2018-2019 Arizona Basketball

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

Re: 2018-2019 Arizona Basketball

Post by 97cats »

if Randolph goes pro he really is a Ding Dong - people are saying and hinting at such but he’s just not going to have the stock at the end of the day this year, he is the perfect case of that extra year making all the difference between the ears and in the legs.

the goal is to stay there, not just get there - big, big mistake if he does.

the roster to begin next year should be:

Mannion
Williams
Randolph
Lee
Jeter

Green
Nnaji
Armstrong
Doutrive
Akot

up in the air:

Barcello
Smith
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:if Randolph goes pro he really is a Ding Dong - people are saying and hinting at such but he’s just not going to have the stock at the end of the day this year, he is the perfect case of that extra year making all the difference between the ears and in the legs.

Mannion
Williams
Randolph
Lee
Jeter

Green
Nnaji
Armstrong
Doutrive
Akot

up in the air:

Barcello
Smith
To be honest, I'd be shocked if Smith returned and surprised if Barcello did. I don't know why Smith would stay with a roster composition like we'll have for his senior year. I would leave if I were in his shoes.

Barcello, I just don't know what his aspirations are or if he'd wait for some of the logjam to clear as a senior.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And Jeter should stay as well. While he's not a ding dong and he's got great footwork down on the low block he needs to improve his stock unless he would rather play overseas.

Needs to work on improving his strength and developing a mid-range shot.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote:And Jeter should stay as well. While he's not a ding dong and he's got great footwork down on the low block he needs to improve his stock unless he would rather play overseas.

But I think he's still a longshot to make it to the NBA even after another year of college ball. If Jeter thinks this too- then I'm guessing he will be gone.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Alieberman wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:And Jeter should stay as well. While he's not a ding dong and he's got great footwork down on the low block he needs to improve his stock unless he would rather play overseas.

But I think he's still a longshot to make it to the NBA even after another year of college ball. If Jeter thinks this too- then I'm guessing he will be gone.
Not sure what he's thinking. From what I hear his parents/Dad have a lot of influence so maybe there is no rush to get to the next level.

If he stays I think he will excel even more as he will have such a strong supporting cast he won't have to feel as much pressure as he does this year. That maybe the reason he gets in foul trouble almost every game this year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:

He can improve his overseas stock with another year here. There's no rookie scale overseas, so the better they think he is, the more he gets paid right off the bat.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I was surprised to see Alex on roster for 2nd semester, figuring it would be a good time to transfer. But he also isn't one to leave a team in any danger...

Consider in the rankings systems/star systems that they are most likely to miss on late risers/players who only really played elite camps/AAU ball one year.

Also, and this is relevant to our discussion here...players ratings can't and don't take into account family situations/personal situations that suddenly occur. Some players come through awful situations and basketball is a way out, and you can see how they are handling the situation in how they carry themselves through pressure situations. It might even be fuel.

But, occasionally, you have a player who has lived a life of relative comfort and security, with strong family and faith, and everything falls apart, right about the time he is leaving to go play basketball out of town. It's the kind of thing you can't put into a star system. Some players live through tragedy and get stronger. Some break. Some players have no expectation of family. Some put their entire belief system into what they thought was a fully functional family...and have a harder time when the shit hits the fan.

What I am saying is there are, sometimes, external factors that impact a player's development and confidence, a reason a coach may be more patient, etc. But, ultimately, we are in a "produce or leave" environment where our program strives to be, and it might be best for the player to move on. Or, if there is room, they stick around and become one of those upperclassmen you can insert for 5 to 10 minutes and get results, understanding there isn't going to be regular playing time. Each one of those decisions is intensely personal, and up to the player and the coach and the roster situation.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Good point EVcat.

And you also need a full roster to practice and have available in case of injuries.

Just because a player isn't producing and riding the pine doesn't necessarily mean he is itching to leave nor contributing in other ways to their team's success.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:

Mannion
Williams
Randolph
Lee
Jeter

Green
Nnaji
Armstrong
Doutrive
Akot

up in the air:

Barcello
Smith
Roy Williams, is that you? :D
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

I'm in full agreement with Choo...think Barcello, Akot, Smith, and Randolph will be gone next year. Frankly the only one that I would like to stay is Randolph, but a starting spot isn't likely for him. I think if those guys leave, we stick with a 9 man rotation - Williams, Mannion, Green, DD, Armstrong, Lee, Nnaji, Gettings, and Jeter. I think that group will be really good. A traditional transfer makes sense if that is the team, heck maybe even two since we would have the scholarships.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:I was surprised to see Alex on roster for 2nd semester, figuring it would be a good time to transfer. But he also isn't one to leave a team in any danger...
It also would mean sacrificing half a season next year if he transferred out at the winter semester. Better to spend the entire year with the team, see where you stand, and then transfer out without losing a half season of play.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

97cats wrote:if Randolph goes pro he really is a Ding Dong - people are saying and hinting at such but he’s just not going to have the stock at the end of the day this year, he is the perfect case of that extra year making all the difference between the ears and in the legs.

