Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Sean Miller

Post by CalStateTempe »

TatetheGreat wrote:Miller facilitated payment to Lauri, Rawle, and Ayton in cooperation with the FBI? Seems far-fetched, but we'll find out soon enough. Ayton has played in every game so the season will be vacated if he did accept money.

CST, are you still flying to Eugene? I'm guessing Miller coaches and Rawle and Ayton play (Trier sits). Our AD will put out a statement along the lines of "we are complying with the investigation and will reserve further comment or action until this process is completed."
Yup, packing now and heading to the airport in an hour.

Really mixed feelings about going, so much of the fun is wearing the gear in the plane but I feel like I’m going to have to be incognito.

I’ll get there for warm ups and report what I’m seeing.

Really had my first night of terrible sleep in a long long time over this last night.

Oh and right before bed the wife says “ hey did you hear Sean Miller was on wiretap for paying ayton? Are you still going?” My answer; “goodnight honey, i love you and I’d rather not talk about it.” Lol
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Bilas will be on Sportscenter in a few minutes. I am interested to see what he has to say. Looks like Vitale, Greenberg and JWill all commenting on how disappointed they are in MIller. Hopefully Duke gets nailed so we can watch the self righteous assholes try to figure out how a model citizen like K was involved in this.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Postmaster wrote:If you will vacate all games so far you might as well keep playing everyone.
Yup
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Shut up bilias

Dukie gonna duke.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

No one quits. Everyone plays. Nothing changes dammit. I want my pac 12 chipper and tourney run. Deal with this shit later.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man I’m even more pissed now that last night taking this all in. Again.

Looks like th blue bloods and the media are have found their sacrificial lamb to get away Scott free.

Arizona is the perfect program to take the fall. Big enough and visable enough but no t blue blood.

Bilias acts like Arizona is the only program that pays the going rate. I like him but his credibility took a hit with me today.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Come down to miller telling Heeke everything he knows about paying guys. If he knows these same agents set up payment with other top programs maybe we keep playing as is cause it's pointless to fire now especially if it's so big the rules gotta change
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azcat49 wrote:No one quits. Everyone plays. Nothing changes dammit. I want my pac 12 chipper and tourney run. Deal with this shit later.

That’s where I’m at, and you know what I’ve wearing my fucking gear. All of for the cats.

If the ducks give me shit which they will i’ll throw back how their program lets them get away with assaulting women.

I’m getting either arrested or jumped tonight. :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatHoops wrote:Come down to miller telling Heeke everything he knows about paying guys. If he knows these same agents set up payment with other top programs maybe we keep playing as is cause it's pointless to fire now especially if it's so big the rules gotta change
Exactly, the playing field is already level among the top 10-15 programs.

So what difference does it make. Everyone hates us so just embrace it and give them reason to hate us even more.

#rollitout
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

CalStateTempe wrote:Man I’m even more pissed now that last night taking this all in. Again.

Looks like th blue bloods and the media are have found their sacrificial lamb to get away Scott free.

Arizona is the perfect program to take the fall. Big enough and visable enough but no t blue blood.

Bilias acts like Arizona is the only program that pays the going rate. I like him but his credibility took a hit with me today.
This is exactly what I think. Arizona will be the predetermined fall guy in this. If they were a blue blood the NCAA would have already granted them immunity. My guess is none of the blue blood programs will be given much more than a slap on the wrist.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Postmaster wrote:If you will vacate all games so far you might as well keep playing everyone.
Yup
You apparently aren't factoring in the meaning and intent of "institutional control"....

Imagine for a moment that the AD and the university president condoned doing this understanding that one or more players were ineligible. And that it happened.

Then you could be looking at a NCAA death penalty type of outcome....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
azcat49 wrote:No one quits. Everyone plays. Nothing changes dammit. I want my pac 12 chipper and tourney run. Deal with this shit later.

That’s where I’m at, and you know what I’ve wearing my fucking gear. All of for the cats.

If the ducks give me shit which they will i’ll throw back how their program lets them get away with assaulting women.

Altman knows about multiple rapes. Just repeat that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

jsbowl16 wrote:Bilas will be on Sportscenter in a few minutes. I am interested to see what he has to say. Looks like Vitale, Greenberg and JWill all commenting on how disappointed they are in MIller. Hopefully Duke gets nailed so we can watch the self righteous assholes try to figure out how a model citizen like K was involved in this.
Vitale changes allegiances like Vichy France.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Still waiting for the school to make a move...
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Altman knows about multiple rapes. Just repeat that.
Damn! :lol: Sports is (or should I say "was"?) supposed to be a diversion from the cold, cruel world....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

You're walking a slippery slope if you fire or suspend a coach, or suspend a player based on a news article citing unnamed sources in a high profile FBI investigation with no evidence or names to back up the claim.

