Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: Kerr Kriisa

Post by EastCoastCat »

I say he plays 10 minutes.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

He doesn’t look bad right now in shootarounds. Moving on it well. He’s trying it out right now dribbling, cutting, driving to lane in warm up
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Superhuman
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

This has to be the toughest motherfucker on the planet.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What a difference with him on the court. He just fires up the team and the fans so much more that Kier.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Applaud him for gutting it out and playing a lot of minutes. Need to get his shot back but his energy is needed.

Way to go Big Balls!
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Kerr is the by far the least talented of the starting 5, yet also the most important.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I wanted to kill him a few times tonight, but I'm so glad he was out there as much as he was.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

We play thur night. Hopefully enough rest to get him more game ready. Gonna need him to to do better than 1-10. But still awesome he was out there!
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

When Kier cam on the floor, the offense almost always stalled and momentum swung the other way.

We need Kerr. Not a fan of Kier at all running things.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Even if he doesn’t shoot he just facilitates so well
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

A liability on defense and I wanted Larsson in there a few times.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

+24 when on the court. Enough said.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Jesus. That’s a big number. So glad he’s back.
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

I wonder how he is feeling? We’re going to need his offense against Houston to help open things up. I am hoping last night didn’t make it worse with the minutes and the physicality of the game.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

jajoyce wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 am I wonder how he is feeling? We’re going to need his offense against Houston to help open things up. I am hoping last night didn’t make it worse with the minutes and the physicality of the game.
Was just thinking about this.

Hope he get's out of bed able to walk
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:27 am
jajoyce wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:23 am I wonder how he is feeling? We’re going to need his offense against Houston to help open things up. I am hoping last night didn’t make it worse with the minutes and the physicality of the game.

Is that a medical possibility? Aggravating a grade 2-3 ankle sprain by too much activity on it during the healing process? The only risk I've heard discussed is a separate injury from favoring the injured foot.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'm sure postgame he got a bunch of treatment - he needs to bring his energy, plus a little better shooting percentage against Houston.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Shooters have to shoot. The best part of Kerr going 1-10 last night is he's likely to shoot better next game. What are the odds a career 35%+ shooter shoots 10% two games in a row?

Kerr is also an underrated point guard. Reminds me a lot of a guy who's coaching with us right now, Jason Gardner. Not the most athletic, quick, or tall, but the offense just runs smooth when a guy like Kerr or Gardner is on the floor.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:02 pm When Kier cam on the floor, the offense almost always stalled and momentum swung the other way.

We need Kerr. Not a fan of Kier at all running things.
Kier is a very nice spot player off the bench on a top 3 team - he is not a 25min+ a game player on a top 3 team.

we toughed it out my man - now we rest, gameplan and dominate the glass in san antone............
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:43 am
Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:27 am

Is that a medical possibility? Aggravating a grade 2-3 ankle sprain by too much activity on it during the healing process? The only risk I've heard discussed is a separate injury from favoring the injured foot.
I think the only risk is that it will swell from the activity. But if you control the swelling, unless you reinjure it or hurt something else, it should be fine.

I'm happy he got a return out of the way. The 1-10 from three is why I was harping on his conditioning, etc. being off that time. It's really easy to lose rhythym, so hopefully he's in the process of regaining it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And again, what are those fucking cheerleaders doing standing there near the tunnel after the game is way over? Is that some sort of losing ritual that they are accustomed to doing?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:05 pm And again, what are those fucking cheerleaders doing standing there near the tunnel after the game is way over? Is that some sort of losing ritual that they are accustomed to doing?
Do yourself a favor and don't ask that question on twitter.

I did- and now a bunch of texas good ol boys are accusing me of victim blaming and condoning sexual assault.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If that isn’t the definition of irony, Ari…
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:27 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:05 pm And again, what are those fucking cheerleaders doing standing there near the tunnel after the game is way over? Is that some sort of losing ritual that they are accustomed to doing?

I did- and now a bunch of texas good ol boys are accusing me of victim blaming and condoning sexual assault.
Better call Fort Worth SVU
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:27 pm

:lol:

That’s amazing.

“Texas Women can be anywhere! Like basketball courts and kitchens and teaching my children that slaveholders were the best thing to happen to those ungrateful negroes we saved from eating each other!”
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

https://theathletic.com/college-basket ... ADbj5l0cI/

This is the only box score I can find with plus/minus. Crazy that Kriisa was +27!!!
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

It was dumb how they had it setup…opposing teams had to cross each other to go to their respective tunnels. That meant we had to exit the court near their band and cheer and they did the same. Idk who that that was a great idea
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

phxcat23 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:00 pm
It was dumb how they had it setup…opposing teams had to cross each other to go to their respective tunnels. That meant we had to exit the court near their band and cheer and they did the same. Idk who that that was a great idea
Don’t they do something similar to Texas and play some song after each game no matter the outcome? That’s the only thing I can think of…..and in deference to KaibabKat “He touched the boob!, He touched the BOOB!” :lol: :lol: :lol: That one will never get old….because he actually DID touch the ball! Shoutout to our beloved CSM.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