Mannion
Williams
Randolph
Lee
Jeter

Green
Nnaji
Armstrong
Doutrive
Akot

up in the air:

Barcello
Smith
Basically. I haven't seen a credible mock that has Brandon on it and he's not near the scorer Zo is to cling on to a team when he goes undrafted. I'd start him and Green but I know Miller won't so this ones up to Brandon unfortunately
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Mannion
Williams
Randolph
Lee
Jeter

Green
Nnaji
Armstrong
Doutrive
Akot

up in the air:

Barcello
Smith
That's a Final 4 caliber backcourt, with complimentary bigs, athleticism, and a deep bench. Can't wait for Nico to get to Tucson. Best PG since Mike Bibby, I'm calling it now. He's special.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

goslingswagg wrote:I'm in full agreement with Choo...think Barcello, Akot, Smith, and Randolph will be gone next year. Frankly the only one that I would like to stay is Randolph, but a starting spot isn't likely for him. I think if those guys leave, we stick with a 9 man rotation - Williams, Mannion, Green, DD, Armstrong, Lee, Nnaji, Gettings, and Jeter. I think that group will be really good. A traditional transfer makes sense if that is the team, heck maybe even two since we would have the scholarships.
Here’s the thing though- when has everyone from a freshman class actually all been ready to produce right away? It seems like every time we get a high class coming in we think they will all be ready to contribute right away but it never happens. Based on our past history, in this class 1 will be a superstar, 2 will be good but inconsistent their freshman year and 1 won’t be ready to play yet.

Upperclassmen will still be needed and valued
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Alieberman wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:I'm in full agreement with Choo...think Barcello, Akot, Smith, and Randolph will be gone next year. Frankly the only one that I would like to stay is Randolph, but a starting spot isn't likely for him. I think if those guys leave, we stick with a 9 man rotation - Williams, Mannion, Green, DD, Armstrong, Lee, Nnaji, Gettings, and Jeter. I think that group will be really good. A traditional transfer makes sense if that is the team, heck maybe even two since we would have the scholarships.
Here’s the thing though- when has everyone from a freshman class actually all been ready to produce right away? It seems like every time we get a high class coming in we think they will all be ready to contribute right away but it never happens. Based on our past history, in this class 1 will be a superstar, 2 will be good but inconsistent their freshman year and 1 won’t be ready to play yet.

It's a good point. I think it's likely that Armstrong isn't ready to play big year 1, and that's fine. I would be surprised if Green and Mannion weren't pretty damn good right away, but who knows. Zeke I think is more of a wildcard, and wouldn't be surprised if he struggles out of the gates. That being said, with Gettings, Jeter, and Lee likely in the rotation next year, we don't necessarily need him to be great right away.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:

That is a major reason I want Akot.

Nnaji, Gettings, Green, Armstrong and Nico are all unknowns. The vast likelihood is that not all are ready for prime time. Having solid vets who are offsets forcing someone not ready into the fire.

We fall in love with the guys who haven't put on an Arizona uni and pick apart the guys who have due to sample size. Then, the new guys play and we realize they have the flaws anyone does.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

Nnaji, Gettings, Green, Armstrong and Nico are all unknowns. The vast likelihood is that not all are ready for prime time. Having solid vets who are offsets forcing someone not ready into the fire.

We fall in love with the guys who haven't put on an Arizona uni and pick apart the guys who have due to sample size. Then, the new guys play and we realize they have the flaws anyone does.
This isn't a fan issue. Josh Green at this very moment is better than Emmanuel Akot and probably so is Stone Gettings and Zeke Nnaji. If the PT isn't there then what would you expect the guy to do with 2 years of eligibility left?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

This isn't a fan issue. Josh Green at this very moment is better than Emmanuel Akot and probably so is Stone Gettings and Zeke Nnaji. If the PT isn't there then what would you expect the guy to do with 2 years of eligibility left?
I agree on Green. I'm less sold on Gettings. Nnaji will have to handle minutes at the 5 even if he's primarily a 4, so I don't think his minutes impact Akot much, if at all.

