2015 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: 2015 recruits/commitment thread

Post by azcat49 »

I still have lacross and the guide says it will be on from 8-11.

STAY TUNED TO THE CO-OP TODAY!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

SandwichGuy

Post by SandwichGuy »

Sandwichguy standing by
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Red 6 standing by.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Is there anything more boring than 7 on 7 football? At least the pick up games on the street in front of my house had one blitz every 4 downs and the potential for road rash...
Ih8assu

Post by Ih8assu »

EVCat wrote:Is there anything more boring than 7 on 7 football? At least the pick up games on the street in front of my house had one blitz every 4 downs and the potential for road rash...
HaHa exactly. This better be worth the wait!
"A year ago, the best perimeter player came to McKale, we gave him some milk and cookies, rubbed his belly & made sure he had wide open shots. If he missed, we'd even pass it back to him and see if he could break scoring records." S. Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I take it there is still no decision yet.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

UP NEXT
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

If you get ESPNU, flip over there now. It's happening.
Formerly McLurvin
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Goddammit.
Formerly McLurvin
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

WHAT ..................

To the VOLS
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Boooo!!!!!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Feck.
boat343

Post by boat343 »

Well shoot. We dared to dream...

So what's next? Any good QBs left we can steal away from Nevada?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

lame.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We got trolled.

Although Vols fans could have said the same had he chosen us.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have stayed off Twitter since I am so tired of hearing that LeBron ran into the 7-11 for a Big Gulp and they were pretty sure it was pina colada, but I had perhaps 1% hope that McKenzie would pick Arizona. Just decades of being a not-have have given me very low expectations for the football team.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Can we be honest and say that up to this point that this recruiting class blows?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:Can we be honest and say that up to this point that this recruiting class blows?
no. still a top 30 class in the country and we're only 2/3 done. lots of time left. we can never expect to get consistent top 15 classes with rich rod. if we're always in the top 30 and as long as RR keeps getting his OKGs and doesn't forget how to run his systems...we'll be fine. oregon isn't pulling in top 5 classes (their last 5 classes have averaged around #15-16). if we get consistent just #20-30 classes, we can easily be a team that wins 10 games a year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ElGatoBlanco wrote:Can we be honest and say that up to this point that this recruiting class blows?
no. still a top 30 class in the country and we're only 2/3 done. lots of time left. we can never expect to get consistent top 15 classes with rich rod. if we're always in the top 30 and as long as RR keeps getting his OKGs and doesn't forget how to run his systems...we'll be fine. oregon isn't pulling in top 5 classes (their last 5 classes have averaged around #15-16). if we get consistent just #20-30 classes, we can easily be a team that wins 10 games a year.
Right now it is not shaping to be finish anything close to a top 30 class... If it continues on it's current trend, it probably projects be somewhere between 40 and 50. The 2014 class finished ranked 28-32 and had 5-6 4-star recruits. In reality it was much better than that because of big time transfers that did not get factored into the ranking,

Right now it sits around 35, and that is because we are way ahead of the curve in # of commits. Just like last year, only a year ago we were in the top 15-ish early in the game, and #1 in the PAC for a while. That similar drop will occur when other teams fill their classes later in the process.

Plenty of decent arguments can be made in support of this class - The number of guys we are getting who were priorities because they were offered early... The staff's record of delivering results at WVU with rosters made up of guys not highly rated by the recruiting service... Etc. We can either be down on the class or have faith that the coaches know what they are doing.

But none of that changes the fact that on paper, this class right now does not appear to be nearly as strong as the haul in 2014 - whether by star-ranking or offer lists of the guys committed.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

So hard for me to judge. Using rating services, fans tend to boast them if team ranking is high and rationalize (I do) if team ranking not so "good". Mix in scheme, coaching and margin for error and who knows. Hard to tell by highlight videos alone.

Look at Nate Phillips, Derrick Turituri (Rival 2 stars) and then Logan Stott (Rivals 4 star). Throw in the high caliber transfers and the class rankings not as reflective. But high quality players can be coached and seen even if they didn't appear that way on paper.

I'm Little surprised at this year's class. Not maintaining the trajectory I anticipated in RR's 3rd year. Then I thought this year's class adding depth/glue the team needs. But still hoping for/leading towards a program changing trajectory. If no other reason than to help change momentum with recruits who might look at other highly rated players going to a program to help convince them to commit as well.. I am convinced players like KM are commit rainmakers for example. Momentum.

2013 class Arizona finished ranked Scout 27th, Rival 37th. Scout had AZ 5th in Pac12, Rivals 7th
2014 Scout 30th, Rival 28th. Scout and Rivals had AZ 6th in Pac12

Still time, but I think it might be tough to finish ranked with a top 30 class. Most teams currently ranked 30-50 have much less verbals right now. So they have lots of room to move ahead. Same with ranking within Pac12. Arizona currently 4th, but again all teams 5-12 have 10 or less verbals right now (except ASu).

I'm surprised at the 2015 class trajectory. Especially within the Pac12. Selfish, but I'm looking for signs for program changer. Something other than incremental improvement. I still believe RR and Co. will achieve that and give "us" a run at it.

Stoops 1st 2 classes were top 20. His 3rd class dropped to mid/high 40's then fluctuated around there until...

RR is NOT Stoops. RR has a national rep and convinced he is a really good coach/innovator with really good coaches around him. Like Casteel and MaGee. Packaged deal. I believe RR is a rainmaker as well. His offensive system generates highly productive players.