We really need Kerr to play well and a significant amount of minutes vs. Houston IMO…..Their guards scare me a bit…..I know the officiating is key but guard play is critical at this level and it was depressing to see how the TCU guards seemed to outplay ours…if their shots had fallen at even a fraction higher, we’d all be majorly depressed today. Here’s, hoping and praying, Kerr gets significantly closer back to normal in time for the game.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Frybry02 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:47 pm https://theathletic.com/college-basket ... ADbj5l0cI/

This is the only box score I can find with plus/minus. Crazy that Kriisa was +27!!!
18% 3pt shots. ugh
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

HiCat wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:22 am
Frybry02 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:47 pm https://theathletic.com/college-basket ... ADbj5l0cI/

18% 3pt shots. ugh
I was, during the game, noting that Kerr was definitely "plus"; and seeing the stat as +24 (and now, +27) impressed me even more!!!

Then I saw Benn was -2, and laughed at myself!!!!

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:45 pm Here’s, hoping and praying, Kerr gets significantly closer back to normal in time for the game.
Have a feeling Kerr's going to make some big shots on Thursday. The TCU game was his first game playing with a sub-100% ankle, and he actually gave us very solid minutes handling the ball and distributing. His shots weren't falling, and you know that drives him crazy. I expect him to be throwing a lot of kisses this week.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I will be extremely disappointed if his antics lead to a technical. Love him and his fire but this is the NCAA supposed top refs and if we lose because of something he does I will be hard pressed to forgive him. You can play with fire and under control emotionally.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Like mocking a lottery pick who dunked over you as too small multiple time in game?

These refs won’t do shit.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

TheCat wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:58 am I will be extremely disappointed if his antics lead to a technical. Love him and his fire but this is the NCAA supposed top refs and if we lose because of something he does I will be hard pressed to forgive him. You can play with fire and under control emotionally.
This. Hopefully he can combine his passion with just a bit more maturity to maximize his value going forward.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

he really pissed the white hair official off against TCU and the guy gave him no slack all game because of it.

i dont have the energy to provide examples or break down the little small things he was doing that were totally indifferent to the result in the game with the refs, but it happens every game with him...and as with anything new there was no book on him coming into the year from other teams, coaches, players and then officials. just like anything over time there becomes a reputation and Kriisa has earned the one he has now.

he is very immature no question, each situation is a learning experience - i do think he was way too jacked on thursday but had to be otherwise no way he coulda played thru the pain....the extra energy nullified some of his effectiveness along of course with the sore ankle.

i expect him to regroup a bit here and find his comfort zone more heading into Houston which is why getting him those minutes against TCU was so vital.

he will not take ten threes tomorrow or just make only one...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:22 am he really pissed the white hair official off against TCU and the guy gave him no slack all game because of it.

i dont have the energy to provide examples or break down the little small things he was doing that were totally indifferent to the result in the game with the refs, but it happens every game with him...and as with anything new there was no book on him coming into the year from other teams, coaches, players and then officials. just like anything over time there becomes a reputation and Kriisa has earned the one he has now.

he is very immature no question, each situation is a learning experience - i do think he was way too jacked on thursday but had to be otherwise no way he coulda played thru the pain....the extra energy nullified some of his effectiveness along of course with the sore ankle.

i expect him to regroup a bit here and find his comfort zone more heading into Houston which is why getting him those minutes against TCU was so vital.

he will not take ten threes tomorrow or just make only one...
Bottom line, I'm happy he worked through what he needed to work through vs TCU where we could survive it instead of waiting for Houston.

I doubt we could take a game like he had vs TCU against Houston. He clearly needed to get that one out of his system.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

CalStateTempe wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:03 am Like mocking a lottery pick who dunked over you as too small multiple time in game?

These refs won’t do shit.
Okay but you are counting on refs from different crews being consistent. I think you do that at the peril of the team. He can play well with enthusiasm without taking things to the limit. If he gets a tech at the wrong time because it is about him that would be tragic to his teammates and himself.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

To what others have said I trust CTL to get the message on what is appropriate vs what is not as we advance through the tourney.

Edit why CTL said above: he’s easy to coach.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not reading too much into this, but still...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:56 am Not reading too much into this, but still...
He already tweeked the original post, made it sound a lot less like he's leaving. Not sure where he'd go. Xavier?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Europe?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Postmaster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:49 amEurope?
True. I mean, that's waiting for him whenever he's ready. He'll absolutely play pro ball somewhere.

Does it matter to him to spend more time at UofA? I look back at those years as having gone by way, way too fast, and I can't even imagine what it's like to be a high profile athlete on that campus. They're small scale celebrities.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

These guys are seeing the world as they knew it change with the invasion of Ukraine. Might want to get home and make some money to help his family.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He has zero plans of going anywhere at the moment guys.