Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Fishclamps

Justin Kier

Post by Fishclamps »

I'm so glad he came to play for us
RondaeShimmy

Re: Justin Kier

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Why are we only finding out within the last couple weeks how much the players and Lloyd like him and pretty much everyone within the program.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

So very glad and fortunate to have had this young stud on our team if only for a year. Bear Down Justin, you’re forever a Wildcat now!
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I think Kier has a career overseas waiting for him. But he seems like the kind of guy that if he wants to go into coaching, I hope we can find a spot on the bench for him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I was so glad to see his grandma there, after what happened to his mother.

Teammates making fun of him for taking pictures all the time, but he has never been out west.

This man deserves nothing but the best.
Bangkok Wildcat

Merkin wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:03 pm I was so glad to see his grandma there, after what happened to his mother.

Teammates making fun of him for taking pictures all the time, but he has never been out west.

For those of us who don’t know his story, what happened to his Mother? Thanks in advance.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:24 pm
Merkin wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:03 pm I was so glad to see his grandma there, after what happened to his mother.

For those of us who don’t know his story, what happened to his Mother? Thanks in advance.
:cry:

Personal life. At the age of seven, Kier's mother Keley suffered a heart attack while driving a car, crashed into a tree and is now paralyzed, blind and cannot speak. Kier was in the automobile with her but was not injured, escaping through a window.

More here when he was a soph in high school https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... story.html
Bangkok Wildcat

Thank you Merkin 🙏🏼. Wow, that’s an incredibly sad yet uplifting story. Agreed that Justin does deserve the best in life….I can’t even imagine how he got to this point from that accident. Bear Down Justin and Family. God bless you all.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

At the age of seven, Kier's mother Keley suffered a heart attack while driving a car, crashed into a tree and is now paralyzed, blind and cannot speak. Kier was in the automobile with her but was not injured, escaping through a window. As a consequence of the accident and with his father not in his life, Kier and his older brother, Rasheed, came into the custody of their grandmother, Evelyn, and grandfather, David.
Articles on him

2018: https://gomason.com/news/2018/12/24/men ... tball-kier

2016: https://www.whsv.com/content/sports/Def ... 31461.html

2017: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... story.html

2020: http://gmufourthestate.com/2020/03/02/m ... -and-gold/
“I think she’d just be so proud of how I grew up,” he said. “Obviously, before she had her accident, I was just this kid. She and I were always together — I was literally like her sidekick. Kind of like how Kobe was with his daughter and we were literally always together. Wherever she was, I was and I would always be having fun or just kidding around, or getting on her nerves, whatever it was, I was never really serious. So I think if she saw me, she’d see how mature I have been since that accident, I think she would just be really proud of me.”
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Gonna have a big game vs Rado
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Hey, props to him. His little floater and slip pass to Koloko after Kerr went down was difference.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Team
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Look great person and all but the team looks bad in the half court when he's the pg with Kerr sitting and the team isn't out there running.

Hopefully he pulls something out of his pocket. Maybe something like when he was with George Mason and had to do more.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

All right Justin, let's get some good tourney experience here the next couple games.

So glad he is here!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:51 pm Look great person and all but the team looks bad in the half court when he's the pg with Kerr sitting and the team isn't out there running.
My concern too. After he started the Cal game on Senior Night, and the Cats were only able to play even until Kriisa game in. That is a concern.

It was only 2 weeks ago Colorado destroyed Arizona.

I imagine Lloyd has some ideas up his sleeve that Colorado can't plan for. After all, Stanford had the Cats figured out.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

He certainly doesn't have the same vision Kriisa does but I thought he did well enough that it didn't hamper our offense very much
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Lol. Kier played big tonight.

Love that kid and the team does too.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Dude stepped up big time. So glad we have him.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Kier can do that because he's up to it, but also because his team is so fucking good.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Started slow but had a really good game
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think it was Lute who said the only job of the 2nd string is to not lose the lead.

Saying that, he had a really nice 2nd half, with 1st string stats, and especially not any turnovers.

I imagine the walk through tomorrow will be getting him some more high low tosses.

How come these players don't have more followers? Does no one do twitter anymore?
Kiyama

Post by Kiyama »

Kier played great overall... but had 2 knucklehead plays IMO... he let Colorado get a great 3 point look at the end of the first half and the 10 second call. Hope he gets those knucklehead plays out of his system for the tournament.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Kiyama wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:30 am Kier played great overall... but had 2 knucklehead plays IMO... he let Colorado get a great 3 point look at the end of the first half and the 10 second call. Hope he gets those knucklehead plays out of his system for the tournament.
Actually 3. He was leading a 3 on 2 fast break when he threw it right to one of the CU defenders. Watching that, something Kriisa would not have done, although Kriisa certainly makes turnovers too.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

In all seriousness, can Kier play another season, or is this it? I know the ncaa granted an extra year of eligibility because of Covid.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Nope, this is his super senior year
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:56 am In all seriousness, can Kier play another season, or is this it? I know the ncaa granted an extra year of eligibility because of Covid.
The man has had 3 senior days already
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Thanks, guys. Wishful thinking.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Kiyama wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:30 am Kier played great overall... but had 2 knucklehead plays IMO... he let Colorado get a great 3 point look at the end of the first half and the 10 second call. Hope he gets those knucklehead plays out of his system for the tournament.
I was OK with the 2nd one because the game was out of reach, and Tommy let him know not to do it again. :lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The 3 look at the end of the first half was a miscommunication with Pelle. I’m not giving him shit for that.

We had knucklehead plays from a bunch of players. We did have 18 TO’s.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:20 am
Beachcat97 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:56 am In all seriousness, can Kier play another season, or is this it? I know the ncaa granted an extra year of eligibility because of Covid.
The man has had 3 senior days already
What’s one more?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Great kid. Only here 1 year but he was a BIG reason for the success we achieved this season.

Thanks Justin. Hope you find a place to play next year and will be rooting for you.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Working out for the Kings:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce4r9sLB-Lv/

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Heard he was along some of his U of A gear online. In case anyone is interested.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Yeah he wanted $2K for a signed game jersey