tourney. As much of a shitshow it was for the Pac 12, I still think it was a solid conference with a ton of parity. Just not a lot of great teams. Also, some unfortunate injuries derailed some seasons in December and that's hard to recover from with the NCAA's selection system. USC & Stanford were handicapped because of injuries to key players. Oregon lost their entire Final Four roster, save Pritchard. 3 guys left early. UCLA lost Lonzo. We lost Markannen, Simmons and Comanche.

I just want to go through a season without any drama. But this is Arizona and probably too much to ask. Even minor stuff like the Akot injury really played a factor this season and stunted our team's growth and development. If he's healthy and develops, maybe Miller has more leverage with Trier. And Alkins was a shell of the player he was last season because of his injury.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Here is the bottom line:

WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed. He couldn't do it with the best college basketball talent in over 25 years, one of the most efficient guards in recent memory, a borderline NBA talent with a beasts body, and another 7 footer who had some of the best low post moves and touch combo you will see, and could step out and hit from 18+. He couldnt win one game, and his offense rarely utilized Beast Ayton like they should have been. He was a mere afterthought in much of tonight's loss, just like:

He couldnt do it last year with Lauri, another once in a lifetime type players. Again an afterthought in the elimination game. Had Trier, had Rawle (jacked up finger), had Ristic, had Kobi (who seems to be doing fine these days), had Kadeem (who also seems to be doing well).. Sweet 16 and WE LOST TO A MID MAJOR.

Year before that, WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed. Couldnt win one game with a veteran double double machine grad transfer, two talented guys who stuck around four years in York and Zeus, and Kadeem.

Before that we couldnt get it done with some more of the most loaded Arizona teams we had ever seen.

Thats not getting it done. Not doing it with Ayton, regardless of the side chatter w the investigation, is not getting it done. No final fours. The fans are rightfully tired of going through the ringer. We have the best fans in the country and every year we put our hearts and souls into this, only to be overcome by the feeling to slit our wrists in March. In best interest for everyone to go their different ways.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'm at the point where i think the relationship is just a toxic one. Bad decision after bad decision has caught up to Miller and in turn the program. For the health of both it makes sense to split.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

rgdeuce wrote:Here is the bottom line:

WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed. He couldn't do it with the best college basketball talent in over 25 years, one of the most efficient guards in recent memory, a borderline NBA talent with a beasts body, and another 7 footer who had some of the best low post moves and touch combo you will see, and could step out and hit from 18+. He couldnt win one game, and his offense rarely utilized Beast Ayton like they should have been. He was a mere afterthought in much of tonight's loss, just like:

He couldnt do it last year with Lauri, another once in a lifetime type players. Again an afterthought in the elimination game. Had Trier, had Rawle (jacked up finger), had Ristic, had Kobi (who seems to be doing fine these days), had Kadeem (who also seems to be doing well).. Sweet 16 and WE LOST TO A MID MAJOR.

Year before that, WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed. Couldnt win one game with a veteran double double machine grad transfer, two talented guys who stuck around four years in York and Zeus, and Kadeem.

Before that we couldnt get it done with some more of the most loaded Arizona teams we had ever seen.

Thats not getting it done. Not doing it with Ayton, regardless of the side chatter w the investigation, is not getting it done. No final fours. The fans are rightfully tired of going through the ringer. We have the best fans in the country and every year we put our hearts and souls into this, only to be overcome by the feeling to slit our wrists in March. In best interest for everyone to go their different ways.
Tough to disagree with any of this

Especially the Ayton part. When he is dominating the nba we will look back and say “how did we lose with him to buffalo by 20”
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

rgdeuce wrote:

WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed.
Guess we should have fired Lute for all those embarassments too. You have your ego wrapped to tightly to this team. I'm sure they didn't mean to embarrass you. We got beat by a better team.

If you could not see that both Rawle and Zo have not been the same in 4-6 games you are blind. Against SC Rawle sunk up the place until the "DUNK". Zo was passive and not driving at all. Somewhere Rawle devolped a floater that was the worst I have ever seen. Not sure why....love the guys passion but he clearly was not the same after the injury.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

TheCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

WE LOST TO A MIDMAJOR. Embarrassed.
Guess we should have fired Lute for all those embarassments too. You have your ego wrapped to tightly to this team. I'm sure they didn't mean to embarrass you. We got beat by a better team.

If you could not see that both Rawle and Zo have not been the same in 4-6 games you are blind. Against SC Rawle sunk up the place until the "DUNK". Zo was passive and not driving at all. Somewhere Rawle devolped a floater that was the worst I have ever seen. Not sure why....love the guys passion but he clearly was not the same after the injury.
Get bent dickhead. Lute had final fours and the program is held in a much higher light today than it was in the early 90s. Also, since you're low functioning, I was not personally embarrassed. It's an expression (eg the Rockets got embarrassed at home). Skipped the rest.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Peace.
The people that disagree with you are the most dedicated and passionate fans out there.
That's what I always thought.

(A lot of things have changed. IMO, Arizona is more a lifeline for our current coach--now-- than a dream job.)