Can Rich Rod win 7-9 games every year and go to a Bowl. I think so. I'm Looking for signs IF it can more than that.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Where this class is ranked now has zero impact on where it will be ranked when things are done. A class full of three stars is NOT going to get you into the top 30 nationally, and we don't have many other four stars on the list to pursue.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
jollything

Post by jollything »

what were RR classes like at WVU? I think the class ratings are always going to fluctuate here at AZ, and we probably aren't going to be a top 10 recruiting team year in and year out. If there is one thing I keep hearing about this staff, it's that they are excellent evaluators of talent. This means we are going to take the 2* diamond in the rough type because the staff thinks they fit. I have no doubt that getting 5* would be great, and that it will happen eventually, but I also think that the recruits we do get the staff truly wants.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

jollything wrote:what were RR classes like at WVU?
Once Miami, VT, and BC left Big East in 2003, RR's recruiting classes (rankings) at WVU started to improve. Went from mid-50's to 30's with a best 18th in 2007 class. But RR's class rankings within Big East also improved to 1st or 2nd ranked most years. Back and forth with Pitt. Those two topped Big East rankings once Miami etc left. Helped WVU with bowl tie-ins etc.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

class is under-whelming. Looking like a 2013 type of class..
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

catinfl wrote:class is under-whelming. Looking like a 2013 type of class..

ESPN says:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... class/2015

1 4*
12 3*
2 NR
3 JC

Which is probably better than what Scout and Rivals ranks them.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

What's happening to Tezino? Is he still a strong Arizona lean?
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Abrahamarvel wrote:What's happening to Tezino? Is he still a strong Arizona lean?
Yup, he just wants to wait until signing day for whatever reason.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Right now Arizona's at that point in the road were they're getting serious looks by 5and4*, they'll start falling in our direction soon - just depends on how good the Cats play this upcoming season to keep our recruiting momentum solid and fresh.
Mike Luke's burner account.
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

Jalen Tabor ... sound familiar ?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... possession

Oh well ..... karma ?
:)

OOPS ... I guess he was a 2014 recruit ..
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

He must have been really high to have Superman tattooed on his chest - now we know how that happened.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

CatnapTom wrote:Jalen Tabor ... sound familiar ?

Oh well ..... karma ?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh well ..... karma ?

OOPS ... I guess he was a 2014 recruit ..

Mama knows best I guess. Too bad for the kid. We could have used him this year for sure
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Must have been hanging around Ace.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Yeah it's not that big of a deal imo. Would still like to have him
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

CFL, Chief, anyone... who's next on our radar?
boat343

Post by boat343 »

Not a big deal at all. It is a couple years away from being legal in numerous states, if not nationwide. I'd still LOVE to have him here. The sting of him going to Florida still hurts. Not a bad kid at all. Anybody judging him on this should remember that there were marijuana allegations involved in Carey's case. Hate to break it to anyone that think our "OKG's" scoff at the notion of smoking; probably more than half do. Just like any other college student.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

boat343 wrote:Not a big deal at all. It is a couple years away from being legal in numerous states, if not nationwide. I'd still LOVE to have him here. The sting of him going to Florida still hurts. Not a bad kid at all. Anybody judging him on this should remember that there were marijuana allegations involved in Carey's case. Hate to break it to anyone that think our "OKG's" scoff at the notion of smoking; probably more than half do. Just like any other college student.
My highschool had 5 D1 prospects and right after the season ended they were all smoking. It's not un-common amongst kids and it doesn't flag me as a character issue at all.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Keenan Walker review from the Opening (Scout)
"I love UA, I'm not looking around at all," Walker said. "I won't be taking any other trips except to UA, I'm locked up and threw away the key. There's a reason why I committed so early, it's a great school and the perfect fit for me and I can't wait to get out there and get going."
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

TuiTouchdown wrote:CFL, Chief, anyone... who's next on our radar?
Arthur McGinnis, Kyhava Tezino, Tyron Johnson, Shun Brown, Khylan Thomas, Torrance Gibson, and Raequan Williams. All guys the staff would love to have..
boat343

Post by boat343 »

catinfl wrote:
Arthur McGinnis, Kyhava Tezino, Tyron Johnson, Shun Brown, Khylan Thomas, Torrance Gibson, and Raequan Williams. All guys the staff would love to have..
Other than Tezino, which ones do they have a legitimate shot with? I imagine Williams, with the family connection to Arizona.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

boat343 wrote:
catinfl wrote:
Other than Tezino, which ones do they have a legitimate shot with? I imagine Williams, with the family connection to Arizona.
I think we have a decent shot with Khylan Thomas and I'd even venture out to say we're leading at this point. Having Kendall Franklin obviously helps with McGinnis and Johnson, but Johnson is gonna be a tougher pull and I'd say we have a better shot at McGinnis. Raequan Williams is an Iowa lean right now, but he said he wants to take his OV's so anything can happen. Gibson is Gibson. He's a tease and loves attention. He said he's gonna visit in September and said he'd like to take an unofficial, but will use an official if he has too. Gonna be a tough pull, but anything can happen. We probably lead for Shun Brown.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Cool, thanks. Looks like coach is trying to lock up the class before the season even starts.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

OL from CA. Lists his finalists as UA, UT (EDITED: Utah), CAL, ASU. Has said he wanted to make his verbal by end of July:
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

UT probably isn't the best way to abbreviate Utah on a football board. :)
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

His #TheOpening invite interview [youtube]oUr_kwsgIeg[/youtube]

recruiting profile: http://247sports.com/Player/John-Houston-30390
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

What's up w/ that?
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

wyo-cat wrote:What's up w/ that?
Pretty sure it's referring to this
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Cool. Thanks.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Creason just committed.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion