TV schedule

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

TV schedule

Post by NYCat »

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArti ... =209654706
TUCSON, Ariz. – The Arizona men’s basketball program, in conjunction with the Pac-12 Conference, announced its league schedule, along with times and television information for the majority of the 2014-15 season, on Monday.

As has become an annual occurrence, the Wildcats will once again be one of the nation’s most visible teams in 2014-15.

UA is slated for a dozen appearances on the ESPN family of networks, including all three contests in Lahaina for the EA Sports Maui Invitational. Arizona’s non-conference home games against Gonzaga and Michigan will be broadcast on ESPN at 3:15 p.m. MST on Dec. 6 and 13, respectively.

Seven of Arizona’s Pac-12 games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks, beginning with the team’s home tilt with Colorado (Jan. 15, 7 p.m. MST). The Worldwide Leader will televise UA’s home dates with UCLA (Feb. 21, 7 p.m. MST) and California (March 5, 7 p.m. MST), as well as conference road dates at Stanford (Jan. 22, 7 p.m. MST), Washington (Feb. 13, 7 p.m. MST), Colorado (Feb. 26, 7 p.m. MST) and Utah (Feb. 28, time TBD).

CBS will televise UA’s regular-season finale against Stanford on March 7 (2 p.m. MST), while the network’s cable partner, CBS Sports Network, will carry Arizona’s visit to UNLV on Dec. 23 (8 p.m. MST).

Fox Sports 1 will televise the Wildcats’ Pac-12 opener against rival Arizona State on Jan. 4 (5 p.m. MST), and UA’s trip to Tempe will be carried by FOX at 2:30 p.m. MST on Feb. 7. FS1 will also broadcast Arizona’s games at Oregon State (Jan. 11, 8 p.m. MST) and Washington State (Feb. 15, 4:30 p.m. MST).

UA is slotted for 13 regular-season appearances on the Pac-12 Networks this season, including its first four of the campaign: the Nov. 9 exhibition against Cal Poly Pomona (4 p.m. MST), the season opener against Mount St. Mary’s on Nov. 14 (6 p.m. MST), its EA Sports Maui Invitational Opening Round game against Cal State Northridge on Nov. 16 (6 p.m. MST) and its tilt with UC Irvine on Nov. 19 (7 p.m. MST).

Additional Pac-12 Networks home games include Gardner-Webb (Dec. 2, 7 p.m. MST), Utah Valley (Dec. 9, 7 p.m. MST), Utah (Jan. 17, 5 p.m. MST), Oregon (Jan. 28, 8 p.m. MST), Oregon State (Jan. 30, 8 p.m. MST) and USC (Feb. 19, 7 p.m. MST). Arizona’s two road games set for P12N are Oregon (Jan. 8, 8 p.m. MST) and California (Jan. 24, 8:30 p.m. MST).

At the current date, time and TV information for Arizona’s trip to UTEP on Dec. 19 have yet to be announced.

Broadcast rights for the Pac-12 Tournament, set for March 11-14 in Las Vegas, will be shared by FS1 and the Pac-12 Networks
Last edited by NYCat on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Re: TV schedule

Post by Merkin »

NYCat wrote: Broadcast rights for the Pac-12 Tournament, set for March 11-14 in Las Vegas, will be shared by FS1 and the Pac-12 Networks
[/quote]

Answer: What are the two sports networks with the least viewership among networks showing major college sports.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man the pac-12 network blows.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Fox Sports 1 will televise the Wildcats’ Pac-12 opener against rival Arizona State on Jan. 4 (5 p.m. MST), and UA’s trip to Tempe will be carried by FOX at 2:30 p.m. MST on Feb. 7. FS1 will also broadcast Arizona’s games at Oregon State(Jan. 11, 8 p.m. MST) and Washington State (Feb. 15, 4:30 p.m. MST).
Why are we being subjected to this again? Gary Payton better be far, FAR away if the people at FS1 have any brains whatsoever. I might actually have to mute an Arizona game if they pull that shit again.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Thankfully we finally have a bunch of Thursday/Saturday pairings again. 5/8 are Thursday/Saturday. Last year it felt like we only had one. Strange Wednesday/Friday combo for the Oregon home games though.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Looks like we will be getting a lot of Bill Walton.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Machina

Post by Machina »

Love the Wednesday Friday for the Oregon schools. Perfect for the Super Bowl in Phoenix.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

CalStateTempe wrote:Man the pac-12 network blows.
Yep. Especially frustrating when I can watch the Big10 and SEC network in HD and after how many years is P12 network still not distributed for shit? P12 is out of sight, out of mind for majority of the DC area. Nobody gives a f*ck unless they're a super die-hard sports fan. Lot of alumni here too for AZ, UCLA, USC, etc.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Fox Sports 1 will televise the Wildcats’ Pac-12 opener against rival Arizona State on Jan. 4 (5 p.m. MST), and UA’s trip to Tempe will be carried by FOX at 2:30 p.m. MST on Feb. 7. FS1 will also broadcast Arizona’s games at Oregon State(Jan. 11, 8 p.m. MST) and Washington State (Feb. 15, 4:30 p.m. MST).
Why are we being subjected to this again? Gary Payton better be far, FAR away if the people at FS1 have any brains whatsoever. I might actually have to mute an Arizona game if they pull that shit again.
I won't watch. Period.

