Always foul up 3

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Always foul up 3

Post by Olsondogg »

If you learn one thing as head coach, it’s this, Tommy.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Re: Always foul up 3

Post by AZCatGirl »

Yeah, I think Tommy is doing a great job so far, but there's a reason Miller was so adamant about that.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Damn skippy
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Only under :10 do you foul when you are up 3. Even Miller said that.

Didn’t Etienne hit his 3 with like 17 seconds left? Not to mention it was a miraculous running, twisting shot.

Don’t blame Tommy boy for not fouling in this instance.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We had three shots at the rim after Etienne’s miracle three. I’m in the camp that you just play good defense unless there’s less than 7 seconds left. Then you foul. But the defense was actually really good (was it Pelle?) on that last play. Etienne just pulled a shot out of his ass. Playground hero.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:31 am We had three shots at the rim after Etienne’s miracle three. I’m in the camp that you just play good defense unless there’s less than 7 seconds left. Then you foul. But the defense was actually really good (was it Pelle?) on that last play. Etienne just pulled a shot out of his ass. Playground hero.
Yep, good defense, had his hand up high, and no foul.
prh

Post by prh »

Yeah, a little too early, and if that's the shot it takes, so be it. Fun to see us actually win a game that came down to final seconds/overtime, although blowing that lead is something to work on
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

This team just learned what it’s like to face a team that plays hard for 40 minutes. Great learning experience.

I thought our D was outstanding throughout the game. Just gave up too many second chance opportunities.

Offense was beautiful some of the time and sloppy other’s especially the latter part of the second half.

Clean up the turnovers and learn from rock fight. But I still love the cohesiveness and grit of this team.

This should be a fun season to watch so I’m getting more and more excited!
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

IMO if they fouled, they likely lose. Plenty of time left, and if WSU hits their foul shots, Cats either turn it over or miss a foul shot and lose on a three.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CatMG wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:29 pm IMO if they fouled, they likely lose. Plenty of time left, and if WSU hits their foul shots, Cats either turn it over or miss a foul shot and lose on a three.
The dude just missed 2/3 from the line, but sure.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong