Spaceman Spiff

Re: Tommy Lloyd

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Other backup Lloyds:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What’s Tim Floyd up to?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm What’s Tim Floyd up to?
Comin' out of retirement with a chip on his shoulder?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

We're being RobbRolled all over the internet
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

One day we're all going to have a good laugh about all of this.

One day.....
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

At which of the five stages of grief are we currently?

~ Wilhoit's Law
ekat

Post by ekat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm At which of the five stages of grief are we currently?
Is it possible to be knee deep in all of the first four, knowing you’re likely not going to reach acceptance, especially if the next coach is Josh Pastner?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ekat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm At which of the five stages of grief are we currently?
Is it possible to be knee deep in all of the first four, knowing you’re likely not going to reach acceptance, especially if the next coach is Josh Pastner?
Then it just starts all over again.

~ Wilhoit's Law
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Catintheheat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:28 pm Look on the bright side. Whatever sanctions come Arizona’s way won’t matter now because we aren’t making the tourney any time soon.
Silver linings!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Worst case would be if Lloyd accepted, but then later Robbins revealed the true scope of expected sanctions....forcing Lloyd to bail...and that info will soon get out.. further poisoning the future.

Realistically then, Damon is the best choice and our recruiting ceiling will be swing-for-the-fences, damaged goods 4 stars.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

So instead of offering the job to Lloyd we're interviewing Matt Brase?!

What the fuck is Robbins on?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

So everyone said if nothing was done by tonight, it's time to panic. Looking like time to panic I guess
I said what I said and I mean it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:33 pm So everyone said if nothing was done by tonight, it's time to panic. Looking like time to panic I guess
Choo said to start panicking last night.
BeardownZonaZona

azgreg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:33 pm So everyone said if nothing was done by tonight, it's time to panic. Looking like time to panic I guess
Choo said to start panicking last night.
Oh shit
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ve decided to skip right past panic and to settle into a calm sense of acceptance that we can never, ever, have nice things.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:03 pm I’ve decided to skip right past panic and to settle into a calm sense of acceptance that we can never, ever, have nice things.
I basically accepted that as an Arizona fan like 5 years ago

(women's sports not included, they're the stars of Arizona athletics)

azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

CatFanOneMil wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:01 pm This is starting to look increasingly like a serious fumble from Heeke and Robbins...they stood by Miller 3 years told boosters and fans "He's our guy" go so far as to impose a post season ban THEY decided on with no real choice for Miller and team...Miller holds the guys together...gets us through the season and gets the team to play in spite of looming ban...no small feat...

Then suddenly without warning fire him WITHOUT cause prior to the sanctions being handed down by the IARP, which honestly could go either way, including SANCTIONS AGAINST THEM who are also named in the violations...

It's pretty clear they made Miller the fall guy and this firing had NOTHING TO DO WITH HAVING A PLAN IN PLACE...it was simply an ass-covering...

IF THERE WAS A PLAN, they apparently have fucked it up beyond recognition...at a time when student athletes are considering to stay or go they create the biggest clusterfuck in the last 10 years outmatching the Sumlin fiasco...

Fuck those guys...fuck them to hell.
Exactly. This is everything I was going to say.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Is Tommy Lloyd completely out yet?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We've moved on to Tommy Boy.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BeardownZonaZona

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm We've moved on to Tommy Boy.
Are you saying we're going to offer tommy?
mofo

Post by mofo »

I imagine Bobby doesn't really give a shit what happens. It's not his money that's paying for buyouts and new contracts. He can run the AD into the ground and MAYBE his contract isn't renewed (I think I heard it's expiring in 2022?). At that point he sails off into the sunset patting himself on the back for getting at least 1 buddy some real-life head coaching experience he can use somewhere else someday.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm We've moved on to Tommy Boy.
Are you saying we're going to offer tommy?
I wouldn't put it past Robbins.

-JB
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I cannot believe this is reality.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like the long shot Musselman is zero shot now.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

BeardownZonaZona

So it's gotta be Lloyd. Get it done now please
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Hey Robbins:

-JB
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Echoing what’s been said a hundred times, if they don’t bring in Lloyd with the quickness now this is as inept and bungled coach firing and hiring as possible. You would have to try to be bad to do what Robbins and heeke are doing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

pokinmik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 pm Echoing what’s been said a hundred times, if they don’t bring in Lloyd with the quickness now this is as inept and bungled coach firing and hiring as possible. You would have to try to be bad to do what Robbins and heeke are doing.
Yup. And I'm not convinced that Lloyd is even a decent hire. But unless he's announced in the next 48 hours this is beyond a disaster of a bungling.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is there anyone else out there that Robbins wants to get a raise at the expense of our program’s reputation?
BeardownZonaZona

This is getting worse and worse by the hour
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

1stNGrant Frys wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm Worst case would be if Lloyd accepted, but then later Robbins revealed the true scope of expected sanctions....forcing Lloyd to bail...and that info will soon get out.. further poisoning the future.