And if P12N pre-empts game coverage for fans in Arizona like it has for football, expect me to cut loose a lot of bloat channels off my satellite REALLY fast.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Irish27 wrote:Looks like we will be getting a lot of Bill Walton.
I already overdosed.

Man, a bunch of grumps here. We're all over TV. We land elite recruiting classes. Won't watch games? What? Yeah, that'll show 'em.
Right where I want to be.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Fingers crossed for Gus Johnson in Tempe

Cant wait to start the new Bill Walton thread. Hopefully he has new material
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

gumby wrote:
I already overdosed.

Man, a bunch of grumps here. We're all over TV. We land elite recruiting classes. Won't watch games? What? Yeah, that'll show 'em.
Could you sit through that amateur hour that was the broadcast from Corvallis last season, G?

Muting the TV is what my dad would do when things were going badly, not just when the announcers were annoying.

But getting full-on homered and having your ears ravaged by a cheese-grater politely called Fox Sports 1 studio coverage is a waste of life.
gumby

Post by gumby »

What will you do instead? Will you check to see who won at some point?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

That's what the game threads here are for. :)
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

To be fair a lot of games won't be close and pretty much guaranteed w's (not all but a considerable amount) which makes it easier to skip watching the games.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:
I already overdosed.

I agree with this. Complaining because all games are televised?

Oh man, I am gonna stomp my feet and not watch, or watch illegally...that will show Larry Scott!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:What will you do instead? Will you check to see who won at some point?
You could always call in and say you're going to blow up a bus full of schoolchildren unless they turn off Payton's mike...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

I only wish I got FS 1 with my dish network package. I have P12 network and FS 2 but not FS 1 so I don't get to see any of those games. I just listen with Tune in radio pro.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

teemackdee wrote:I only wish I got FS 1 with my dish network package. I have P12 network and FS 2 but not FS 1 so I don't get to see any of those games. I just listen with Tune in radio pro.
I have heard this before, what do you have on channel 150?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

Next time you feel like complaining, just think of the IMG thing we almost got stuck with. A plan only the locals could love.
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

Olsondogg wrote:
teemackdee wrote:I only wish I got FS 1 with my dish network package. I have P12 network and FS 2 but not FS 1 so I don't get to see any of those games. I just listen with Tune in radio pro.

I don't have 150. It goes 149 then 152. My bil in Gilbert thought it was weird that I didn't have it either. My package is 120+ on dish.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I think you only get FS1 with the Top 250 package through Dish.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

teemackdee wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

I don't have 150. It goes 149 then 152. My bil in Gilbert thought it was weird that I didn't have it either. My package is 120+ on dish.

I'm in the same boat. How the hell can they give us FS2 and not FS1?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: I'm in the same boat. How the hell can they give us FS2 and not FS1?
Can we blame Larry Scott? That is unreal.

Last year I tried to find FS2 and it ended up being some English horse channel.

People really prefer watching a horse channel over college basketball?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

What's wrong with your guy's dish? I have dish with the basic sports package and I have fs1
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:
Alieberman wrote: I'm in the same boat. How the hell can they give us FS2 and not FS1?
Can we blame Larry Scott? That is unreal.

Last year I tried to find FS2 and it ended up being some English horse channel.

People really prefer watching a horse channel over college basketball?
Bloat channels.

I tried to downgrade back to Top 125 last spring through Dish and lost FS1 in the process.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:What's wrong with your guy's dish? I have dish with the basic sports package and I have fs1

I don't have the basic sports package, just the America's Top 200 package like CG97 with FS1 but not FS2.
Last edited by Merkin on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:What's wrong with your guy's dish? I have dish with the basic sports package and I have fs1
I remember you and I arguing this same point last year!

I have the 125+ package with sports package and I don't have it.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

catgrad97 wrote:I think you only get FS1 with the Top 250 package through Dish.
This is correct. I recently switched back to dish from cox and discovered this. Maybe I am one of the few but I really really like FS1 a lot more than ESPN. I love Fox Sports Live with Jay and Dan, though their B team leaves a lot to be desired. But Jay and Dan are awesome, stealing them from TSN was a genius move.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Do we really only play UCLA once again this year?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Yep, so we dont have to watch 80 Wooden commercials this year. Same with USC and the Washingtons
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:Yep, so we dont have to watch 80 Wooden commercials this year. Same with USC and the Washingtons
In the Larry Scott era not playing the LA teams might not be such a bad thing after all.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Liking the home schedule more this year, can't wait for the Gonzaga game.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Here's what you do with Dish...call or chat and complain. They'll find a way to get you the channel and not hurt your bill.