I don't mean I wouldn't understand if Akot left, but that I feel he has a valuable role to play next year. Gettings, Nnaji and Armstrong are the guys I'm least confident in being automatic contributors next year, and they're also the 3 Akot could offset the easiest. Lee will help a lot with the post rotation, but he can't play on the wing. I'm also not certain Doutrive can beat out Akot.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

My take has always been that the idea of Akot is much better than the reality of Akot. The reality is, he's not a good player, hasn't really done anything well so far and we are halfway through his sophomore year...I just don't have confidence that he is suddenly going to improve into a rotation guy on a national championship contender. I don't see it. The skill he hangs his hat on, defense, is something that I don't even think he does particularly well. And his offense has been a disaster. Time to move on IMO. Would much rather have Green, Randolph, DD, and Armstrong (question makrs and all) playing mins at the 3 next year than him. And the 4 is already too crowded with Lee and Nnaji and Getings...just not seeing it with him.

My controversial take is that out of Barcello, Randolph, Smith, and Akot, the guy I would most prefer to have on next year's team is Dylan Smith.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Roy Williams, is that you? :D
:lol: lmmfao :lol:
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Stone sighting in the Bay Area, next to the twigs

Coleman practicing

97cats

Post by 97cats »

Main Event wrote:
Basically. I haven't seen a credible mock that has Brandon on it and he's not near the scorer Zo is to cling on to a team when he goes undrafted.

this is true and would seem to be common knowledge
Main Event wrote:I'd start him and Green

im fine with:

Mannion
Williams
Green
Randolph
Jeter

Lee
Nnaji
Grad Transfer
Akot

Main Event wrote:but I know Miller won't so this ones up to Brandon unfortunately
either way, if Williams is scared of a little comp from a freshman five star on a thin roster than hes even more of a scardy-cat Ding Dong than i imagined
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

I agree on Green. I'm less sold on Gettings. Nnaji will have to handle minutes at the 5 even if he's primarily a 4, so I don't think his minutes impact Akot much, if at all.

I don't mean I wouldn't understand if Akot left, but that I feel he has a valuable role to play next year. Gettings, Nnaji and Armstrong are the guys I'm least confident in being automatic contributors next year, and they're also the 3 Akot could offset the easiest. Lee will help a lot with the post rotation, but he can't play on the wing. I'm also not certain Doutrive can beat out Akot.
Nnaji's primary minutes will be at the 4, which affects Akot, also I fully expect Miller to add somebody else at the 5 spot for backup minutes. Either way I'd like Akot back too, I just don't see it as realistic. I'm not certain Akot is better than Doutrive at anything outside of defensive positional flexibility either.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

For Choo on Akot/Doutrive.

It's hard bc we have a miniscule sample size on DD. He's a more efficient 2 point shooter and better on the offensive glass. All other metrics tend to support Akot being better.

One thing I think gets underrated is Akot has been tasked with significantly tougher defensive matchups and produced betrer defensive metrics. Miller's regularly used Akot as a defense first matchup, like putting him on Tillman vs Utah when Tillman gave Luther problems. DD hasn't ever drawn a tough matchup on D and Akot is better in most metrics.

DD turns it over more, but I think he can improve there. His usage rate is 6 points higher than Akot, and that worries me as a rotation guy. DD has the usage rate of a starting level player as a low level rotation guy. Akot's usage is much better suited to his role, IMO.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I don’t know what a usage rate is, but to the naked eye Akot gets involved and makes stupid plays and turns good shots into bad shots through sheer incompetence. DD gets involved and makes positive contributions by diving on balls, offensive rebounding and dishing assists. He does make mistakes, but they look like the typical “playing too fast” freshman type of mistakes. Akot just simply looks uncoordinated and incompetent on the offensive end. I haven’t watched closely but Akot has not had anything near the defensive impact of an RHJ or even a Kadeem. Certainly nothing to justify his awfulness on the offensive end.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

I'm really hoping Miller doesn't add a grad transfer 5 unless Jeter surprisingly leaves. I think a post rotation of Jeter, Gettings, Nnaji, and Lee is perfectly fine. Jeter is probably strictly a 5, the rest can all play time at the 4 or 5. I see no need to add another big next year, unless it's a traditional transfer, which I think makes a lot of sense. Both Jeter and Gettings guaranteed to leave after next year, plus potentially Nnaji, makes our frontcourt need in the class of 2020 substantial.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:I don’t know what a usage rate is, but to the naked eye Akot gets involved and makes stupid plays and turns good shots into bad shots through sheer incompetence. DD gets involved and makes positive contributions by diving on balls, offensive rebounding and dishing assists. He does make mistakes, but they look like the typical “playing too fast” freshman type of mistakes. Akot just simply looks uncoordinated and incompetent on the offensive end. I haven’t watched closely but Akot has not had anything near the defensive impact of an RHJ or even a Kadeem. Certainly nothing to justify his awfulness on the offensive end.
Usage rate is:

USG% -- Usage Percentage; an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

DD's usage rate is very close to Jeter's, which is eyebrow raising for me. Their turnover rate is very close, but Akot's lower usage rate essentially means he spends most of his time off ball.