Unless Miller suddenly admits to something he's not going anywhere until there's something concrete.

Otherwise, what would stop the team playing Duke in the sweet 16 from finding some anonymous source to contact news outlets to "leak" information about Coach K and Bagley?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’m getting the feeling ayton and Miller arnt in the lineup tonight.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m getting the feeling ayton and Miller arnt in the lineup tonight.
Hard to imagine either of them anywhere near the team tonight. But who knows?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said
I cant even comprehend this Miller saying this. I understand Miller is a control freak but he seems so calculated. Having this conversation and making that statement means Miller is not as smart and calculated as I thought he was.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:

That's my line too when I need it. Altman traded women's lives for a Final Four
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The craziest part of all this is that Miller can’t resign due to his contract, which forces Arizona to pay him through 2022 if they fire him. And Arizona can’t fire him even if they want to take on that financial burden, because Miller hasn’t been charged.

That means Miller and Arizona will have to agree that he takes a paid leave due to the distraction, with no admission of violating NCAA rules.

There’s nothing on Ayton.

So my guess is Romar takes over today and Arizona plays on.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This must be how Skyler on BB felt when she started putting things together.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Frybry02 wrote:
Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said
I cant even comprehend this Miller saying this. I understand Miller is a control freak but he seems so calculated. Having this conversation and making that statement means Miller is not as smart and calculated as I thought he was.
Or it lends credence to the earlier posts from 97Cats that Miller was made aware by the FBI and knew it was tapped.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Frybry02 wrote:
Sounds like he was coached by the fbi to get a bigger fish.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

I'm still confused on why Miller's stuff came out last night. Maybe because we are on the road and the FBI is still monitoring him so they want to try to get him to say something again? Just doesn't add up why this "source" leaked this separate. Although a huge longshot, still hopeful that maybe CSM was cooperating with FBI and this is all just taken out of context, but highly unlikely that's the case.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Beachcat97 wrote:This must be how Skyler on BB felt when she started putting things together.
Lol
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

phxcat23 wrote:I'm still confused on why Miller's stuff came out last night. Maybe because we are on the road and the FBI is still monitoring him so they want to try to get him to say something again? Just doesn't add up why this "source" leaked this separate. Although a huge longshot, still hopeful that maybe CSM was cooperating with FBI and this is all just taken out of context, but highly unlikely that's the case.
Me too. If they had this back in 2016 why wasn't this released by the FBI like they did with Pitinos conversations. I would much rather dealt with it then than now
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:This must be how Skyler on BB felt when she started putting things together.
Lol
Or when Hank discovered W.W. wasn't Walt Whitman.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
If he coaches tonight I might actually believe that

Right now, that’s what I’m hoping
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Agree. Overall circumstances point toward Miller being a mole, and that Dawkins got stung.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

RichardCranium wrote:Just a thought I'd like to inject...

I have an acquaintance who used to be closely connected to several west coast Athletic Departments. Not specifically UA however, but he ran in the same circles. He has been spot on about several things he couldn't possibly have been spot on about unless he knew what was what (but he has made a few misses too). Anyway he was mostly dealing with football and is retired now, but he is getting hints from his old contacts that the phone call 'wiretap' that 'caught' Miller saying talk to me about the money, was made with FBI agents in the room with Miller, and that Miller is on the front foot about the whole damn thing.

Now I don't know how much of a grain of salt to take with that. 'My Guy' has been right a heckuva lot more than he has been wrong and usually doesn't say anything unless he is pretty much sure of what he is talking about. Having said that, I am just not sure that he is really close enough to his old contacts or who they are or what their motives are. They might just be playing him, I don't know.

If Miller leaves the UA, might it be for the Witness Protection Program?
I hope your acquaintance is on the right side, because this would be a game changer. And if so, ESPN should be sued for damaging the reputation of the school and Miller.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Well we should know soon. Pascoe is attempting to enter the practices and pre game meetings like Cruise in Misson Impossivle.

He actually just has a water glass pressed against the door...

Go Columbo!!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

phxcat23 wrote:

I have an acquaintance who used to be closely connected to several west coast Athletic Departments. Not specifically UA however, but he ran in the same circles. He has been spot on about several things he couldn't possibly have been spot on about unless he knew what was what (but he has made a few misses too). Anyway he was mostly dealing with football and is retired now, but he is getting hints from his old contacts that the phone call 'wiretap' that 'caught' Miller saying talk to me about the money, was made with FBI agents in the room with Miller, and that Miller is on the front foot about the whole damn thing.

