Tommy Lloyd

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

wyo-cat

Re: Tommy Lloyd

Post by wyo-cat »

All right, we gotta keep this on the downlow. I nicked this BDW Premium info off another site. I know this may bring the Premium Content Cops beating at our door, but this is just too juicy....

When Tommy Lloyd cross dresses he likes to be called “Tammy.”

I’ll take the heat for any removed posts, or banning from the Premium Content Cops, but this had to be said.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

wyo-cat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm All right, we gotta keep this on the downlow. I nicked this BDW Premium info off another site. I know this may bring the Premium Content Cops beating at our door, but this is just too juicy....

When Tommy Lloyd cross dresses he likes to be called “Tammy.”

I’ll take the heat for any removed posts, or banning from the Premium Content Cops, but this had to be said.
That was a story PPU stole and they got the details wrong. The actual premium info is he lived a prior life abroad as a goatherd named "Thom Lloyd."

It's one reason his recruiting of European players goes so well, he can open doors in the basketball world, but also in the goatherding world. American players love AAU and the money in that system, but the inside info is that European players have more of an interest in goat-related professions should basketball not pan out.
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

My inaugural post here. I favored extending Miller, but understand the reasoning behind removing him. Now that Tommy Lloyd is our HC, I fully support him and, frankly, am quite optimistic about his success at Arizona. By all accounts he is a solid evaluator of talent and I expect his brand of basketball to be entertaining and successful in the PAC 12.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BetaCat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:30 am My inaugural post here. I favored extending Miller, but understand the reasoning behind removing him. Now that Tommy Lloyd is our HC, I fully support him and, frankly, am quite optimistic about his success at Arizona. By all accounts he is a solid evaluator of talent and I expect his brand of basketball to be entertaining and successful in the PAC 12.
Welcome! Please keep posting. I need someone to keep me from being predisposed against Tommy Boy because I hate his bosses with the white hot fury of 10,000 suns.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Welcome Beta!

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Good ol’ UAdams.
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

I hated the process for the football coach search also, even sent scores of nasty emails to Prez Robbins (did the same during the BB extend/fire/hire fiasco). I have to admit, despite my contempt for Robbins, I am quite excited about both hires. Both guys bring a lot of energy, and both guys are truly excited and grateful to be at Arizona.

I support them both unless and until they prove unworthy.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Welcome Beta.

God knows we have enough Alphas around here.

;)
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

I’m a refugee from another message board with numerous “experts” and hair trigger critics. I’m hoping there are more old fashioned Cat fans on here with less ego and more positivity.

Bear Down.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BetaCat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:14 am I’m a refugee from another message board with numerous “experts” and hair trigger critics. I’m hoping there are more old fashioned Cat fans on here with less ego and more positivity.

Bear Down.
All opinions are welcome but only mine are correct.

Sorry, there are rules.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Ha!
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Can’t wait to piss this new dude off.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:21 pm Can’t wait to piss this new dude off.
That's the spirit
I said what I said and I mean it.
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

There were members like this on the other message board. I didn’t like them either.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

BetaCat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 pm
There were members like this on the other message board. I didn’t like them either.
He’s just goofing around lol - this group is great
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Arizona fans are the very bestest.
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:53 pm
BetaCat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 pm
He’s just goofing around lol - this group is great
Glad to hear it, because there were A-holes on the other site who meant it. Couldn’t stand a positive, supportive POV.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Welcome to the board BetaCat. Most of us have been diehard fans for 30+ years. The thing I love the most about this board is the cool collective vibe. If you love drama and overreaction you might want to look elsewhere. We barely flinched when Miller was fired. The search for our new coach was like a walk through the park. The recruiting misses were nothing but positivity. All joking aside you found the best best board. Welcome!
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

Dave wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:38 pm Welcome to the board BetaCat. Most of us have been diehard fans for 30+ years. The thing I love the most about this board is the cool collective vibe. If you love drama and overreaction you might want to look elsewhere. We barely flinched when Miller was fired. The search for our new coach was like a walk through the park. The recruiting misses were nothing but positivity. All joking aside you found the best best board. Welcome!
Thanks, ‘Preciate it!
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

It is a great board, even supportive with personal stuff, nice community. Never once on the other boards did I care if I actually met anyone, I am hoping to meet some of these guys some day at an MTE or a regular game.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona Wildcats men's basketball coach Tommy Lloyd

Posted 14 hrs ago

https://www.azfamily.com/podcasts/the_e ... _id=997202
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Former UA coach Sean Miller reportedly invited Tommy Lloyd over to his Tucson home

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... e-trending
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Miller did do a great job here and that paragraph about recruiting is what worries us all except our President of the university. He had to have his unproven talent leading our marquee program
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Wasn’t this reported a couple weeks ago on this site?
Article says it was never reported before.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Watching these tune up games... listening to TL's press conferences.....