Realistically then, Damon is the best choice and our recruiting ceiling will be swing-for-the-fences, damaged goods 4 stars.
Were this the case, Fred and Barney could have retained Sean and let him suffer from his own consequences.
ekat

Post by ekat »

If I were Lloyd, or any coach worth hiring, I would want nothing to do with this administration.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you are a good coach, you will outlast administrations.

Arizona is a good job, even with Robbins hiring.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 pm
1stNGrant Frys wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:54 pm Worst case would be if Lloyd accepted, but then later Robbins revealed the true scope of expected sanctions....forcing Lloyd to bail...and that info will soon get out.. further poisoning the future.

Were this the case, Fred and Barney could have retained Sean and let him suffer from his own consequences.
Did somebody say Fred and Barney?

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Was it this bad in the days before we hired Sean? I honestly can’t remember.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Well we nearly hired Tim Floyd
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

And after CSM turned us down there was Jim Boylen talk.
ekat

Post by ekat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 pm And after CSM turned us down there was Jim Boylen talk.
Biggest difference is we didn’t fire a 300+ win coach that had a team going into next season ranked in the top 15 to chase Tim Floyd or Jim Boylen. We were technically replacing Russ Pennell.
BeardownZonaZona

People saying we're going to look at other candidates. Looks like Lloyd isn't the guy?
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

Hard to even care at this point about Arizona athletics. I know we all enjoyed Lute, but I can't wait for the "strange new respect" most of my not online friends will have for Miller about 3 games into next season until whoever replaces these Bobby and his pool** boy at the helm are gone.

**lakehouse in Michigan where he spends nearly all his time.

If the Athletic Director doesn't care, why in the god damned heck should I
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Scheer finally just says it
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Do you remember when we got a tech or something because Pennall”s dad was in a sideline huddle? He wasn’t an official coach so he wasn’t allowed to be in the huddles.

Good old days
BeardownZonaZona

Hasn't this fanbase been through enough. We were already sad CSM was fired, now this. We've suffered through the Sumlin era, a couple years of down basketball, we lose the basketball coach who we love, and now we're going to screw up the opportunity to hire a guy with no head coaching experience because our president believes he's the best AD in the country. Next year Bobbins has to go
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 pm If you are a good coach, you will outlast administrations.

Arizona is a good job, even with Robbins hiring.
Ask Sean Miller his thoughts on your statement.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:58 pm Scheer finally just says it
Guys this could get scary if Lloyd has rejected our overture. I said all he has to do is wait till we screw things up and the admin panics and he can call his own shots. I think we accepted him as fans because of the other candidates were worse. Now we might be on to the worse.
Still think SDSU coach and Pope would be what we could reasonably negotiate with. I would throw a shout to Kelvin Sampson also. If we had no plan Heeke needs to be fired immediately after this is over. You don't fire a good coach and then start to think of someone. If this has truly been going on 40 days (denied by Heeke).....we are seriously screwed. Of all the ex u of a players.....give me RJ.
If we end up hiring Damon what are you going to say. They will introduce him as a legend and from the Lute tree and what can you say. As recruiting slips and current players scramble what are you going to say. After Heeke has killed the athletic departments cash cow what are you going to say. What we will be left to say is I remember when......
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

I wish the ABOR would allow a University wide petition to relieve Robbins for non-performance. Or whatever the hell it would take to get rid of him. Heeke can be fired by the new President. This is out of control.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Although we are all frustrated to no end this quote made me feel better that the word is out on how bad tweedle dee and tweedle dum are:

Arizona made the decision to fire Sean Miller a few days after the Oregon game and waited over a month to do it only when Miller started to shake the tree a bit. Instead of moving quickly, the coaching search is another example of one of the worst run athletic departments in the country.

Dave Heeke is an athletic director in name only and Arizona has a school president that wants to be the athletic director in addition to running a university. It's an awful combination that continues to hurt Arizona and is once again on display with how they are handling this coaching search.