Now I don't know how much of a grain of salt to take with that. 'My Guy' has been right a heckuva lot more than he has been wrong and usually doesn't say anything unless he is pretty much sure of what he is talking about. Having said that, I am just not sure that he is really close enough to his old contacts or who they are or what their motives are. They might just be playing him, I don't know.

I hope your acquaintance is on the right side, because this would be a game changer. And if so, ESPN should be sued for damaging the reputation of the school and Miller.
That would be gold.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

We don’t know a lot but one thing we do know is that Miller didn’t partake of those phone conversations on behalf of the FBI.

It’s not hard to reconcile that with the possibility that Miller cooperated with the FBI. Miller was a player in a widespread event where Book got charged with crimes, and Miller did nothing worthy of indictment. That includes agreeing to pay Dawkins.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chief does have a point.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m getting the feeling ayton and Miller arnt in the lineup tonight.
Seth Greenberg just interviewed on ESPN, and said he'd be shocked if Miller ever coaches another game at Arizona...

... he's known Miller since Sean attended a camp when 9YO, and closely followed his carreer since. He said he's always admired Miller, but that he's "disappointed and angry" with him now.

― Kinky Friedman
mofo

Post by mofo »

phxcat23 wrote:

Hard to believe last night’s info would be leaked if this were the case tho and allow his & the Uni’s reputation to get hammered.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Olsondogg wrote:Well we should know soon. Pascoe is attempting to enter the practices and pre game meetings like Cruise in Misson Impossivle.

Go Columbo!!

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

mofo wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:

Hard to believe last night’s info would be leaked if this were the case tho and allow his & the Uni’s reputation to get hammered.
Because the media doesn't care about reputations. That's why I'm also curious as to who is leaking this, especially if there is more to this and it does end up in court. That would be a huge blow that information from an active FBI investigation is being leaked. How reliable is this source? Where did the information come from?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:We don’t know a lot but one thing we do know is that Miller didn’t partake of those phone conversations on behalf of the FBI.

It’s not hard to reconcile that with the possibility that Miller cooperated with the FBI. Miller was a player in a widespread event where Book got charged with crimes, and Miller did nothing worthy of indictment. That includes agreeing to pay Dawkins.

"We don't know a lot but we know______"

I'm sorry but you don't know that at all...we have no idea what the context of those phone calls was...we only have rumor that he is on tape, hell no one even has an actual transcript posted mostly just paraphrase...

By the way it is a felony to leak evidence that has a gag order on it...someone is commiting a crime by leaking this info to Yahoo...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Maybe Vitale is behind it. He's the "source", dislikes Arizona, and then after "leaking" this, he has the spotlight to talk crap. Was threatened that Bagley and Ayton were competing for overall #1 pick, and coach K probably gets a kickback from his agent if Bagley goes #1 in draft. You never know :lol:
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

phxcat23 wrote:Maybe Vitale is behind it. He's the "source", dislikes Arizona, and then after "leaking" this, he has the spotlight to talk crap. Was threatened that Bagley and Ayton were competing for overall #1 pick, and coach K probably gets a kickback from his agent if Bagley goes #1 in draft. You never know :lol:
Dick Vitale is the biggest dick in basketball...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:We don’t know a lot but one thing we do know is that Miller didn’t partake of those phone conversations on behalf of the FBI.

"We don't know a lot but we know______"

I'm sorry but you don't know that at all...we have no idea what the context of those phone calls was...we only have rumor that he is on tape, hell no one even has an actual transcript posted mostly just paraphrase...

By the way it is a felony to leak evidence that has a gag order on it...someone is commiting a crime by leaking this info to Yahoo...
Okay then Miller might have made those calls on behalf of the FBI? Anyone is free to believe.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:Well we should know soon. Pascoe is attempting to enter the practices and pre game meetings like Cruise in Misson Impossivle.

Go Columbo!!
Fucking columbo
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

One positive from this... no Miller to UNC? Crossing fingers
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

pc in NM wrote:
Seth Greenberg just interviewed on ESPN, and said he'd be shocked if Miller ever coaches another game at Arizona...

... he's known Miller since Sean attended a camp when 9YO, and closely followed his carreer since. He said he's always admired Miller, but that he's "disappointed and angry" with him now.
Fake news has their talking point from the blue blood media.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Stanley chimes in on Trey.
Last edited by Merkin on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:One positive from this... no Miller to UNC? Crossing fingers
That dream died for Sean
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Bosy Billups wrote:One positive from this... no Miller to UNC? Crossing fingers
Bilas: "This is a carreer-ending event. Sean Miller will never coach another college basketball game."

― Kinky Friedman