With a roster composition including guys like Nico, BWill, Green and (hopefully) Jeter, lower usage is a definite asset in my book. I'd want those 4 chewing up the majority of our usage next year. Your role players, especially perimeter guys, benefit from not using up a lot of plays.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

No chance I am giving up on Akot. He has the tools we need defensively. I have faith he can figure it out on the other end, but I have no idea who is developing or advising him, because they have done a terrible job.

However, if he doesnt want to work hard, see ya. He wont play.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:I don’t know what a usage rate is, but to the naked eye Akot gets involved and makes stupid plays and turns good shots into bad shots through sheer incompetence. DD gets involved and makes positive contributions by diving on balls, offensive rebounding and dishing assists. He does make mistakes, but they look like the typical “playing too fast” freshman type of mistakes. Akot just simply looks uncoordinated and incompetent on the offensive end. I haven’t watched closely but Akot has not had anything near the defensive impact of an RHJ or even a Kadeem. Certainly nothing to justify his awfulness on the offensive end.
For some guys, the game flows naturally and they know how and where to move on the floor. Other guys (Akot) are always a step out of position or they're not fluid and get caught in traffic and become turnover prone. It really comes down to a simple eye test. And Akot makes my eyes hurt sometimes.
sirhamsalot

Post by sirhamsalot »

I hope Akot is back. I don't think he is Kyryl or Chol bad, but he isn't following the Dusan or Solo path of constant improvement. He seems to have taken a step back this year, but he is wildly athletic. I've seen glimpses where he looks like he could be elite, but I think he is in his own head right now. He hesitates with nearly every play. If he just gets a little more aggressive and can finish a fast break, or drive and get to the basket and finish he will be a great asset to our team. Miller praised him as one of the best passers on the team, and he was supposed to be able to play 1-4. Not sure what happened, but I'm sure its fixable. Most of us wanted player development and experienced rosters over the constant turnover and one and dones. If Akot is back, I think we see him significantly more than Stone.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I don’t want him gone. There are only a few players I’ve said that about over the last 30 years. But his playing time simply must correspond to his performance. As people were calling for DD to play more based on what they perceived to be value in his time on the court, I’m calling for less time for Akot. Unfortunately that may have a negative impact on his development. But how is it helping him to have him constantly fail?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

One thing I notice about akot is that he moves well laterally and stays with his man, I don't notice much cause I was a swimmer and don't know crap about basketball, but he doesn't get beaten often, or should I say he is noticeably on his guy while trying to drive and frequently makes him pass or take a bad shot, doesn't foul. I don't see that with Doutrive. I might not know what I'm saying.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:One thing I notice about akot is that he moves well laterally and stays with his man, I don't notice much cause I was a swimmer and don't know crap about basketball, but he doesn't get beaten often, or should I say he is noticeably on his guy while trying to drive and frequently makes him pass or take a bad shot, doesn't foul. I don't see that with Doutrive. I might not know what I'm saying.
I think Akot is a better on ball defender than he is off ball. Off ball, he has some lapses and will get out of position now and then. Squared up one on one, I agree with your assessment.

Doutrive...it's tough to tell because he usually draws an easier matchup. His off ball D has improved, but isn't stellar. On ball, he doesn't give up a ton, but hasn't really been matched with someone who can test him.

For those who want Akot to play less time, I just don't know who's better. Luther is a liability vs a quicker 4 because he doesn't move well laterally. On the wing, Randolph has lapses but gives us volume scoring, which we currently need. Smith...I just don't get it with Smith. He's shooting 32% from the field and 27% from 3 and people worry about the time Akot gets?
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:I don’t know what a usage rate is,
I think usage rate is the % of plays you either shoot, get an assist, or turnover the ball while you are on the court. Drawing a shooting foul might be a part of it too, not sure.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Guys like Akot are players that fans want gone until the following year when they have actually transferred and then the injury bug hits us and those same fans comment that if only Akot wasn’t dumb enough to transfer...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:Guys like Akot are players that fans want gone until the following year when they have actually transferred and then the injury bug hits us and those same fans comment that if only Akot wasn’t dumb enough to transfer...
If Akot transfers, he'll be on ESPN looking like Juan Hernangomez meets Larry Bird.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Alieberman wrote:Guys like Akot are players that fans want gone until the following year when they have actually transferred and then the injury bug hits us and those same fans comment that if only Akot wasn’t dumb enough to transfer...
Hello Justin Simon!!! I would love him to still be a wildcat this year.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Honestly how many Miller era transfers outside of Justin Simon have gone on to be successful? Also saying fans want Akot gone is dumb, that's not what's going on here. Akot has been over recruited. He can either have the light switch turn on and abandon the Lonzo Ball shooting form that some idiot recommended he adopt and improve drastically to the point he keeps his McDonald's All American competition at bay and starts next year or neither of those things occur and he rides the pine and becomes a situational role player.....or he sees the writing on the wall, transfers, sits out a year to develop further, and probably walks into a starting role elsewhere.