Gotta say, Dish is way more responsive than DirecTV.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
SIGH!
gumby

Post by gumby »

He will be present. What he calls is anyone's guess.
Timothy Leary's dead.
Oh no-no-no
He's outside
looking in.
The Saguaro Cacti and Sabino Canyon will be dancing tonight!
Act like you're reading a Robert Frost poem!
And lest we forget. The Rialto Theater.

Machina

Post by Machina »

Merkin wrote:
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Didn't Fox Sports carry some of these Pac-12 games last year? Is it safe to assume this will be the case this year?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASU, @OSU and @WSU on FS1
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Time

3 PM MST
TV

ESPN2

Arizona leaves Tucson for the first time this season with a trip to the tropical paradise of Hawaii for the 2014 Maui Invitational. A talented field awaits Arizona who will be searching for its second Maui title after winning the tournament in 2000.
Tweet (15) Share (66) Share

Sean Miller knew UC-Irvine would be a challenge for his Wildcats leading up to his team's game last Wednesday citing their experience, size and recent success as reasons why. Surely he didn't anticipate the Wildcats would be facing a comeback in the final ten minutes to remain undefeated but that was what it required as Arizona enters the Maui Invitational 3-0.

Arizona will be joined in the field by Monday's opponent Missouri as well as Kansas State, Purdue, Pittsburgh, BYU, San Diego State and host Chaminade. Arizona will enter as an overwhelming favorite to win the event but will be challenged along the way if it hopes to claim its second such title tournament history. San Diego State once again represents one of the top teams on the West Coast and BYU brings one of the most prolific scorers in college basketball to the tournament with Tyler Haws. Kansas State and Pittsburgh both are generally stout defenses who Arizona could possibly see later on down the road.

It all starts Monday with the Missouri Tigers where the Wildcats will look to move to 4-0 and one step closer to a tournament title. Some key things to look at entering the game:

1. Three-head guard attack

As was the case a year ago, Missouri's offensive identity is based in its back court where the Tigers have played three guards over 30 minutes apiece. Wes Clark and Montaque Gill-Caesar lead the attack for the Tigers each averaging over 14 points per game (over 16 in Gill-Caesar's case) but will face their stiffest test yet. How Missouri tries to navigate the Wildcats defense without a ton of weapons on the inside will be a key for Missouri on the offensive end. The Tigers have not shot the ball well from three as a team and it's tough to beat Arizona with a guard-oriented attack if you don't shoot the three well. T.J McConnell, Gabe York and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson will likely have this engraved in their brains by tip off.

2. Does Arizona finally play a complete defensive game?

Nobody really questions the fact that Arizona is a very good defensive basketball team despite the fact that through three games the numbers don't support that. Too many lapses for stretches of the game have allowed far inferior opponents to make runs on Arizona. When the Wildcats do turn the defense full throttle it can be suffocating as the team showed in the last ten minutes vs UC-Irvine and at the end of the first half against Mount St. Mary's. There are some new parts on this team but there certainly is enough left from last year's core, including defensive standout McConnell, to make these lapses befuddling. Have the Wildcats just taken the first three opponents lightly or are there holes to plug? With the national stage this week, we'll see if that defense comes out with the lights on.

3. Front court edge

Arizona will have the front court edge nearly every time it takes the floor in 2014-2015 given the stockpiling of NBA talent the Wildcats possess. It will be large on Monday when Arizona takes the floor vs Missouri because of that guard play alluded to in the first key. Missouri like Arizona a season ago doesn't go very deep into its bench and any foul trouble by the Tigers bigs would put the Tigers into a tough spot defensively. If the Wildcats control the boards and dictate tempo as the matchup suggests it should be able to, Arizona should have a pretty good chance to make life very difficult for the Missouri offense. However as we've seen in the first three games, the Wildcats haven't always made things as easy as possible.
Time
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/2014/11/23 ... h-missouri
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

I pay ten bucks extra a month to get those few games we play on FS 1.

I would never miss watching a game.

Non the less wish hoping the day comes when I can dump my cable altogether and just pay for all the Arizona games for the season or some other similar set up. Will it happen sooner rather than later similar to netflix or Amazon or other sports where you can pay a couple hundred and watch the entire season?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Incredible as always
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Incredible as always
If everyone thinks the same then no one is thinking.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Did everyone enjoy that 12 minute long Bob Dylan story that went nowhere?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:Did everyone enjoy that 12 minute long Bob Dylan story that went nowhere?
Bob Dylan plays like a giant.

Similar to PJC.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: