Road Win

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Road Win

Post by TheCat »

We won that game on turnovers. Keeping them to around 10 is critical for this team. Josh Green had another terrible outing. He is way to athletic to get 2-3 rebounds a game even when he is not scoring. Dylan was ice cold and Baker saved our bacon. Zeke had an off game for him but kept there main scorer down. Someday this team is going to play like they did against Ill. and we will all breathe easier.

Prediction....Green will be back.
Gladiator Cat

Re: Road Win

Post by Gladiator Cat »

If there is anyone one on the roster that actually has NBA potential but not remotely ready it's Green. In my opinion it's not even close. He's a tweener and has a multitude of areas to work on before hes ready. Outside of his athleticism, his overall game is weak and one dimensional at best.

If he goes this year, he'll be out of the league and playing overseas before his NBA career ever gets started.

Nico is boarder-line as well IMO, but further ahead. Nico is projected to get drafted high, but will he have staying power? I don't think he is developed enough at this stage, but I could certainly could be wrong. The big strong guards (which is most of them) will eat him up.

Zeke is by far, out of the three the one who is most NBA ready. But even he will ride the pine before establishing himself later on as he gets stronger and develops.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:If there is anyone one on the roster that actually has NBA potential but not remotely ready it's Green. In my opinion it's not even close. He's a tweener and has a multitude of areas to work on before hes ready. Outside of his athleticism, his overall game is weak and one dimensional at best.

If he goes this year, he'll be out of the league and playing overseas before his NBA career ever gets started.

Nico is boarder-line as well IMO, but further ahead. Nico is projected to get drafted high, but will he have staying power? I don't think he is developed enough at this stage, but I could certainly could be wrong. The big strong guards (which is most of them) will eat him up.

Zeke is by far, out of the three the one who is most NBA ready. But even he will ride the pine before establishing himself later on as he gets stronger and develops.
It seemed like Green was shooting with more confidence earlier in the year. His mechanics are the same but his body language is different. He misses open looks and then feels like he has to take contested shots around the rim. He needs to work on his passing and handle. Once he gets inside it's always a tough shot or a turnover.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TatetheGreat wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:If there is anyone one on the roster that actually has NBA potential but not remotely ready it's Green. In my opinion it's not even close. He's a tweener and has a multitude of areas to work on before hes ready. Outside of his athleticism, his overall game is weak and one dimensional at best.

It seemed like Green was shooting with more confidence earlier in the year. His mechanics are the same but his body language is different. He misses open looks and then feels like he has to take contested shots around the rim. He needs to work on his passing and handle. Once he gets inside it's always a tough shot or a turnover.
I'd like to see him to what Richard Jefferson did when he went into a shooting slump while at Arizona. RJ decided to focus on defense, and not worry so much about his shot, and eventually and obviously his shot came back. Green could be a really good defender with his size and quickness, and rarely makes bonehead plays, outside of the last few seconds v. ASU anyway.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Agree 100%. There is still half a season left so there is a chance. Like Lute always said it is not about making the NBA but staying in the NBA. Look at the players Lute put in there and there career salaries. Terry, Jefferson, Channing are all good examples......folks are in a hurry. I got that but what is going to get you where you want to be. It is almost hurtful to their pride if they don't leave quickly.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:

He could be a beast with his athleticism.