It seems like TL is going to be really really hard to dislike.

Ultimately we will see what happens when we play decent competition and will see what happens with recruiting once the cloud of sanctions eventually ends... but... so far... he's passing the eye test
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Agreed. Can't complain so far.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Maybe Ricky Bobby Robbins got one right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

According to KenPom we’ve played the #310 and #322 teams in the nation.

We are supposed to look this way against competition this bad.

So maybe let’s wait until we see Tommy Boy coach against a team with a pulse before we start sending bottles of champagne to our illustrious school President for his incredible eye for talent.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I’m with ya’ Chi. It’s too early to tell. I’m liking what I see so far.

I think it will translate well to the big time, tho. There will be less nightlight seeking with alley oops and shit against better competition.

I like the way the defense is is guarding the wings and getting run outs.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:00 am According to KenPom we’ve played the #310 and #322 teams in the nation.

So maybe let’s wait until we see Tommy Boy coach against a team with a pulse before we start sending bottles of champagne to our illustrious school President for his incredible eye for talent.
Come on... no one's saying that... yet

And I realize similar things may have been said about Jedd Lasso.... before the games started... but at least TL can beat beat NAU
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:00 am According to KenPom we’ve played the #310 and #322 teams in the nation.

The entire basketball world knew Tommy Lloyd would be a solid coach. I get the disdain for Dr. Dipshit, but as far as a guy with no previous head coaching experience goes, Tommy was an easy lay up for Robbins.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That’s PRESIDENT Dr. Dipshit. Show some respect for UArizona’s commander in chief.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

These last several posts are pure platinum. This is one of those community-defining moments you can refer to decades later and everyone knows what you're talking about: reconciling a promising new era under a lovable new coach with universal hatred for Dr. Dipshit.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Tommy Ball is working. I'm loving it
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Just like '97!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I like how in the radio summary he is giving props to Sean for coaching up Dalen and Benn. Dude is humble and gives credit.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I’m REALLY starting to like this guy.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Like his half court shots for sure.....
UAFB1

Post by UAFB1 »

Tommy is a hell of a coach, and I am glad people outside of Gonzaga are finally starting to see that.

U of A is in good hands for a LOOOOONG time with him hopefully <3
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

I'm enjoying watching the cats for the first time in a long, long time. To me that matters more than any recruiting banner, W/L, whatever. I had checked out on the SM style basketball a long time ago.

The product on the court also gives me flashes of Lute's squads. The team is having fun and feeding off one another.

Of course..fully recognize that against cupcakes the optics are skewed. A little adversity will show much more. But for now, thanks to coach for saving my fandom.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

LOL
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Jefe wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am Image
In the annals of college basketball, Lloyd's head coaching record is matched only by Josh Pastner's "games I've played in" record!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lute and Miller should not be that close. Miller, like Kryzyzewski padded their non conference schedule with patsies. Although K had a reasonable excuse, his conference schedule was pretty brutal.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Merkin wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:55 pm Lute and Miller should not be that close. Miller, like Kryzyzewski padded their non conference schedule with patsies. Although K had a reasonable excuse, his conference schedule was pretty brutal.
Really hoping that is a change under Lloyd, especially with the Pac being no where near the power it was back in the Lute days (borderline mid major, thanks Larry!).
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Tonight was Tommy's coming out party. Arizona is gonna kick your ass.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well done Tommy. You just made me a believer.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

My favorite move was when Tommy had to bench Koloko and Tubelis with 3 fouls each... then Michigan soon decides to rest Dickinson... Tommy immediately put them both back in.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Yeah, that was the best Arizona Basketball has looked in a very long time. Hopefully some recruits/prospects start taking notice.