I can't name any one that wants to see him go, but you have a brain, he has a brain, every one can see what he's in for next year. He only has two years of playing eligibility left. He has to make them count.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Who would ever recommend the Ball shooting style? That’s like recommending the Furyk golf swing. All kinds of wrong.rooting for E-man.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Akot's a Wayne Womack type of 4 (except hopefully without the triggered temper that Cali dbags set off).

Plenty of wingspan to guard seven-footers in a small lineup, low offensive ceiling but a knack for being the open man down low.

Womack didn't really do much either until his junior year. Then he saved the OT win over Duke at home and was a key contributor as a senior, even though he never started.

Akot looks to have the same career arc here.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

catgrad97 wrote:Akot's a Wayne Womack type of 4 (except hopefully without the triggered temper that Cali dbags set off).

Plenty of wingspan to guard seven-footers in a small lineup, low offensive ceiling but a knack for being the open man down low.

Womack didn't really do much either until his junior year. Then he saved the OT win over Duke at home and was a key contributor as a senior, even though he never started.

Akot looks to have the same career arc here.
I totally get what you're saying and it is a great comparison, but the difference is 1. Head coach's roster philosophy and 2. The climate of college basketball.

In Womack's day he didn't have to worry about an incoming freshman taking his minutes as upperclassmen ruled the day in the 90s and freshmen stayed 3-4 years so there was no or very little recruiting politics at play. Also Olson hardly landed what we would consider 5* players at that time, he more identified talent and developed it.

This is a different world where freshmen come in and push guys like Akot who haven't developed fast enough out. Miller doesn't identify under recruited talent and develop it like Olson did. He recruits talent and it forces other guys out. He's repeatedly done it during his decade here. Due to some bad knees his freshman year and questionable offseason choices in regards to his development, Akot has found himself in the position of being recruited over. It is what it is.
prh

Post by prh »

If Akot could develop into a strong defensive guy, even without any offense, that would be huge. Remember the days of knowing Rondae would shut someone down and not caring about how cringey his jump shooting was?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:If Akot could develop into a strong defensive guy, even without any offense, that would be huge. Remember the days of knowing Rondae would shut someone down and not caring about how cringey his jump shooting was?
While Rondae's jumper was a mess he was a plus rebounder, could make a move to the rim, and an all out effort guy to go along with his defense. He was also a much better athlete. You can accept a cringey jumper when the guy has a high basketball IQ and does all the intangibles at a high level. That guy currently does not describe Emmanuel Akot.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Pretty big debate for a guy that hasn't contributed much to a team that is pretty weak. I'm not sure why we should expect much of an impact next year on a team with more talent.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:
prh wrote:If Akot could develop into a strong defensive guy, even without any offense, that would be huge. Remember the days of knowing Rondae would shut someone down and not caring about how cringey his jump shooting was?
While Rondae's jumper was a mess he was a plus rebounder, could make a move to the rim, and an all out effort guy to go along with his defense. He was also a much better athlete. You can accept a cringey jumper when the guy has a high basketball IQ and does all the intangibles at a high level. That guy currently does not describe Emmanuel Akot.
Oh yeah that is a massive if. But I gotta find hope somewhere.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

DrWildcat wrote:Pretty big debate for a guy that hasn't contributed much to a team that is pretty weak. I'm not sure why we should expect much of an impact next year on a team with more talent.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

When akot dunks on a guy who is 7 6, I'll start with the rondae comps.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Is it agreed upon that Jeter is our best player?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Agree with the Akot love. His defensive flexibility and ability to guard one of a team's top threats is a plus on this year's team. You have to figure he's gonna grow into at least a good share of that defensive upside in his last two years. He shows flashes of what he could become on the other end, experience will help that become more regular.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:When akot dunks on a guy who is 7 6, I'll start with the rondae comps.
He just dunked on a 7'4 guy. So, start it up!